Texture Expansion for Dicky's Pinup Outfit

View File

Description

A texture expansion for customizing Dicky's Pinup Outfit.  Since the latest update, nearly 100 additional textures are now available for customizing the Pinup Outfit from the armor workbench.  See the attached images for a showcase of each outfit.

Note: This mod DOES NOT change ANYTHING in the original Pinup Outfit mod.  Only additional choices are added to the armor workbench for customizing the outfit pieces.  

Requirements

- Dicky's Pinup Outfit Version 3 (This mod will not work with previous versions of the Pinup Outfit)

If you don't have his mod, you may download it here or on NexusMods.  Please remember to endorse/up-vote.

Updates

- ESL-flagged version now available.  This version of the install file won't count against the 256 maximum number of ESP files (mods) you're allowed to have installed.  DO NOT INSTALL BOTH VERSIONS.  ONLY ONE IS NECESSARY.

- Version 1.1 Update.  Added eighteen(18) bikini, nine(9) jacket, and two(2) skirt textures.  Click here to view the Release Notes for my own comments and background info on this update.

- Version 1.2 Update.  Added thirteen(13) bikini, twelve(12) jacket, eleven(11) skirt, and one(1) high heels textures.  A configuration script was added for controlling the luminosity of the glowing effect for some outfits.  The Update 1.2 Release Notes has instructions for using this script.

104739162_TableofTexturesLoversLab.png.304e1d6cd77c574c81601521b0399810.png

Glowing Outfits Configuration Script
An optional download is available for configuring the luminosity (brightness) of the glowing effect for outfits in this mod.  This script only needs to be used if you want to change the luminosity of the outfits from their default value.  Please refer to the Release Notes for Update 1.2, in the support thread, for instructions on how to use this script BEFORE downloading.

FAQ

Q: Is this mod compatible with the CBBE or Fusion Girl versions?
A: Yes. Both the CBBE and Fusion Girl versions of Dicky's Pinup Oufit, linked above, are supported.

Q: Will you be adding more textures in the future?
A: That is my plan.  I already have a list of additional textures I want to add to a future update.  Once a reasonable number of new items have been completed, I will update the mod.  My ongoing support for this mod will depend on how well it is received by the community.  Endorsements (up-votes) inform me that you enjoy this mod and go a long way to encouraging me to continue working on it.

Q: May I make a request for a future update?
A: Of course.  Post your request in the support thread of this mod or message me directly.  Unfortunately I can't promise to accommodate all requests, but if it is inline with my other planned textures, I will try to fit it in.  Note: I will not make textures that refer to any real-world person, organization, movement, affilitation, or group.  I prefer to keep my game in the game.

Q: What is an ESL-flagged ESP?
A: Fallout 4 is limited to 256 ESP files, which are instructional files that tell the game what resources to use, like armor, weapons, Nuka Cola flavors, and other things. Once you have installed 256 ESP files, you cannot install any more.  (Actually the original game files and all the DLC take up 7 spaces, so only 249 are really available to modders.)

An ESL file, or an ESL-flagged file in this case, is a differently formatted file that doesn't take up a slot in the 256 limit.  Not all mods can be compiled as ESL files, but fortunately this mod can.  So for those players who have a lot of mods installed, an ESL version is necessary.

Q: Why don't they make all mods ESL?
A: The details are complicated, but there are limitations that exist in ESL files that can't accommodate all mods.  This mod is a simple texture expansion, so it can be compiled as an ESL.

Q: What body preset was used for the photos?
A: My own preset La Buge Hoobies.  (link below)

If you experience any problems with this mod, please post a detailed description of the issue on the accompanying "Get Support" thread or message me (Nooky Monster) directly.

Screenshot Examples

I love big puppies. Nighttime Rendezvous Big guns and the will to use them. Powered up and turned on. Pink illumination.

Credits

- DickyFTW for his excellent mod which has greatly added to the enjoyment of the game for me.

- Everyone on LoversLab who have supported and encouraged me in my previous posts and screenshots.  You were responsible for encouraging me to put in the time to get this done. 

Thank you all.

Current Development: Update 1.3
Development for the next update has resumed but may be slow due to interruption from medical-related issues.  Below is a status of each texture type to be included...
[Completed] jackets (4), bikini (2)
[In Progress] *special addition*, bikini (3)
[Planned] New designs being produced.

If you would like to be notified when the next update is available for download, click the 'Following' button on the main mod page (not this page).  Link:  Texture Expansion for Dicky's Pinup Outfit (Main Page)

6 hours ago, Michel889 said:

Thank you for this, i always wear this outfit for combat, so more color options are great!

Glad you like it.

6 hours ago, Joaquin69 said:

Excellent mod! Can you create some more vault-tec/vault 111 themed skins for the jacket/bikini (yellow/blue)? 

Thanks.  I'll add "Vault 111" bikini and jacket to the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.1 Release Notes

First, I want to, once again, thank DickyFTW for his excellent mod and permission to publish this texture expansion. If you haven't endorsed his mod, please take the few seconds it requires to do so before downloading this update.

I also want to thank those who have supported me and my work by endorsing or commenting (positively) in the past.  You have greatly encouraged me to commit the time and effort needed to share this with the rest of the Fallout 4 gaming community.  You're the best.

My Final Thoughts
This was a grueling, but fun update for the mod.  Working with textures is such a meticulous, and sometimes frustrating, task.  If even one small detail has been missed or isn't done exactly right, there's a glaringly obvious fault in the rendered result.  Then there are the times when you think you've shaded a texture with the right colors and effects, but when you see it in game, especially in a bright light area, it just doesn't look right.  (Sigh)  Well, if the gamers enjoy the fruit of my labor, then it was worth it.

Q: Why did I change the vault-themed bikinis?
The most frequent requests I received after the initial release of the mod were to add an additional bikini for Vault 111 and to provide accompanying jackets.  Seeing the interest in more vault-related texturing, I decided to devote much of the development time for this update to vault-themed options.

I wanted the textures to be able to be mix-and-matched to provide the highest level of versatility possible.  So the previous vault bikinis had to be changed to accomplish this.  If you prefer the old style, it can still be achieved by a simple change at the armor workbench.

- Vault 88:   Vault-Tec Bikini Top + Vault 88 Bikini Bottom
- Vault 69:   Vault Hotty Bikini Top + Vault 69 Bikini Bottom

RE: Vault Jacket vs Overseer Jacket
I wanted to make jacket textures which would allow the player to accentuate their overseer's appearance of Vault 88, so I decided to make two versions of each vault jacket.  I removed (or more accurately "hid") the pauldrons (shoulder boards) and lapel stars for the plain vault jacket but retained and recolored them for the overseer jacket.  This should help bring a touch of greater realism to the vault with the overseer being visibly identifiable.

RE: Arm Patch Textures
As I continued my work on a few new arm patch textures for this update, things weren't going well.  I just wasn't satisfied with the end results.  I needed more time to try some "what-if" scenarios, but I didn't want to hold up the release of this update for something so minor as a few arm patches.  So I decided to save them for a future update.  Sorry for the unfulfilled temptation.  I'm sure you'll be able to battle on somehow.  LOL

RE: Denim Bikini
Wow.  I can't believe how difficult this turned out to be.  Getting the straps aligned perfectly took a long time, and making the actual denim material turned out to be a challenge because there are so many shades of denim.  Ultimately I chose the shade that best complemented other mods I use, but it may not be so for other players.  Maybe I can provide additional shaded textures in the future, if there's interest.  If you zoom in on the bikini you will still find flaws unfortunately.  This greatly irritates my inner perfectionist.  Oh well... as they say:  "Art is never truly finished, only abandoned."

RE: Gold Plated Bikini
I attempted to make a bikini texture appear as a series of golden plates, but my Fallout 4 texture skills simply haven't reach that level yet.  So I have to say I'm disappointed with the final result.  Nevertheless, I thought the bikini was still a nice addition to the collection, so I included it.

Thanks to You
I hope you enjoy this mod.  It's been fun overall to design, develop, and deliver.  Feedback is welcome and appreciated, positive or negative (as long as its constructive).

Now... LET'S GAME!

9 hours ago, NookyMonster said:

Working with textures is such a meticulous, and sometimes frustrating, task.  If even one small detail has been missed or isn't done exactly right, there's a glaringly obvious fault in the rendered result.  Then there are the times when you think you've shaded a texture with the right colors and effects, but when you see it in game, especially in a bright light area, it just doesn't look right.

I see what you mean and I'm sorry to hear. I'm hoping that this image is a good enough example of what I had in mind.
Watermelon_Example.jpg.91758f2ad7a3b3f4ef1d0d8eb741a5eb.jpg

9 hours ago, NookyMonster said:

Well, if the gamers enjoy the fruit of my labor, then it was worth it.

And yes, I can say personally that your work is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, NamelessCat said:

I'm hoping that this image is a good enough example of what I had in mind.

Watermelon skin.  Yeah, that should be simple enough to work up.  I'll contact you when I have something to show.

1 hour ago, NamelessCat said:

And yes, I can say personally that your work is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

In case there's anyone wondering why I included the "Ninja-Kunoichi" bikini in the release... I enjoy playing a stealth build a lot, and gear up accordingly.  Here's a sample of Piper in one version of her ninja gear as my apprentice.  She's swift, silent, and sexy.  (Click to enlarge)

Casual

377160_20210212180252_1.png.310269ad3601223f9528ee17878ed05b.png

Full Gear

Kunoichi 1

11 hours ago, dustyg said:

I love the new textures. Thanks for all your hard work.

Mind you, I'm sure its a job you enjoy :)

That's true.  I do enjoy the creative process of graphics design, but the only reason I make the effort of publishing it online like this (rather than just posting screenshots) is in the hope that others will enjoy it as well.  Thus, it's really important to get feedback, so I know the effort isn't wasted, and it helps to keep me motivated in continuing work on it.   Thanks for taking the time to comment.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:00 AM, NamelessCat said:

I see what you mean and I'm sorry to hear. I'm hoping that this image is a good enough example of what I had in mind.

Okay, NamelessCat.  Here's a screenshot of the custom watermelon texture you requested.

377160_20210221140030_1.png.61635544fb659283171bc1fc9534ee94.png

The easiest way to get this in your game is to download just the texture file (below) and replace one of the other colors you don't want to use with it.  So, for example if you didn't like the olive color texture...

1. Open the folder:  Fallout 4\Data\Textures\dickyPinup\.
2. Rename the green texture file you don't want to use to something else.  For example:  bikini_olive_color.dds -> bikini_olive_color ORIGINAL.dds
3. Copy the new bikini texture file below to the target folder and name it with the name of the original green texture:  bikini_olive_color.dds

In game, you can use the original texture at the armor workbench (e.g. Olive) to get the watermelon version.

Download

bikini_watermelon_green.dds

17 hours ago, NookyMonster said:

Okay, NamelessCat.  Here's a screenshot of the custom watermelon texture you requested.

377160_20210221140030_1.png.61635544fb659283171bc1fc9534ee94.png

The easiest way to get this in your game is to download just the texture file (below) and replace one of the other colors you don't want to use with it.  So, for example if you didn't like the olive color texture...

1. Open the folder:  Fallout 4\Data\Textures\dickyPinup\.
2. Rename the green texture file you don't want to use to something else.  For example:  bikini_olive_color.dds -> bikini_olive_color ORIGINAL.dds
3. Copy the new bikini texture file below to the target folder and name it with the name of the original green texture:  bikini_olive_color.dds

In game, you can use the original texture at the armor workbench (e.g. Olive) to get the watermelon version.

Download

bikini_watermelon_green.dds 4 MB · 0 downloads

Holy shit! Thank you for this!

• 2 weeks later...

Little help please, it does not seem to work. I tried both but nothing changes. I only get 2 pair of bikini top and i can not access armor workbench because the game just crash. 

Assuming these are just texture i even tried it manual by just dragging it into dickyPinup map also nothing. 

Yes i do use the v3 version. 

Yes i play with dickyPinup all the time

I dont want to rename all the files i want, i just want ALL these options. 

such a pain in the ass. The esp file messed up my whole damn load order (vortex) I even indexed the mods in order. 

48 minutes ago, Back2friday said:

Little help please, it does not seem to work. I tried both but nothing changes. I only get 2 pair of bikini top and i can not access armor workbench because the game just crash.

Are you using Dicky's original mod (CBBE or FusionGirl) or a body conversion variant that someone else produced?  If so, which one?
Which version of this mod are you using:  ESP or the ESL-flagged version?
How many mods are you running currently?  Vortex indicates this on the Plugins tab, at the top right, it will show "Active: ###".

40 minutes ago, NookyMonster said:

Are you using Dicky's original mod (CBBE or FusionGirl) or a body conversion variant that someone else produced?  If so, which one?
Which version of this mod are you using:  ESP or the ESL-flagged version?
How many mods are you running currently?  Vortex indicates this on the Plugins tab, at the top right, it will show "Active: ###".

Hi yes I use the original mod that you linked in description. I use version v3 with CBBE body. I am using that mod for over a year. 

I first installed the esl, but nothing. Also not separate when looking through esp explorer and also no changes in the armor workbench, it's just the same original textures.

Then I uninstalled and tried the esp. Also nothing but 2 bikini tops, separate from DPO. I had to get this through esp explorer under your name Nookymonster. When I tried to access workbench with esp, the game ctd. 

Uninstalled and tried manual install, also not working. So I decided to rename a few and replaced just to realize you did not have the whole item a different color. The attachment  is all black from the back LOLL. But it's ok thanks anyway 

10 minutes ago, Back2friday said:

I first installed the esl, but nothing.

"Nothing"... meaning you couldn't find new options in the workbench?

10 minutes ago, Back2friday said:

Also not separate when looking through esp explorer and also no changes in the armor workbench, it's just the same original textures.

"Also not separate" -- Don't understand what you're stating.

If you're not even seeing changes in the armor workbench, then something major is interfering with the mod.

5 minutes ago, Back2friday said:

So I decided to rename a few and replaced just to realize you did not have the whole item a different color.

Don't know what you're describing here.  The textures of this mod are complete.  They've been tested prior to release and have been working for thousands of users for over a month without any issue being reported.  I'll be glad to help to identify and fix whatever problem you're having, but I would need more info.

32 minutes ago, NookyMonster said:

"Nothing"... meaning you couldn't find new options in the workbench?

-Yes

"Also not separate" -- Don't understand what you're stating.

-Also not separate from DPO through esp explorer 

Don't know what you're describing here.  The textures of this mod are complete.  They've been tested prior to release and have been working for thousands of users for over a month without any issue being reported.  I'll be glad to help to identify and fix whatever problem you're having, but I would need more info.

-What I mean is the attachment are black. Unlike the original texture from DPO that covers the whole item, attachment too.

For example, the pink has black attachment. It's only pink on the front side :p. Im sorry if you're not understanding English ain't my first language.  

But dont worry about it, it was not what I was looking for anyway. Maybe if you are able to update in the future I might try again. 

Thank you for responding appreciated it.