[mod] [Mod]Demonic Blood

On 3/9/2021 at 7:09 PM, Arjik said:

I am not sure why, but the decision for selecting the future gender of the children does not work. Tested it several times, but even after picking the same option multiple times (only female children), I would get male children.

I have almost no knowledge of CK3 scripting, but could it be a scope problem or something?  Looking at the mod files, it seems like the decision only works if the real father of the child has the perk, so the female characters can't actually choose the gender.

Ohh ye I might have forgot to make it work for females. I'll take a look at it once I can.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:39 AM, Taurom said:

Is it possible to add a decision related to the "Demonic Rebirth" perk, that allows you to for example, leave your old body (dying) and take over your heir's one, 'cause so far the only way of actually die is by very bad rng during a war fight, by very bad rng having a very bad spymaster or one at all so you get murdered or by the "attempt suicide" decision that has a lot of negative effects. I'm asking for it 'cause at least in my case it seems that when you have a very old character (beyond 100 years) my game starts to present some bugs.

Interesting idea I'll think about it.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:39 AM, Taurom said:

Is it possible to add a decision related to the "Demonic Rebirth" perk, that allows you to for example, leave your old body (dying) and take over your heir's one, 'cause so far the only way of actually die is by very bad rng during a war fight, by very bad rng having a very bad spymaster or one at all so you get murdered or by the "attempt suicide" decision that has a lot of negative effects. I'm asking for it 'cause at least in my case it seems that when you have a very old character (beyond 100 years) my game starts to present some bugs.

I can send you a file in which i tweaked the suicide to make it always available and beneficial (+100 vassal opinions and +1 level of devotion, no dynastic effects)

It's only a workaround as i have no experience at modding (Tarin can attest to that lol) but so far it seems to work fine so you can switch rulers whenever you want.

What would be real cool would be a religion tenet acknowledging that you "reincarnate" in your heir that would be a great addition to the one worshiping youth and young rulers (which i think is from Carnalitas Mundi)

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, wulf_killer said:

Hello! I like this mod. but I've got problem with it, there is no icon of demonic blood lifestyle in my lifestyle screan. I don't know is it bug or just conflict with other mod or somthing else, can you help me to solve this?

Well. Nevermind. I solved it. I thought i added demonic blood trait,

• 2 weeks later...

Love the mod. I was trying to figure out how to add an increase in height with every additional lifestyle trait to represent the character's transformation (and out of my own masochistic need). Not sure I can just slip in a string under the lifestyle entries or I need to do some scripted effects. 

Edited by SoCalExile
  • 1 month later...
On 7/17/2021 at 2:35 AM, Tsuki Ouji said:

is this still being worked on? I really like the idea, and would love to see it expanded

I am not actively working on it at this point. I created this originally as a mod for personal use and decided to share it here.

In general at this point there is not realy a big thing I would want to add. If you have a good idea of what might be cool I might add it but I won't promise anything.

Also if you want to you are free to expand on it on your own/create a submod or take over entirely. Tough if you do I'd like to ask you to credit me.

On 7/18/2021 at 6:32 PM, tarin said:

I am not actively working on it at this point. I created this originally as a mod for personal use and decided to share it here.

In general at this point there is not realy a big thing I would want to add. If you have a good idea of what might be cool I might add it but I won't promise anything.

Also if you want to you are free to expand on it on your own/create a submod or take over entirely. Tough if you do I'd like to ask you to credit me.

Are you byt chance keeping it up-to-date? Or is this incompatible with the current game version?

On 7/21/2021 at 4:24 AM, Shuuu said:

Are you byt chance keeping it up-to-date? Or is this incompatible with the current game version?

As far as I am aware this mod works with the current version of the game.

• 1 month later...

Hi i found that in my new game almost all other rullers dont have their lifestyle focuses. They or just absent (blank) or have non selected position (3 arrows) - seems depend on other mods that i run.

also in error.log  spams 9r rows about "cant find focus with id ####

so if change in  dobo_focuses.txt id's from 9000, 9001, 9002 to 15/16/17 problem fixes.

after fixing = saves still be with bug.
So new game needed

• 1 month later...

Hi I play as a female and my problem is .. no one wants to marry me because I am to old. I am only 49 but allways have age conciderations malus 1000+.

How can I fix this ? What is immortality good for if I have to be alone ^^

Edited by Devonhar
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I spent a few hours poking around at this mod trying to get it to work with Royal Court. What I've found is that the 'is_demon = yes' triggers in common/lifestyles/debo_lifestyles.txt should be changed to 'has_trait = debo_demonic_blood' and the character modifiers from mods should be removed from 'common/scripted_effects/debu_health_effects.txt' (VIET ones need to be removed even if you have VIET; I'm guessing they changed some around in a recent patch or something - and the ones for Ancient Magic and Princes of Darkness don't work for me since I'm not using either mod).

With those changes the game at least loads, but I can't guarantee the mod is working correctly. I'm probably going to make a few more tweaks to it - I'm thinking of changing the way the 'rebirth' system works to happen earlier and accrue more traits than just an entire perk tree at once.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:39 PM, LangyMD said:

I spent a few hours poking around at this mod trying to get it to work with Royal Court. What I've found is that the 'is_demon = yes' triggers in common/lifestyles/debo_lifestyles.txt should be changed to 'has_trait = debo_demonic_blood' and the character modifiers from mods should be removed from 'common/scripted_effects/debu_health_effects.txt' (VIET ones need to be removed even if you have VIET; I'm guessing they changed some around in a recent patch or something - and the ones for Ancient Magic and Princes of Darkness don't work for me since I'm not using either mod).

With those changes the game at least loads, but I can't guarantee the mod is working correctly. I'm probably going to make a few more tweaks to it - I'm thinking of changing the way the 'rebirth' system works to happen earlier and accrue more traits than just an entire perk tree at once. 

Thank you.  I got as far as editing the has_trait, but I had no idea where to go from there.  I just loaded the game, which is progress, but I'm still not seeing the lifestyle trees.  Maybe I broke those when I was trying to fix it also though.

Edit:  I'm an idiot and forgot to add the trait in the character editor.  Can't confirm everything is working either, but we're at least good up to this point.

Edited by the_oblitorator
I'm dumb.
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I changed 2 lines and it started working again (scripted triggers are no longer supported in lifestyles scripts, so I just replaced is_demon with its definition). Hopefully everything else works, if not, let me know and I'll take a look at it.

I didn't notice @LangyMD's post, just think of this as a quick fix before they post their version.

demonicblood.rar

Edited by SomeNotTakenName666
On 7/11/2022 at 3:03 PM, SomeNotTakenName666 said:

I changed 2 lines and it started working again (scripted triggers are no longer supported in lifestyles scripts, so I just replaced is_demon with its definition). Hopefully everything else works, if not, let me know and I'll take a look at it.

I didn't notice @LangyMD's post, just think of this as a quick fix before they post their version.

demonicblood.rar 623.66 kB · 12 downloads

I can't get my game to load with this. Just keeps crashing after various times before the menu screen.