PAH Slave Cart

View File

This mod adds a slave cart and slave pack horses.

The slave cart can be bought from Pardo at the Restless Hunter. You'll find the cart outside at a little distance from the Hunter. It can carry up to 5 slaves safely (they won't escape while in the cart)

• To get a slave into the cart, tell them "Get in the cart, you"
  • To get them out, click the cart and select the slave to remove
  • To ride the cart, click it and select Mount.

You can steer the cart yourself. After mounting, give it 5 seconds or so to stabilize.

The pack horses can be bought at any stables. They can carry 2 slaves at a time.

• To get a slave on the horse, tell them "Get on that horse"
  • Click the horse to remove the slaves

The horse will follow you, but you can hobble it to make it stay, or leave it at a stable (after removing any slaves from it)

Run FNIS after installing

This is all very much in beta! It's a combination of stuff from a few private mods and a pre-build of ZAP9. It shouldn't break your game, but store your last good save somewhere.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/30/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    PAHE, Home Sweet Home,
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Gave it a quick test, LE version.

I had to install, wait a couple minutes, save, quit and reload for the dialogs to appear, so anyone not seeing dialogs at the stables to buy a pack horse, do that.  Sometimes it takes reloading before the game recognizes the SEQ file.

Once I had the dialogs I bought a pack horse at a stables (tried at Whiterun, Riften and Windhelm, they all were able to sell me a pack horse).

Pack horse followed me to Heljarchen Hall, went part way on foot and then fast traveled, both worked fine.

At Heljarchen I loaded up two slaves on the horse after hobbling it.  That also worked fine and the horse auto started following me once the slaves were loaded.

I hiked up to Whiterun, halfway there something happened.  I didn't see what, but I hear a braying sound from the horse and when I looked back the slaves were "trick riding"  However after a few minutes this corrected itself and they were again slung over the horse as they should be.

Spoiler

643267650_enb2020_10_3015_17_48_18.jpg.4b067031d338a86ab170df673ce059c5.jpg

Got to Whiterun stables and unloaded the slaves, checked the slaves and they were behaving normally.

So... pack horse works.  There may be minor glitches from time to time but it seems to self correct if you just let the horse keep following you for a few minutes.

Will try the cart in a bit.

Well at least the mod is loading, then :)

The wonkiness is similar to the glitch that happens sometimes with Ride Sharing when you cross a grid border with a follower mounted behind you (this uses the same mechanism as Ride Sharing). Haven't been able to fix that.

Figured, but the good news is it self corrected fairly quickly.

Also, HSH MCM shows Slave Cart as OK.  So that's working as well.

Got a bit of time left so I'll go see if I can test out this cart and see how that works.

Quick test of the cart ended quickly.  I got to the Restless Hunter with three slaves in tow.  First problem was the WI encounter spawn outside, a Spriggan and a bear that were chasing your horse all over hell and creation.  I'd suggest disabling that spawn marker.  So went inside and talked to Pardo, he had no dialog about selling me the cart.  I went outside, horse still missing, tried to Use the Cart and got a notification that one wheel was chained and locked.  I tried telling my slaves to get in the cart, they had the dialog option but nothing happened.

I have not done the quest line, could that be why Pardo doesn't have the dialog to sell?

I'm also out of time so I'll pick this up tomorrow.

38 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Figured, but the good news is it self corrected fairly quickly.

Also, HSH MCM shows Slave Cart as OK.  So that's working as well.

Got a bit of time left so I'll go see if I can test out this cart and see how that works.

Quick test of the cart ended quickly.  I got to the Restless Hunter with three slaves in tow.  First problem was the WI encounter spawn outside, a Spriggan and a bear that were chasing your horse all over hell and creation.  I'd suggest disabling that spawn marker.  So went inside and talked to Pardo, he had no dialog about selling me the cart.  I went outside, horse still missing, tried to Use the Cart and got a notification that one wheel was chained and locked.  I tried telling my slaves to get in the cart, they had the dialog option but nothing happened.

I have not done the quest line, could that be why Pardo doesn't have the dialog to sell?

I'm also out of time so I'll pick this up tomorrow.

1.24 SSE, PAH , Aygas and HSH and Slave cart, no option to but cart either. Sadly. 

Nothing in his to buy list either. 

13 minutes ago, kohlteth said:

1.24 SSE, PAH , Aygas and HSH and Slave cart, no option to but cart either. Sadly. 

You might have to go into the HSH MCM menu to make it recognize the mod. Did you complete the quests for HSH or enabled cheat mode?

1 minute ago, Musje said:

You might have to go into the HSH MCM menu to make it recognize the mod. Did you complete the quests for HSH or enabled cheat mode?

Cheat mode, and it shows it sees Slave Cart in the dependancies list but no dialogue or purchase option available just normal stuff he sells., 

Just now, kohlteth said:

Cheat mode, and it shows it sees Slave Cart in the dependancies list but no dialogue or purchase option available just normal stuff he sells., 

Try saving the game and then loading it, sometimes it has some trouble with new dialogue

9 hours ago, kohlteth said:

Likewise, except I'm 1.24 LE.

I currently have the Questline Optional enabled.

MCM recognizes Slave Cart and lists it as OK

Pardo has all his other dialogs, vendor dialog, etc.   Stables have the dialog to sell Pack horses, which does work.

EDIT:  Took a look at the mod in CK and TES Edit.

CK does not show any dialog topics for Pardo within the mod.  However, when I look in TES Edit I did find two relevant dialog topics for Pardo about buying the cart.  They are:

PHHSHHunterPardoBuyCartTopicDUPLICATE001 "Is that cart out there for sale?" [DIAL:060C1448]

PHHSHHunterPardoBuyCartTopicDUPLICATE002 "Is that cart out there for sale?" [DIAL:0600FCB8]

Neither of these seems functional and are orphans with no parent branch or quest according to TES Edit  (BNAM and QNAM are both blank on each of those).

SlaveCart does not require HSH as a master, and if I'm understanding what you're trying to do (give Pardo dialog) wouldn't HSH have to be a required master?

6 hours ago, jfraser said:

i love this. i would love something like it for the player to get transported to simple slavery XD But it's a really nice touch.

This may not be relevant but SL Chainbeasts has an ability to transport you to SS either in a walking cage or on back of a chain spider or crawl in chains. 

If interested,  its different and links to PAH when you capture someone yourself. 

Talking of pack horses I think I broke mine, Solitude stables had no option to purchase so I tried whiterun and somehow got 2, told 2 to get on horse but they didn't now no slave has the dialogue to get on one and none on a horse to kick off them . 

4 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

SlaveCart does not require HSH as a master, and if I'm understanding what you're trying to do (give Pardo dialog) wouldn't HSH have to be a required master?

Can't have an ESP as master. Maybe fiddle the load order?

Yes you can.  Select the esp in Wrye Bash and then select Add Master, add any esp as a master.  However you have to be careful in CK after that because if you save the mod in CK it strips it back out as a master and you have to add it back.  OR, you can make a duplicate of the esp you want to use as a master, esmify that in Wrye Bash and then work in CK and save all you like.  Before playing swap back to your normal esp and the game is none the wiser.  Either method works, but both require you to remember some important fiddly steps or bad things happen.  It'll work fine long as nobody tries to edit your esp in CK after they download it (unless they follow the same steps).  Edits in TES Edit won't strip the added esp as a master... its only CK that's a pain in the arse about that (because... Bethesda, I guess that's MircoBethesda now).  The only actual difference between as esp and an esm is an internal flag, which is what Wrye Bash changes, otherwise they're functionally the same (but once that flag is set it gets moved way up in your load order like any esm, regardless of the file extension).

I currently have SlaveCart.esp after HSH in my load order:

paradise_halls_SLExstenion.esp

PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp

PAH_AndYouGetASlave.esp

PAHSlaveCart.esp

37 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Yes you can.  Select the esp in Wrye Bash and then select Add Master, add any esp as a master.  However you have to be careful in CK after that because if you save the mod in CK it strips it back out as a master and you have to add it back.

That's why I never bothered with that stuff, way too finicky and error prone.

In any case, the dialogue is in HSH rather than Slave Cart. Conditions are: you either need to have completed the Noble Desires quest, or you must be in posession of the upstairs key to the Hunter (given to you when you complete that quest or when you enable cheat mode AND talk to Pardo about keeping your slaves there).

There is a dialog with buying a horse, and it works with slaves. But there is no dialogue with Pardo about buying a cart. MSM HSH is enable "Questline is optional". The game is completed and there is no desire to start a new game, is it possible to fix this dependency ?

6 minutes ago, gender65 said:

There is a dialog with buying a horse, and it works with slaves. But there is no dialogue with Pardo about buying a cart. MSM HSH is enable "Questline is optional". The game is completed and there is no desire to start a new game, is it possible to fix this dependency ?

Did you ask Pardo if you could keep your slaves there? It's a dialog option after setting the questline optional.

1 hour ago, Musje said:

That's why I never bothered with that stuff, way too finicky and error prone.

In any case, the dialogue is in HSH rather than Slave Cart. Conditions are: you either need to have completed the Noble Desires quest, or you must be in posession of the upstairs key to the Hunter (given to you when you complete that quest or when you enable cheat mode AND talk to Pardo about keeping your slaves there).

I do have the key and can unlock (and have unlocked) the door upstairs.   I've gone through all Pardo's dialog options.  I'm still not getting the dialog.

I found the dialog topic in HSH and checked the conditions on it.  I'm not sure if I can check what quest variables are from console.  But just looking at the conditions:

SlaveCartBought_var   This should be 0 since I just loaded the mod.

HasSlaveCart_var   Not sure what this is, its required to be == to 1?  (guessing this is checking to see if SlaveCart.esp is installed and OK, if so HSH MCM says it is)

Zaz8Version_var >= 2.00  I'm assuming I pass this since MCM says Zaz 8 is OK and I have Zaz 8 plus installed (for a long time now)

I have the key, but had not done Noble Desires.  So... assuming the option to buy in cheat mode works then my guess is something is wonky with one of those first to variables but  I don't know how to check that in game with console.  I can store slaves downstairs and even did so just to see if doing that would trigger the dialog.  Didn't work (that is, I could store the slave at the Inn, she went downstairs into a cell and is no longer under PAHE management... but it did not trigger any slave cart purchase dialog with Pardo).   As a last resort I did setstage PAHONobleDesires 50 and then talked to Pardo again, still no dialog.  Left the inn, went back in, tried talking to him again and still no dialog.

Meanwhile, since I don't know anything else to try, I'm going to reload, turn cheat mode off and do the quest and see if that triggers anything.  But given the above my guess is that one of those first two quest variables is off since by process of elimination it seems like all the other conditions are okay.

23 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

SlaveCartBought_var   This should be 0 since I just loaded the mod.

HasSlaveCart_var   Not sure what this is, its required to be == to 1?  (guessing this is checking to see if SlaveCart.esp is installed and OK, if so HSH MCM says it is)

Zaz8Version_var >= 2.00  I'm assuming I pass this since MCM says Zaz 8 is OK and I have Zaz 8 plus installed (for a long time now)

That's it... I thought I removed that condition. Zaz8Version >= 2 means Zap9, since this mod was originally supposed to work with Zap9

I'll issue a patch for HSH to fix. In mthe mean time you can remove it yourself in CK or TesVedit

Hehe... I just figured that out too.  I got the notion to try removing conditions one at a time.  When I removed that one, the dialog appeared, I could buy the cart, the girls got in, I hopped in the drivers seat and we went for one more wild midnight ride!  LOL   At one point it was nearly on its side as we went down the road and the girls in the back hanging on for dear life.  LOL   The way I drive, you need to add sound effects of them screaming. :joy:

Spoiler

55529720_enb2020_10_3108_54_20_94.jpg.7a9eb7ecb9f1d6a0808cd7d92f5fb0c6.jpg

But it does work!  ?