(UPDATE IS NOW OUT: VIDEO ON UPDATE INSIDE!) NOW CONFIRMED: Huge Update Coming!! *NEW* Skin Tone/Makeup Sliders, 100+ Swatches, Hairs, & More!!

It's EA, so until this comes out and it's as magical as they make it sound to be, I'm not gushing over it.

I knew it wasn't going to be as magical as they made it sound ?

Wonderful, the next game breaker for nothing... And I have no clue, why this guy calls the reinventing of old features "awesome" and "insane". Did he take drugs, that I don´t know?

I really would appreciate, if EA would fix bugs from previous addons, yeah, I would. I don´t need skintones ruining the game again, cause I play with Wicked Whims and the additional skintones, this mod provides. So why does Maxis not pay some of the modders around the world, who show, how to better a game, that is crap, if played vanilla?

No. instead there seem to be enough completely hysterical fans going nuts for nothing, advertizing some old features, that should be there since the first day of release. Oh my, this world is crazy...

But thanks for the info though! ?

The EA slider just modifies the brightness of the screen ;)

For me it seems that the developers do no longer play TS4. They provide stuff asked for by the management and then they're done. Unless many users complain and get management attention bugs will not be fixed. That's the short-term option to maximize profit as seen in many other areas.

It would be easy to add a h.264/aac codec to the game to play mp4 videos instead of using vp6 which is 10 years old. No one cares and if their is a chief developer the management may have used her budget for big partys.

1 hour ago, DaydreamingBeyond said:

I am definitely interested in seeing how this all works out.
I really hope it doesn't break any of the mods that took
me forever to find, that actually work lol.

sorry to disappoint you, but it will break...everything
since for now, nobody knows how this slider works, it will f up every CC skintone

and it will break other stuff as well, like every other update did, does and will do :D

10 hours ago, thaclone said:

since for now, nobody knows how this slider works, it will f up every CC skintone

I assume it will most likely be the same as we had in Sims 3. Simply because the devs are incredibly lazy, and that would be the easiest option, as opposed to creating something new. I also agree it will 99.9% break every custom skintone, and the devs will leave it to some modder like Cmar to make a converter, because God forbid they should do a little more and release a converter tool.

15 hours ago, carlfatal said:

Wonderful, the next game breaker for nothing... And I have no clue, why this guy calls the reinventing of old features "awesome" and "insane". Did he take drugs, that I don´t know?

I really would appreciate, if EA would fix bugs from previous addons, yeah, I would. I don´t need skintones ruining the game again, cause I play with Wicked Whims and the additional skintones, this mod provides. So why does Maxis not pay some of the modders around the world, who show, how to better a game, that is crap, if played vanilla?

No. instead there seem to be enough completely hysterical fans going nuts for nothing, advertizing some old features, that should be there since the first day of release. Oh my, this world is crazy...

But thanks for the info though! ?

You are quite welcome ? I also have no idea what the guy calls the old features "awesome" and "insane" lol. He seems to be the only one who is giving out information on Sims 4 updates from the gurus, so I'm subscribed to him on YouTube. ?‍♀️

I'm not going to be playing the sims 4 until I see how all of this plays out. I'm not looking forward to all of the broken cc in my game ?

9 hours ago, Outlast1 said:

:( seriously new skin tone sliders, star wars junk. putting fresh paint on a cracked foundation is not going to fix anything. Feel like this is a cop out of actually addressing problems the game has.

I'm sure it's a cop out, it's EA after all.

Probably all the old devs from sims 3 retired so the young ones haven't a clue as to what a color wheel even is.

Of course they never look backwards but only forward and probably none of them ever even played Sims 3 anyway.

Should have been a base game feature from the beginning and made color changing skin tones and matching counters, stoves, etc., so much easier.

EA/Maxis painted themselves into a corner from the start and all they can do now is throw out shitty band aids that infect the whole game.

Seems like breaking mods is now their favorite pastime for new content.  

16 hours ago, Valtharia said:

You are quite welcome ? I also have no idea what the guy calls the old features "awesome" and "insane" lol. He seems to be the only one who is giving out information on Sims 4 updates from the gurus, so I'm subscribed to him on YouTube. ?‍♀️

I'm not going to be playing the sims 4 until I see how all of this plays out. I'm not looking forward to all of the broken cc in my game ?

Yeah, EA´s public services seem to spread their news only by using completely brainless zombies now. And in fact they are loosing their fans, look to Plumbella or LGR. That is so sad to see, how EA doesn´t give a shit on this brand anymore, seems to be enough to hold a big part of the market but the individual sales figures don´t count anymore. People buy the Sims cause Turbo made WW, not the other way round. As long as this works, and as long as no competitor is showing up, EA has no reason to change their politics.

How did Plumbella say: Capitalism in it´s terminal stage...

And you don´t need to patch your game, although Origin will tell so: Play offline then, like I will do. I forgot to stop Origin from patching after the pre-SW patch but this time I´ll be warned. The only missing feature then is the gallery, and you will not be able to install game packs. That is all.

On 9/25/2020 at 4:02 PM, Scorpio said:

Probably all the old devs from sims 3 retired so the young ones haven't a clue as to what a color wheel even is.

Of course they never look backwards but only forward and probably none of them ever even played Sims 3 anyway.

Should have been a base game feature from the beginning and made color changing skin tones and matching counters, stoves, etc., so much easier.

EA/Maxis painted themselves into a corner from the start and all they can do now is throw out shitty band aids that infect the whole game.

Seems like breaking mods is now their favorite pastime for new content.  

Based on the inferior quality of... well, EVERYTHING, you would think so. Then you look at the fact that every single pack (excluding this year) has been a cheap knock off of a Sims 3 pack. The devs definitely DO look backwards. They're just way too lazy to do any real work. They add as little new features as possible, and as little programming as possible. They don't even bother to do any proper testing. That's why new patches have so many issues; They release a patch, wait for the community to try it (giving players so much grief), then they try to fix it. The devs don't even want to spend time trying to come up with new ideas. The only thing they want to do, is play in Blender to make new hairs and clothes.

As for this guy calling skintone sliders "insane", they obviously never played Sims 3. Wait until someone shows him things like houseboats; Lots you can build on, that you can drive on the water, anywhere in the world (not just a little neighbourhood). Or even the color wheels, and create-a-style, and oh so much more.

7 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

The devs don't even want to spend time trying to come up with new ideas. The only thing they want to do, is play in Blender to make new hairs and clothes.

It's not like this and put devs into a bad light. Of course we want to slap the devs with a big trout but they can likely do nothing about it. Most devs want to test and to create new things. There's no point in inventing the wheel again and again.

As soon as the boss limits the internal ressources there will be less (no in-game) tests. The budget invested into Disney to license SW is gone for good. Without a budget it's impossible to develop new things or to fix bugs.

If one wants to complain one should write an email to the board. Or even better get the niece of a board member to play TS4 and to complain. Likely one niece has grown up after playing TS3 and the nephew is into SW but not into TS4. Going to meet them later this day in the golf club. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I'm too scared to update my game now, so I was wondering does anyone here know how this interacts with skintone and makeup CC?

Specifically I'm using this https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-skintones/title/skintone-set-v3/id/1346781/ and without it, it would ruin everything.

Do they simply not have a slider when you pick them? That would be the sensible thing for the game to automatically do but I wouldn't put it past EA to not give a single damn about CC when implementing this.

Edit: Ok, apparently all custom skintones disappear but the one I've been using has mercifully been updated for the patch. What a relief. Disregard this comment!