[mod] [Mod]Demonic Blood

[Mod]Demonic Blood

Demonic Blood

This is a small mod primarily inspired by the incubus and succubus powers that are part of Dark World and Luxuria Fantasia. Full disclaimer at the start this is primarily a personal modification I created for my own games and is now in a state where I am happy to play with it. This means that it would be best not to expect any big content updates anytime soon. If someone finds bugs I will try to fix them however it will in all likelyhood not be my first priority. In addition this mod might potentially be somewhat overpowered and caters primarily to my own tastes. I do not plan to change that. If anyone wishes to pick this up and continue development on it they are free to do so as long as I am properly credited as the original author.

The Three Hierarchies

The path to becoming a truly almighty demon is the path through the three hierarchies. Each making you more powerful than the last. In order to start your journey you must posses the Demonic Blood trait. Which can be added in the ruler designer (currently there is no possibility of getting demonic blood without the ruler designer or console commands). If you possess demonic blood you may make your way through the hierarchies and at their end stand immortality. Growing in power is hard and ardouos and it is unlikely that you will reach immortality within your lifetime. However do not worry once you reach the first layer of the second hierarchy you gain the ability to after death enter the body of your heir with all knowledge of the hierarchies you have completed entering with you. This allows you to progress beyond your first lifetime.

Abilities

The demonic arts grant access to abilities others might consider unnatural.
-Healing oneself: The ability to heal oneself is gained in the third hierarchy. While you are initially able to heal only minor wounds you will be able to heal more and more afflictions as you reach the second and first hierarchy. The ability is accessible in the decisions menu.

-Demonic Rebirth: The ability to enter your heirs body is gained with the first perk of the second hierarchy. This is an automatic process that happens two days after your death.

-Demonic Heritage: As you powers grow you are able to mend the gender of your children while in the womb of their mothers or you own womb if you are female. As such you are able to decide freely what gender your children will have. You may decide between male only, female only and mixed male and female. The decision to choose can be found in the decision menu.

-Demonic Clearsight: If you spouse sires a child that is in truth not yours you will always know who the real father was. Gaining multiple options to decide what to do.

-Bodily Perfection: Upon reaching the first Hierarchy you are able to perfect your own body making you the most beautiful, strong and intelligent person.

-Demonic Infusion: One step before immortality is the ability to infuse others with demonic knowledge and powers raising them to the highest hierarchy you have fully comprehended.

Compatability

To make some abilities work the seduce scheme has been completly overwritten as well as the might_cheat_on_partner_trigger. Mods that overwrite either the seduce scheme or this trigger will not be compatible with this mod. It would probably still work tough some perks might break.
I have tested this mod playing with carnalitas and have encountered no issues so far. However there is no integration between this mod and carnalitas.

1 hour ago, ambitions said:

This is great. I've been waiting for a immortal/god mod that works with lifestyle system. 

How does immortality work exactly?

Visually age, fertility and such is always different between immortality mods. 

Currently the last trait merely makes you immortal. I.e. you won't die of natural causes. Fertility and Visual age are unaffcted right now.

I would highly suggest tough to use Immortality (Updated and Revised) with it so you can freeze your own age and change the age of others. Tough a slight fix is needed to make it compatible. If you want to I can provide a compatability patch with it.

Maybe if I feel like it in the future I might introduce some more functionality to immortality in this mod. So basically right now becoming an immortal/god stands at the end of the lifestyle perks.

2 hours ago, tarin said:

Currently the last trait merely makes you immortal. I.e. you won't die of natural causes. Fertility and Visual age are unaffcted right now.

I would highly suggest tough to use Immortality (Updated and Revised) with it so you can freeze your own age and change the age of others. Tough a slight fix is needed to make it compatible. If you want to I can provide a compatability patch with it.

Maybe if I feel like it in the future I might introduce some more functionality to immortality in this mod. So basically right now becoming an immortal/god stands at the end of the lifestyle perks.

I just started using this mod, looks good so far. A patch for Immortality would be great.

Two questions:

1) How does Demonic Rebirth work? Do you get all the congenital traits of your heir, but retain all the non-congenital traits and lifestyle perks of your previous character?

2) Does anybody know if its compatible with the Regula Magestri mod? I can see considerable synergy between a mod that sets up a realm where all the vassals are your female concubines (and eventually their daughters), and one which allows you to choose the sex of your offspring.

On 1/14/2021 at 6:11 AM, tarin said:

-Demonic Heritage: As you powers grow you are able to mend the gender of your children while in the womb of their mothers or you own womb if you are female. As such you are able to decide freely what gender your children will have. You may decide between male only, female only and mixed male and female. The decision to choose can be found in the decision menu.

Doesn't work in my game. I use the 'Visit Chambers' mod to visit my spouse and get pregnant. Even though I set it so that I can only have female children, I still gave birth to a male character. I 'think' it works if I get pregnant without using the 'visit chambers' interaction, though I'm not certain.

20 hours ago, DouseInOil said:

Doesn't work in my game. I use the 'Visit Chambers' mod to visit my spouse and get pregnant. Even though I set it so that I can only have female children, I still gave birth to a male character. I 'think' it works if I get pregnant without using the 'visit chambers' interaction, though I'm not certain.

Hmm I didn't test it with the visit chamber interaction. It is done through an event that fires on the discovery of the pregancy and then changes the gender, so theoretically it should always work. One thing I think it doesn't stop is one twin being male but not sure wheter there is even any way to stop that. 

15 hours ago, Yomiman_123 said:

It looks like a nice mod.

But I have a problem with finding where I can decide the gender of my future children.

The is a decision in the decisions menu which once you take it will open an event where you can choose.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:39 AM, benmazalan92 said:

Does this means only player may use seduction option in More Game Rules mod will break if we use this mod?

I am not familiar with the mod but if it overwrites the seduction scheme the thing that allows you to seduce your relatives will not work.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:08 PM, helixyos said:

just a little suggestion which I think might make the mod even better.
1: increase the number of xp points between each stage
2: Make the trait upgradeable in three levels (like this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2288964104), and each level would have more ease in the demonic lifestyle (like the educational traits).

I look into how that mod works since I can't completly understand what you exactly mean. On the number of xp points I feel like due to the amount of perks and the xp required for each it already takes quite a while to even get to the first perk of the second hierarchy so I don't want to do that there. But I do want to increase maybe the amount of perks and thereby the xp required to reach the first and second hierarchy.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:46 AM, zargod said:

Two questions:

1) How does Demonic Rebirth work? Do you get all the congenital traits of your heir, but retain all the non-congenital traits and lifestyle perks of your previous character?

2) Does anybody know if its compatible with the Regula Magestri mod? I can see considerable synergy between a mod that sets up a realm where all the vassals are your female concubines (and eventually their daughters), and one which allows you to choose the sex of your offspring.

one 1) The demonic rebirth is more of a spiritual takeover than an actual rebirth. So you will not carry over any congenital traits since it is only your spirits that now chooses a new host. You will also not gain all lifestyle perks cause the process is not perfect(also because I wasn't to code it). Instead if in the previous life you were for example in the third hierarchy you will get all perks required to reach the third hierarchy and can imidiately work on getting into the second hierarchy.
2) I don't think there should be any compatability issues as long as Regula Magestri does not override any files. However I have not tested it.

5 hours ago, tarin said:

1) The demonic rebirth is more of a spiritual takeover than an actual rebirth. So you will not carry over any congenital traits since it is only your spirits that now chooses a new host. You will also not gain all lifestyle perks cause the process is not perfect(also because I wasn't to code it). Instead if in the previous life you were for example in the third hierarchy you will get all perks required to reach the third hierarchy and can imidiately work on getting into the second hierarchy.

Yeh, I discovered that last night, with my first play-through of succession with this mod. As it is, it is just the Demonic perks that (approximately) carry over, rather than anything that could be considered personality, etc of the old character. I think Demonic Inheritance or Demonic Legacy might be a more accurate title for this than Demonic Rebirth.

The fact that only full trees transfer also means that you've got to have your ruler reign, and be concentrating on Demonic lifestyle, for something like 50 years, to get the first tree, plus Demonic Rebirth from the next tree, before anything transfers -- which seems a bit extreme. You might wish to consider either (i) splitting up the trees more (if it's possible to have more than three trees), (ii) pruning off some of the less essential stuff off the trees (e.g. stuff that they can gain from other lifestyles), or (iii) reduce the xp cost per perk down from 2000.

It's possible to add more than three trees lifestyles.

I think this mod shows better what I was trying to say last time with the traits(i'm pretty bad with english so it's complicate for me to explain).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224273167&searchtext=ancient

And a second idea because why not: Create the angelic blood trait with the same type of tree but with less demonic names and the two traits could be opposed and detest each other (-100 of opinion).

Tarin could you explain how this is supposed to work? I can't seem to wrap my head around it, prehaps I'm doing something wrong?

Even when I start new game with only Demonic Blood as the mod I don't seem to see anything, like the mod is not present at all.

I did check path of mod and stuff, everything seems OK but simply I can't see the lifestyle tree or decissions.

Perhaps it works the same way it does in PotG, you need to have soem trait first to unlock specific lifestyle tree, well, I didn't find that trait either :(

1 hour ago, Arcticcz said:

Tarin could you explain how this is supposed to work? I can't seem to wrap my head around it, prehaps I'm doing something wrong?

Even when I start new game with only Demonic Blood as the mod I don't seem to see anything, like the mod is not present at all.

I did check path of mod and stuff, everything seems OK but simply I can't see the lifestyle tree or decissions.

I think this is the bit you may need:

On 1/14/2021 at 11:11 AM, tarin said:

In order to start your journey you must posses the Demonic Blood trait. Which can be added in the ruler designer (currently there is no possibility of getting demonic blood without the ruler designer or console commands).

The console command is:

add_trait debo_demonic_blood

6 hours ago, zargod said:

The fact that only full trees transfer also means that you've got to have your ruler reign, and be concentrating on Demonic lifestyle, for something like 50 years, to get the first tree, plus Demonic Rebirth from the next tree, before anything transfers -- which seems a bit extreme.

Doing out the math, a Genius character (+30% Lifestyle xp to all Lifestyles) would take 56.4 years just to get to Demonic Rebirth. Non-Genius characters would take longer. The next smartest down would take just over 61 years. No other traits currently apply any xp benefit. So, yeah, seems a little nuts.

3 hours ago, Zorlond said:

Doing out the math, a Genius character (+30% Lifestyle xp to all Lifestyles) would take 56.4 years just to get to Demonic Rebirth. Non-Genius characters would take longer. The next smartest down would take just over 61 years. No other traits currently apply any xp benefit. So, yeah, seems a little nuts.

I agree to it and at the same time against because once reached the stage of demonic rebirth the descendant will have a huge advantage so I see this as a long-term investment (we sacrifice a generation for the futur)

16 hours ago, helixyos said:

I agree to it and at the same time against because once reached the stage of demonic rebirth the descendant will have a huge advantage so I see this as a long-term investment (we sacrifice a generation for the futur)

Even if you were willing to make this investment, it still means taking the risk that your character lives to 72 (assuming genius and inherits at age 16), otherwise this "investment" will be lost. This makes it not so much an "investment" as a lottery. :/

Then thereafter, you have to either have each and every successor survive the initial 5+ years of their reign to get Demonic Rebirth back again (if even one of them doesn't, you're back where you started from), or risk a similar 50 year lottery to get the next full tree, so as to get it (and thus Rebirth) back with each generation.

A quick note, Demonic Clearsight does not appear to allow you to either publicly declare the illegitimate offspring a bastard (removing it from your dynasty), nor to have it killed without also having the mother killed as well (who you may still need, as either breeding stock, and/or to get your own child on, in order to have that child inherit her title). As such, unless you're willing to go nuclear and kill mother, father and child, the perk doesn't seem to do you much good.

@zargod

Thanks for explaining, I feel like I'm f-ing blind at times.

Also, since I got it to work now I see that when I add it to my modlist which I normally use, it uses 9K series of trait index numbers, which is same as traits for PotG mod. It does work OK but feel weird that you get demonic blood as Pure Deity.

Anyhow, I have looked around, offset traits and info in files they use to 10K series (10000-10100) and it seems to work just fine, just tested it.

So this might also help with future compatibility.

PS: Just an idea for Tarin, but maybe it would be good to use some sort of decision to become a demon in a familiar way PotG lets you become a deity. What I mean is, stuff is already done and I don't think Seamus would object to it since it would serve for another mod entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not sure why, but the decision for selecting the future gender of the children does not work. Tested it several times, but even after picking the same option multiple times (only female children), I would get male children.

I have almost no knowledge of CK3 scripting, but could it be a scope problem or something?  Looking at the mod files, it seems like the decision only works if the real father of the child has the perk, so the female characters can't actually choose the gender.

Is it possible to add a decision related to the "Demonic Rebirth" perk, that allows you to for example, leave your old body (dying) and take over your heir's one, 'cause so far the only way of actually die is by very bad rng during a war fight, by very bad rng having a very bad spymaster or one at all so you get murdered or by the "attempt suicide" decision that has a lot of negative effects. I'm asking for it 'cause at least in my case it seems that when you have a very old character (beyond 100 years) my game starts to present some bugs.