Glad to see you are still working on this one. Would you mind adding the reverse option to "enchanted armors are safe"? I think it makes a lot of sense for inherently magical items to be deviously enchanted, and also adds some risk-reward gameplay options. ?

(Also, an option to destroy enchanted items aswell for the masochistic among us?)

15 minutes ago, Siudhne said:

Glad to see you are still working on this one. Would you mind adding the reverse option to "enchanted armors are safe"? I think it makes a lot of sense for inherently magical items to be deviously enchanted, and also adds some risk-reward gameplay options. ?

(Also, an option to destroy enchanted items aswell for the masochistic among us?)

It's already present: untick "Enchantments are safe" as well as "Drop enchanted equipment" and enchanted items will trigger mimics and generic ones will get destroyed ;) 

I don't want to exclude normal armor though, so the opposite "Unenchanted armor is safe" won't happen. That would take away too much of the thrill in my eyes.

BTW, why shouldn't I work on this anymore? The mod is only about 1 month old and my modding playground :P 

40 minutes ago, Mister X said:

It's already present: untick "Enchantments are safe" as well as "Drop enchanted equipment" and enchanted items will trigger mimics and generic ones will get destroyed ;) 

I don't want to exclude normal armor though, so the opposite "Unenchanted armor is safe" won't happen. That would take away too much of the thrill in my eyes.

BTW, why shouldn't I work on this anymore? The mod is only about 1 month old and my modding playground :P 

Must have confused it with a different mod. Glad you, um, just started working on it then! ?

Excellent, I didn't notice version 1.1. Now with enchantment destroyment, nice.

I don't see how "unenchanted armor is safe" makes the game any easier than the opposite "enchanted armor is safe" - after all, enchanted armor is generally better than unenchanted armor, with "enchanted armor is safe" I can just skip equipping unenchanted armor (or enchant them beforehand) and I never have to worry about mimics. Also, who cares if it makes the game too easy/hard for anyone as long as it's a MCM toggle. ? But ultimately it's your call to make, if you don't like it or don't think it's worth the effort for your personally, that's fair enough.

Conflict with Player Succubus Quest.

PSQ will force equip SuccubusNanka on the player.

The mod considers the SuccubusNanka item to be armor and is triggered all the time, removing the item, PSQ equips it again, and the mod triggers again, removing the item.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Found a little issue with Deviously Cursed Loot. The mod has "D.A.M.N Boxes" and "Darepacks" which are basically lootboxes that are opened by equipping them in the armor tab, giving you loot or devices. These can turn out to be mimics. The Boxes aren´t so bad but the Darepacks can already punish the player so getting punished + getting a Mimic equip is real mean ? The mod likes to use this style of opening for different kinds of Device Bundles and other stuff aswell so this can potentially trigger in quests or moments where it breaks stuff.

On 11/26/2020 at 12:03 AM, Leeeeeroy said:

[...] mimic event was with chainbeasts. [...]

On 12/1/2020 at 4:46 PM, stas2503 said:

Conflict with Player Succubus Quest. PSQ will force equip SuccubusNanka [...]

On 12/1/2020 at 4:51 PM, AkiKay said:

Found a little issue with Deviously Cursed Loot. The mod has "D.A.M.N Boxes" and "Darepacks" [...]

I've added a check for the "SexLabNoStrip" keyword (no idea how I could forget about that ?) in version 1.2, as well as a chest that effectively should disable triggers for items stored in it (available in MCM).

Could you maybe check if these methods work for your conflicts? Eg if chainbeasts still trigger, or if the DAMN boxes are safe once one got stored in the chest?

On 11/27/2020 at 11:34 PM, TrickyK said:

Can we get the option to block straightjackets and yokes? Also another nice feature would be a progressive mode like what cursed loot has so that it can't just immediately equip a wrist restraint on you.

For the progressive bondage I still have to look, currently it just uses an API function of DD framework to equip random devices out of a pool.

Though I've added a more detailed list of items to block, does it work as intended on your end?

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

I've added a check for the "SexLabNoStrip" keyword (no idea how I could forget about that ?) in version 1.2

It seems the mod is checking the SexlabNoStrip keyword on the player and in my case the mod is completely disabled. Well, I'm not destined to play with this mod... :'(

7 minutes ago, stas2503 said:

It seems the mod is checking the SexlabNoStrip keyword on the player and in my case the mod is completely disabled. Well, I'm not destined to play with this mod... :'(

Hmm, I check the piece of equipment for the keyword, not if the character wears one in general. 

Look into the changelog, I've replaced how to enable the debug messages, check if you still get the trigger messages when setting the debug flag to 1.

28 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Hmm, I check the piece of equipment for the keyword, not if the character wears one in general. 

Look into the changelog, I've replaced how to enable the debug messages, check if you still get the trigger messages when setting the debug flag to 1.

Ok, this is what the game shows.

Spoiler

2016038062_TESV2020-12-0319-10-31-78.jpg.f93127ca4f2037005010f2d40c9d3fce.jpg

In general, my mod works until the character becomes a succubus through PSQ. Further, even 100% settings do not work.

"Trigger chance was not met" simply means that: the item had the chance to trigger, but didn't do it. At that point, it already was recognized as possible mimic though.

So in the end, you just had good/bad luck, depending on whether you wanted a trigger to happen :P 

The rest I can't read ?

12 hours ago, saltshade said:

For people who didn't know, there is something similar in Monoman's Mortal Weapons and Armor, but it just equips a DD item when you equip a cursed/armor clothing. You still get to keep the item and can remove the curse by paying a priest.

Here you can keep the item, too, if you want, there's a MCM toggle for that.

Additionally, my mod does equip just normal generic devices, so no need to see a priest to get reid of them ;) 

But yeah, there are some mods that have a similar mechanic, Devious Magic or DCUR are just two examples ?

On 12/3/2020 at 5:32 AM, Mister X said:

Though I've added a more detailed list of items to block, does it work as intended on your end?

Unfortunately no, It's still equipping hobble dress and straightjackets despite them being blocked.

Side note: Only being able to block 7 items is a bit of a limitation. I think it would be nice to have a menu like Enchanted Chests has for devices.

5 hours ago, TrickyK said:

Unfortunately no, It's still equipping hobble dress and straightjackets despite them being blocked.

Side note: Only being able to block 7 items is a bit of a limitation. I think it would be nice to have a menu like Enchanted Chests has for devices.

I got the report for the SE version already, too (they share the same Papyrus code, so that's no surprise).

Did you have "Random devices" enabled? If yes, that one ignored the filter list, I think I fixed that in the dev version. My mistake ?

For SE, there was mentioned that DCUR seems to have a similar problem of ignoring several block settings. Can you confirm this? If yes, it's probably not a direct bug on my side but more a problem of the framework.

And yes, 7 devices is quite restricting, maybe I rise it up to 10. I have my reasons for restricting it, though: for one, this mod should provide thrill. If you could block all items except for "decorative" ones like cuffs or collars, it would be boring. The other one is more technical: I didn't find a more efficient way for blocking the items than iterating the list of keywords and checking for each one if it's present on the device. If yes, I have to iterate again the whole list for the next chosen device. If many keywords are blocked, that can be very time consuming. If you know a better way, let me know!

BTW, how does the menu of Enchanted Chests look like?

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

BTW, how does the menu of Enchanted Chests look like?

Like this.

Spoiler

image.png.4e50abf070f9a9a272ac00fbd6475e76.png

I think Mortal Weapons has a better one though, as it gives more options.

Spoiler

image.png.473150ec2ed32edb1d1c4fbd2f372934.png

As for cursed loot ignoring block settings, I believe that is the case but I've barely used it lately.

3 hours ago, TrickyK said:

Like this.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.4e50abf070f9a9a272ac00fbd6475e76.png

I think Mortal Weapons has a better one though, as it gives more options.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.473150ec2ed32edb1d1c4fbd2f372934.png

As for cursed loot ignoring block settings, I believe that is the case but I've barely used it lately.

If I find a way to set up such toggle settings easily by iterating a list, I'll do it. As for now I fear you have to stick with the popup lists. I won't add in the toggles amnually though, it's way easier if I just maintain a list and the settings in the MCM update automatically ;) 

But I keep that in mind, maybe if I ever come to a v2.0, I change it along the way.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:15 AM, TrickyK said:

I think I fixed it in v1.2.2, but I can't be sure. At least I didn't get any items on the block list anymore for my events, but that also could have been luck. Can you try to confirm that it works now?

@Leeeeeroy, @stas2503, @AkiKay Does the SexLabNoStrip keyword now work on your side? Are the incompatiblities fixed with that on your end?

15 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I think I fixed it in v1.2.2, but I can't be sure. At least I didn't get any items on the block list anymore for my events, but that also could have been luck. Can you try to confirm that it works now?

@Leeeeeroy, @stas2503, @AkiKay Does the SexLabNoStrip keyword now work on your side? Are the incompatiblities fixed with that on your end?

I'll check it in the evening and send the Russian translation at the same time.

2 hours ago, TrickyK said:

I tried it out and it still equipped the bb yoke and straightjacket dress. I didn't get a straightjacket or hobble dress though.

What keywords did you block during that test?

EDIT: I've tested it myself again with extended log output: I blocked several keywords for torso devices and played around with an armor piece. It refused several blocked items before it found one that worked. This then got equipped.

there's an issue with the gold mimics.  Once you're a high enough level, scaled gold received for finishing a side quest is pretty much guaranteed to be a mimic. Only way to stop this is to set the mimic chance so low that you never find one from random chest gold (which is kind of the point).  Not sure if there's a way to differentiate quest reward gold from gold found in random chests, so maybe add a condition where gold over X amount can't be a mimic.  X amount is set via a slider in the MCM

11 hours ago, kaldwin said:

there's an issue with the gold mimics.  Once you're a high enough level, scaled gold received for finishing a side quest is pretty much guaranteed to be a mimic. Only way to stop this is to set the mimic chance so low that you never find one from random chest gold (which is kind of the point).  Not sure if there's a way to differentiate quest reward gold from gold found in random chests, so maybe add a condition where gold over X amount can't be a mimic.  X amount is set via a slider in the MCM

Oh, I didn't have in mind that those rewards scale :)

Well, I first had the idea to just divide the amount by 10 until it's less than 100. The problem there would be, that 99 gold would have a much higher chance than 101 gold.

So I think I use your idea, so there is a fixed min and max amount of gold that can trigger. This way, I even could calculate the base percentage each additional coin would add ^^