Rimnosis - NSFW

Rimnosis: A Rimworld Hypnosis Mod
Rimworld always seemed to lack the ability to change pawn's feelings towards events or actions. So I decided to try and fix that, along with some weapons and armor that may also help.

>>NOTICE: CURRENTLY WIP<<
Aphrodisiac gas, weapons, and buildings are currently implemented. Mood boosting Statues implemented (thanks nabber for code help)

Always download the latest version, I am not going to provide support for older versions when I can barely understand how my mod works in the present.

>>REQUIRED MODS<<
Since people keep bugging me about issues relating to the mods I used to make Rimnosis, I'm just going to list them. If you don't have these, then its probably not my mod's fault.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2012627964
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2062943477
https://gitgud.io/Ed86/rjw

If you need any help, I'm very active on the RJW discord

Credits:
WolfoftheWest - XML Code and Idea
Magenta_Ivy, VFE-P Team, Gas Traps and Shells Team, and Core for various textures
a flock of birds, Nabber, VFE-P Team, and Gas Traps and Shells Team for various C# code

Geyser addon has been merged into the main mod thanks to flock of birds new code

Any comments that the download link isn't working will be ignored, I provided the direct link to the github in the description, if you can't download from LL then just get it from the source

>>GITHUB DOWNLOAD<<
To download in Github, click the link below, click the green Code button at the top right of the preview area, download Zip, put Zip in your mods folder, unzip with unzipper of choice (i use 7zip).

https://github.com/WolfoftheWest/Rimnosis

Edited by WolfoftheWest1
1 hour ago, qkskskclq7 said:

sooo... how to Instal?

all those files are supposed to be in one folder (usually they get uploaded as a .zip file)

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

create a folder called 'Rimnosis NSFW' or simply 'Rimnosis' and put all the files in there

after that just activate it in main menu -> mods

> *makes mod about mind alteration*

18 hours ago, Hawkhunter347 said:
none of the mind altering features are currently working.

I'm not sure what your mod is actually supposed to do at the moment... I will monitor this thread though ?

Also if I were you, I wouldn't mention "SFW" or the existence of a NSFW variant on the steam workshop. Each and every comment you get there will ask about the NSFW version and where to get it.

8 hours ago, nugerumon said:

I'm not sure what your mod is actually supposed to do at the moment... I will monitor this thread though ?

Also if I were you, I wouldn't mention "SFW" or the existence of a NSFW variant on the steam workshop. Each and every comment you get there will ask about the NSFW version and where to get it.

The mod enables you to change your colonists traits. While this can be done through Character Editor or Colonist Manager, hypnosis is a lore-friendly, game-playable way to change your colonist's traits. This is helpful for the times when your colonists are stuck with junk traits, or you want to add new traits immersively instead of feeling like you're cheating.

I also agree with nugerumon regarding any word about an NSFW version existing somewhere else. There's a reason why the SFW version of RJW on Steam doesn't link anywhere to the NSFW version on this forum. People will also soft-troll your steam workshop page by referring to the NSFW version on the Steam workshop even though you aren't. The policy that works best is post the link on Loverslab to the SFW version, but don't post a link or even reference the NSFW version on Steam workshop.

After the core of swapping out traits is done, consider expanding into other hypnosis-type features.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:46 AM, nugerumon said:

yeah i didn't intend on uploading it this early, i really only uploaded it because i needed help with the religion plugin and the discord for Religions of the Rim asked me to upload the SFW variant so they could test it. the SFW variant blew up and i got quite a few comments requesting the NSFW variant be published even though i kept stating that none of the mechanics were working at this stage. Also, i never linked the NSFW or Loverslab mod, i know the rules, i explicitly only referred to LL as "the darksite" and that the NSFW is available here for them to search for.

On 12/25/2020 at 11:44 AM, Dimo said:

The mod enables you to change your colonists traits. While this can be done through Character Editor or Colonist Manager, hypnosis is a lore-friendly, game-playable way to change your colonist's traits. This is helpful for the times when your colonists are stuck with junk traits, or you want to add new traits immersively instead of feeling like you're cheating.

I also agree with nugerumon regarding any word about an NSFW version existing somewhere else. There's a reason why the SFW version of RJW on Steam doesn't link anywhere to the NSFW version on this forum. People will also soft-troll your steam workshop page by referring to the NSFW version on the Steam workshop even though you aren't. The policy that works best is post the link on Loverslab to the SFW version, but don't post a link or even reference the NSFW version on Steam workshop.

After the core of swapping out traits is done, consider expanding into other hypnosis-type features.

I did plan to plugin to RJW later on to allow for prisoners or pawns being hypnotized into doing things they wouldn't normally agree to (ie allow you to enable the breed and free use buttons on the RJW UI thingy after several sessions) but i don't have large plans in the explicitly NSFW department

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So, how does it work?

How do we produce gas canisters, where are we supposed to find them, what building?

Where do we click to alter colonists traits, is it interaction based or a building?

I installed the mod, found the only research available, was able to make a pump and a tank, but that's all about it. Could we have more insights on how the mod is supposed to work?

Thank you.

Massive performance hit when Aphrodisiac Geyser is active, about 10-20% TPS loss 

(I have require mods installed and everything is fine until I spawn Aphrodisiac with its mist spewing into map, when I remove Geyser addon things become normal again)

Edit : Here's the screenshot using Dubs Performance Analyzer. Normal size map, 1 pawn, 1 Aphrodisiac geyser.633066960_Screenshot(37).thumb.png.a25c67037e5589e9368be087491329cc.png

Edited by Tangtay
Add image
On 10/25/2021 at 5:11 AM, Tangtay said:

Massive performance hit when Aphrodisiac Geyser is active, about 10-20% TPS loss 

(I have require mods installed and everything is fine until I spawn Aphrodisiac with its mist spewing into map, when I remove Geyser addon things become normal again)

Edit : Here's the screenshot using Dubs Performance Analyzer. Normal size map, 1 pawn, 1 Aphrodisiac geyser.633066960_Screenshot(37).thumb.png.a25c67037e5589e9368be087491329cc.png

Yes sorry forgot to put that warning here, geysers are a 50/50 chance to work properly and flock of birds, the guy who was doing most of the C# work, is currently away

10 hours ago, Reizen said:

Jeeze, On mine its more like there's absolutely no difference between 1x and 3x speed. 

What's the root issue of the tps loss using the gas mod?

Quite frankly i have no idea, my guess is its trying to fill an already full tile since it doesn't start lagging till a few seconds after the geysers start spewing, but its not something i can fix without flock of bird and he's gone for a bit

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I downloaded the current commit
57759b1
from GitHub. I have current versions of other mods, from their git repositories where possible.

Starting RimWorld shows me errors from Rimnosis in the log.

The first Error/red level log entry is

XML error: Could not register node named "MakeableGasShellBase" in mod wolfofthewest.rimnosis.nsfw because this name is already used in this mod.

[/CODE]

Then there are several of the sort

[CODE]

Mod wolfofthewest.rimnosis.nsfw has multiple Verse.BuildableDefs named AphrodisiacGeyser. Skipping.

[/CODE]

The log is attached.

RimnosisLog.txt