Items that attach when nude and AAF compatability

So I've been messing around trying to create a mod to get more seamless futa support in Fallout 4, but I'm having some trouble with the AAF handles equipment removal.

In particular, I'm basing my mod around Strap-on,viodoe,dick for female/servitron, which adds basic futa support (strap-ons that look like and behave as dicks and can be attached manually). What I've been trying to do is remove the need to do this manually by having a magic effect detect when an actor is naked and equip one of the futa viodoe's automatically.

Now, I got that part working just fine when manually removing clothes, but the problem is that when AAF gets involved it's forcing the item off and using a strap-on as normal.

I've already tried adding a keyword to the viodoe and then creating a protectedEquipment.xml file, but this doesn't seem to be helping; if the player is already naked (and schlonged) before triggering AAF, it still tries to equip a strap-on as attaching a strap-on seems to override any protectedEquipment.xml settings for the same slot. Meanwhile if the player is clothed (no schlong) when the scene begins, the magic effect can't equip its schlong because the strap-on is already equipped (and presumably marked with abUnequip = False).

Is there any way for me to indicate to AAF that an actor does not need a strap-on, or give it a specific item to use instead rather than going with default behaviour?

6 hours ago, Renara said:

So I've been messing around trying to create a mod to get more seamless futa support in Fallout 4, but I'm having some trouble with the AAF handles equipment removal.

In particular, I'm basing my mod around Strap-on,viodoe,dick for female/servitron, which adds basic futa support (strap-ons that look like and behave as dicks and can be attached manually). What I've been trying to do is remove the need to do this manually by having a magic effect detect when an actor is naked and equip one of the futa viodoe's automatically.

Now, I got that part working just fine when manually removing clothes, but the problem is that when AAF gets involved it's forcing the item off and using a strap-on as normal.

I've already tried adding a keyword to the viodoe and then creating a protectedEquipment.xml file, but this doesn't seem to be helping; if the player is already naked (and schlonged) before triggering AAF, it still tries to equip a strap-on as attaching a strap-on seems to override any protectedEquipment.xml settings for the same slot. Meanwhile if the player is clothed (no schlong) when the scene begins, the magic effect can't equip its schlong because the strap-on is already equipped (and presumably marked with abUnequip = False).

Is there any way for me to indicate to AAF that an actor does not need a strap-on, or give it a specific item to use instead rather than going with default behaviour?

There was link for this mod in description

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately this isn't the part I'm having trouble with; I can apply the AAF_GenderOverride_Male keyword but it doesn't help, it just changes which position data is used, I still end up with a character wearing a strap-on but making male sounds.

Basically my mod is intended to take the futa support from yours with futa support enabled, but strap-ons still the default (see attached fmod screenshot). It then adds an aura effect on the player to periodically detect unassigned female NPCs and then random assign them as futas by marking them as assigned and adding spell. The spell added to futas checks for the actor being naked and adds and equips one of the viodoe objects that your mod replaces with dicks.

Like I say, this works perfectly when manually undressing an actor, causing the viodoe to be added and equipped automatically, so I can have actors standing erect looking correct, the problem I'm having is with AAF.

It's possible I'm doing this all wrong, as this is how I would do it in Skyrim with SexLab and Schlongs of Skyrim, but of course we're working with different systems in Fallout 4. It's also possible I'm misunderstanding how your mod adds futa support; is it enough just to have the viodoe in inventory when AAF starts a scene?

I'm also taking a look at AAF's various equipment XML options, will see if I can figure out one that might work for me.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 13.50.44.jpg

3 hours ago, Renara said:

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately this isn't the part I'm having trouble with; I can apply the AAF_GenderOverride_Male keyword but it doesn't help, it just changes which position data is used, I still end up with a character wearing a strap-on but making male sounds.

Basically my mod is intended to take the futa support from yours with futa support enabled, but strap-ons still the default (see attached fmod screenshot). It then adds an aura effect on the player to periodically detect unassigned female NPCs and then random assign them as futas by marking them as assigned and adding spell. The spell added to futas checks for the actor being naked and adds and equips one of the viodoe objects that your mod replaces with dicks.

Like I say, this works perfectly when manually undressing an actor, causing the viodoe to be added and equipped automatically, so I can have actors standing erect looking correct, the problem I'm having is with AAF.

It's possible I'm doing this all wrong, as this is how I would do it in Skyrim with SexLab and Schlongs of Skyrim, but of course we're working with different systems in Fallout 4. It's also possible I'm misunderstanding how your mod adds futa support; is it enough just to have the viodoe in inventory when AAF starts a scene?

I'm also taking a look at AAF's various equipment XML options, will see if I can figure out one that might work for me.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 13.50.44.jpg

When actor is counted as male in AAF, xml equipment config will never equip strapon for this actor

All you may need is no-strip manager because of different settings in aaf your male actors may strip clothing where one of clothing is dick

AAF doesn't, by itself, have anything to do with strap-ons. I'm not sure which. But, some other mod that is installed is giving instructions to AAF to put strap-ons on in some contexts. That is where the adjustment would need to be made to stop that. Perhaps replacing that mods equipmentSet XML.

Thanks, I think I found it!

AAF still doesn't seem to like the way I'm applying the dick much when it comes to NPCs, but I've added a keyword to the actor and created an equipmentSet XML to ensure it's also added by AAF in place of any strap-ons and it now seems to be working both with and without AAF_GenderOverride_Male with the animations I have installed (basically all of them, probably why I'm having difficulties).

Anyway, thanks both of you for your help! Once I get the other minor issues with my mod fixed it should be ready for upload to let others try it.