Modding question: Age_Preset(s).

I'll make it short.

Can someone please enlighten me about where I can find the actual defines of stuff like "age_preset_puberty" and the likes, that are mentioned in genes?

Just that, but this has a huge potential in body development modding.

Please?

4 hours ago, zigmas said:

I'll make it short.

Can someone please enlighten me about where I can find the actual defines of stuff like "age_preset_puberty" and the likes, that are mentioned in genes?

Just that, but this has a huge potential in body development modding.

Please?

OK, so for the first one you'll find it in the trait files (for example traits.txt) cause its a flag or modifier you can find most of them in the file I'll link below (Just warning you, you'll need Notepad++ but if your gonna make a mod you'll need it anyway)

Now for the DNA, no clue where its from but you can access someones DNA in Debug Mode or with Console Commands (Usually can be found with a cheat menu)(One of them can be found here)

_traits.info

1 hour ago, M4rocks said:

no clue where its from.

And that means you can't help me here.

Thanks for trying, dude.

I'll wait for someone who knows where to find those.

(I was asking a very specific question: Show me the file that defines the actual age that is called "age_preset_puberty" when referenced in genes. That's it, nothing else.)

17 minutes ago, zigmas said:

(I was asking a very specific question: Show me the file that defines the actual age that is called "age_preset_puberty" when referenced in genes. That's it, nothing else.)

Pretty sure that's a value coded into the game engine because they don't want people modding it.

38 minutes ago, Dagulus said:

Pretty sure that's a value coded into the game engine because they don't want people modding it.

It does seem that way.

Alternatively, I'd be able to do something with the full list of those existing "age_preset"s, at least.

Because I did manage to mod babies with tits (replaced "puberty" with something "baby-related") - but that's, well, NOT my goal, lol.

My actual goal is to make the process of tits growing more flexible, as opposed to the rigid way it's dealt with by the engine.

As in, make more "varied tits" genes than a single one that erases sagging (or "aging") entirely.

Heck, maybe I could even eventually mod tits shapes (slightly) based on how they are supposed to change over time.

But I need to understand the actual parameters for this, which starts with "age_preset"s as the basis.

At least the full list of them, if it's impossible to add/edit them directly.

1 hour ago, M4rocks said:

Ye, no clue what to do, but anyway im curious do those tits look like big girl tits as soon as theyre born or to they grow, cause if they do... don't add that in your mod.

That was just me replacing one "age_preset" (used in breasts) with another (used in another body part, hence from birth).

But it was WEIRD and INEFFECTIVE, since that wasn't what I was looking for anyways.

My goal is about older teens and adults, not babies.

I want to mod a gene that gives older teens quicker (not bigger, but earlier, by 2-3 years) breasts - and the reverse, having adults develop breasts (a bit) later as well.

And, of course, all of this could be manipulated into creating more diverse breasts altogether, if only I knew what shape is triggered in what way and at which timing.

Basically, a way to compile different breast shapes without drawing them from scratch as DDS, lol.

We have approx 5 such shapes already in the game, so combining them COULD be an interesting trick.

Unfortunately, this is really hard to see in real time, lol.

Ok I found where the genes are found, cause now you got me interested, path: D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings III/game/common/genes here you can find the genes, but just warning you its NOT found in documents, thats why I made it so long.

gene_bs_bust = {

index = 94
    group = body

bust_clothes = {
        index = 0
        female = {
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_max" value = { min = -1.0 max = 1.0 }  age = age_preset_puberty }
            setting = { attribute = "bs_breast_size_max" value = { min = -1.0 max = 1.0 }  age = age_preset_puberty }
        }
        girl = female
    }

bust_default = {
        index = 1
        visible = no
        female = {
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -1.0 max = 1.0 }  age = age_preset_puberty }
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_shape_2" value = { min = 0.5 max = 1.5 } age = age_preset_aging_secondary_full  }
            decal = {                                           
                    body_part = torso
                    textures = {
                        diffuse = "gfx/models/portraits/decals/female_body/decal_female_body_breast_size_max_diffuse.dds"
                        normal = "gfx/models/portraits/decals/female_body/decal_female_body_breast_size_min_normal.dds"
                    }
                    alpha_curve = {              #controls decal alpha relative to gene strength. Will give a linear interpolation if left unspecified
                        #character age%, decal alpha
                        { 0.0  1.0 }
                        { 0.5   0.0 }
                        { 1.0   0.0 }
                    }
                    blend_modes = {              #overlay/replace/hard_light/multiply
                        diffuse = multiply
                        normal = replace
                        # properties =
                    }
                    priority = 1
            }
            decal = {                                           
                    body_part = torso
                    textures = {
                        diffuse = "gfx/models/portraits/decals/female_body/decal_female_body_breast_size_max_diffuse.dds"
                        normal = "gfx/models/portraits/decals/female_body/decal_female_body_breast_size_max_normal.dds"
                    }
                    alpha_curve = {              #controls decal alpha relative to gene strength. Will give a linear interpolation if left unspecified
                        #character age%, decal alpha
                        { 0.5  0.0 }
                        { 1.0   1.0 }
                    }
                    blend_modes = {              #overlay/replace/hard_light/multiply
                        diffuse = multiply
                        normal = replace
                        # properties =
                    }
                    priority = 1
            }
        }

For your reference this is the first reference of breasts (Line 7235, In 01_genes_morph

It wont be here though, this is just the breast topic... don't quote me.

Duuude.

My *QUESTION* is:

Where can I find the *DEFINES* of "age_preset_puberty" (and others).

I already KNEW that it's the thing controlling how the breast gene works.

The question was about modding the *PRESET* itself.

I can't find it anywhere else, besides already being referenced as is.

Most probably it IS hardcoded, but that's a bit strange, since you CAN mod stuff like "age of adulthood", which would then *CONTRADICT* the preset's own "age of adulthood".

Still gonna need to wait for someone to actually clarify this, I see.

23 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Thread cleaned up.

No reason to lose ourselves in assumptions or tantrums.

Thanks.

I kinda ordered my account deleted, lol, but this WAS a part of the "why the HELL am I constantly being accused of things I never said", well, "tantrum".

So whatever happens, happens, but that was VERY insulting, dammit.

And I'll stop it at that.

Still hoping for any MODDING help, though.

Knowing how to edit those "age_presets" would be quite useful for way more than just tits modding, but also stuff like height growth or changes that rely on one's age in some way.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, zigmas said:

Duuude.

My *QUESTION* is:

Where can I find the *DEFINES* of "age_preset_puberty" (and others).

I already KNEW that it's the thing controlling how the breast gene works.

The question was about modding the *PRESET* itself.

I can't find it anywhere else, besides already being referenced as is.

Most probably it IS hardcoded, but that's a bit strange, since you CAN mod stuff like "age of adulthood", which would then *CONTRADICT* the preset's own "age of adulthood".

Still gonna need to wait for someone to actually clarify this, I see.

You mention here that it is possible to mod "age of adulthood". Do you mean just changing the age number or can you also add other script? For example I would like to add an if_else block to certain Defines, but I am unable to do so.

55 minutes ago, joemann said:

You mention here that it is possible to mod "age of adulthood". Do you mean just changing the age number or can you also add other script? For example I would like to add an if_else block to certain Defines, but I am unable to do so.

Nah, this engine is way too stupid for such complex thinking, lol.

By the way, I'm also still hoping for any procedural modding ability to change the factual age of a character.

Immortality merely affects the portrait age, not the biological one.

That one you (as of now) must change manually via Debug Mode.

But if and when there happens to be a mod that allows changing a character's age via scripts - ohohoho, lol.

Would sooo like it, really.

Top of 01_genes_morph file looks like this.

age_presets = {
                      age_preset_aging_primary = {
                               mode = multiply
                               curve = {

{ 0.0 0.0 }
                                            { 0.25 0.0 }
                                            { 0.35 0.2 }
                                            { 0.75 1.0 }
                               }

}

Basically the left value of the curve represents the character's age (I'm pretty sure its percent of max age which is 100 in the defines file). The right side represents a value. Depending on the mode the value is either added to the attribute or the attribute is multiplied by the value.

There is a linear relationship for any age not specified. So for example under age_preset_aging_primary the attribute would be zero until the character hits 25. At 25 it starts increasing by 0.02 per year until it reaches its full value at 75. Note that you can't have an attribute value higher than 1.