Jump to content
jfraser

College Days Sequel

College Days Sequel  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. If (if!) I were to finally get around to making the long-ago-promised sequel to College Days: Winterhold, wherein you go to Solitude and learn to become a bard, what should the name be?

    • College Days: Solitude - it fits the same name pattern and "Mage College" didn't need spelled out for people to know what was meant
      9
    • College Days: Bard's College - "Solitude" doesn't really explain what it does because Solitude is not known only for the Bard's College, so it's different than Winterhold
      14
    • Oh, right. I nearly forgot all about that mod. Did you ever even finish the first one? I seem to recall some issue where you couldn't complete the archmage questline or something.
      3
    • I don't care. I don't even know who you are or what you're talking about. Why did I even open this post, anyway?
      0

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

Long ago, I hinted at the possibility of making a series of College Days: (something). It began with College Days: Winterhold, wherein you have to actually be a competent mage to become archmage. I thought next to move to the Bard's College in Solitude, one of the least developed aspects of Skyrim.

 

I'm considering starting that project, at long last, but I need your help deciding what the best name would be. Please enter a choice, at your convenience. 

 

If you don't care, that's fine too. :)

Link to post
4 minutes ago, jfraser said:

I suppose it would actually be Bards' College since, you know, there are multiple Bards. XD

I recently struggled with that very thing when I added an event at the Bards College for Submissive Lola: The Resubmission.  I settled on Bards College without the apostrophe, because that is the in-game spelling and it's used consistently.  I decided that it means a College for Bards (rather than the possessive form, a college belonging to bards).

Link to post
6 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

If you decide to move ahead with that, you might look at Become a Bard for ideas or possible integration, since it has a lot of music for a bard character to play.

Yes, I looked at that back when this idea was first floating around. I originally dropped the idea of doing this because I saw it had already been done. But BaB actually does very different things than what I have in mind.

Link to post
1 minute ago, HexBolt8 said:

I recently struggled with that very thing when I added an event at the Bards College for Submissive Lola: The Resubmission.  I settled on Bards College without the apostrophe, because that is the in-game spelling and it's used consistently.  I decided that it means a College for Bards (rather than the possessive form, a college belonging to bards).

Maybe I'll rename it. "The College to Benefit Artistic Rhetoric, Diatribes, and Songs"

Link to post

Here I am to save the day!

 

. . .

 

Um... what am I here for, exactly? Coming up with possible names?

 

College Days 2: College Dayser

Return of the Son of College Days Part VII: The Final Confrontation

College Days: Second Semester

University Days: Solitude

College Days: The Edda

Intellect Terminated: Spring Break And Recess Dating Service (I.T.S.B.A.R.D.S.)

Bardic Lessons: Luting and Looting

"Cum, they told him:" Lesson 1 in Drums (because, you know, christmas is just past...)

Lute, Flute, and Drum: College Days 2

This One Time, At Bard Camp...

 

 

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Here I am to save the day!

 

. . .

 

Um... what am I here for, exactly? Coming up with possible names?

 

College Days 2: College Dayser

Return of the Son of College Days Part VII: The Final Confrontation

College Days: Second Semester

University Days: Solitude

College Days: The Edda

Intellect Terminated: Spring Break And Recess Dating Service (I.T.S.B.A.R.D.S.)

Bardic Lessons: Luting and Looting

"Cum, they told him:" Lesson 1 in Drums (because, you know, christmas is just past...)

Lute, Flute, and Drum: College Days 2

This One Time, At Bard Camp...

 

 

 

Not a name for the mod, a name for the Bards College. I was thinking using BARDS as an acronym which almost works except I can't think of a school sort of institution that begins with B. 

 

"The College to Benefit Artistic Rhetoric, Diatribes, and Songs" is the best I could come up with.

 

 

Link to post
28 minutes ago, jfraser said:

"The College to Benefit Artistic Rhetoric, Diatribes, and Songs" is the best I could come up with.

Bawdy Artistic Rhymes, Diatribes, and Songs?

Link to post
2 hours ago, jfraser said:

Not a name for the mod, a name for the Bards College. I was thinking using BARDS as an acronym which almost works except I can't think of a school sort of institution that begins with B. 

 

"The College to Benefit Artistic Rhetoric, Diatribes, and Songs" is the best I could come up with.

 

 

Ah. Then I'd go with "That one place where people do poems n' stuff."

 

Honestly, yours is probably the best alternative to "Bard's College" I could come up with.

 

The Beautiful Association of Rhythm, Dittys, and Songs? "Beautiful" is kinda weird, but then again the whole thing is kinda weird. Bountiful?

 

Quest names are important too. I'm very proud of "Looting and Luting" so that'd better end up as Lesson 1. :P

Link to post
13 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Ah. Then I'd go with "That one place where people do poems n' stuff."

 

Honestly, yours is probably the best alternative to "Bard's College" I could come up with.

 

The Beautiful Association of Rhythm, Dittys, and Songs? "Beautiful" is kinda weird, but then again the whole thing is kinda weird. Bountiful?

 

Quest names are important too. I'm very proud of "Looting and Luting" so that'd better end up as Lesson 1. :P

I love that one too, and the necessity to do the occasional looting will be an important lesson. How else to justify the otherwise decidedly non-bardic vanilla quests?

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...