I haven't actually tried the mod yet because I'm in Morrowind these days, but I love the idea or concept of this mod.

Just a couple of random ideas I had while thinking about it:

1 - have a follower be able to drive the cart for you while you're (the PC) on horseback.  Maybe either through dialogue or by some sort of mechanic like used with Convenient Horses where followers will automatically mount if the player does

2 - have a trained slave be able to drive the cart and follow the player, and the ability to designate one of them to do it in the same way that you appoint one or more as a taskmistress

I don't know if either of those ideas is even possible, let alone how to do it.  Just figured I'd throw it out there as food for thought.

Anyway, thanks @Musje for the mod

7 hours ago, Musje said:

You need to get the latest version of HSH (1.25).  To check the conditions in that mod, open it in CK, open the phhshhunter quest, and check the dialogues (I think it's in a dialogue view called something Guards). 

You were absolutely right. I dont know how I missed the HSH update. Thank you!

On 11/1/2020 at 4:02 PM, aulton1968 said:

I am still not getting the dialogue to buy the cart. I just installed the latest version. Checked the box for quest line optional. Got all the keys. Tried saving and reloading a couple times. Cart is outside, says the wheel is still chained. Pado mentions the cart when asked how to keep slaves secure. I can not ask if the cart is for sale. Perhaps there is a console command I can use? I tried opening the slave cart mod in the creation kit but I cant figure out where to check to see if the zap 9 requirement is still there. 

I have this same issue, using LE, I downloaded PAH_HomeSweetHome_1.25.7z but on install it identifies as version 1.24, I continued with the install but I can't buy the cart?

3 hours ago, Skarab said:

I have this same issue, using LE, I downloaded PAH_HomeSweetHome_1.25.7z but on install it identifies as version 1.24, I continued with the install but I can't buy the cart?

When I downloaded and installed the latest version of HSH it fixed the issue for me. I made questline optional. I askes Pado if I could keep slaves at the restless hunter so he gave me the keys. Then the purchase cart option appeared.

@Musje

Few notes and observations after having played around with the mod.

Happily it mostly seems to work pretty well.  Of the few glitches that I ran into, like slaves suddenly "trick riding" they seemed to self correct within a few minutes particularly if the horse and slave were out of the player view.

Havok lives up to its name with the slave cart, it likes to play havok with it.  But here again even when the cart tipped over on its side or otherwise behaved badly it seemed to correct itself very quickly.  I don't know that there's anything you can do about it, its more of an issue with the Havok physics not handling the cart well.  (I may have to add a mod project to my overburdened to do list to rebuild the roads in Skyrim ?)

Its also probably too late to do anything about this but I did notice that the slave cart is too tall to pass through many gate openings in walls.  For example the wall openings in Riverwood, the cart cannot fit under them without colliding.  It does clip though but this in turn causes Havok to go nuts and the cart bounces around violently and often ends up on its side briefly.  (I did make a note of it for myself, for future locations I build outdoors I'll leave gateways tall enough it can pass)

Using EFF, a follower would often end up in the back of the cart and riding along.  I don't view this as a bad thing, but probably was not something you intended so just noting it.

Having the option to have a follower ride shotgun on the cart (and possibly use a bow while riding) would be nice.  Not sure if you could manage the bow part, and I won't even ask for spell casting (I'm still waiting for a mod that lets me cast spells from horseback that looks and works well).

I found the pack horse fairly useful and a nice addition but noticed a few things about it.

• Sometimes if I go in a building with the horse loaded, when I come back out the horse does the "flying horse" thing and in one case I ended up losing the horse and the slaves entirely (couldn't teleport them to me or anything and had to reload, but that has only happened once and seems like a rare occurance).
  • While ordering two slaves onto a horse I was attacked by a dragon which shouted.  This prevented the slaves from loading onto the horse and after I killed the dragon I found that neither the two slaves or the horse would respond and nothing I tried would "reset" them so I could give them commands.  Not sure if there's anything you can do about that.  So players should be aware, be careful loading the horse with slaves if you are being attacked.
  • Sometimes when unloading a pack horse one of the slaves would end up high up and fall, however this never seemed to kill them so not a major issue.
  • You cannot hobble the horse if it is loaded with slaves, it would be nice if you could (especially if I need to go in a building without unloading the slaves).
  • However you have the activator set up for giving the Unload command seems to small, I often had to stand very close to the horse to get the command to show.
  • It would be nice if we could use a "whistle" to call the horse like in Convenient Horses.
  • A command to tell a follower to take the pack horses somewhere would be handy, perhaps if we had set up a permanent camp / cage somewhere the follower could be told to take the horses and slaves there, upon arrival they'd unload the slaves into the camp / cage and guard them until you arrive.
  • Some gear for the horse, like a horse blanket, some straps and bindings, maybe some "saddle bags" to make it look more like a pack horse would be nice if it can be managed.

EDIT:  Forgot one.  If a slave is restrained there is still the dialog option to tell them to get on the horse.  However, they cannot and in the process they become unresponsive which so far seems to require a reload to fix.  Should probably add a condition on that dialog option so that if the slave is currently restrained they can't be ordered on the horse.

That's about it, overall the mod worked very well for me and is a fun addition to your HSH mods. ?

10 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

@Musje

• A command to tell a follower to take the pack horses somewhere would be handy, perhaps if we had set up a permanent camp / cage somewhere the follower could be told to take the horses and slaves there, upon arrival they'd unload the slaves into the camp / cage and guard them until you arrive.

If at all possible, something like this, 'Yes, please!'

So I did some serious game play with this mod for almost 8 hours today and found a few bugs.

-The player cannot discover new locations while on the cart I have to dismount to discover them.

-The cart does damage to anything near it killing wolves riding down the roads, but if you take drive it around town the npcs get mad and the bounty on your head starts to grow. I rode the cart from the The Restless Hunter all the way to Windhelm stables and manage to rack up a bounty over 1000g I have no idea how.

-If you hit a random encounter along the road (Like a Bandit trying to rob you or a frost spider) and ride past them when ever you dismount the game will teleport you away from the cart and back to the encounter this happened to me about 3 times.

Other that those bugs this mod is pretty stable my game has not crashed once in over 20 hours with it installed.

11 hours ago, rennex said:

So I did some serious game play with this mod for almost 8 hours today and found a few bugs.

-The player cannot discover new locations while on the cart I have to dismount to discover them.

-The cart does damage to anything near it killing wolves riding down the roads, but if you take drive it around town the npcs get mad and the bounty on your head starts to grow. I rode the cart from the The Restless Hunter all the way to Windhelm stables and manage to rack up a bounty over 1000g I have no idea how.

-If you hit a random encounter along the road (Like a Bandit trying to rob you or a frost spider) and ride past them when ever you dismount the game will teleport you away from the cart and back to the encounter this happened to me about 3 times.

Other that those bugs this mod is pretty stable my game has not crashed once in over 20 hours with it installed.

I've had similar experiences with running over NPCs.

So far I've run down:

• 4 rabbits
  • 47 foxes
  • 17 wolves
  • 3 bears
  • 6 sabrecats
  • 11 pedestrians (including 4 bandits, and 1 guard and 2 assassins)

Haven't tried a dragon yet... ?

Yes I hate foxes in the game... too many of em.

Also noticed this when loading 5 slaves into the wagon the placement of the 5th slave seems bugged.

Spoiler

539415170_enb2020_11_0509_15_31_36.jpg.d309452402b4b2a7739382d30041af77.jpg

It doesn't seem to hurt the slave, she survived the ride from Heljarchen Hall to Markarth without injury like that.  I tried re-running FNIS but that did not fix it so next I tried redownloading and reinstalling ZAP 8+ and running FNIS, still didn't fix it.  Last I tried redownloading Slave Cart and reinstalling and then FNIS, still didn't fix it.  Not sure if anyone else is seeing that same issue.

Granted I don't mind the idea of a slave in between my characters legs but I'd rather she was kneeling bound on the floorboard facing my character if she's gonna ride there. ?

I took came across the flying loaded horse issue. I stepped out of Euphoria Palace to see one of the 2 pack horses rise into orbit. never saw the horse or slaves again and they vanished from PAHE list also, I am assuming they all died. 

What is the limit on packhorses, I mean I had 2 as 2 different stables allowed me to buy one, is the top limit 2 ?

EDIT:- also is it possible to get the "Summon Cart" object as a spell, or shout as right now you cannot Favourite the item so have to delve into Inventory to use it each time, please?

27 minutes ago, kohlteth said:

I took came across the flying loaded horse issue. I stepped out of Euphoria Palace to see one of the 2 pack horses rise into orbit. never saw the horse or slaves again and they vanished from PAHE list also, I am assuming they all died. 

What is the limit on packhorses, I mean I had 2 as 2 different stables allowed me to buy one, is the top limit 2 ?

You can have 3.

Does the flying horse also happen with only 1 slave loaded? I think it's something to do with having 2 slaves, I had a similar issue with Ride Sharing, but I dont remember how I fixed it.

1 hour ago, Musje said:

You can have 3.

Does the flying horse also happen with only 1 slave loaded? I think it's something to do with having 2 slaves, I had a similar issue with Ride Sharing, but I dont remember how I fixed it.

Now my 2 packhorses have vanished, and 2 slaves, they show in PAHE but when i try to TP them or I try to find pack horses they are nowhere to be found, I had 2 pack horses, I tried to buy a 3rd from stable in windhelm afterwards and get "Unable to buy packhorse, slots are full this should not happen" and no packhorses anywhere.

Advice at all? any way to call the horses back from wherever they may be please?

UPDATE I got one horse back, I tried again to TP one of the missing slaves and the horse came with them, horse 2 is MIA though. 

There is a bug when you get killed on the cart. The game return from the last savegame(obviously) but you can't move.  Your character get stuck. 

It's funny and I love the mod! but would be great if you can add something for fast travel for the cart. Idk like a spell or something(I know its not easy I only propose).

Thank you for taking your time doing this! love the mod! :) 

18 hours ago, Musje said:

I had time to do a lil bit of testing but the results weren't conclusive.

I loaded one slave on a pack horse and then went into a building, waited a few seconds and then went back outside.  20 out of 20 times the horse was still standing there with the slave sitting upright (as if riding normally).

I loaded two slaves on the same pack horse and then went into a building, waited a few seconds and then went back outside.  Again, 20 out of 20 times the horse was still standing there, and the flying horse glitch never triggered.  However, again the *front* slave was sitting upright as if riding normally each time.  The 2nd slave in the *rear* position was often, but not always, was "trick" riding.  By that I mean the 2nd slave was in the lay over pose, but their position was to the right of the front slave, and the 2nd slave was also upside down.

From that, my guess is maybe something about that glitching 2nd slave rider is what sometimes triggers the flying horse problem... maybe... but that's just an educated guess.

6 hours ago, urbon said:

Hi again. Sorry but anyone know if there is a mod for teletransportation without limits? for the cart.

There is an object that will teleport the cart to you.  You can get it with the AddItem Menu mod, or search for pahsc in the console.  The object is called pahsc Summon Cart or some such.

44 minutes ago, Musje said:

There is an object that will teleport the cart to you.  You can get it with the AddItem Menu mod, or search for pahsc in the console.  The object is called pahsc Summon Cart or some such.

OMG thankkkkkkkkkkkk u so much ❤️ I appreciate your work! 

Hi Musje, thanks for the mod, i did try it and in my end i can say that the pack dialogue requires to save and re-load the save or it will no show the dialogue, for the cart i updated my HSH mod since it was using an old version of HSH and the cart buy option showed up but after getting outside and jump on it the horse was not attached to the cart even after waiting a bit, i moved foward but only the horse was going not the cart, i teleported away and got back to the cart and this time the horse was attached and the cart worked but after dismounting and unload it and load it back the horse got again not attached to the cart and the cart also flip on a side since the road was going downhill the only way to fix it was to teleport away from the location and get back to it, i hope there gonna be an update to make the horse always attached to the cart.

2): I have a horse from another mod and i don't know why that specific horse lost his animation behavior, if i ride it im not able to move on it, hes stuck in his place even after teleporting to another location, he stay still with no idle and stuck in some sort of T pose but with the tailt full erect, the same stuck pose was played to the cart horse after he got finally attached to it, what file could make another added horse behave like that and lose all his funtionality?

3) Could be possible to have a carry slot on the back of our riding horse? i like the pack horse idea but would be cool to also have a back spot on the main horse.

4): Last thing about the HSH mod, i was running an old version of it where the shop from pardo was not showing up, i notice that after trying to buy the cart because i toggle the optional quest on and i was unable to get the shop dialogue, fun thing after updating the mod for the cart dialogue i still don't have the shop dialogue avaible, what do you suggest to do for fix it? i get the cart dialogue but still not the shop dialogue even after getting all the keys.

Thank you for reading and hope you will find some time to help.

I made a screen of the horse that got bugged until i removed the Cart mod and also a screen of the only thing in common in the esp of the horse mod and your cart mod, I play on Skyrim LE maybe it can help?

Spoiler

Immagine.png20201108170113_1.jpg

Been waiting for this mod for awhile so thanks.

I am having issues with the pack horses. They won't stop following me, even when I hobble them and I cannot unload the slaves. I have not had any issues with the cart yet. The options show up they just don't seem to do anything. I am using the SE version, 

1 hour ago, credent said:

Been waiting for this mod for awhile so thanks.

I am having issues with the pack horses. They won't stop following me, even when I hobble them and I cannot unload the slaves. I have not had any issues with the cart yet. The options show up they just don't seem to do anything. I am using the SE version, 

I feel your pain, I am on SE and Hobble does not work for me either, also the pack horses seem to have an aggressive race to guards too, my guards at WhiteRun Valkryia and other places like Underground Bathhouse area attack them on sight, which wouldn't be bad, but they wont stop following me. 

I just finished the Vampire questline and gained Castle Volkihar Redux as player home, and the pack horses keep spawning inside, right in front of doors, having to TCL through them. 

3 hours ago, SunsetGlow said:

Hi Musje, thanks for the mod, i did try it and in my end i can say that the pack dialogue requires to save and re-load the save or it will no show the dialogue, for the cart i updated my HSH mod since it was using an old version of HSH and the cart buy option showed up but after getting outside and jump on it the horse was not attached to the cart even after waiting a bit, i moved foward but only the horse was going not the cart, i teleported away and got back to the cart and this time the horse was attached and the cart worked but after dismounting and unload it and load it back the horse got again not attached to the cart and the cart also flip on a side since the road was going downhill the only way to fix it was to teleport away from the location and get back to it, i hope there gonna be an update to make the horse always attached to the cart.

2): I have a horse from another mod and i don't know why that specific horse lost his animation behavior, if i ride it im not able to move on it, hes stuck in his place even after teleporting to another location, he stay still with no idle and stuck in some sort of T pose but with the tailt full erect, the same stuck pose was played to the cart horse after he got finally attached to it, what file could make another added horse behave like that and lose all his funtionality?

3) Could be possible to have a carry slot on the back of our riding horse? i like the pack horse idea but would be cool to also have a back spot on the main horse.

4): Last thing about the HSH mod, i was running an old version of it where the shop from pardo was not showing up, i notice that after trying to buy the cart because i toggle the optional quest on and i was unable to get the shop dialogue, fun thing after updating the mod for the cart dialogue i still don't have the shop dialogue avaible, what do you suggest to do for fix it? i get the cart dialogue but still not the shop dialogue even after getting all the keys.

Thank you for reading and hope you will find some time to help.

I made a screen of the horse that got bugged until i removed the Cart mod and also a screen of the only thing in common in the esp of the horse mod and your cart mod, I play on Skyrim LE maybe it can help?

Reveal hidden contents

Immagine.png20201108170113_1.jpg

This is going to sound really dumb question, as I see you use TES5Edit and all the good stuff, but the T Pose thing, you have run FNIS after installing the upgraded version, right?

On a good note, the SE vers I am using does not seem to have any issue with the 5th slave on the cart, 1 sits facing rear, 2 either side, 1 bound wrists above head, one looking out bar window, other 2 sit pretty. 

And it is funny as hell that I can send my companions to the cart if they do something stupid on our travels :) 

Love the mod myself, just a few lil itches that are, work-aroundable. Thanks Musje!!