FOMM or MO2 for FNV?

Both are fine.  

FOMM installs mods directly it the game folder.  So if something goes to shit and you have a bunch of mods installed, it can be a real pain to start over.  It is easy to use and understand.  Not much need of tutorials or how to videos to figure out how to use.

MO2 installs mods to a folder outside of the game folder.  Thus the vanilla game is always going to be fine.  It takes a bit of work to set it up and you likely will need to read some tutorials and watch some how to videos to learn to use it properly.  It also is fairly easy to modify, install and reinstall mods.  

Either one will get the job done.  

3 hours ago, RichterQ87 said:

I know this question has been asked several times but all the topics I found on it were from like 5+ years ago and I think the modding scene has changed a bit since then.

So this might come down to personal preference but figured I'd ask. FOMM or MO2 for FNV modding?

Everything you can do in FOMM you can do with MO2 and much much more, with the exception of extracting BSAs. That's pretty much the only reason why I still have FOMM installed. I would go with MO2 for all the benefits it has to offer.

57 minutes ago, endgame † addiction said:

Everything you can do in FOMM you can do with MO2 and much much more, with the exception of extracting BSAs. That's pretty much the only reason why I still have FOMM installed. I would go with MO2 for all the benefits it has to offer.

What? MO2 can also extract BSA's.

MO2 has a bigger learning curve, but will eventually be easier to manage. Also MO2 is less issues with the bigger mods. FOMM and NMM weren't build to handle 1GB+ sized mods and overhauls.