[Solved] DAR causes too many animations error... How do I fix it?

One day I woke up and was like let's see what this DAR (Dynamic Animation Replacer) thingy is about so I went and downloaded DAR and everything worked fine. Now time to download some animations, let's start with something simple.

Dynamic Sitting Idles Mixed virsion was chosen as the beta test. Lunched the game and.... the image happened. I also recived the same error for male animation. Welp... time to trouble shoot.

I ran FNIS like six more times same happened. Deleted literally every other idle or animation replacer I had... nothing.

OK... maybe this is just an annoying thing I have to deal with in the name of dynamic animations. I pressed ok and the T Pose was solved no T posing so.. it's not a FNIS error but the thing was the the dynamic sitting also didn't work. it only played the default sitting animation everytime. With and without fancy stuff.

So... Any ideas?

Solved: DAR animation limit... gues they have to make a DAR XXL virsion like FINIS or remove the hard limit For Normal use it's compeletly servicable just not for peopel with a lot of animations.

ScreenShot8.png.7421c86e59c34c2be63d7de74390fbbb.png

That is the error DAR throws when you have too many animations, and DAR ceases functioning...which is why you won't notice any dynamic animations playing. So your only options are to remove animations, (DAR, SexLab, ANimated Armoury, Animated Eating, PCEA, etc) or just not have DAR active; since there is no point, being that it doesn't work if that error dialogue pops up anyhow. (Essentially anything FNIS counts as an animations counts against DAR.)

All these new DAR mods, and you can't do shit with them; it blows. ?

So this is like FNIS with one extra option but negetive 20 other options. Great.. now I have to figure out what I uninstalled.

20 minutes ago, MonVert said:

That is the error DAR throws when you have too many animations, and DAR ceases functioning...which is why you won't notice any dynamic animations playing. So your only options are to remove animations, (DAR, SexLab, ANimated Armoury, Animated Eating, PCEA, etc) or just not have DAR active; since there is no point, being that it doesn't work if that error dialogue pops up anyhow. (Essentially anything FNIS counts as an animations counts against DAR.)

All these new DAR mods, and you can't do shit with them; it blows. ?

55 minutes ago, FallFall said:

So this is like FNIS with one extra option but negetive 20 other options. Great.. now I have to figure out what I uninstalled.

No, it's.... Basically the poor man's FNIS, sorta, technically. Normally you can only have one animation for each action, but DAR lets you dynamically pull from a pool of animations depending on their requirements. The problem is...DAR counts *all default animations and those added by mods, regardless of if it's a scripted animation DAR can't use and has no business counting* and, unlike FNIS, will jus flat out shit itself and stop working if you pass the warning threshold. FNIS/Nemesis just kinda warn you that bad shit might happen, if you go overboard. but they will still work.

So, for instance, DAR will count all animations added by Animated Armoury against itself, even though you aren't using the DAR version. IT will count all SexLab animations despite all of them being scripted, and having zilch to do with the DAR framework. It will count all PCEA animations ,despite them, essentially, not even being used at the same time. (This actually hurts a lot if you have multiple different styles you want to use from time to time)

6 hours ago, MonVert said:

Doesn't affect the DAR limitation; it is hardcoded into the dll.

Seems liek DAR needs a redesign like this. I mean the limit is ok  but I know a lot of peopel like to pack the game with animation and that's where the problem begins

37 minutes ago, FallFall said:

Seems liek DAR needs a redesign like this. I mean the limit is ok  but I know a lot of peopel like to pack the game with animation and that's where the problem begins

Unfortunately, it appears to be pretty dead in the water....like most frameworks that end up on Nexus.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, ScaleSwimer said:

How do you uninstall dynamic animations? Its kinda still active even though I uninstalled it.

At a guess, you'll probably need to do some cleaning with fallrim tools... after uninstalling it, then creating a fresh savefile to use with fallrim (so the now uninstalled mod is flagged as inactive/missing, and therefore has cleanable leftover scripts and other bits)

that is:  (uninstall the DAR animation mod)...

1. open the game
  2. open your savefile
  3. the game will now likely present  you with a modal box that says "DAR is missing, continue?" or something to that effect
  4. click ok, like normal when an uninstalled mod is encountered during game load
  5. create a new save file
  6. use fallrim on the new savefile

Not sure though. I have some DAR animations in my game, but I've never removed them to verify this will work for DAR specifically. It does work that way for many other mods that leave crud behind

2 hours ago, ScaleSwimer said:

How do you uninstall dynamic animations? Its kinda still active even though I uninstalled it.

You just need to remove it from your game. DAR is a single dll file, DynamicAnimationReplacer.dll inside SKSE/Plugins. You remove it from your game and it's done.

There are no scripts or other files lying around. All the custom animations go into a DynamicAnimationReplacer folder inside each meshes/actor/<actor name> folder. These remaining animations from other mods (DAR by itself doesn't come with any animation) won't be used in game since you removed the DAR dll. These folders and animations can be safely removed at any time. You don't need to clean your save, you don't even need to rerun FNIS as DAR uses a different way to replace animations on the fly.

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, Just Don&#x27;t said:

You just need to remove it from your game. DAR is a single dll file, DynamicAnimationReplacer.dll inside SKSE/Plugins. You remove it from your game and it's done.

There are no scripts or other files lying around. All the custom animations go into a DynamicAnimationReplacer folder inside each meshes/actor/<actor name> folder. These remaining animations from other mods (DAR by itself doesn't come with any animation) won't be used in game since you removed the DAR dll. These folders and animations can be safely removed at any time. You don't need to clean your save, you don't even need to rerun FNIS as DAR uses a different way to replace animations on the fly.

If what you say is true and DAR only pulls animations from the DAR folder then why on earth would the author bother looking at the other animations and causing us all these headaches to begin with.

1 minute ago, akspyder said:

If what you say is true and DAR only pulls animations from the DAR folder then why on earth would the author bother looking at the other animations and causing us all these headaches to begin with.

I'm only talking about how to remove DAR. You're jumping to the wrong conclusion here. The 16k anim limit of DAR is calculated taking all the animations into account (vanilla, other mods, FNIS, DAR, etc.). This is stated in the description of the mod itself.

Yes, it's a problem. Yes, we would be better without said limit. But that's something people have already requested and the author hasn't made any moves about fixing it.

1 hour ago, Just Don&#x27;t said:

I'm only talking about how to remove DAR. You're jumping to the wrong conclusion here. The 16k anim limit of DAR is calculated taking all the animations into account (vanilla, other mods, FNIS, DAR, etc.). This is stated in the description of the mod itself.

Yes, it's a problem. Yes, we would be better without said limit. But that's something people have already requested and the author hasn't made any moves about fixing it.

No I was only venting about the author choice to count all the Anims installed even though their mod doesn't any of those said anims.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed someone had made a DLL replacement that allegedly upped the limit for DAR to 32k animations, but this was posted on the Oldrim version of DAR. I attempted to use it for SE and SKSE threw up errors saying it wasn't valid. If anyone knows the reasoning behind it or better yet, can perhaps convert the DLL to work with SE, that'd be fantastic.

Link to the Oldrim Version where a link of the increased limit DLL is.

On 7/11/2021 at 3:18 PM, NikitaRGX said:

I noticed someone had made a DLL replacement that allegedly upped the limit for DAR to 32k animations, but this was posted on the Oldrim version of DAR. I attempted to use it for SE and SKSE threw up errors saying it wasn't valid. If anyone knows the reasoning behind it or better yet, can perhaps convert the DLL to work with SE, that'd be fantastic.

Link to the Oldrim Version where a link of the increased limit DLL is.

There is a 32k Version lurking on the comments on the DAR page from nexus, even if the one who made it mentioned some troubles that may appear. It works for me rn.

Edited by Urabis
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, Urabis said:

There is a 32k Version lurking on the comments on the DAR page from nexus, even if the one who made it mentioned some troubles that may appear. It works for me rn.

Haven't tried it so far, but I believe this is the 32k version to which you're referring (hopefully saving others the time to search it out).

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8506968-dynamic-animation-replacer/page-109#entry96747558

Update: Installed the 32k file as a replacement for DAR. It immediately fixed the too many animation warning and restored DAR function.

Two weird effects I infer as a result of the new file: Ran across one horse in the horse version of a T-pose. But I've seen horses with riders exhibiting normal animation behavior. Ice wraiths are stuck.

Edited by ArgyleSmith
Updating information
On 8/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, ArgyleSmith said:

Haven't tried it so far, but I believe this is the 32k version to which you're referring (hopefully saving others the time to search it out).

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8506968-dynamic-animation-replacer/page-109#entry96747558

Update: Installed the 32k file as a replacement for DAR. It immediately fixed the too many animation warning and restored DAR function.

Two weird effects I infer as a result of the new file: Ran across one horse in the horse version of a T-pose. But I've seen horses with riders exhibiting normal animation behavior. Ice wraiths are stuck.

Eh, it was on the first page of the discussion page. Not Forum. Sorry, if you've searched a bit longer. Wasnt sure if i could link the dl itself here since i didnt made it and dont like to do so.

However, yea: The creator mentioned some horse bugs i also crossed some issues regarding horse (just while riding and random) but no crashes. Still running this 32 version and the occasional horse issue is something i can take in exchange.

Edited by Urabis
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually, Vortex is telling me the dll file for this patch is no good... dunno if it's related or not, but I'm also now getting a higher frequency of load to black and black faces.. is the dll for LE or SE? that's all I can think of. I'd really love to know how to just.. go into the CK and change the relevant hardcodes limit.

• 3 months later...