From the AAF wiki for new positiondata format. How do I adjust animationOffset for each actor in each position? As shown it effects all of the positions. How do I adjust actor 1 offsets  for example in "YOUR POSITION 4" to be "0,50,0,0" and keep all the others at "0,70,0,0" ?

<positionData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">
    <defaults startEquipmentSet="unEquip" stopEquipmentSet="reEquip" startMorphSet="ready" stopMorphSet="unReady" walkOffset="0,50,180"/>

<animationOffset actor="1" offset="0,70,0,0"/>
    <animationOffset actor="2" offset="0,0,0,0"/>

<position id="YOUR POSITION 1" animation="your_animation_1" tags="pose" startBanner="yourCustomBanner"/>
    <position id="YOUR POSITION 2" animation="your_animation_2" tags="pose"/>
    <position id="YOUR POSITION 3" animation="your_animation_3" tags="pose"/>
    <position id="YOUR POSITION 4" animation="your_animation_4"/>
    <position id="YOUR POSITION 5" location="Bed" animation="your_animation_5"/>
    <position id="YOUR POSITION 6" animation="your_animation_6"/>

<position id="YOUR POSITION 7" animation="your_animation_7" parent="YOUR POSITION 6"/>

<position id="YOUR SUPER POSITION 1" animationGroup="your_animationGroup_1"/>

<position id="YOUR SUPER POSITION TREE" positionTree="your_positionTree_1"/>
</positionData>

Second question. In scenesetting structure there is this as one of the parameters

megaScene (DEFAULT: None) A String that is the id of a megaScene to be applied.

What is a megaScene? I can't find any info on it at all.

10 hours ago, murf said:

From the AAF wiki for new positiondata format. How do I adjust animationOffset for each actor in each position? As shown it effects all of the positions. How do I adjust actor 1 offsets  for example in "YOUR POSITION 4" to be "0,50,0,0" and keep all the others at "0,70,0,0" ?

<positionData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">
    <defaults startEquipmentSet="unEquip" stopEquipmentSet="reEquip" startMorphSet="ready" stopMorphSet="unReady" walkOffset="0,50,180"/>

<animationOffset actor="2" offset="0,0,0,0"/>

<position id="YOUR POSITION 1" animation="your_animation_1" tags="pose" startBanner="yourCustomBanner"/>
    <position id="YOUR POSITION 3" animation="your_animation_3" tags="pose"/>
    <position id="YOUR POSITION 4" animation="your_animation_4"/>
    <position id="YOUR POSITION 5" location="Bed" animation="your_animation_5"/>

<position id="YOUR POSITION 7" animation="your_animation_7" parent="YOUR POSITION 6"/>

<position id="YOUR SUPER POSITION 1" animationGroup="your_animationGroup_1"/>

<position id="YOUR SUPER POSITION TREE" positionTree="your_positionTree_1"/>
</positionData>

Second question. In scenesetting structure there is this as one of the parameters

megaScene (DEFAULT: None) A String that is the id of a megaScene to be applied.

What is a megaScene? I can't find any info on it at all.

In animationData

3 hours ago, Indarello said:

In animationData

I know it works in animationData. I thought I'd be able to do this in positionData since you can make actors adjustment at the top.  Setting one positions for actors in positionData however overwrites all individual adjustments made in an animationData file.

And how come in positionData the animationOffset actors start at 1(one) instead of 0(zero) as they do everywhere else? This just makes my OCD hurt.

30 minutes ago, murf said:

I know it works in animationData. I thought I'd be able to do this in positionData since you can make actors adjustment at the top.  Setting one positions for actors in positionData however overwrites all individual adjustments made in an animationData file.

And how come in positionData the animationOffset actors start at 1(one) instead of 0(zero) as they do everywhere else? This just makes my OCD hurt.

don't understand what you are asking

you already found:

Just set what you need for actor="3" and 4,5,6,7

In animation data you also have offsets

In game result offset for actor will be animationData+ positionData

for example in positionData you set actor="1" offset="0,70,0,0"

in animationData you have -50,0,0,0 for actor 1

in result in game for actor 1 you will have -50,70,0,0

Also some info:

if you want to fix/increase variety in furniture for existing animation - you can check my patch, I already fixed animation as much as I could, also a bit furniture variety added

don't set different offsets for human animations in animation groups, this will cause actors to teleport

don't set to big offsets for creature animations, this will create bug where creature just stay idle. (I just tested dogs, not sure about other creatures)

11 minutes ago, Indarello said:

don't understand what you are asking

you already found:

Just set what you need for actor="3" and 4,5,6,7

In animation data you also have offsets

In game result offset for actor will be animationData+ positionData

for example in positionData you set actor="1" offset="0,70,0,0"

in animationData you have -50,0,0,0 for actor 1

in result in game for actor 1 you will have -50,70,0,0

I'm trying to change actor "1" in

to <animationOffset actor="1" offset="0,40,0,0"/>

while leaving actor="1" in

at <animationOffset actor="1" offset="0,70,0,0"/>

--

is actor="3" supposed to represent the first actor in

or does actor="3" represent a third actor? This animation has only two actors.

---

How come actor="1" in positionData is actor="0" in animationData?

--

47 minutes ago, Indarello said:

Also some info:

if you want to fix/increase variety in furniture for existing animation - you can check my patch, I already fixed animation as much as I could, also a bit furniture variety added

don't set different offsets for human animations in animation groups, this will cause actors to teleport

don't set to big offsets for creature animations, this will create bug where creature just stay idle. (I just tested dogs, not sure about other creatures)

Thanks for the info. Learning all of this as I go is quite the adventure. I'll be sure to pick apart your patches to learn new things. And thanks for responding to my questions. I am trying to grasp all of this and some things confuse the logical thinking part of me lol. I think avoiding any actor offsets at all in positionData seems to be my best bet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 4:18 AM, murf said:

Thanks for the info. Learning all of this as I go is quite the adventure. I'll be sure to pick apart your patches to learn new things. And thanks for responding to my questions. I am trying to grasp all of this and some things confuse the logical thinking part of me lol. I think avoiding any actor offsets at all in positionData seems to be my best bet.

The position method was originally implemented to deal with sets of animations from FourPlay that didn't use consistently centered animations. As a strategy to avoid alignment issues, the true center of each actors animation was offset differently. AAF solved the alignment issue differently so that the offsets were not needed. But, to keep using those older animations, AAF needed to reverse the offsets to recenter everything.

All new animations I know of don't use this off-set feature. So, that position offset system is arguably no longer needed. (Even the Leito animations were re-done with a regular center).

There could be some use to keep an off-set system so that you could use an animation made for the ground on an elevated item like a bed. In that case, applying the offsets in position or animation XML is valid.