Beta 3

New changes

• ADDED translation for MCM menu, already includes English and German
  • ADDED event for external trigger attempt
    • mod authors who are interested find details in dmcTriggerEvents.psc
  • ADDED/CHANGED attempts to lock plugs behind a belt again
  • CHANGED gold trigger to threads for faster execution
  • FIXED potential dead scripts in safefile that waited too long for other triggers to finish
  • FIXED missing check for MagicDisallowEnchanting keyword

WARNING! For some reason a few days ago my CK decided to bug around even more than normally. Because of that I had to rebuild the plugin from ground up. As consequence, this beta probably needs a new game. I don't know if a clean save attempt can work, I didn't try. Plain updating didn't work for me.

Devious-Mimic-Clothes-LE_2.0.0-beta.3.7z

For translations into other languages I'd be thankful! Languages the game supports are CZECH, ENGLISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, ITALIAN, POLISH, RUSSIAN, SPANISH and JAPANESE.

[03/06/2021 - 04:48:10PM] [Mimic Clothes] Unequip event attempts triggeringg - Glass Armor
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:10PM] [Mimic Clothes] --- Main Trigger started - Glass Armor ---
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:10PM] [Mimic Clothes] Equip event attempts triggering - Fine Clothes
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:11PM] [Mimic Clothes] Equip event attempts triggering - Boots (Heeled)
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:11PM] [Mimic Clothes] Unequip event attempts triggeringg - Glass Boots
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:11PM] [Mimic Clothes] Equip event attempts triggering - Luxurious Seduction Stocking V3
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:23PM] [Mimic Clothes] Aborting wait for other triggers to finish
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:23PM] [Mimic Clothes] Aborting wait for other triggers to finish
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:47PM] [Mimic Clothes] Error: A catastrophic error has occurred. All threads have become unresponsive. Please debug this issue or notify the author.
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:47PM] [Mimic Clothes] Current victim arousal: 99
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:47PM] [Mimic Clothes] Calculated main trigger chance: 19.875000%
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:47PM] [Mimic Clothes] Actor invalid or chance not met!
[03/06/2021 - 04:48:53PM] [Mimic Clothes] --- Main Trigger finished ---

I keep getting these errors in my logs. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, viewcommunityrules said:

I keep getting these errors in my logs. Thoughts?

Which version of the mod do you use? And does this happen everytime or only sometimes?

Edit: So I found another smaller issue based on this. I assume you've been in your inventory the whole time?

Though the main problem is another one. It seems like at least one of the scripts, that check the current validity of actor or equippable, can't finish its job properly. So the main trigger waits way too long for a result it doesn't get.

I'm not quite sure, why this happens, as this normally happens when they run into eternal loops and this should not be able to happen in my code, but I will look at it.

1 hour ago, viewcommunityrules said:

By the way: I saw the onequip/onunequip triggers running also for devious items. It seems to me that this does not make a lot of sense.

That's totally normal: it start the trigger, then checks if actor and armor are usable. It filters out the devious device and aborts the trigger.

It's good that the mod began to work much faster, as well as increased functionality - the choice of blocked devices. But I would also like the function to return - "take off the armor / clothes, instead of falling", since some of them just fall through the textures of the same mountains, walls, etc.

14 hours ago, stas2503 said:

@Mister X Oops ... my translation is not fully posted.
There is 1 line in esp for translation, and not 2, but 4 scripts need translation.

I don't remember having any line in the esp itself o.O - If you mean the quest title: that won't be shown anywhere and can be ignored ^^

Whereas the only scripts with lines, that actually need translation (and are not for debugging) are dmcMaintenance.esp (the hints for the mod installing), dmclibs.psc (the warning for an outdated DDf) and dmcTriggerEvents.psc (the actual messages for a successful trigger)

Eveything else are just debugging messages and don't necessarily need translation, as mainly I'm the one who needs that info ^^

And for the MCM I've built in the translation text files this time, as you've already seen

14 hours ago, S.MayLeR said:

It's good that the mod began to work much faster, as well as increased functionality - the choice of blocked devices. But I would also like the function to return - "take off the armor / clothes, instead of falling", since some of them just fall through the textures of the same mountains, walls, etc.

I thought about adding simple unequipping back in. But imho it would be too boring and doesn't really fit to the action that's meant to happen: mainly it should feel as either it never was an armor in the first place or (if that's too "hardcore") at least the device should throw away the armor. But I could put it back in, if there's more demand for that.

BTW, how often does it happen, that such armor falls through the floor? It normally should spawn right before your head and then drop to the gorund.

45 minutes ago, Mister X said:

BTW, how often does it happen, that such armor falls through the floor? It normally should spawn right before your head and then drop to the gorund.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that this armor is also from the mod. And in two cases out of three, the armor simply fails. Another common case is any location from the mod (google english, damn...)

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

I don't remember having any line in the esp itself o.O

The mod has a Cell - Abandoned Prison entry. I looked through the TES 5 Edit, and it doesn't seem to do anything, however, this line needs to be translated.

Spoiler

2021-03-08_160338.png.c66a4965d285020458a22660691e5321.png

Next, the MCM script There is a line {0} gold and MessageBox. It is also displayed in the MCM and it also needs to be translated.
I agree with the other script - it's mostly debugging.

57 minutes ago, S.MayLeR said:

Perhaps this is due to the fact that this armor is also from the mod. And in two cases out of three, the armor simply fails. Another common case is any location from the mod (google english, damn...)

OK, I'm really sorry, but that Goolge translation I just can't understand ?I'm not a native English speaker myself, either. Maybe try another translator, eg DeepL

46 minutes ago, stas2503 said:

The mod has a Cell - Abandoned Prison entry. I looked through the TES 5 Edit, and it doesn't seem to do anything, however, this line needs to be translated.

Reveal hidden contents

2021-03-08_160338.png.c66a4965d285020458a22660691e5321.png

Next, the MCM script There is a line {0} gold and MessageBox. It is also displayed in the MCM and it also needs to be translated.
I agree with the other script - it's mostly debugging.

Oh, that reminded me, that I forgot to TES 5 clean v2 of my mod. OOps, that Abandoned Prison cell now is gone, as you were right, it didn't do anything ^^

Additionally, I've added the gold lines and the small message as translation lines to the text files.

BTW, as it seems like you translate mods more often: do those translation files work with every script file of the mod or only for the MCM?

3 hours ago, Mister X said:

OK, I'm really sorry, but that Goolge translation I just can't understand ?I'm not a native English speaker myself, either.

There is such a course of events - any thing (be it armor, clothing or weapons) from the mod (and maybe lore) can fall through the textures (of the same mods). ?? 
upd: Does this happen often? Yes, if it comes to things from mods.

Doesn't work?

For some reason, when the Mimic clothe activate and chnage for the piece of the mods, the body just dispare and on the inventroy its supose to be equip. I try diffirent methode to make it work but every time it fail. 

Do you have a idea with wich mod it get confuse?

I try to load the DDLE 5.1.7 after all the other DD: DD exp, DD inter. and DDa 3.0. but with no succes.

5 hours ago, Negisam said:

Doesn't work?

For some reason, when the Mimic clothe activate and chnage for the piece of the mods, the body just dispare and on the inventroy its supose to be equip. I try diffirent methode to make it work but every time it fail. 

Do you have a idea with wich mod it get confuse?

I try to load the DDLE 5.1.7 after all the other DD: DD exp, DD inter. and DDa 3.0. but with no succes.

You need a working setup of DD v5. All the others aren't needed anymore, DD v5 includes all the plugins now.

Next, you need to build the devices in BodySlide for them to show in game. If you don't know how to do that, there are many tutorials around the web, eg on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you considered using the armor itself as a DD? It would be way more immersive imo... Perhaps develop an enchantment that makes any item a DD item then apply it to the armor piece? Idk I am barely a novice when it comes to coding so perhaps what I am asking is beyond what skyrim can do... But it would be cool. To put on an armor and then to realize it wont come off easily, and it messing with your pc. Imo its the logical progression of this mod.

Oh and thank you for making this mod, the work you modders do here is admirable. I wish I had the skills to do the same. 

10 hours ago, Thomasblod047 said:

Have you considered using the armor itself as a DD? It would be way more immersive imo... Perhaps develop an enchantment that makes any item a DD item then apply it to the armor piece? Idk I am barely a novice when it comes to coding so perhaps what I am asking is beyond what skyrim can do... But it would be cool. To put on an armor and then to realize it wont come off easily, and it messing with your pc. Imo its the logical progression of this mod.

Oh and thank you for making this mod, the work you modders do here is admirable. I wish I had the skills to do the same. 

Hey,

thanks for that, even though this mod wasn't that hard for me to realize. I already knew how to code (even though not on professional level), so the main part was learning the specific quirks of Papyrus and how to glue my scripts into the game with the Creation Kit.

I also have an idea for quite a big quest/story mod, however currently I totally lack the time AND the skills to realize it. But if you want to mod yourself, just go ahead! Start with something small, that fits to your skills (for me it was coding) and if you know the basics, go bigger.

For your suggestion: it surely sounds funny, but I don't think it would be feasible. Each and evey devious device already is defined in the CK and just gets used in the game. Same goes for normal armors. So, to have a normal armor BEHAVE like a devious device, I'd have to create such armor and add the scripts for the devious behaviour to it before I manually need to spread it.

Currently, not a single armor gets spread into the game world by my mod, it only reacts to equipping of what is already there.

I can keep it in mind, but this definitely will not happen soon, if ever. Maybe it's something for major upgrade v3 or v4 ...

15 hours ago, Thomasblod047 said:

Have you considered using the armor itself as a DD? It would be way more immersive imo... 

What's the point? Some players use one or more different armors. And why? Because it is practical to have one (for example) and practical (tautology), and not constantly switch from one to the other. Also, it is worth noting that in this case, DDE and DCUR are simply not needed visually, since ordinary armor is responsible for this. It's simple.