2. I am having issues with my current mod setup and I am not really in the mood to sort it out

3. I might go back to Fallout 4 in the future depending on future big mods

A while ago I had a problem with my Fallout 4 where my game kept crashing. I thought it was my modlist, but it was actually the "weapons debris" bug that made my game crash. Took me forever to figure it out. If you have a Nvidia GPU make sure to turn "weapons debris" off in the game settings.

yes, so how the mod works

NPC<-Outfit<-Leveled Lists<-tattoo overlay<-Overlay manager.

so if a mod like Just Business (I cannot remember) spawns a nude NPC then there won't be any Overlays because it needs an Outfit to work

about the question, Most Factions have their own outfit (or outfits) and I add an unique faction manager to that.

(in the early days, I tried to inject the manager directly into the outfit (bypassing the Eli's issue) but that doesn't work)

Interesting, so when I enter into a raider camp (like Corvega for example), do the tattoos get applied to the raiders immediately as they spawn? I tried going to a raider camp and none of them had tattoos, but if I use the hotkey to manually add the Overlay manager then the tattoos show up.

no, because my mod uses the F4SE name ID

and most tattoo ESP's/ESL's are empty

Very cool! So what's the expected behavior for the overlay manager? Does it automatically attach to raiders as they spawn? Or is it a scanning function that periodically scans for nearby NPCs? So far the mod only works if i manually add the overlay manager using the hotkey.

I explained it before

the overlay manager gets injected into a leveled list inside an outfit.

there are issues with outfits and leveled lists being overridden.

so do the following.

1. load Fo4Edit

2. load everything

3. find my mod

4. go into leveled lists or outfits and look for anything red

5. look at picture from page before to see what it might look life

On 12/23/2020 at 7:59 AM, Invictusblade said:

I explained it before

the overlay manager gets injected into a leveled list inside an outfit.

there are issues with outfits and leveled lists being overridden.

so do the following.

1. load Fo4Edit

2. load everything

3. find my mod

4. go into leveled lists or outfits and look for anything red

5. look at picture from page before to see what it might look life

Thank you for being so patient with my dumb questions ?

I want to understand how your mod works because I am actually making my own outfits mod that modifies the outfits of raiders, gunners, etc. When I load up both your mod and my outfits mod in FO4Edit, I don't see any conflicts between the two. My mod creates its own outfit and then changes the NPCs outfits to the new one.

How can I make you mod work with mine? Is it possible to inject the overlay manager into my custom outfits?

9 hours ago, AWHA said:

Thank you for being so patient with my dumb questions ?

I want to understand how your mod works because I am actually making my own outfits mod that modifies the outfits of raiders, gunners, etc. When I load up both your mod and my outfits mod in FO4Edit, I don't see any conflicts between the two. My mod creates its own outfit and then changes the NPCs outfits to the new one.

How can I make you mod work with mine? Is it possible to inject the overlay manager into my custom outfits?

my method for custom outfits is a direct injection via Fo4edit (no quests)

I also have custom outfits and here is an example

Screenshot_123020_095507_AM.jpg

On 12/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, Invictusblade said:

my method for custom outfits is a direct injection via Fo4edit (no quests)

I also have custom outfits and here is an example

Screenshot_123020_095507_AM.jpg

Thanks! Added your mod as a master and everything worked!

One last question (hopefully): I want to use "tattoos for captives" but only on NPCs that I manually select in-game. Is there a way to modify the "add overlay manager" hotkey so that it only applies a set of random tattoos from "tattoos for captives"? (Other generic raiders, etc will still use all available tattoos. )

Would editing the leveled lists work? does the hotkey share leveled lists with the auto-injection from the outfits?

Newbie here, I need help.

I'm about to give this mod a shot, and I have nearly all optional/supported packs (tattoos, pubic hair) installed. Do I have to enable all these additional .esp files in order to get it working properly?

For example, for 'Pubesforever', do I have to put 'INVB_OverlayFramework_PubicHair_Pubesforever.esp' in my Data directory and then enable the ESP file in my 'Plugins.txt' to make it work or not?

I really like the concept of this mod, but having to enable so many additional ESPs to make it work properly is just not worth it. I have 250 active plugins and 255 is the limit. Also, are the ESPs ESL-flagged or not?

Thanks in advance!

39 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Newbie here, I need help.

I'm about to give this mod a shot, and I have nearly all optional/supported packs (tattoos, pubic hair) installed. Do I have to enable all these additional .esp files in order to get it working properly?

For example, for 'Pubesforever', do I have to put 'INVB_OverlayFramework_PubicHair_Pubesforever.esp' in my Data directory and then enable the ESP file in my 'Plugins.txt' to make it work or not?

I really like the concept of this mod, but having to enable so many additional ESPs to make it work properly is just not worth it. I have 250 active plugins and 255 is the limit. Also, are the ESPs ESL-flagged or not?

Thanks in advance!

the master is an ESM/ESP

The rest are ESL/ESP

but what you can do, is to rename my addon mods to your existing tattoo mod (and delete the original tattoo mod) such as...

INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_Svbtats -> Svbtats.

because most Tattoo mods are zero ID mods. so they can be easily replaced without causing harm to the game.

(all of the important data is located elsewhere(BA2 and F4SE)

2 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

the master is an ESM/ESP

The rest are ESL/ESP

but what you can do, is to rename my addon mods to your existing tattoo mod (and delete the original tattoo mod) such as...

INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_Svbtats -> Svbtats.

because most Tattoo mods are zero ID mods. so they can be easily replaced without causing harm to the game.

(all of the important data is located elsewhere(BA2 and F4SE)

Hold up a sec.. So you confirm that the master file will take up a plugin slot, but the rest are ESL-flagged ESPs that won't take up a plugin slot? [Yes/No]

I'm not going to rename anything. I don't need to if your other plugins are ESL-flagged, it won't matter.

One last question; is a clean save (new game) required/recommended for starting this mod?

24 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Hold up a sec.. So you confirm that the master file will take up a plugin slot, but the rest are ESL-flagged ESPs that won't take up a plugin slot? [Yes/No]

I'm not going to rename anything. I don't need to if your other plugins are ESL-flagged, it won't matter.

One last question; is a clean save (new game) required/recommended for starting this mod?

yes, only the master takes a slot

no, a clean save or new game is not required, it may just take a while for overlays to work

7 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

out of interest, I am thinking of a more basic version which should be a bit more broader.

so instead of multiple Overlay Managers in different Outfits

this will add the script to the SkinNaked.

so it won't have the customisation of the old version.

edit-> it failed

Thanks for trying anyways

Edit: I'm trying to make certain tattoos "unique" for a single faction/outfit. Could you explain how this can be achieved? I want to make "tattoos for captives" only available for one faction.

5 hours ago, AWHA said:

Thanks for trying anyways

Edit: I'm trying to make certain tattoos "unique" for a single faction/outfit. Could you explain how this can be achieved? I want to make "tattoos for captives" only available for one faction.

so this is designed for full bodied overlays or skin overrides

(Lets use Raiders for an example)

I am going to post screenshots

1. (Make your unique overlay here)

Screenshot_010521_084259_AM.jpg.003fe3a878c52b7411a73d77d7cbee59.jpg

2. (make sure that it is here in a leveled list)

Screenshot_010521_084312_AM.jpg.5d7df3419a4f3d8890194bb3a2851df6.jpg

3. (make sure that it is here in a Quest) which then should be selectable in MCM Under Unique

Screenshot_010521_084332_AM.jpg.8f111d3488c2022b4f6fc25bad045d04.jpg

18 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

so this is designed for full bodied overlays or skin overrides

(Lets use Raiders for an example)

I am going to post screenshots

1. (Make your unique overlay here)

2. (make sure that it is here in a leveled list)

3. (make sure that it is here in a Quest) which then should be selectable in MCM Under Unique

Okay, I followed your instruction and edited INVB_OverlayFramework_Blank.esp and added some custom overlays I made using this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43165

How can I make "tattoos for captives" only available for one faction? For example I want to edit INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_SlaveTats.esp to only allow Raiders to use this pack.

Thank you for your explanations and this excellent mod!

6 hours ago, AWHA said:

Okay, I followed your instruction and edited INVB_OverlayFramework_Blank.esp and added some custom overlays I made using this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43165

How can I make "tattoos for captives" only available for one faction? For example I want to edit INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_SlaveTats.esp to only allow Raiders to use this pack.

Thank you for your explanations and this excellent mod!

you can do this by changing the output of LLinjector_Overlay_Back, etc to LL_FactionTattoo_raider

or

you can make leveled lists of the collection and then put that into one of the Tattoo_raider

17 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

you can do this by changing the output of LLinjector_Overlay_Back, etc to LL_FactionTattoo_raider

Does that mean all parts (back, arms, legs, etc.) will be injected to the LL_FactionTattoo_raider leveled list? Would this only apply one tattoo, or does it use all parts?

17 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

you can make leveled lists of the collection and then put that into one of the Tattoo_raider

by the "collection" do you mean the leveled lists or the "armo" records? Also what is the difference between PH_Back_tattoo, PH_Back_tattoo_Single and PH_Back_tattoo_Reusable?

Edit: I changed the output of LLinjector_Overlay_* to LL_FactionTattoo_institutue, but NPCs with the Institute Overlay Manager loaded do not get any tattoos. I have the institute set to "unique" and 100% chance in MCM. What am I doing wrong?

OverlayFramework_SlaveTats customized.esp

On 1/7/2021 at 12:50 AM, AWHA said:

Does that mean all parts (back, arms, legs, etc.) will be injected to the LL_FactionTattoo_raider leveled list? Would this only apply one tattoo, or does it use all parts?

by the "collection" do you mean the leveled lists or the "armo" records? Also what is the difference between PH_Back_tattoo, PH_Back_tattoo_Single and PH_Back_tattoo_Reusable?

Edit: I changed the output of LLinjector_Overlay_* to LL_FactionTattoo_institutue, but NPCs with the Institute Overlay Manager loaded do not get any tattoos. I have the institute set to "unique" and 100% chance in MCM. What am I doing wrong?

OverlayFramework_SlaveTats customized.esp 36.62 kB · 1 download

Try this file

I swapped the Raider Overlay Leveled Lists to only use SlaveTats

OverlayFramework_SlaveTats customized.esp

On 1/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, Invictusblade said:

Try this file

OverlayFramework_SlaveTats customized.esp 30.09 kB · 1 download

Thank you! Now I can have different overlays for different groups of NPCs. Always thought it was odd that scientists from the Institute had the same tattoos as a raider, but no more :D

Btw, I managed to incorporate this mod with Just Business, it was actually surprisingly easy: I simply had to create an empty outfit and add the overlay manager to the outfit, and then assign it to the cloned NPCs. It's not perfect though, if the NPC already had an overlay manager prior to being cloned then the cloning script will add the old overlay manager to the clone, and the second overlay manager (from the outfit) won't have an effect.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, Invictusblade said:

Try this file

OverlayFramework_SlaveTats customized.esp 30.09 kB · 2 downloads

Hmm.  I installed this and I can't seem to get it to function.  The other factions seem to work okay, but for some reason the raiders don't.  When I select one and use INV in the console, I can see the various tattoos that should be applied, but they don't physically show up on the actor. 

Sometimes the male raiders show up naked in game as well, but never the women.  And occasionally there's a bright white inanimate copy of the male base body floating below the actor or laying on top of a raider corpse.

Base mod works for gunners.

I'll grab some screenshots next time and see if I can investigate on the raider issue... but I don't know that I have any mods that would explicitly affect them and nobody else.