Jupiter and Saturn

Day before last, they were close when walking the dog.Yesterday/Last night peeing it down so just saw a soggy dog. I suspect tonight, (which should be clear again), they will close but in a different position.  Best thing is to get a pair of binoculars and marvel at the blurry image of the rings of each using your imagination. (or in my case stop the dog chowing down on noxious things in the grass).

I watched some of the stream from the Wilson Observatory last night - it's still amazing to think about how the positioning disguises the fact that Saturn is twice the distance as Jupiter is from us.

(While Jupiter is twice the distance from us as Mars is, which makes Uranus twice the distance as Saturn is from us on average* - cosmic rules are interesting to say the least.)

Hopefully someone with access/authorization gets a sweet shot of both bodies once 'close' enough in a Hubble shot.