[mod] EB's Terramons Rework From BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons (Includes Optional Defeat Support!)

EB's Terramons Rework From BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons (Includes Optional Defeat Support!)

Includes Defeat Support! Terramons have been adopted and reborn! All Terramons from BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons have been revamped by a vigilante modder, a huge fan of their work.

This mod aims to provide a version of Terramons that focuses on balanced monster stat bonuses, aligned sprite animations, proper monster sexes, monster moan sfx, natural world spawning and SxB Defeat support!

*** IMPORTANT ***

This mod requires Sexbound 4.0.0 or 5.0.0. Link is below.

This mod is not compatible with the original Terramons/Terraphilia mod. When installing this mod, make sure to remove the BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons and BTF's Sexbound Terraphilia mods from your mod folder.

This mod DOES NOT require the Defeat pak (EB Terramons Rework Defeat pak). It is optional if you want Defeat features.

Teratophilia is recommended, though not required. It can be found in a link below.

There is no need for an "EB's Sexbound Terraphilia Rework" mod like you would expect from BTF's Terramons/Terraphilia. This mod combines Terramons/Terraphilia all in one.

For those with the original modpacks, Terramons are now properly assigned female genders. Terramons captured in the original version of the mod may have mixed genders and will result in minor issues. It may be necessary to have to discard old Terramons when switching to this pack.

To install this mod, drag and drop the pak file into your Starbound mods folder.

*** IMPORTANT FOR DEFEAT ***

Defeat support requires Locuturus' SxB Defeat mod. It can be found in a link below.

EB Terramons Rework Defeat works together with the EB Terramons Rework mod. They are both required if you want Defeat features.

*** balance changes ***

All Terramons are now equally viable in combat. They have been reassigned health and damage pools to mimic that of an adult poptop; the most powerful obtainable vanilla monster in the game. They all share the same base health of 180, and a base damage of 13, so everyone's favorite Terramons are now equally decent combat companions. In addition, Terramons have heightened awareness radiuses and decreased attack cooldowns, in addition to specialized resistances and elemental based status-inflicting attacks.

Big Sis strikes no unique qualities, but she remains to be an all around reliable powerhouse.

Coco Big Sis continues to find herself at home on Desert biomes, resistant to fire elements, yet she is vulnerable to the cold. Coco Big Sis now solely relies on her deep gashing claws; she no longer able to set enemies on fire.

Pumpkin Big Sis has a heart of fire that burns and illuminates the world around her. Yet she has a fragile flammable exterior that will char in an instant. She holds little resistance to fire but can stay warm in the cold of winter. 

Witch Big Sis continues to gleam with twisted arcane magic and is immune to the toxic elements. However, she attacks with lightning rather than poison, allowing her poison resistances to be more effective on toxic planets. Witch Big Sis is vulnerable to electric currents and lightening.

Our Alpataur friends continue to thrive most in the frozen Tundra, and feel faint when trekking along scorching volcanic rivers of lava.

Alpataur Huntresses are persistent warriors who find no weakness in any area. They find no vulnerability to fire nor resistence to ice, allowing them to be useful where their Alpataur sisters are not.

Capritaurs are no longer resistant to fire. Capritaurs now utilize their tridents to harness the powers of lightning and are able to defend themselves against sources of electricity. But, they will find themselves vulnerable to toxic pollution.

Mitzitaurs continue to glow with their nose so bright in the darkest of nights, all the while striking their foes down with holiday themed sugary sweets. Their attacks leave foes feeling weak and sick. Mitzitaurs are pure of heart and are vulnerable to toxic elements.

*** monster id ***

bigsis (naturally spawns in woodland themed biomes)

bigsiscoco (naturally spawns in sandy themed biomes)

bigsispumpkin (naturally spawns in woodland themed biomes)

bigsiswitch  (naturally spawns in woodland themed biomes)

alpataur (naturally spawns in snow and ice themed biomes)

alpataurhuntress (naturally spawns in snow and ice themed biomes)

capritaur (naturally spawns in ocean biomes)

mitzitaur (naturally spawns in snow and ice themed biomes)

(do mind the spelling of the alpataur variants, previously capritaur was caprituar, and mitzitaur was mitzituar)

*** KNOWN ISSUES ***

Older worlds that had spawned in previous versions of Mitzitaur and Capritaur will attempt to spawn in those previous versions. Because they no longer exist, it will result in errors. Fortunately, spawnrates are bugged in previous version so they are unlikely to occur.

However...

If one does encounter a world crash, they would need to remove the planet which caused the crash from Starbound's Storage files and can then freely explore it again. 

1478978678_MyPost.thumb.png.8b1eb927bda61c572c6babf351078c78.png

1181682682_MyPost(1).thumb.png.0e69e86270f20b77ce51e6df2177b03d.png

1032593204_MyPost(5).thumb.png.a0ce63567cf09f99ec34fd0aa06cbd01.png

1107513397_MyPost(3).thumb.png.ec6f3c6b62da924fcacd5006c012df05.png

Required Files: 

Recommended Files: 

(Just Sexbound-Teratophilia, the other is optional if you want Defeat features)

Required Files for Defeat support:

INCOMPATIBLE FILES:

(Credit to the Original Creator, give them a like to show them some love)

(Do not use this mod if you plan on using the Rework)

^ Plz do visit the Original Creator, give them a like to show them some love ^

On 12/23/2020 at 5:58 AM, C'tans and big magnets said:

so, it's basically a standalone that wont work if put in the mod folder along with the original terramons and terraphilia, correct?
or does it still need the terramons file?

Yessir. This mod is the complete Terramons mod. It does not work together with the original as it will very likely result in a repeat in filenames and cause errors. I should make that painstakingly clear in the mod page...

12 hours ago, TheGroovyTemplar said:

Since it's not compatible with Defeat at the moment, is there any plans to make it so in the future?

Absolutely. I have already made it in fact. However, the original Defeat was made for SxB 3.0, Terramons were made for SxB 4.0 (for obvious reasons). As soon as Defeat is caught up to SxB 4.0, Terramons Defeat will be released.

• 2 weeks later...

619229611_QLA33)17PCSUJTHEMOT0.png.fe121c3eb6c7a6146065802739ab9000.png

his mod list is too fucking long

and i show you what`s the bug look like

and honeycam can only take ten secend

61086996_Honeycam2021-01-1003-23-27.gif.43c5ab42982d2dfa9de7df329e6bfb8c.gif1427740174_DBYPZSH50L1CS8KHUZ__LL.png.d19bff540a28bf4ac9d4f9862341121b.png

hey,There is definitely a bug here,so i can only suggest him do not use the rework...

@Kralkatorik

I've been only playing on the original Starbound and am hesitant to initialize the entire FU mod just to try that out. But...

In general principle, Terramons (both the original, and the rework (including Defeat)) will undeniably work in Frackin Universe as long as Sexbound also works in Frackin Universe.

@plekleIple

Ahh, I see they've downloaded the new version of Defeat by Red3Dred. Good! 

I realize the new version of Defeat changes a few more things than I had expected... So I went ahead and reworked my rework (lol). It's now updated to be compatible with the new version of Defeat (SxB - Defeat Custom v2.2).

Give it whirl! I've went in and did a surface level test, it seemed to work as intended.

I've also encountered an unfortunate realization... Older worlds that had spawned in the previous versions of Mitzitaur and Capritaur will attempt to spawn in those previous versions, which no longer exist and will result in errors. Fortunately, spawnrates were bugged in the previous version so they are very unlikely to occur.

If one does encounter a world crash, all one would need to do is delete that single planet from the save files and can freely explore it again. (Apologies)

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MurHurPuppem said:

I have encountered a weird issue where they spawn in but cannot be interacted with and just despawn?

That's actually a very common issue. It happens quite frequently when monster mods are not properly loading. 

Five main culprits come to mind.

1) Multiple versions of Terramons will confuse the game and cause Terramons to stop behaving. If you have old versions of EB's Terramons or versions of BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons, it will absolutely result in the monster behavior you've described above.

2) Other mods that directly influence monster behavior (besides Sexbound of course, which is absolutely required) can also influence Terramon behavior and result in similar conflicts described above.

3) Required mods (a list can be found at the bottom of the EB Terramons page) need to be up-to-date and/or installed to allow Terramons to work smoothly.

4) Incompatible mods (a list can be found further down the EB Terramons page) are installed with Terramons and will result in a myriad of conflicts described above.

5) You've encountered a rare bug that I can't explain. But we can work together to resolve it. If you believe you've handled the mod installation properly, the next step is to identify where the issue is coming from. Send me the full list of mods you are using and the latest Starbound log that recorded the monster event happening. (Logs can be found in the storage folder in your Starbound files)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HeroEfreet said:

Unfortunatly i can't have any of them to spawn, command don't work. every mods is up to date. created a new game but it keep saying "Could not spawn Monster of type..."

It work for every other monster exept from this mod.

Do you happen to have the Log file from such attempts to send here? Would help figure out the issue.

• 2 months later...

So if I wanted to have a regular Big Sis as a pet, and I wanted her to be as strong as possible (tier 6 or above, but still within a reasonable amount), how would I go about that? Can I simply spawn in one like this: "/spawnmonster bigsis 6", or do I need to  do something else? Because they seem to still be quite weak after I capture them, and die in very few hits. Anyone understand what I mean?

1 minute ago, HappyRiolu said:

So if I wanted to have a regular Big Sis as a pet, and I wanted her to be as strong as possible (tier 6 or above, but still within a reasonable amount), how would I go about that? Can I simply spawn in one like this: "/spawnmonster bigsis 6", or do I need to  do something else? Because they seem to still be quite weak after I capture them, and die in very few hits. Anyone understand what I mean?

I should also mention that they seem to have identical stats when I check their pet stats in the inventory.

On 6/14/2021 at 5:49 PM, HappyRiolu said:

On 6/14/2021 at 5:52 PM, HappyRiolu said:

I should also mention that they seem to have identical stats when I check their pet stats in the inventory.

This mod can set the base stats of individual Terramons. It can't adjust how pets scale in the game. However, I can explain how Vanilla Starbound assigns pet stats and why they feel so weak.

Any pet you capture will have the same stats regardless of where it's captured. (i.e. a Big Sis captured on a tier 1 planet and a Big Sis captured on a tier 6 planet will have the same stats).

However, a pet's damage stat and defense stat can be improved. They will scale with the player's armor damage stat and armor defense stat.

i.e. a player can boost their pet's damage and defense by wearing high tier armor. Armor health and armor energy stats don't affect a monster's stats, neither do damage augments, defense augments, or any EPP augments. Only armor damage and armor defense affect a pet's stats.

A player wearing tier 6 armor will have an equivalent of a tier 6 pet, which will have the stats of a tier 6 monster. Thus a tier 6 Big Sis pet can survive only 1 fight with another tier 6 Big Sis monster before needing to be healed. (which is why they might feel weak)

Equipping pet collars will boost a monsters stats by a proportion. i.e. a Health III collar will boost a pet's health by 2x. (damage collars are a bit different, I forget the exact proportion but I know it is lesser than 2x). 

Collars are what effectively make your pets much stronger than tier 6 monsters. But overall, pets feel like refillable grenades and/or shields, only able to be used a limited amount before being consumed. I would imagine this mechanic exists for the sake of keeping PvP viable. (Though I've never attempted PvP in Starbound)

If you want to have a permanent pet that simply follows you around, a ghost collar exists that allows pets to be un-targetable. So this could be an option if you simply desire the aesthetics.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Edited by engorged_banana
On 6/21/2021 at 10:46 AM, engorged_banana said:

This mod can set the base stats of individual Terramons. It can't adjust how pets scale in the game. However, I can explain how Vanilla Starbound assigns pet stats and why they feel so weak.

Any pet you capture will have the same stats regardless of where it's captured. (i.e. a Big Sis captured on a tier 1 planet and a Big Sis captured on a tier 6 planet will have the same stats).

However, a pet's damage stat and defense stat can be improved. They will scale with the player's armor damage stat and armor defense stat.

i.e. a player can boost their pet's damage and defense by wearing high tier armor. Armor health and armor energy stats don't affect a monster's stats, neither do damage augments, defense augments, or any EPP augments. Only armor damage and armor defense affect a pet's stats.

A player wearing tier 6 armor will have an equivalent of a tier 6 pet, which will have the stats of a tier 6 monster. Thus a tier 6 Big Sis pet can survive only 1 fight with another tier 6 Big Sis monster before needing to be healed. (which is why they might feel weak)

Equipping pet collars will boost a monsters stats by a proportion. i.e. a Health III collar will boost a pet's health by 2x. (damage collars are a bit different, I forget the exact proportion but I know it is lesser than 2x). 

Collars are what effectively make your pets much stronger than tier 6 monsters. But overall, pets feel like refillable grenades and/or shields, only able to be used a limited amount before being consumed. I would imagine this mechanic exists for the sake of keeping PvP viable. (Though I've never attempted PvP in Starbound)

If you want to have a permanent pet that simply follows you around, a ghost collar exists that allows pets to be un-targetable. So this could be an option if you simply desire the aesthetics.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Thank you! I did some snooping around the wiki and discovered it, but your explanation made much more sense. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The .pak file is the most mod-friendly-Starbound file type. These files do not need any adjustment, and only need to be placed inside the mods folder. .zip files, on the other hand, do need to be extracted. However, if .zip files work without adjustment, and .pak files don't work, I suspect that something is automatically trying to un-zip everything in your 'mods' folder, which will destroy a .pak file because it is definitely not a .zip file.

You mention it does not seem to run the mod? I'm not 100% sure what that means.

If you mean the game does not even start up - then it's likely you are missing a required mod that is meant to be installed alongside it. If you're sure you have all the required mods listed on the mod page, then something else must be interfering with the installation. 

If you mean the content from the mod is present but does not function (i.e. you can summon the Terramons but they stand still and can't do anything)- then it's likely another mod is interfering with this one. The number 1 suspect is BlakeTheFlareon's original Terramons mod, our two versions conflict and the mod won't work with both installed at the same time.

If you mean none of the content from the mod is able to be accessed, even with cheats and summons - then it's likely something is interfering with the installation. It's possible that another mod or 3rd party program is trying to convert or extract the .pak into something different which will make it unusable.

If you mean none of the content from the mod is apparent while playing- then this is relatively normal. Terramons are procedurally generated and the game will appear more or less unchanged until a Terramon naturally generates on a newly explored planet.

If you meant none of the above, feel free to clarify and send me a game log file along with a screenshot of the mods in your 'mods' folder.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:23 PM, robots090 said:

i would really love some  help i got the files but when i just simple put them in to my starbound mod folder it does not seem to run the mod im not sure what the problem is the .zip files run fine. do i need to extrat the files with something?

• 2 weeks later...