Needing ideas/advices for my mod (Follower Sub Trainer) !

Hey guys. Seeing the available mods, it seems a lot of us are quite into playing domed by our followers. But what about taking turn and being the dom for once ?

That's the mod I'm working on, kinda like a reversed version of the excellent Submissive Lola. I "Proof of Concepted" a lot of it in CK but before starting it, I want to lock down the design, so your help is more than welcome.

Main concept:

The mod will allow you to enter a domination relation with one of your followers (or possibly spouse). It will be a consenting relation, of course with these kind of games, without some resistance there is no fun. For multiple subs and/or non-consenting, there already is the excellent Paradise Hall and add-ons, my project is a more in-depth, privilegde relation.

Design focuses:

I feel like mods like this should be thought as real video games experiences, with a gameplay and a progression. You should not have access to all options from the get go, but gain them.

Inspired by the existing mods, I started designing some complex engine with a tons of stats and calculus, but I realized that when you engage in this kind of "gameplay", how to put it... you don't necessarly are at your peak cognitive capacities and may be "distracted". It can be hard to focus on a too complexe gameplay, learning mechanics.

Plus, growing options can cluter the dialog options and making navigation difficult. As a, lets say experienced, LoversLab mods user, one of my main focus will be to keep the dialog depth chain at a maximum of 3 (1. Access mod options 2. Select a base action or subset 3. Select a subset action). In the same idea I don't want to have to many options to circle through at each level. I feel a maximum of 5/6 is where it's at.

I also want to put a lot of work in the dialogues writing, I feel it really makes a difference.

How it would work:

• Your sub have a starting Training of 0
  • From the start you can engage in some basic actions which would slowly raise the Training score (striping, kneeling, spanking...).
  • Advanced / Specialized interactions are unlocked by specific items that can be bought / crafted (ie a dog collar for pet play, bondage kit, pony suit, etc...). Think of each item as a "key" that open a subset of options. Each of these subsets has a Training requirement, and if your sub training isn't enough, he/she will simply refuse to engage in it.

Things I'm not sure about :

• Having a "sex training" option tree, ranging from public masturbation to gangbanging strangers. I'm not sure it's really necessary since there already are a lot of mods handling followers intercourses.
  • Having more than one stat (Painslut, Sex training, Self degradation) as actions acceptance conditions, I feel it can be more trouble than benefits, as much for me than for the player.
  • Having a "breaking" system, in which if you push your sub too much in his/her limits, he/she snaps but I'm not sure what the gameplay implications would be.
  • How to handle technically the follower dismissal. There may be an event to listen too, I haven't looked into it yet.
  • How it would play with AFT and such.

Projected features:

• Possibility to switch the player dialog lines tone between two modes : harsh/alluring. May drop that if too much work.
  • The sub will have different answers depending on the training (3 levels, maybe more)
  • No need to call your sub Lola !

What I won't do:

Follower prostitution (TDF already does it pretty well).

Projected Dependencies:

- Sexlab
- Sexlab Aroused Redux
- ZaZ anim pack
- (Most likely) Devious Devices, because if the mod is heavy it makes it so easy to manipulate devices.

Do you guys think the idea interesting ? Also all ideas and advice welcome.

PS : Sorry for the ESL

Here is the first idea.
Create a development in the perks, which can progress only and exclusively with skill points (a bit the concept of the vampire that has a specific development apart from all the other perks) done among other things explained when we go to Karlov Manor and we agree to become vampires. 

Perhaps the idea of the unlockable item could lead the player to obtain the item for the sake of having it, thus effectively losing the purpose of its creation.

You could also add something to the Speechcraft perk. Since he works on social relationships, it takes a good deal of persuasion to get someone to submit.

14 minutes ago, Lestat1627 said:

Create a development in the perks, which can progress only and exclusively with skill points (a bit the concept of the vampire that has a specific development apart from all the other perks) done among other things explained when we go to Karlov Manor and we agree to become vampires.

You mean you'd be winning "skill points" that you could spend to unlock features/actions ? I actually like this. I could see it blend with the item idea.

Perhaps the idea of the unlockable item could lead the player to obtain the item for the sake of having it, thus effectively losing the purpose of its creation.

Not sure I get what you said here. The idea behind "items as keys" is to make a dialog option appear only if you have the right item (you got to have a pony suit to enable pony play). It allows to unclutter the dialog options (not every one is into pony play for instance) and add a gameplay goal, where you as a player have to collect and/or craft to access the fun. It's not my goal at first, but some of them could be obtained via miniquests.

You could also add something to the Speechcraft perk. Since he works on social relationships, it takes a good deal of persuasion to get someone to submit.

I agree that makes sense on a "realistic" point, but i don't want to force the player to farm Speechcraft if it doesn't coincide with his/her RP. The way I see it, it's kind of a "passive" progression. Features unlock if you happen to have the good stat. I prefer a more "active" one, hence the items idea. The idea of the mod is that the follower is genuily interested in submissive play, not coerced into it.

I also want to put a lot of work in the dialogues writing, I feel it really makes a difference.

Their are a lot of mods to do stuff to followers but having tried a lot/most of them their are very few mods that actually have a follower react to what your doing, the closest ones i can think of are are SLEN...

Spoiler

Where followers will approach you if they get to horny or the LE mod Devious Device - More Devious Quest v 0.905

Spoiler

Where followers got some dialogue if you made them walk around in DD stuff

Other than those you can do pretty much anything to a follower anywhere and their is no real reaction so dialogue that gives you some sense they enjoy/are ashamed of what your doing to them would be great, so yeah dialogue is gonna be key

Yes having them reacting is going to be a huge part. Having the NPCs react would be great too. But I'm kinda affraid of script overload.

In what you quoted I was talking about the way dialogues are written. In a first time I'll concentrate on "normal" dialogues during the "playtime", trying to have your follower starting hesitant and progressively embrassing his/her love of being submited.

12 hours ago, IronSlug said:

Speechcraft if it doesn't coincide with his/her RP.

It was an indicative choice. You could create one with options of choice, not editable. For clarity, if you decide to be a slave, you will need to find a dominant and inverse. 

It goes without saying that according to the chosen path, the various situations are unlocked (such as the pony game you mentioned).

Thanks for you ideas and advices.

I've started working on the mod, just laying things down and made the starting dialog. But rn I have to make maybe the biggest decision and I have a hard time deciding. Should I made possible to have multiple subs ? I feel like Paradise Hall already manage it pretty well and that it could complex things quite a bit, and my starting idea was to build an "in-depth" master/willing sub relationship. But I also realize that if I take the single sub way, any change of idea would cause massive changes to be needed... What do you guys think ?

Multiple subs sound great. What about training multiple subs after a certain level of domtraining like perksystem. you have gotten x confidence into subtraining. Do you wish to train more subs (less devotion(more time) into one of the subs) at the same time or increase the devotion into one sub only at a time.

Perhaps also making them after a certain point into lifelong sub(sex)slaves

pet collar has something that i would at to your sub training mod like punishing your pet/sub or giving it a possibility to masturbation or using them as release for patrons or other followers. What i also liked was the possibility to stimulate/torture sasha the dollmakers daughter. Something like that would be great

• 1 month later...