On 4/24/2021 at 9:51 PM, Loki15kun said:

I have the full session log, but logging for devious mimic was not enabled.

Since the last updated I haven't been able to see this happen again. I'm sending the complete log file, but not much is different from what I posted.

Ok, then I only can tell, that the futures were missing for some reason. I only can assume that it's the same problem, for that I've uploaded the latest fix.

Maybe try updating, there should be no need for a clean save, and see if it happens again.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mister X said:

Did the latest update fix the problems for you? Or do I have to look for another potential root of the problems?

I have not experienced any noticable issues with it as of yet I don't think, I'll keep the debug going for as long as I'll stay with this current save and will inform you if I encounter any irregularities in the future, but so far it seems to have worked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 9:23 AM, kurokurokurokuro said:

I have a similar problem, I tryied to install Mimic Device and it's telling me the DD framework I use is obsolete... Despite using the 5.1. :(

Make sure your DD 5.1 Script Files are not overwritten by other mods if you use Modorganizer.

For me it was zadLibs.psc which was overwritten by an outdated Sexlab Inflation Framework Patch.

Thanks to DMC which notified me of this problem ?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SOSMarche said:

I don't know if anyone's asked about this yet, but can we get a version with a toggle for only ring/panel gags for RND players?

Well, this didn't come up yet, but I can have a look at it, once I have the time again.

• 1 month later...

@Mister X 

So there is one thing I suggest to add to the mod is you should make the mod disable by default. I start a new game today and the mod mess up everything in LAL cell. Somehow I end up with belt of shame from DCL right in the LAL cell, still have the tunic on. After few hours of debugging I finally found out the culprit, your mod, cause misbehavior when others mod are installing. I have to disable the mod, make a new save, then active it to have everything work properly. 

So that by making the mod disable by default and then when everything else is loading should player activate it is at best. Or you could make the mod active after a save/load like DD, entrus chaurus, etc... 

1 hour ago, hungvipbcsok said:

@Mister X 

So there is one thing I suggest to add to the mod is you should make the mod disable by default. I start a new game today and the mod mess up everything in LAL cell. Somehow I end up with belt of shame from DCL right in the LAL cell, still have the tunic on. After few hours of debugging I finally found out the culprit, your mod, cause misbehavior when others mod are installing. I have to disable the mod, make a new save, then active it to have everything work properly. 

So that by making the mod disable by default and then when everything else is loading should player activate it is at best. Or you could make the mod active after a save/load like DD, entrus chaurus, etc... 

Hey, as the description says, currently I hardly have any time, but maybe I can try and find the problem soon-ish. Can you provide a Papyrus log, that made you sure it was my mod?

I ask, because normally the mod already IS deactivated as long as the intro quest isn't finished (which also works with LAL)

10 hours ago, Yorik said:

Great mod !
Can you make option for better trigger chance in sleep? (for force player get naked before sleep. Forgot undress-hello miimic) 

Well, I could add a trigger for sleeping in general, though it will be separated from the "forced undress". Those are two individual events for the game engine and I have no idea how to make sure something got unequipped BECAUSE of sleep start.

I just can recognize: something gets unequipped and I can recognize sleeping, not both together.

It definitely happened this time, don't think I saw any debug messages at all from this mod, which is a bit strange in and of itself since there is usually always something from this mod whenever I load a save.

The events were quite simply:
My character was not wearing any devices,

I started up the game for the first time today and loaded the latest save.

Seconds after save loaded up my armour was unequiped, immediately afterwards my character is fully encased in a black rubber suit.

It is always the black rubber suit for some reason, and despite getting put into a hood, the blindfold effect never kicked in, bringing this up since it is a consistent phenomena whenever this has happened to me.

Anyway, attached is the Papyrus Log, hopefully it will be of use.

Papyrus.0.log

13 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

It definitely happened this time, don't think I saw any debug messages at all from this mod, which is a bit strange in and of itself since there is usually always something from this mod whenever I load a save.

The events were quite simply:
My character was not wearing any devices,

I started up the game for the first time today and loaded the latest save.

Seconds after save loaded up my armour was unequiped, immediately afterwards my character is fully encased in a black rubber suit.

It is always the black rubber suit for some reason, and despite getting put into a hood, the blindfold effect never kicked in, bringing this up since it is a consistent phenomena whenever this has happened to me.

Anyway, attached is the Papyrus Log, hopefully it will be of use.

Papyrus.0.log 240.16 kB · 0 downloads

Yep, I know what happened: you have DCUR installed and the DCUR Rubber Suit event enabled.

It's a bug that my mod tries to start a DCUR event too often, when it can't start a mimic for some reason. Basically, it's more or less the same bug @hungvipbcsok reported earlier and I will try to have a closer look at it once my exams are done (soon-ish ^^)

The difference: for the other report, the actor wasn't ready, which definitely is a problem. For your report, it "only" was the wrong armor, so technically a DCUR event could run on that actor. I will see if I can make some kind of "heat up" mechanic, so the mod can't run directly after loading into the game, but I'm not sure if there's a way to do that.

Edited by Mister X

@hungvipbcsok @Ursur1major

I've had time this afternoon, so I've tackled your problem and I think I found an easy way to fix it. Let me know if you still get the problems.

@Everyone 

Since I didn't have THAT much time I concentrated on fixing the given issue first instead of trying to add complex new mechanics.

I've added a simple one, though, to give a bit more randomness to the game ;) 

@stas2503 No need to alter script files anymore, just copy one .json file and change the strings and the name accordingly ;) 

Should be pretty self explaining, but if you still have questions, just PM me 

Edited by Mister X
mentioning translator
8 minutes ago, Mister X said:

@hungvipbcsok @Ursur1major

I've had time this afternoon, so I've tackled your problem and I think I found an easy way to fix it. Let me know if you still get the problems.

@Everyone 

Since I didn't have THAT much time I concentrated on fixing the given issue first instead of trying to add complex new mechanics.

I've added a simple one, though, to give a bit more randomness to the game ;) 

Still had the bug few hours ago. I was using PowerBing's Devious Guard to remove DD items on me and suddenly it trigger Bondage Adventure DCL quest, I was not wearing anything at that time except DD items. So I lower the DCL event chance in your mod to 0.1%  and have not encounter any issue since then. Too bad I cannot provide you a Papyrus log cuz I overwrite it with many restart the game.

2 minutes ago, hungvipbcsok said:

few hours ago

The update was a few MINUTES ago :P Just update to v2.3.0 and try if it still happens (which it shouldn't) It should be safe to update mid-game as long as you're not saving during a mimic event

Edited by Mister X

Just update to the newer version from a LAL cell save. After I use LAL 'I am a slave' choice to start the game at Whiterun's home with a full set of DD, a message box popup and said when I unequipped the cloth, it appear a mimic and turn into a white corset. However I still wearing the normal LAL slave set and there is no white corset in my inventory also. 

PS: another try and same thing appear and this time I catch you a papyrus logCapture.JPG.8456b215cd016e0ecefb5d125a9eb60a.JPG

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by hungvipbcsok
3 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

Just update to the newer version from a LAL cell save. After I use LAL 'I am a slave' choice to start the game at Whiterun's home with a full set of DD, a message box popup and said when I unequipped the cloth, it appear a mimic and turn into a white corset. However I still wearing the normal LAL slave set and there is no white corset in my inventory also. 

PS: another try and same thing appear and this time I catch you a papyrus logCapture.JPG.8456b215cd016e0ecefb5d125a9eb60a.JPG

Papyrus.0.log 1.91 MB · 0 downloads

Thx for the effort, but it seems like you forogt to enable logging for my mod ?

You have to type

set dmcDebug to 1

into Console, else it won't log anything.

The other issue is, that as soon as you leave the cell, the Start Quest is set to finished, so it recognizes that and you're a potential victim as soon as you are at the new space. It's a small issue I came across by myself, too, and I don't see any way to fix it, I'm afraid. The only thing I can suggest is, that you load back into the cell and retry that start so it doesn't trigger. Or you disable all triggers (as well as the menu blocking) and only enable them again once you're ready for it.

1 hour ago, hungvipbcsok said:

So after I tried equip/unequip gear multiple times, I got tons of message trigger mimic event (message box said xx turn into xx) but not single one of them actually turn. They remain the same all the time and no such item aappear in my inventory.

Papyrus.0.log 4.4 MB · 0 downloads

Hey, I may have found the issue, but are you sure that those were "Turned into" messages? 
Since 2.3 there's a struggle feature, so your character has a slight chance to avoid an attack, based on a choosable skill. This will end in a similar message box but with a slightly different text. Can you make sure that you got the "turned into" messages and not the "struggled against attack" messages?

10 hours ago, Mister X said:

Hey, I may have found the issue, but are you sure that those were "Turned into" messages? 
Since 2.3 there's a struggle feature, so your character has a slight chance to avoid an attack, based on a choosable skill. This will end in a similar message box but with a slightly different text. Can you make sure that you got the "turned into" messages and not the "struggled against attack" messages?

I tested it again and here is it. The text say locked in Straijacket but I have no Straijacket on me.

Capture.JPG.063ec14ebc002739a379ce123cb19e9a.JPG

Papyrus.0.log

• 3 weeks later...

New version 2.4.0 is up!

With this one comes the chance to find Protector Charms throughout chests in the world, that can protect against nasty Mimics (yes, this idea totally is stolen from DCUR ?)

There now is an experimental feature to support a follower, too!

For this to happen, you have to enable debugging though, as it's not yet meant for a normal playthrough. It will affect only one follower at a time, but this one then can get hit by Mimics on the same events and with the same chances as the player.