• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 1:57 AM, the3rdArc said:

how hard was it to make the function of letting npcs carry slaves? I always wanted to see if I can basically treat npcs as mounts or turn them into one for a Riekling playthough or for Riekling npcs. I think the idea was feasible but didn't know how to make it work.

It's not very hard in principle. You can add an NPC to a ReferenceAlias, add the Mount tag through that alias, and after that the game recognizes that NPC as a horse. The problem is that NPCs don't have a "mount point" for a rider. You can make them mount but it requires some serious trickery of the game engine, and it isn't 100% reliable, especially after zoning. It works reasonably well with player riding an NPC, but having 2 NPCs carry each other less so.

I can post some code when I get home.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:09 AM, Harllaown said:

For my part I have a problem with the cart, the slave that I put inside ends up being under my feet after a few seconds/minute of transport.

That can happen when you cross a cell boundary, but they are supposed to get back in after a short while (a few seconds). Do you have any other issues with script lag or performance?

On 3/13/2021 at 8:44 PM, Musje said:

That can happen when you cross a cell boundary, but they are supposed to get back in after a short while (a few seconds). Do you have any other issues with script lag or performance?

not at all the mod in the whole works correctly but indeed as long as the cart is not filled by 5 NPCs and well certain passes under the cart I am obliged to descend and to go up again to reinitialize this position and in spite of that after some second it returns under the cart

On 3/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, Musje said:

It's not very hard in principle. You can add an NPC to a ReferenceAlias, add the Mount tag through that alias, and after that the game recognizes that NPC as a horse. The problem is that NPCs don't have a "mount point" for a rider. You can make them mount but it requires some serious trickery of the game engine, and it isn't 100% reliable, especially after zoning. It works reasonably well with player riding an NPC, but having 2 NPCs carry each other less so.

I can post some code when I get home.

So it's possible to put a slave pulling the cart instead of the horse?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, xXmaxiXx said:

Hey, so, super dumb question but: Where can I find the restless hunter/Pardo? If been looking everywhere and can't find him?

Near Ivarstead, it should be on the map as a little black hut icon, you can't fast travel there right away but you should be able to see it on the map and walk over.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, JayRoz said:

Cart mod finally here :)  Saw you talking about it before I had to quit game for a while so I could move irl. 
Anyways i'm already stuck at square 1. There is no "
Get in the cart, you" dialogue option for me. I placed 4 slaves all around the cart, Waiting, not waiting, non combat slaves, yeah all kinds and I don't see that option. Am I missing something obvious? 

You have bought the cart?  

8 hours ago, donkeywho said:

You have bought the cart?  

Yes. The problem fixed itself when I saved and restarted the game so it's all perfect now. :)  Well except for the "Enslave/Activate" prompts when you sometimes press E to exit the cart. No idea why it does that. Guessing it's trying to enslave the horsie? Lol saving and reloading fixes it though. 

• 3 months later...

Found a fix for the pack horses in the SE version. Here's how to fix:

1. Download LE version of this mod.
  2. In the 'scripts' folder of the LE mod, copy 'prkf_pahscpackhorsefunc_06004a6d.pex' to the 'scripts' folder of the SE mod.

That's it. It looks like the psc file (source file) for the 'prkf_pahscpackhorsefunc_06004a6d' script was placed instead of the pex file (compiled file) in the SSE version of the mod.

Edited by fatrapper
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 2:21 AM, fatrapper said:

Found a fix for the pack horses in the SE version. Here's how to fix:

1. Download LE version of this mod.
  2. In the 'scripts' folder of the LE mod, copy 'prkf_pahscpackhorsefunc_06004a6d.pex' to the 'scripts' folder of the SE mod.

That's it. It looks like the psc file (source file) for the 'prkf_pahscpackhorsefunc_06004a6d' script was placed instead of the pex file (compiled file) in the SSE version of the mod.

Thankyou that fixed it, now back to faking up the NPC's ;)

• 1 month later...

Others have mentioned it before and I've noticed it myself. The modded followers Sofia and Mirai come with horses that are effectively T-posed and it's definitely due to one of the Paradise Halls mods and I think since someone else mentioned it specifically this one. It would be nice if there was a solution.

• 1 month later...

Great mod, just what was needed for my play through. One issue, after I go to mount the slave cart it will not stabilize - camera view constantly shakes. I’ve left it for up to 5 minutes but it will not stabilize. Anyone have this issue? I’m playing on valve index VR. . Not sure if the mod is just incompatible with VR

Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Anime Player said:

Wo ist der Wagen, ich finde in nicht kann einer mir bitte helfen, bitte mit ein Foto?

Where is the car, I can't find it, can someone please help me with a photo?

It should be outside The Restless Hunter at Ivarstead

Leave the 'Hunter' building, turn left, down the steps, and turn right.  The cart should be sitting on the incline that leads up to the main Helgen to Riften road

or

Go to Ivarstead.  Go up the main street, pass the Vilemyr Inn on your right, carry on over the bridge and follow the road until you get to the junction with the main Helgen to Riften road.  Go straight accross the main road, and down the grassy hill towards the Restless Hunter.  The cart should be right in front of you

2 tips

1 - Make sure you don't get eaten by bears while travelling

2 - Pay the Restless Hunter owner for the cart before you try using it, as you need to own it.  He'll also give you a Summining Horn which you should see in tyhe miscellaneous section of your inventory.  To help you find that, sort by weight.  It weighs about 5 units.  If you have it, click on that and that should summon the cart to wherever you are.  Outdoor locations, obviously.  You don't want a mad horse crashing its way through Breezehome

Driving tips. 

Do:

Use your view control, wheel on mouse etc, to set your view about 8 or 9 feet above, and jkust behind the driver.  'Edge' the movement keys and take your time.  Don't 'cut corners'.  You'll find that it will run just great on most roads, reasonably well on 'rough terrain, and go round the hairpin bends between Riverwood and Whiterun without any problems

Don't:

Pretend that you're racing in the Epsom Derby, nor that you can climb the Matterhorn ?

Hope that helps

DQW

4 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

Es sollte außerhalb von The Restless Hunter in Ivarstead sein

Verlassen Sie das "Hunter"-Gebäude, biegen Sie links ab, die Stufen hinunter und biegen Sie rechts ab. Der Wagen sollte auf der Steigung sitzen, die zur Hauptstraße von Helgen nach Riften führt

oder

Gehen Sie nach Ivarstead. Gehen Sie die Hauptstraße hinauf, passieren Sie das Vilemyr Inn auf der rechten Seite, fahren Sie weiter über die Brücke und folgen Sie der Straße, bis Sie zur Kreuzung mit der Hauptstraße von Helgen nach Riften gelangen. Fahren Sie geradeaus über die Hauptstraße und den grasbewachsenen Hügel hinunter in Richtung des Restless Hunter. Der Warenkorb sollte direkt vor Ihnen sein

2 Tipps

1 – Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie auf Reisen nicht von Bären gefressen werden

2 - Bezahlen Sie den Besitzer des Restless Hunter für den Wagen, bevor Sie versuchen, ihn zu benutzen, da Sie ihn besitzen müssen. Er wird dir auch ein Summining-Horn geben, das du im Abschnitt "Verschiedenes" deines Inventars sehen solltest. Um Ihnen zu helfen, das zu finden, sortieren Sie nach Gewicht. Es wiegt etwa 5 Einheiten. Wenn Sie es haben, klicken Sie darauf und das sollte den Warenkorb dorthin rufen, wo immer Sie sind. Outdoor-Standorte, offensichtlich. Sie möchten nicht, dass ein verrücktes Pferd seinen Weg durch Breezehome schlägt

Fahrtipps.

Tun:

Verwenden Sie Ihre Ansichtssteuerung, das Rad auf der Maus usw., um Ihre Ansicht etwa 8 oder 9 Fuß höher einzustellen, und jkust hinter dem Fahrer. 'Kante' die Bewegungstasten und nimm dir Zeit. Schneiden Sie keine "Ecken ab". Sie werden feststellen, dass es auf den meisten Straßen einfach großartig läuft, auf unwegsamem Gelände einigermaßen gut läuft und die Haarnadelkurven zwischen Riverwood und Whiterun ohne Probleme umrundet

Tue nicht:

Tu so, als würdest du im Epsom Derby fahren, noch dass du das Matterhorn besteigen kannst ?

Hoffe, das hilft

DQW

Den

Den Wagen habe ich nur der Verkäufer ist nicht da

I have the car only the seller is not there

Edited by Anime Player
7 hours ago, Anime Player said:

Den

If HSH was working Ok before you installed the Cart - it was, wasn't it? - I've not much idea really

Other than reinstalling the HSH mod perhaps?

If you are using the SE version of SlaveCart, there is also a necessary script fix mentioned further up this page, which you will probably need to carry out anyway

The attached file contains what you need, in a format that you can just install straight into MO2

You could try that too, just in case it makes a difference

Otherwise, I'm not sure what will help

PAH Slave Cart - Add correct script.zip

7 hours ago, Anime Player said:

Den

If HSH was working Ok before you installed the Cart - it was, wasn't it? - I've not much idea really

Other than reinstalling the HSH mod perhaps?

If you are using the SE version of SlaveCart, there is also a necessary script fix mentioned further up this page, which you will probably need to carry out anyway

The attached file contains what you need, in a format that you can just install straight into MO2

You could try that too, just in case it makes a difference

Otherwise, I'm not sure what will help