Angeli's Explorer Suit and Power Armor

On 6/4/2022 at 8:53 PM, Ashtrey-24 said:

how do i install??? pls 

With a mod manager, just like (most) other mods.

On 6/4/2022 at 9:21 PM, Ashtrey-24 said:

whenever i try to modify it at a power armor station my game crashes help plsss

I'm willing to bet you're using AWKCR. Reinstall it and in its FOMOD installer menu choose to include the mod power armor fix patch.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2022 at 9:45 PM, Salias said:

I had seen some one ask earlier in the thread with the same issue I am having. But when I use scoped rifles  in 1st person I get some nasty clipping. 

I can zoom in just fine and dandy, but well as you can see in the SS its a bit hard to see anything, with the armour covering the majority of the screen.

Pistols and Heavy weapons are fine. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Did you ever find a fix for this?

How do you even install this? I'm new to modding the game so bare with me. I downloaded both files, added them to Vortex. When I open the mod list in the game itself, the .esp file isn't highlighted and won't highlight. The armor also doesn't appear in the cellar. Some important details, I got both the game and  F4SE on 1.10.138. Are there any required mods for this or is it because I'm playing on obsolete versions?

28 minutes ago, XxBoobaxX said:

How do you even install this? I'm new to modding the game so bare with me. I downloaded both files, added them to Vortex. When I open the mod list in the game itself, the .esp file isn't highlighted and won't highlight. The armor also doesn't appear in the cellar. Some important details, I got both the game and  F4SE on 1.10.138. Are there any required mods for this or is it because I'm playing on obsolete versions?

Why don't you have the current version of the game? It's hard to speculate as to whether this will work with old versions, but many mods won't. If the reason you can't upgrade is that you're using a pirated copy of Fallout 4, the odds you'll find anyone willing to help you are slim.

Assuming you haven't created other problems for yourself and you have Vortex set up correctly, you should just be able to drag the AngeliPowerArmor_EN_1.10.zip file from your downloads to the drop target at the bottom of the mods view in Vortex, then in the leftmost column switch it from Never Installed to Enabled, and click the Deploy button at the top of the window. After that, the suit should appear in the Sanctuary Hills basement/root cellar, unless you're using some mod which also alters that cell in which case you may need to uninstall it or adjust your load order to compensate for it. Also if you're using AWKCR, make sure you reinstall it and choose to include its Mod Power Armor Fix when prompted.

I think I found a fix for the armor getting in the way of the scoped rifles. Download and install NifSkope then go to your install of the mod mods\AngeliPowerArmor_EN\meshes\angeli\power armor and open PA_X1_RArm_1st.nif in NifSkope. Then under the 0 NiNode dropdown, right click and remove everything except the top 2 blocks, "1 BSConnectPoint::Children" and "2 NiNode"

I don't know much about modding but I assume this mod needs that file to exist in order to work properly. But you can also just delete PA_X1_RArm_1st.nif from the mod folder and the game seems to run fine without any crashes, at least for a few minutes. 

Edited by ActionJack
7 hours ago, sebway2k3 said:

Hi, i've been trying to remove to explorer suit from the mod so my character would be totally naked inside the armor, but i can't figure out how to do it, been playing with Outfit Studio for a while with no luck, anyone can help me with that ?

I too would be interested in this. Like you, I tried without any luck, since the mesh is incomprehensible when loaded up in OS. One thing that has occurred to me, which I haven't tried yet, is editing the material or texture files to make the rubber bodysuit part transparent and no longer glossy.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:42 PM, vaultbait said:

I too would be interested in this. Like you, I tried without any luck, since the mesh is incomprehensible when loaded up in OS. One thing that has occurred to me, which I haven't tried yet, is editing the material or texture files to make the rubber bodysuit part transparent and no longer glossy.

I don't have FO4 set up to load the mod anymore, so I can't test if this will work, but...

If you load up PAFrame_Raider.nif in NifScope 2, it looks like deleting BSSubIndexTriShape 388, 393, 398 and 403 (latex, metal, ornament and wood, respectively) should yield the desired results.

Again, I can't test this, so your mileage may vary.

So I got bored and started fiddling again. The "latex" over the body is part of the DDS. You'd have to completely retexture the body to make the pilot look nude. That's way above my pay-grade.

Edited by Yamioni
New information
16 hours ago, sebway2k3 said:

Hi, i've been trying to remove to explorer suit from the mod so my character would be totally naked inside the armor, but i can't figure out how to do it, been playing with Outfit Studio for a while with no luck, anyone can help me with that ?

You might also get this done by changing the materials and textures of the explorer suit to transparent, there have not really been any skimpy/slutty power armors I would imagine due to the technical problems of actually doing it, rather than nobody wanting to do it, there are a couple of sexy ones, but even they are pretty meh, this one is ok and I do use it,  or at least will when I get around to finalizing my mod list and actually playing 4 again.

On 8/5/2022 at 2:43 AM, Varithina said:

You might also get this done by changing the materials and textures of the explorer suit to transparent, there have not really been any skimpy/slutty power armors I would imagine due to the technical problems of actually doing it, rather than nobody wanting to do it, there are a couple of sexy ones, but even they are pretty meh, this one is ok and I do use it,  or at least will when I get around to finalizing my mod list and actually playing 4 again.

I tried but i really suck at this, i just can't figure out how to do it, if you did it yourself, could you just upload the files so i can download them ?

Edited by sebway2k3
4 hours ago, PAiiro said:

Any way to remove the latex suit and be nude inside? Also if my real body can be seen?

That is, quite literally, what the 5 posts immediately before yours are also discussing. In short, there probably is, but you'll need to figure it out and then tell us how you did it, unless you want to wait for someone else to work out a solution first.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:00 AM, sebway2k3 said:

I tried but i really suck at this, i just can't figure out how to do it, if you did it yourself, could you just upload the files so i can download them ?

Sorry about the somewhat late reply, no I have not done it myself, I know it can be done, and it is something to do with the materials/textures and possibly the meshes, but specifically how no idea. This seems to be a decent guide on how to do it, no idea if it actually works though https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6839/

7 hours ago, Varithina said:

Sorry about the somewhat late reply, no I have not done it myself, I know it can be done, and it is something to do with the materials/textures and possibly the meshes, but specifically how no idea. This seems to be a decent guide on how to do it, no idea if it actually works though https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6839/

I suppose my reply went unnoticed since I edited my post instead of replying to the thread directly; my bad.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, Yamioni said:

So I got bored and started fiddling again. The "latex" over the body is part of the DDS. You'd have to completely retexture the body to make the pilot look nude. That's way above my pay-grade.

The "body" is part of the PA mesh itself. Deleting it from the mesh won't show the standard body, it will just be invisible. The textures for the body would need to be replaced with nude ones (which are, latexbody_d.dds, latexbody_n.dds and latexbody_s.dds.) Note that the textures are also in use by other items in the mod, so you would want to create a new material pointing to the new versions, then point the material record in the nif to the new material.

The last part, creating a new material and editing the nif to use it is simple. Retexturing the body is a whole different story.

6 hours ago, Yamioni said:

I suppose my reply went unnoticed since I edited my post instead of replying to the thread directly; my bad.

The "body" is part of the PA mesh itself. Deleting it from the mesh won't show the standard body, it will just be invisible. The textures for the body would need to be replaced with nude ones (which are, latexbody_d.dds, latexbody_n.dds and latexbody_s.dds.) Note that the textures are also in use by other items in the mod, so you would want to create a new material pointing to the new versions, then point the material record in the nif to the new material.

The last part, creating a new material and editing the nif to use it is simple. Retexturing the body is a whole different story.

Hmm, maybe replace the latexbody with the normal nude body textures renamed?

5 hours ago, Varithina said:

Hmm, maybe replace the latexbody with the normal nude body textures renamed?

Pull bodylatex_D.dds up next to femalebody_d.dds from a CBBE or FG body and you'll see the layouts are, unfortunately, nothing alike.

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Pull bodylatex_D.dds up next to femalebody_d.dds from a CBBE or FG body and you'll see the layouts are, unfortunately, nothing alike.

Correct. This was the first thing I tried, since it only took about two minutes to set up.

Actually quite annoying, since I have the CBBE / BodySlide version someone posted here. One would have thought that they'd have used the original body to do the replacement, but it looks like that's not the case.

Makes me wonder if that's not an easy way forward, however...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pampam109 said:

I'msorryto borther, but I think I'm too stupid to install this. I dragged the contents in my data folder of fallout 4, and I have F4SE installed. It still does'nt see mto work. Can Anyone help me?

If you're new to modding, you're definitely not in a position to consider manually installing files into your data folder. Use a mod manager; there are plenty to choose from, but MO2 and Vortex are the most commonly chosen options these days. In addition to installing the files from this mod, you need to add its plugin to your plugins.txt. A mod manager will take care of all of this for you, though.

Many mods (though not this one), use the FOMOD format with an interactive menu your mod manager will present to you in order to determine which files should go into what places. Just dragging their contents into your data folder will pollute your installation, and leaving you trying to remember exactly which files you dropped where so you can clean them up again.

54 minutes ago, DilJennix said:

I've installed the mod on Mod organizer 2 along with Unique PA frames and it still doesn't spawn, nor can i craft the frame. what am i doing wrong?

Do you have any other mods that alter the root cellar?

11 minutes ago, DilJennix said:

none at all.

In that case, something may be preventing the plugin from loading. Make sure that AngeliPowerarmor.esp is enabled, and run help angeli 4 in the game console to see if any of the items added by it are found.