Invisible Force Effects for Star Wars: Jedi Academy

A file from my Minor FX Rework mod with some additions. This makes most force power effects invisible. This also includes a pk3 that mutes the Force Protect, Force Absorb, Force Drain, Force Rage, Force Heal, and Mind Trick sounds.

Finally figured out how to hide the Force Rage effect. All I needed to do was make 2 textures blank. Doing this also affected Force Lightning, so I made an alternate pk3 that lets Force Lightning use substitute textures to still be seen. The static on a lightning victim's body still stays hidden though, since it uses the same textures as Force Rage and seems to be hardcoded and lacking any efx file to edit, but I hope that's not a big deal.

What this mod basically does:

• Hides force protect and absorb shields
  • Hides force rage shield
  • Hides force drain's red lightning projectile
  • Hides force grip's red bubble around victim's neck
  • Hides force marks on characters that get force pushed/pulled
  • Hides force heal's purple cloud
  • Removes mind trick's blue sparks and blue cloud
  • Removes saber fizz and boil effects in water

Details about the pk3 files:

zzzzzzzzForceEffectsInvisible.pk3            - Hides the Force Absorption, Force Protection, Force Rage, Force Drain, Force Push marks, Force Grip, Mind Trick, Force Heal, and Force Lightning effects.
zzzzzzzzForceEffectsInvisibleExceptLightning.pk3    - Same as above, except it makes Force Lightning still visible.
zzzzzzzzForceEffectsInvisible2NoFizz.pk3        - Completely removes and mutes the fizz and boil effect that sabers make while under the rain and underwater.
zzzzzzzzForceMuteSounds.pk3                - Optional. Mutes the looping sounds and activation sounds of Force Protect, Absorb, Drain, Rage, Heal, Mind Trick, and Force Lightning.
zzzzzzzzForceMuteSoundsExceptLightning.pk3        - Same as above, except Force Lightning isn't muted.

-CREDITS-
Raven Software for the files used for the effect edits.

-HOW TO INSTALL-
 Extract the zip file, then put the pk3 file(s) you need into your base folder: "Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy/Gamedata/base"

-LICENSE-
Others are free to share, modify, and/or put this in their mods, and should give credit while they're at it.
======================================================================
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/03/2020
  • Category
  • Requires

• 5 months later...
On 3/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, jfraser said:

You are my hero for making JKA mods. You're making me want to play again. 

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that. The Jedi Academy modding community is still very much alive and making new mods... Not NSFW mods though. They're still against those kinds of mods, so that's just me doing those for now. But do give JKhub a visit if you want to see what they've been making.