Arrok's SexLab Animations & Resource for Modders (Updated 11/28/2014)

is there going to be an all in one file?

Yes, he said so a few days ago.

Edit:

Helloes Arrok.

Ive finaly come around to writing up the idea I had in mind for a rather rough sex scene.

I may edit it a bit later, as this is roughly written up.

Ive added a "mood" word to each animation to give you a better idea of how the animation should look like

Also I am assuming that there is an intro animation(as seen in the missionary you made), 3 main animations and 1 ending animation.

Incase you havent seen the defeated pose enough that is mentioned in the starting animation, I made a few screenshots here so you can see and use it to re-create the pose.

http://imgur.com/a/I8wxE#0

Doggystyle Rough

Starting animation:

Mood: Rape

The starting pose of the female should be the same as the defeated one after a fight once you go below 10%(See sexis defeated plugin), the male character will grab the female by the hips and will pull her towards him.

As the pulling is being done, the female character will land on her stomache and try to claw herself to the ground or simply put her hands open on the ground trying to push herself forward/not get pulled back to him. A Nice addition would be if she tried that multiple times, aka would lose traction with her hands, lift em up and smash em down in order to try again. Kind of hard to explain, but Im sure youve seen a lot of horror movies where the victim would try not to get pulled back as shes layin on her stomache)

A good thing here would be to have the speed of him pulling her back and her being pulled back vary depending on her arm movement.

First animation:

Mood: still rape~

At this point her legs should be close together, not wide open and she should be on her hands or arms. While at the same time the guy would have his hand pulling her hair(the positioning is debatable, especially as hairs dont have bones(or do they?)either way to have it most compatible to most hairstyles, it would be good if his hand was at the top back corner of her head, along with his body movement, her head and body should move as well, however due to his hand on her hair, her head should move slightly behind the rhytm of his thrusts.

Also noteworthy is that her head should be forced diagonally upwards, as if she was looking into the sun. As much as its possible at least without making it look like a circus :P.

Second animation:

Mood: Given up.

In this animation her upper body should be on the ground, with her face lying on its side on the ground as well which should however move slightly as he thrusts away at her, also her legs should be wiiiide open, with his hands on her legs pulling her onto his dick with each thrust, so that her getting pulled back + him thrusting are in sync.(Kind of like that one awesome missionary animation you did, just the other way around)

Noteworthy should be that therefore her body would go "diagonally" down, which however means that due to the many different boob sizes ppl are using with CBBE or UNP that it could become tricky to not have it look weirdly.

Oh! and her arms should be laying on her side going towards him(but still, just laying there)

Third animation:

Mood: Given in.

Here, her legs should be close again aka she should be on her knees, but to have it make more sense, his legs should be inbetween hers in terms positioning of her legs. Also she should be on her forearms(not hands).

While thrusting he should be slapping her butt, and with each slap she should be throwing her head up,

Finish animation:

Mood: Climax.

For this one she should simply have her head upwards with him pulling her hair again, however he should make no thrusts at all and instead she should be the one thrusting her hips back n forth, of course in a rhytm that would make sense with an orgasm.

If this is do and likeable Ill gladly write another.

Sorry, I was returning a lot of PMs from modders. I skimmed it earlier, but it was detailed so I had to come back and read it.

I'm having a hard time visualizing so much detail,..but the overall idea seems like mithos animation. He did a really good job making it look forceful.  Mithos is a more experienced animator than me though. 

For the first animation is that supposed to be acyclic?  

Also, no hair bones. (I don't even load hair when animating, they are bald). Just a Head and neck bone.

It might be difficult to get a slap on the ass to look realistic, but it has crossed my mind in the past.

I may try this if I feel I can do it justice, but I probably wont be able to make it look as good as mithos did.

My honest opinion on an animation like this (with many little small details) is that its very difficult to animate with autokey.  You'd really need to use motion capture for it to appear non-mechanical (like your were saying alternate speeds).

When animating with autokey its best that most motion is at fixed intervals for the sake of organization and clarity. If you start forgeting you rotated a foot on frame 28, and calf on frame 32, and a thigh on frame 78. It can get difficult to remember where everything moves. 

Its okay :P.

Which one is Mithos' btw? I just installed em all at once.

As for cyclic for the first animation uhh. Nope. That one animation(Im actually assuming that was Mithos, as it is a rape animation) has its first animation being an intro sequence, it does run twice, however Ive been assuming since I saw it that its just a time-thing, since the "intro" isnt long enough it plays twice, or maybe Im wrong there.

Unless by first animation you meant the one I actually called First animation(Kinda stupid of me as the "starting animation" is the first animation really).

Im confusing myself here.

Well, the very first animation I described which I called "starting animation", is not cyclic, the rest is. Phew <.< Ill write less confuzling next time

As for hair bones, thats what I was fearing~ but which is also why I mentioned making him just grab her "hair" at the top back corner.

Half-way into the skull so to say, It'd still look realistic as the front of his fingers would be below hair anyways. I think, maybe.

I may have said front of his fingers here, but I just mean fist. So nothing fancy, just having his fist at the back of her head.

And the spanking uhh, well, it doesnt have to be big slaps where he brings his hand from far above/beside his head to her butt. It can be small slaps, just not playful ones. As for realism, one can always tweak~

As for the alternate speeds, nothing wrong with trying? :P It doesnt have to alternate really, and it wouldnt have to go back n forth either, it would just be something to make more of a struggle in that scene. If the alternating speeds is too much of a hassle, it can just be 1 speed. It would just reduce the struggle a bit and make the scene a bit more "violent" as he completely overpowers her instead of just a bit.

2 Little edits here, for the starting animation, if it cant be set to just play once(like by having it simply go slower and therefore longer) and it does have to play twice like mithos' then theres a fix to still make it look real.

If instead of far away from each other the actors start up closer, aka the girl is already near his privates, she pushes herself forward(with her arms, just like i described in my post earlier) but he manages to pull her back after a half meter or so anyways.

The only "trick" here really is when shes getting pulled back again(which is nothing but the same animation played backwards), to make her arms not just replay in reverse order, but instead still play "forward" so to say.

That way the realism is still in, as that animation repeated twice will not make the actors "teleport" positions when the animation plays a second time, like it is in Mithos'

Gee, I sure am dropping the bomb on you :P

I hope I didnt kill your interest in it with this :P

Lol no u didnt kill my interest.  

Mithos's animation is a replacer, so the SexiS plugin is not set to accommodate the length of his intro.  You need the animator and scripter to collaborate to achieve a proper intro.

Also, when I asked if the intro was to be acyclic, I didn't mean "a cyclic".  I meant to say acyclic, meaning non-cyclic, like asexual means non-sexual. So I was essientially asking if it was not meant to repeat. Sorry about that. 

I'm not worried about the alternate speeds being a hassle, I'm just not sure if I can achieve a realistic motion.  Its actually the same with boobs.

You'd think boobs just need to go up and down at equal intervals in sync with the motion, but thats totally wrong (and looks so fake). Bouncing boobs are actually, at first, resistant to upwards chest motion (leaving a delay in their reaction).  As the chest reaches the end of the upwards motion and reverses motion, the boob retains momentum and continues moving in the upwards direction until the chest's down motion tugs from the bottom making the boobs start moving back down,..which they continue to do even as the chest is returning up.

Thats how you have to mimic real breast physics. Its one of the most difficult things to animate realistically. b/c of all the momentum, velocity variation, and direction reversal I have to mimic.

Keep comming up with ideas, I will keep this whole sequence in mind, and use a lot of your ideas when I make rape animations.  

is there a tutorial on how to make these animations ? 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15238

I know they say get 3ds max 2012,....but get 2011...

2011 is the lastest release that still supports havok content tools 2010.2 (2010.2 is the only version compatible with skyrim must be that version)

Xp2's tutorial is good for letting you know which setting to import with, and has links to the best videos to learn the basics of animation.

And here is Cherry Hotlings tutorial on getting BBP to export correctly,..you're also gonna need to download her mod on nexus for the animation rig, bone list .txt file, and her CHSBHC skeleton.

[spoiler=Cherry Hotling Tutorial (on her main description page on nexus)]------------------

Animation Creation Tutorial

------------------

Tools needed:

3ds max 2011 (Sorry its the only version i have)

Havok's 3ds max exporter http://www.havok.com/try-havok (Its free but you have to fill out some info)

Niftools 3dsmax plugin (Build created by figment) !Very important plugin! http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5622 or here: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3196&hilit=3ds+max+plugin#p21708 

Fallout mod manager or a BSA extract tool to extract the files out of the BSA files: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640 (The BSA browser is awesome and you can install this without having fallout installed just pick fallout 3 when you open the browser and browse to skyrim)

Hkxcmd tool for extracting animations from the game files (not for importing yet).

Skeleton Text file for havok (Included in this file)

3ds max Bone rig (included in this file) (A giant thank you goes out to SaidenStorm from the bethesda forums for helping me with the missing bone parameters in my 3dsmax file!!)

Ok fewwwwww thats a lot of tools!

Onwards.....

Steps: (assuming you installed all the tools above)

1) Open the fallout mod manager BSA Browser --> select fallout 3 fromt he popup --> Click the open button --> browse to Program Files\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data (Or wherever your Skyrim install is) --> click on the Animations.bsa --> click open

2) On the left pane click the + next to skyrim --> + Meshes --> + actors --> + character --> + animations --> Click on female

3) on the right pane click on the animation you want or Highlight a bunch of them and then click extract (dont click extract all) select a folder you want to extract to (I suggest you make a new one on your C: root drive if you havent already, it will make the next step easier(Steps below on what folders to make) ((Im using mt_idle.hkx as my example))) then click ok.

3a) For the steps above I recommend making a few NEW directories on your C: drive. Make the following:

C:\Skyrim , and C:\Skyrim\data . 

-Put the animation.hkx you extracted above into the C:\Skyrim\data folder.

-Put the Skeleton.hkx file that comes with my mod into the C:\Skyrim\data folder 

-Put the hkxcmd.exe tool in the C:\Skyrim folder.

4) Open a command window in windows 7 type cmd then enter in the start bar, other windows version then its: start --> run --> type in cmd then enter

5) in the command window type “cd ..” (without the quotes and keep typing “cd ..” until you get to just the C:\ prompt. 

6) Now type “cd Skyrim” (again without the quotes) you should now be in the C:\Skyrim directory that you copied the hkxcmd.exe into.

7) Now type(WITH the quotes this time): hkxcmd ExportKF "c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx" "c:\Skyrim\Data" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"

7a) Ignore the warning message about bones not found, its why we did the step above, it creates the missing bones for you. Fancy huh?

8) This will create a new folder: C:\Skyrim\Data-out , You will find the animations you extracted to the C:\Skyrim\data (In step 3) now exported in the .kf format in the C:\Skyrim\Data-out directory which you can import into 3ds max.

9) Open 3Ds Max 2011 and open the 3dsmax bones file that was included with this package ("CHSBHC-Vx.x-Physics-Bone-T-Pose.max"). (Once loaded you should see a bunch of bones standing there staring at you ...... waiting)

9a) (Optional) You can import the mesh I modded that comes with this file so you can see whats going on with the animation. Click The 3ds max icon top left --> import --> Browse to the femalebody_1.nif (if you want to use that body shape) --> click ok --> UNCHECK cameras and UNCHECK import skeleton(Very important those 2 are unchecked) leave everything else thats already checked --> click import (The body should be imported and using the bones, yay!)

10) Import the new animation into 3ds max. Click the Max icon top left --> Import --> browse to the mt_idle.kf --> click import on the popup (Leave everything checked)

11) Animate! whooo hooo im animating, im animating! Dont forget the new Left Breast, Right Breast, Left Butt, and Right Butt bones! Move them around for whacky fun!

12) Now its time to export our animation with the havok plugin for 3dsmax (The save file has all the filter settings built in so no fretting!) Click the Disk icon on the Laft top of your screen (If you hover over it, it says export its left of the viewport name and near the Graphite modelling tools text or about an inch strait down from the 3ds max top left button)

13) In the Havok popup window under the Configuration set section click the dropdown and select Animations (if it isnt already selected)

14) click on the Create Skeletons text, this will populate the right pane with info. under where it says Build rigg on the right pane, make sure "from file is checked and "use file order" is checked. --> click on the ... next to the "From File" section and browse to my "CHSBHC bone Rig Breasts and Butt.txt" file that was included with this file.

15) click the Create Animations text in the Configuration section of the Havok popup --> on the right pane make sure "From File" is checked --> click the ... next to the "From File" area and select my "CHSBHC bone Rig Breasts and Butt.txt" again.

16) Click on the Write To Platform text under the Configuration section of the Havok window popup --> on the right pane under "Filename" click the ... --> Specify a new location and filename for your animation (in my case I used mt_idle.hkx !!VEry important you select a location to save in this step or you will get an error that it cannot save it!!)

17) Put your new shiney and polished animation in your "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female" (If it’s a female animation) folder and load the game!

Viola! your done!

Once you have done this the first time you only really have to do steps 10 - 17 from here on out to create your animations!

Have fun!!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4888

How long exactly does it take really to learn how to animate?

I currently have a looooot of free time, most of the time Im sitting at home actually, so I wouldnt mind getting into animating myself.

I learned in 3 days. Me giving you all this information at once would probably bring that down to 2 days for you. (Spent one day just researching what I needed)

You see that sideposition animation on the OP under "alternatives". I made that on my fourth day animating.

Also, I didnt get to ask a sex mod animator how to get 2 animations to work together, but you can ask me.

I seem to be one of very few (and probably the only "active") sex mod animator for skyrim, I could sure use some help.   

is there a tutorial on how to make these animations ? 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15238

I know they say get 3ds max 2012,....but get 2011...

2011 is the lastest release that still supports havok content tools 2010.2 (2010.2 is the only version compatible with skyrim must be that version)

Xp2's tutorial is good for letting you know which setting to import with, and has links to the best videos to learn the basics of animation.

And here is Cherry Hotlings tutorial on getting BBP to export correctly,..you're also gonna need to download her mod on nexus for the animation rig, bone list .txt file, and her CHSBHC skeleton.

[spoiler=Cherry Hotling Tutorial (on her main description page on nexus)]------------------

Animation Creation Tutorial

------------------

Tools needed:

3ds max 2011 (Sorry its the only version i have)

Havok's 3ds max exporter http://www.havok.com/try-havok (Its free but you have to fill out some info)

Niftools 3dsmax plugin (Build created by figment) !Very important plugin! http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5622 or here: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3196&hilit=3ds+max+plugin#p21708 

Fallout mod manager or a BSA extract tool to extract the files out of the BSA files: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640 (The BSA browser is awesome and you can install this without having fallout installed just pick fallout 3 when you open the browser and browse to skyrim)

Hkxcmd tool for extracting animations from the game files (not for importing yet).

Skeleton Text file for havok (Included in this file)

3ds max Bone rig (included in this file) (A giant thank you goes out to SaidenStorm from the bethesda forums for helping me with the missing bone parameters in my 3dsmax file!!)

Ok fewwwwww thats a lot of tools!

Onwards.....

Steps: (assuming you installed all the tools above)

1) Open the fallout mod manager BSA Browser --> select fallout 3 fromt he popup --> Click the open button --> browse to Program Files\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data (Or wherever your Skyrim install is) --> click on the Animations.bsa --> click open

2) On the left pane click the + next to skyrim --> + Meshes --> + actors --> + character --> + animations --> Click on female

3) on the right pane click on the animation you want or Highlight a bunch of them and then click extract (dont click extract all) select a folder you want to extract to (I suggest you make a new one on your C: root drive if you havent already, it will make the next step easier(Steps below on what folders to make) ((Im using mt_idle.hkx as my example))) then click ok.

3a) For the steps above I recommend making a few NEW directories on your C: drive. Make the following:

C:\Skyrim , and C:\Skyrim\data . 

-Put the animation.hkx you extracted above into the C:\Skyrim\data folder.

-Put the Skeleton.hkx file that comes with my mod into the C:\Skyrim\data folder 

-Put the hkxcmd.exe tool in the C:\Skyrim folder.

4) Open a command window in windows 7 type cmd then enter in the start bar, other windows version then its: start --> run --> type in cmd then enter

5) in the command window type “cd ..” (without the quotes and keep typing “cd ..” until you get to just the C:\ prompt. 

6) Now type “cd Skyrim” (again without the quotes) you should now be in the C:\Skyrim directory that you copied the hkxcmd.exe into.

7) Now type(WITH the quotes this time): hkxcmd ExportKF "c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx" "c:\Skyrim\Data" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"

7a) Ignore the warning message about bones not found, its why we did the step above, it creates the missing bones for you. Fancy huh?

8) This will create a new folder: C:\Skyrim\Data-out , You will find the animations you extracted to the C:\Skyrim\data (In step 3) now exported in the .kf format in the C:\Skyrim\Data-out directory which you can import into 3ds max.

9) Open 3Ds Max 2011 and open the 3dsmax bones file that was included with this package ("CHSBHC-Vx.x-Physics-Bone-T-Pose.max"). (Once loaded you should see a bunch of bones standing there staring at you ...... waiting)

9a) (Optional) You can import the mesh I modded that comes with this file so you can see whats going on with the animation. Click The 3ds max icon top left --> import --> Browse to the femalebody_1.nif (if you want to use that body shape) --> click ok --> UNCHECK cameras and UNCHECK import skeleton(Very important those 2 are unchecked) leave everything else thats already checked --> click import (The body should be imported and using the bones, yay!)

10) Import the new animation into 3ds max. Click the Max icon top left --> Import --> browse to the mt_idle.kf --> click import on the popup (Leave everything checked)

11) Animate! whooo hooo im animating, im animating! Dont forget the new Left Breast, Right Breast, Left Butt, and Right Butt bones! Move them around for whacky fun!

12) Now its time to export our animation with the havok plugin for 3dsmax (The save file has all the filter settings built in so no fretting!) Click the Disk icon on the Laft top of your screen (If you hover over it, it says export its left of the viewport name and near the Graphite modelling tools text or about an inch strait down from the 3ds max top left button)

13) In the Havok popup window under the Configuration set section click the dropdown and select Animations (if it isnt already selected)

14) click on the Create Skeletons text, this will populate the right pane with info. under where it says Build rigg on the right pane, make sure "from file is checked and "use file order" is checked. --> click on the ... next to the "From File" section and browse to my "CHSBHC bone Rig Breasts and Butt.txt" file that was included with this file.

15) click the Create Animations text in the Configuration section of the Havok popup --> on the right pane make sure "From File" is checked --> click the ... next to the "From File" area and select my "CHSBHC bone Rig Breasts and Butt.txt" again.

16) Click on the Write To Platform text under the Configuration section of the Havok window popup --> on the right pane under "Filename" click the ... --> Specify a new location and filename for your animation (in my case I used mt_idle.hkx !!VEry important you select a location to save in this step or you will get an error that it cannot save it!!)

17) Put your new shiney and polished animation in your "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female" (If it’s a female animation) folder and load the game!

Viola! your done!

Once you have done this the first time you only really have to do steps 10 - 17 from here on out to create your animations!

Have fun!!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4888

How long exactly does it take really to learn how to animate?

I currently have a looooot of free time, most of the time Im sitting at home actually, so I wouldnt mind getting into animating myself.

I learned in 3 days. Me giving you all this information at once would probably bring that down to 2 days for you. (Spent one day just researching what I needed)

You see that sideposition animation on the OP under "alternatives". I made that on my fourth day animating.

Also, I didnt get to ask a sex mod animator how to get 2 animations to work together, but you can ask me.

I seem to be one of very few (and probably the only "active") sex mod animator for skyrim, I could sure use some help.   

Sure!

Ill start learning tomorrow :P

Because I don't know how to add them,....yet

Others do, like redneck2x, and he's trying to get it set up as a Non-replacer .esp

A lot of stuff is in the works by a lot of people, next few weeks/in a month gonna see big changes I'm forseeing.

I wonder.....Isn't SexiS able to add new animations? So why make it as a replacement?

He's not a modder, he's an animator which is much more valuable (IMO). Let him make animations and we'll make the mods to use them. There are lots of us who can update the mods to use these animations but the number of people making animations is few.

I wonder.....Isn't SexiS able to add new animations? So why make it as a replacement?

He's not a modder, he's an animator which is much more valuable (IMO). Let him make animations and we'll make the mods to use them. There are lots of us who can update the mods to use these animations but the number of people making animations is few.

Soon I will be re-uploading my replacers as just a single resource download.

Whats great about this for modders, is that these animations will not be positioned randomly like I was forced to position them to properly align and agree with the scripted actor displacement values in SexiS.

They will simply all be at female +100, and male at 0. Actor rotation same as player.

So people with non-SexiS plugins can easily implement them all using the same values.

Thanks currently downloading hopefully I will be able to figure this out quickly and help out with animations.

You're gonna see a lot about a executable called hkxcmd.

That's only relevant if you are trying to import and edit existing animations.

I haven't used that since day 1.  B/c Its too hard to edit an animation when every key is framed. The tutorial says you can more easily just delete all the keys and have a starting position to begin animating,...but making a starting position from scratch is super easy.

Once you can replace Mt_idle with your own,..then come to me and i'll tell you how to edit 2 actors together.

This post, I'm sure is way over your head right now, but I'm making it mainly for after you have ran yourself through the tutorial.

Also, just start with the pro tutorial, skip the beginner one. 

Its not really a pro tutorial,...its just a better, more detailed one.

^ Ohh...thanks for those links. Is it possible to use Blender instead of 3D Max?

Sorry, I totally overlooked your post.

But, no. Not for BBP.  You need havok content tools to export non-vanilla skeletons in a skyrim compatible format. And I think only 3dsMax and Maya have support for havok tools.

Do you prefer Blender?

i'm a little bit confused regarding animation, SexiS is like the main file right? so for example i use Lover's Comfort, will it refer to SexiS' or LC's animation? or they both can use each other's?

The animations are in SexiS. LC uses them by tagging I assume.

Got Autodesk 2011 started importing skeleton and body but when I tried to import a animation (mtidle.kf) but when I did that everything disappeared I'm still a beginner just telling you where I got gonna continue tomorrow

[Edit] Nevermind found out what i did wrong

Hello Hello!

Arrok, do you maybe have Steam? It would be rather convenient to have you on my list in terms of questions, as sometimes, like now, the tutorial refers to things not explained before, and Im just sitting here wondering what to do~

Do you prefer Blender?

Yea, I have learned 3D in Blender and having been using it for quite some time, I don't feel comfortable in 3D max and I have used it mostly for modding stuff that I couldn't  do in Blender like modelling for Kotor or creating custom skeleton/animating for DAO.

I have found this Animation ToolsN1 for Blender: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29460, very limited since it can not be used on custom skeleton or import animations, but I will give it a try to see how it works. ;)

Thanks again.

Hmm, Im completely stuck at some point in the tutorial :(

Lol, well im gonna need more to go on than that...

What are you stuck on?

:o damnit!

Welllllllll!

A. How do I select bones, most of the time Im stuck being only able to select the whole body part. D: Its never really explained in the tutorial.

B. Is there anyway to make the bones more visible than what they are "now"? Theyre most of the time really hard to see.

A C might come up depending on how A works out.

What are you stuck on?

Welllllllll!

A. How do I select bones, most of the time Im stuck being only able to select the whole body part. D: Its never really explained in the tutorial.

B. Is there anyway to make the bones more visible than what they are "now"? Theyre most of the time really hard to see.

Press "H" to bring up a list of every bone/mesh in the scene. You can select as many bones as you want, or ctrl+click to highlight multiple bones not close together in the list

What are you stuck on?

Welllllllll!

Press "H" to bring up a list of every bone/mesh in the scene. You can select as many bones as you want, or ctrl+click to highlight multiple bones not close together in the list

No direct way to select em via the 3d view? I was able to a few times.

Also a few times I was able to rotate bones which would however not turn with the rest of the arm D: confused me.

Also whats the Shoulder bone called, I can only see UpperArm which kind of looks weird if I try making the character wave, or is the default skyrim skeleton really that bad?

Nvm, I found another bone that does that movement :>

*studies some anatomics*

Edit:

Actually, would you be able to record your screen while doing a pose? That would actually help quite a lot.

Ive watched quite a lot of vids on youtube, its more the basics Im having problems with atm :>

If I saw you fiddle around for a pose it would probably help a lot.

After playing around for a while I got the changed idle working in game, I've tried using Blender and 3dMax+Havok both workflows worked without problem. But now I have more questions:

What custom skeletons do you guys use to make the animations? And is there any file with an IK setup?

I have used the  blender and max files provided, also the txt file to export the skeleton, but what if I want to make a male animation? should I use the same female files and import the male meshes over them?

Also how can I import more skeletons/mesh to work on 2+ actors animations? And how they should be placed/animated?

Thanks.

After playing around for a while I got the changed idle working in game, I've tried using Blender and 3dMax+Havok both workflows worked without problem. But now I have more questions:

What custom skeletons do you guys use to make the animations? And is there any file with an IK setup?

I have used the  blender and max files provided, also the txt file to export the skeleton, but what if I want to make a male animation? should I use the same female files and import the male meshes over them?

Also how can I import more skeletons/mesh to work on 2+ actors animations? And how they should be placed/animated?

Thanks.

I use the CHSBHC skeleton for male and female.

So yes exactly, just import the male meshes over it.

You can get her animation rig scene max file from her nexus page for max 2011.  I just start with that rig. I have one saved with male meshes called "male templet" and one saved loaded with female meshes called "female templet"

With those 2 separate scenes,...heres how you combine them to animate, then separate to export...

To edit 2 actors...

First just make a male t-pose at origin scene (import and freeze meshes too), save and close

Then make a female t-pose at origin scene (and import and freeze meshes)

Click the green 3dsmax logo /file menu button at the top left corner (the one to open, new scene, reset ect.)

near the bottom of the list you see the references option, click that, and select xref scene. 

click "add" at the top of the box. Select your male t-pose scene you created and it should pop up. Keep the Xref window open and look at the "add" button again and gaze downwards until you see the merge button. Press the merge button.

Now you can animate them both in the scene.

The males bones are on the bone list under the female's.  Its easy to tell b/c they are separated by the meshes.

When its time to export your animation you'll have to split the scene to make 2 animations. Its easy though.

Make sure your scene is saved with both actors, then highlight every bone on the bone list under the last female mesh (starting at the first male mesh) press ok and hit your delete key.

The male will disappear and you can export your female.

Open the scene with both actors again, and highlight the female bones and meshes this time and hit delete. Now you export your male.

Thats how I do it.

The male and female t-pose scenes I refer to here in this quote of myself is the templets I have described above.

Reason for the Xref, and not just straight up import another scene is b/c importing tries to rename the bones (since they have the same name)

But merging allows duplicate bone names for some reason. 

Now about the positioning,...just make sure you keep them around the origin. Also keep them oriented along an axis if you want to keep your rotations from becoming very complicated.

Once you're fully done animating, you'll need to test the animations in whatever mod you're animating for.  They are all different,..(as far as positioning goes)

You may boot up skyrim to find that your animation has both actors too far apart and one rotated 180 degrees in the wrong direction. So you're gonna need to get back in max and focus on one actor (I focus on female) and keep adjusting her and booting up skyrim to test the alignment.

If you're making SexiS replacers,...I know the values you have to move your actors once you finish animating,....I have looked at its scripts and noted the distance they displace the actors,...which is what throws off the animations.