Kitsune/Neko race in Elder Scrolls: is it "Lore-Friendly?"

Literal Kitsune? No. There are no fox spirits that turn into people with eyes 3/4ths the size of their entire head and talk in lilting 157 decibel yells at the pitch of high A. Not a thing.

cuategrils and thus "neko"? yes.

werestuff? yes.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Lycanthropy

Now the FAPFAPFAPFAP LALALALALALA NOT LISTENING LALALALA answer is "Hircoids take shape of the whatever is in the homeland of the afflicted" and then you say Akakil in an ethnic slur voice and the problem with that is if there were hircoid foxes they would be Nords, and they aren't, because there are no foxes on Akavir and there are also no humans on Akavir so if there were werefoxes and people on Akavir you'd be roleplaying as 4000 year old Tsaesci poop. Yum. Immersive as fuck as MXR says.

It's also a single player game and there are no right answers.

This video starting at the linked start location goes over all the various type of Khajiit that exist. The Ohmez are more human like with cat traits and would probably be the most Kitsune like. But given the existence of these variations on the in lore species, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine a specific Kitsune race. Not much is known about Akavir outside of ancient lore, so what it is like and who lives over there now is totally up in the air.  ?

13 minutes ago, 27X said:

because there are no foxes on Akavir and there are also no humans on Akavir

We do not know for sure there are no humans on Akavir, we are led to believe all the Akaviri were driven out. But we were also led to believe the dragons were defeated long ago. ?

In the end Akavir due mostly to all the stuff we DON'T know is a better red herring lore randomizer than even the fan fav of calling everything a Dwemer machine. ?

3 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

Simply asking because I want to try a character of the sort in my own playthrough but I'm very close to a lore-purist. Khajiit exist....so why would kitsune exist? why wouldn't they? I'm sure this has been asked before but I think I'm looking for some justification. 

There's an Ohmes-Raht race in Daggerfall.
It's been terribly retconned (not recreated in any other Elder Scroll game) though.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Ohmes-raht#:~:text=The Ohmes-raht are one,two moons%2C Masser and Secunda.&text=The closer Secunda is to a Waning phase%2C the more,of the small biped variants.

latest?cb=20120707171810

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking more like literal ohmes-raht or miqote kind of races....

I get the were-animal thing, and the khajiit alternate races... But similar to DnD with Half-Orcs and Half-Tabaxi..... would there be Half-Khajiit that look more like the Neko's we see in mainstream art...

or maybe TES doesn't really have a feasible reason as to why they would exist. When it comes to TES, I like to hug the lore as close as possible when coming up with ideas or characters. But I'm looking for like "proof" if a Neko race would make sense I guess.

2 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

But I'm looking for like "proof" if a Neko race would make sense I guess.

in that case the answer is no

There is no proof of a human/*Cat* hybrid race in Elder Scrolls lore as far as I know. Even if you remove the magical/Mythical aspects of the Neko race (from their own lore) to make it just a human fox hybrid. 

*Edit I had fox on the brain after reading about the Lilmothiit ?