SexiS - Sex in Skyrim [Alpha] [Inactive]

I've spent the last hour tracking down the issue with the array indices getting out of bounds when the SexiS ID is > 20.

Seems like the SexiSSystemScr scipt blindly assumes that all arrays contained within have 128 elements. This would be fine, except the the SexiSSystemSetupScr script calls a function in SexiSSystemScr that overwrites a couple of arrays with arrays containing 21 elements. The offending code in SexiSSystemSetupScr is:

Function SetAliases()
    ReferenceAlias[] defa = new ReferenceAlias[21]
    ReferenceAlias[] offa = new ReferenceAlias[21]

;ReferenceAlias array setting code snipped

SexiS.__SetAliases( offa, defa )
EndFunction

And the __SetAliases function in SexiSSystemScr contains this...

Function __SetAliases( ReferenceAlias[] offs, ReferenceAlias[] defs )
    if !offAliai && !defAliai ; Are they not set yet?
        offAliai = offs
        defAliai = defs
    EndIf
EndFunction

Now I can fix it with some effort, but obviously I don't want to be stepping on CMod's efforts should he decide to come back...

When reinstalling "core" I was informed that the pex file already existed and did I want to overwrite it. I said no, I hope that is right, is it?

Shubal, yes you want to overwrite the existing .pex otherwise you're going to continue to use the old one, which is not the one you want to use if you're installing WaxenFigure's patch.  If you're doing a complete reinstall of the mod, however, it is a little more entailed than just overwriting existing files.  It's not an update, it's a reinstall.  Thus,  I would recommend deleting everything pertaining to SexiS from your Skyrim directory, run FNIS, clean save, reinstall, and FNIS again, after using the "cleanup" feature in-game via Configure and clean saving of course.  After reinstalling, then overwrite the existing .pex with WavenFigure's patch otherwise you're going to continue to get the error message.  Load your last clean save and enjoy.  Hope this helps.  Cheers!  

My pardon if someone else posted this problem and I missed it.

I've just started playing Skyrim again, and decided to test this little mod out.  Using my character and a random female, I used the heart and arrow to indicate targets.  Both my character and the target ended up flat on both of their backs, connected at the hips.  Random pushing of buttons (I do not know the controls for this mod) eventually ended up with male on top, but right after the climax, the screen went entirely black.  I could hear the characters moving, along with background NPC chatter, but I could not bring up any menus or pause the game in any way.  Just a black screen until I exited via the power button.

Is this a common bug, and if so how do I fix it?

Geez, oh man.  If you guys haven't noticed, cmod has been coming and going throughout this whole project.  Also, the fact that he's shared his source kind of indicates that he's more than happy to have us resolve any simple problems that may arise.  Not everyone has the time or the interest to be the like the SKSE team, who have blaring patch alarms, scramble fighters and have a special energy drink fridge that can't be opened until steam autoupdates one of their skyrim clients.  I like to imagine they live in a firehouse, and have a pole they slide down on that leads to The Code Room.  But I digress.

I've been pretty content with the time cmod has put into this so far.  If he intends to close up shop, which we have no reason to believe, he'll close up shop.  Otherwise, I see nothing out of the ordinary.  If you want something to blame, blame steam and its often maligned tendency to forget auto-update settings.  This whole OH SHIT WE NEED A FIX culture has basically sprung out of Steam's (presumably intentional) tendency to disregard our wishes as to what should and shouldn't be patched.  Gaben, I know you're reading this.

And Waxen, thank you for the recompile!  We all appreciate it.

So the mod works for me doesnt CTD till i try to use my char in it an act but i can basicilly use the powers on many others and i guess watch and it works fine all the way throught how would one go about fixing that issue or  finding out whats causeing it?

and thump up for all the hard works those guys have done to make this mod work perfectly

I had to reinstall my OS and so Skyrim. I play now on TES 1.9.32.0.8 and SKSE 1.6.013. It was not a pleasure.

All is working now except the controls (3,4,5,6 ... ) of Sexis.

(To install FNIS on the new version 0.44.3  of NMM you need to disable the "Don't extract readme files" option in the settings.)

Uhh...none of the animations work for me...they just stand there...what did I do wrong?

Did you run "GenerateFNISforUsers" and then clicked the "update FNIS behaviour"?

Yes. I know the protocol. If you forget, characters go into T-pose.

The characters don't freeze, they just stand there idle and naked. I have done everything possible to fix it, but nothing works. The controls have no effect, and neither defeated or cupid work correctly.

Because the sounds work, the characters strip, and all parts of this mod work except the animations work, I am assuming it might have something to with either patching the .pex file or .psc file for the patch, but that doesn't make sense. FNIS ran and I did what was needed to ensure compatibility and stability with that, so FNIS shouldn't be the problem. I uninstalled all other animation mods, so they aren't the problem. The more I go through what I have done in order to fix this, the more it is starting to seem that this mod (or at least calling the animations into use with cupid and defeated plugins) just doesn't work.

But, because other people have it working, I am willing to assume that even though I have done every troubleshooting option that people have recommended on how to get packages like this to work that I have somehow made a mess of the install. Either that, or this mod really is incompatible with the newest updates.

Any further suggestions on how to fix the problem would be appreciated, though.

my suggestion is this

1.remove all traces of the mod scripts meshes and textures and esm and esp files i is easy to see which scripts belongs to sexiS because they all start on sexiS something

2. to be safe i also removed those other mods that i had which was lovers comfort and sex addict

3. then run FNIS generator

4.then i went into the game and hanged around for about 2 game time hours not fast wait with T

5. then i made a new save

6.then i exit the game

7. put the mods back in and somehow i have a feeling that the order matters so this is my order sexiS, Lovers comfort, sex addict that load order seems to be working best for me as well

8. run FNIS genrator again with the all the mods installed

9. go into the game and load that save you made and you should see that it is adding spells and and adjusting it self.

thats how i solved it for me as i was having the same trouble as you. i hope this helps.

Patch to SexIs while we wait for CMod to return

It has a single file which needs to be in the ...\data\scripts\ folder and will overwrite an existing file.

attachicon.gifSexiSSystemScr.7z

Manual install only, don't try this with Nexus Mod Manager (seriously, it's only one little file).

As far as I see and tested this was the solution for me..

Now everything works great like before..

TY

When reinstalling "core" I was informed that the pex file already existed and did I want to overwrite it. I said no, I hope that is right, is it?

Shubal, yes you want to overwrite the existing .pex otherwise you're going to continue to use the old one, which is not the one you want to use if you're installing WaxenFigure's patch.  If you're doing a complete reinstall of the mod, however, it is a little more entailed than just overwriting existing files.  It's not an update, it's a reinstall.  Thus,  I would recommend deleting everything pertaining to SexiS from your Skyrim directory, run FNIS, clean save, reinstall, and FNIS again, after using the "cleanup" feature in-game via Configure and clean saving of course.  After reinstalling, then overwrite the existing .pex with WavenFigure's patch otherwise you're going to continue to get the error message.  Load your last clean save and enjoy.  Hope this helps.  Cheers!  

Thank you OlBenny. I kind of did it in reverse. When I dropped WaxenFigures patch in (Thank you WaxenFigure!!!) I checked the folder for anything related to sexis and there was none, then I reinstalled Core etc. I paid attention to the overwrite question and singled out the patch for not overwriting. Seems to have worked as well. I've found it is a good idea to pay attention  to the overwritng questions as you can lose mods functions and not be aware of it.

my suggestion is this

1.remove all traces of the mod scripts meshes and textures and esm and esp files i is easy to see which scripts belongs to sexiS because they all start on sexiS something

2. to be safe i also removed those other mods that i had which was lovers comfort and sex addict

4.then i went into the game and hanged around for about 2 game time hours not fast wait with T

6.then i exit the game

7. put the mods back in and somehow i have a feeling that the order matters so this is my order sexiS, Lovers comfort, sex addict that load order seems to be working best for me as well

9. go into the game and load that save you made and you should see that it is adding spells and and adjusting it self.

thats how i solved it for me as i was having the same trouble as you. i hope this helps.

I have no other mods besides SexiS and followed your advice and it still doesn't work.

For now, I am going back to Animated Prostitution as it actually works reliably. So, until someone can tell me how to get SexiS working with AP (because it is not getting scrubbed out again until I can guarantee that SexiS will work) or until a patch comes out for it, I am going to stay away from any/all broken/unfinished/incomplete/dead animation mods that I find.

Thank you for your help, though.

Afterthought: going to scrub AP out one last time to see if I can get SexiS to work.

EDIT: Success! Just needed to purge the AP files! Or change the load order! I did both! Thanks for your help, and I am just going to try out the limitations of compatibility now.

when you have the 1.9 patch for skyrim this is uncompatible with skse,even when you have the latest skse installed

I posted a patch for that problem a very short distance back in this thread but evidently you didn't bother to check even a page or two back to see what problems (like yours) have been reported and what might be done about it (ignoring the message is also known to work, my patch just gets rid of the message).

just for say , i use MLA ,sexis, AP, sanguine debauchery, comfort lover, ZAZ, headtracking, FNIS, ASX, sexaddict, killmove, dance of death, XCE and something like 50 or 60 other mod ...and everything work perfect, not any bug in any mod at all ...thats sound like crazy or surrealist for some others people but its true, everything work good, so mabye the people have problem with this mod have something bad in they own game,because i not understand what that work good for me and not for others ....

azmodan22 , i not have make careful about the face but i think i have see it use expression with some pose and not with some other, exempl : no expression with the AP poses but expression with MLA poses , idk..

!!!careful , apparently, NMM have been hacked, an new update is available and suppose to fix this hack attack!!!

Uhh...none of the animations work for me...they just stand there...what did I do wrong?

Did you run "GenerateFNISforUsers" and then clicked the "update FNIS behaviour"?

Yes. I know the protocol. If you forget, characters go into T-pose.

The characters don't freeze, they just stand there idle and naked. I have done everything possible to fix it, but nothing works. The controls have no effect, and neither defeated or cupid work correctly.

Because the sounds work, the characters strip, and all parts of this mod work except the animations work, I am assuming it might have something to with either patching the .pex file or .psc file for the patch, but that doesn't make sense. FNIS ran and I did what was needed to ensure compatibility and stability with that, so FNIS shouldn't be the problem. I uninstalled all other animation mods, so they aren't the problem. The more I go through what I have done in order to fix this, the more it is starting to seem that this mod (or at least calling the animations into use with cupid and defeated plugins) just doesn't work.

But, because other people have it working, I am willing to assume that even though I have done every troubleshooting option that people have recommended on how to get packages like this to work that I have somehow made a mess of the install. Either that, or this mod really is incompatible with the newest updates.

Any further suggestions on how to fix the problem would be appreciated, though.

Did you install using Nexus Mod Manager?  If so are you aware of it's new feature (optional thankfully but default is on) to not extract readme files which also happens to keep it from extracting any .TXT files like the ones used to tell FNIS what mods/animations go together? (If NMM is the problem, turn off the option in NMM and then uninstall and reinstall all mods that you installed recently using it).

Does running FNIS show SexIs in the list of mods it finds animations for?

And of course you are also remembering to start Skyrim using the SKSE loader and not Steam?

Those are the things I can think of that aren't covered above, hopefully one of them will fix you up.

my suggestion is this

6.then i exit the game

I have no other mods besides SexiS and followed your advice and it still doesn't work.

For now, I am going back to Animated Prostitution as it actually works reliably. So, until someone can tell me how to get SexiS working with AP (because it is not getting scrubbed out again until I can guarantee that SexiS will work) or until a patch comes out for it, I am going to stay away from any/all broken/unfinished/incomplete/dead animation mods that I find.

Thank you for your help, though.

Afterthought: going to scrub AP out one last time to see if I can get SexiS to work.

EDIT: Success! Just needed to purge the AP files! Or change the load order! I did both! Thanks for your help, and I am just going to try out the limitations of compatibility now.

There is a file AP puts in place which breaks all FNIS based animations unless you remove it and then run FNIS which incidently will also include the AP animations so that file should not be there in the first place since all it really does is give people grief.   The exact file is listed in the long and rambling AP description in case you decide to reinstall AP.

SexIs and AP work fine together if you remember to remove that one file.