Is it safe to selectively delete animations that come with SexLab Framework and those that are added through SLAL?

There are so many animations that come with the base SL Framework that I don't use and I'm looking to decrease the number of animations I have. Is it safe to delete these animations and leave behind only the few that I like? 

Can the same be done with animations added through SLAL? Could this cause any bugs or stability issues? 

I've experimented with SLAL by deleting folders and JSON files on a new save and it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong. But I'm not sure if this will be safe in the long run. 

2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Doing this will break the behavior file, meaning everyone will t-pose. If you want to do it safely, you would need to remove the specific entries you want to delete from Sexlab´s FNIS_List and regenerate the sexlab_behavior by using FNIS for Modders (the Blue one).

I did delete the entries and use Nemesis. Don't get any T-poses in game. But that was for SLAL animations, there's usually a text document that I can edit to delete things. Don't know about the SexLab Framework, though...

So, the only possible issue that could arise from this is broken behavior files which could lead to t-poses? So as long as I manage to get the animations working in-game without any t-poses, there won't be any other issues?

Nemesis seems to be a bit more forgiving than Finis when it comes to missing/incompatible animations, so maybe thats the reason its working for you.

But to answer you Question: No, there shouldnt be issues.

Animations or a lack thereof cant cause issues with savegames or game instability (at least not that i know of)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, LockedAccountAndWastedTime said:

There are so many animations that come with the base SL Framework that I don't use and I'm looking to decrease the number of animations I have. Is it safe to delete these animations and leave behind only the few that I like? 

Can the same be done with animations added through SLAL? Could this cause any bugs or stability issues? 

I've experimented with SLAL by deleting folders and JSON files on a new save and it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong. But I'm not sure if this will be safe in the long run. 

I did this myself in the early times before I figured out how to correctly modify SLAL packs.

You can savely do this:

- open FNIS.txt file located in the meshes folder (the same folder where the .hkx files are). 
- delete the animations you dont want

- rerun FNIS

- ignore the Warnings
- play

This is only working for SLAL anims however. Sexlab is a bit different and I would suggest using my mod instead.
Deleting the hkx files is not necessary. 
it MIGHT be necessary to delete the entry for the anims in the JSON file tho or they might still show up in Sexlab, just without, you know, animating :) (making the Characters just T-Pose during animation).  (I dont remember that part correctly) 
Since editing JSONs is VERY prone to errors I suggest you learn to edit SLAL packs yourself by editing the source files, running Phython and FNIS for modders. 

If you rerun FNIS you will not have T-poses, just FNIS warnings. In hundreds of hours of gameplay I never had any bug related to this method.