Hi Psycho,

Could you please summary the steps to make Elin more compatble with ECE mod and put them in the first page ? I've read through several page of dicussions in this thread but the information is too scattered and hard to follow properly, about replacing skeleton.nif from TBBP and other things... to make the body sliders work.

also I have something to ask...

1/ about the Power Elin's circle of protection, the health regen only applies to Follower?

Here what I look in TES5edit:

Effect:

GuardianCircleRestoreHealthFFContact "Guardian Circle Restore Health" [MGEF:000E0CD2]

Condition

equal to

CurrentFollowerFaction [FACT:0005C84E]

=> need to make a new condition and add Player "Prisoner" [NPC_:00000007] if I want to heal Elin as well ?

the reduce damage is apply to both Elin and Follower, right?

2/ also why set Magnitude to 35 and Duration value to 2 in HazardElinCircleFFContact "Circle of Elinu Protection" [MGEF:100135B6] and ElinCircleFFSelf "Circle of Elinu Protection" [MGEF:10013053]?

where do you set the 60 second duration for the power ?

3/ I want to use this power many times a day. So I set the Power to Lesser power. But is there a cooldown value or delay casting time I can set? I think the author of SkyRE  have done a good work to implement a cooldown to his custom racial Power. I take a look at the codes but it's a little difficult to understand so maybe another time.

I know that's a lot of questions lol... but I try to learn how to mod my own game. :D

1)  Right now the Elin's are an unsupported race.  The obvious reason is that they use their own morphs because the head mesh is nothing like a human's head mesh.   That does not mean ECE will not work with the Elins, it will only be limited to scaling some areas of the skeleton.  The Elin's morph sliders will still be there and usable.

Replacing the skeleton with a TBBP skeleton won't be of much help without a TBBP body, however, if you want to give it a try, then you will need to do the following:

1. Add the TBBP body mesh to 2chelin BBP Body fix folder (overwriting the BBP body files).
  2. You will need to use the TBBP skeletonbeast_female.nif, rename it skeletonfemale.nif, and put it in 2chelin fix folder (overwriting the original skeleton).
  3. Now install all of the necessary TBBP files (body, skeletons, animations) in their normal folders.
  4. Run FNIS so the animations work.

Right now, ECE will only show the original Elin race sliders and some of the body scaling sliders.  If you receive a message that states the Elins are unsupported and will be using the Unsupported Races slider or something to that effect, that is normal and is merely to inform you only certain CME body sliders will be used.

2)  The Power Elin Circle works on the pc and followers as long as everyone stays within the circle.  That applies to both damage reduction and healing.

Magnitude determines the area the power or spell encompesses.  For the Elin Circle, a value of 35 is just about right for the pc and about 3 followers.  The greater the value, the larger (or wider) the circle becomes.

The Duration is 30 s(econds) so I don't know why you have 2 (seconds? minutes?).  If you want to change it to 60 seconds then you will need to the following,

STEP #1

post-64505-0-59668500-1368562328_thumb.jpg

STEP #2

post-64505-0-18670700-1368562340_thumb.jpg

STEP #3

post-64505-0-95745700-1368562353_thumb.jpg

I'm not familiar with making race Powers castable more than once per day.  I can only guess custom scripts were implemented.

I can have a look at SkyRe, but right now I'm busy with redoing the Monli race, Elin race, and GT.

Just a quick question if you've got the time.

The skeleton for the new Elins is customized from the XP32 Skeleton?

So if xp32 releases a new update to the XP32 Skeleton, the Elins cannot use this update, only when you take this update and tweak it again?

Could the Elin race (or monlis) be made so that they use standard skeletons?

The usual race features like small body or big heads could be modified via RaceMenu or ECE.

I tried replacing the skeletons and the meshes like in the post above some time ago, only to end up with a Elin head on top of a Adult body, and still CTD-happy when equipping TBBP armors.

Just a quick question if you've got the time.

The skeleton for the new Elins is customized from the XP32 Skeleton?

So if xp32 releases a new update to the XP32 Skeleton, the Elins cannot use this update, only when you take this update and tweak it again?

Could the Elin race (or monlis) be made so that they use standard skeletons?

The usual race features like small body or big heads could be modified via RaceMenu or ECE.

I tried replacing the skeletons and the meshes like in the post above some time ago, only to end up with a Elin head on top of a Adult body, and still CTD-happy when equipping TBBP armors.

The current Elins do not use XP32.

Standard skeletons can be used, but that Elin shape is best done with a skeleton or body mesh.  I'm more inclined to use a custom mesh to achieve that shape, but I won't know until I do some more testing with various skeletons.

Did you install the TBBP files as instructed in the TBBP Body threads.  If you did not also install the TBBP files in their originally intended locations (not just within the Elin folders) then your game will crash when trying on TBBP armor.

Hellow KawaiiHawaii

Fox 20 Armor and Ears contains the Elin ears (cat, squirrel, fox, and rabbit).  They are located in a container located at the top of the outer stairs of Riverwood Trader at Riverwood.

Screenshots (of all of my Fox6000 collection - look for FOX 20)

http://www.4shared.com/dir/K7YCYEfI/Fox6000.html

Download

You can also download the other Fox6000 armors from the first page.  It's under the sub-section ELIN ARMORS near the bottom.

Psyho, is it hard to make changes in (?) skeleton to scale it?

For example i am atm using 0.88 scale on actor, is it hard to "hardcode" this scale into nif and use "1.0" scale in CK?

i need to know 3dmax or nifscope can be enough?

@Uguu123

This can be done with Nifscope.

To rescale the whole skeleton, you need to change the SCALE value of the ROOT Node.

post-64505-0-17717600-1368667450_thumb.jpg

Be sure to make a backup of the skeleton before making changes to it.

If for some odd reason the skeleton shifts upward (floating) or down (clipping into the ground) then you will need to change the value for the z-position.  Locate the ROOT Node and in the window below, find TRANSLATION and double click on that line.  Change the value of the z-position to reshift the skeleton.

I doubt this will happen when rescaling the ROOT Node, but just in case.  The shifting will happen if you rescale the SPINE Nodes or the PELVIC Node.

Hey Psycho, you posted a few pages back on page 15 I believe it was about the Loli Dagi kahjiit race, and yes it was something to that line but the brests didn't line up, and I notice in the screen shots that there is a major gap between the hips I am not sure why that is.  Anyway sorry for the hella late reply on this but I must have missed that post o.O which is odd since I read every post you make lol.  Thanks for the reply none the less :)

Thank you so much for such a fast response and helping me! ^^ (About the foxs ears)

You are welcomed.

thx Psyhomachina, but will this work with furniture which have "racetoscale" flag? or this flag works only for CK attributes?

I would have to look further into this.  Right now I can not give an answer on the matter.  Is your character rescaling when sitting?  Then the skeleton is affected by the racetoscale flag.

Hey Psycho, you posted a few pages back on page 15 I believe it was about the Loli Dagi kahjiit race, and yes it was something to that line but the brests didn't line up, and I notice in the screen shots that there is a major gap between the hips I am not sure why that is.  Anyway sorry for the hella late reply on this but I must have missed that post o.O which is odd since I read every post you make lol.  Thanks for the reply none the less :)

If you are referring to my screenshots, I was using one of the Venus bodies and certain textures do not correctly fit it, Ohmes-Raht being one of them.  The areolas not aligning with the nipples and the off-color seams at the hips are indications that the texture is not compatible with the body mesh.  Even though the Venus body is CBBE, it is a highly custom CBBE.

just out of curiosity but how is the belt fastened quivers thing coming along? figured out anything yet? .w.

I'm sorry, I was doing some testing on various skeletons, but then I had some problems with another modder concerning the Monli race.  The whole matter has be resolved, but now I have to redo the race.  I have been distracted to the point I forgot about the skeletons.

If any good came out of this, I will, at least, include the Venus body and any modified skeletons to the Monli's.  If all goes well, then I can use them for the Elins.  So in other words, I can get back to work on the skeletons including the belt-fastend quiver.

Thank you so much for such a fast response and helping me! ^^ (About the foxs ears)

You are welcomed.

thx Psyhomachina, but will this work with furniture which have "racetoscale" flag? or this flag works only for CK attributes?

I would have to look further into this.  Right now I can not give an answer on the matter.  Is your character rescaling when sitting?  Then the skeleton is affected by the racetoscale flag.

If you are referring to my screenshots, I was using one of the Venus bodies and certain textures do not correctly fit it, Ohmes-Raht being one of them.  The areolas not aligning with the nipples and the off-color seams at the hips are indications that the texture is not compatible with the body mesh.  Even though the Venus body is CBBE, it is a highly custom CBBE.

just out of curiosity but how is the belt fastened quivers thing coming along? figured out anything yet? .w.

I'm sorry, I was doing some testing on various skeletons, but then I had some problems with another modder concerning the Monli race.  The whole matter has be resolved, but now I have to redo the race.  I have been distracted to the point I forgot about the skeletons.

If any good came out of this, I will, at least, include the Venus body and any modified skeletons to the Monli's.  If all goes well, then I can use them for the Elins.  So in other words, I can get back to work on the skeletons including the belt-fastend quiver.

oh my that's not good! that's bad! i hope everything comes out alright though~ even if you don't figure out the belt fastened quivers i just hope the race itself can be salvaged ;w;

You are welcomed.

its not about my char, its NPC, anyway about sitting - i dont use usual furniture, but static objects + invisible char from furniture

its solves problem with Cots and scaled down Elins. Invisible char have some delta on z-axis, so no more clipping, also its gives some freedom in positioning.

well if scale property in NIF do same as record in CK - there no point to do anything with skeleton.

I am just removed "racetoscale" keyword from furniture that i am using and its works fine.

Have no idea why this flag exists anyway. To prevent clipping? scaled kid looks much worse then clipped into furniture mesh one.

@Uguu123

To rescale the whole skeleton, you need to change the SCALE value of the ROOT Node.

attachicon.gif1-Root Node - Location.JPG

If for some odd reason the skeleton shifts upward (floating) or down (clipping into the ground) then you will need to change the value for the z-position.  Locate the ROOT Node and in the window below, find TRANSLATION and double click on that line.  Change the value of the z-position to reshift the skeleton.

I doubt this will happen when rescaling the ROOT Node, but just in case.  The shifting will happen if you rescale the SPINE Nodes or the PELVIC Node.

Hi. So, if I'm correct, doing this will decrease the default height of all the Elin characters in the game, correct? But I'm having some problem locating the skeleton.nif file - There's no Monli folder in meshes/actor/character. I've installed the Elin mod, and never installed Monli. Could this be the reason?

@Uguu123

attachicon.gif1-Root Node - Location.JPG

Hi. So, if I'm correct, doing this will decrease the default height of all the Elin characters in the game, correct? But I'm having some problem locating the skeleton.nif file - There's no Monli folder in meshes/actor/character. I've installed the Elin mod, and never installed Monli. Could this be the reason?

Hello Sjb411

You do not need any of the Monli race files for the Elins.  The Elins at one time used assets from the Monli race, but no more.

Yes, by rescaling the skeleton, you are in fact changing their height, much like what is done to a race in CK.  The Skeleton.nif is found in Meshes > Actors > 2chelin Fix.

should I install RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard over the existing RaceCompatibility.esm include with Ein , this seems to be a new version of RaceCompatibility that has better support for DG vampire  and add some extra features from Better vampire mod?

I haven't gone through DG yet so I don't know about the bugs that custom race will encounter in DG , just want to know if it's safe to replace the existing one with that.

should I install RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard over the existing RaceCompatibility.esm include with Ein , this seems to be a new version of RaceCompatibility that has better support for DG vampire  and add some extra features from Better vampire mod?

I haven't gone through DG yet so I don't know about the bugs that custom race will encounter in DG , just want to know if it's safe to replace the existing one with that.

RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard still uses those PEX files,

CompanionHouseKeepingscript.pex

PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex

PlayerWerewolfChangeScript.pex

If you want to use that, then to avoid script errors you will need to remove these files that came with the Elins:

RaceCompatibility.bsa

RaceCompatibility.esm

GenericRaceController.pex  (in both the SCRIPT and SCRIPT > SOURCE folders)

Psyhomachina, do you know Papyrus?

i asked on bethesda forum, but no luck:

I have a custom race and i want to play only as werewolf.

usually for vampire/beast forms used racecompatibility.esm and scritps for it
i found some post on nexus about other/simple/wrong way:

For those of you who are interested, I have finished making my mod compatible with Dawnguard, my custom races can feed and transform into a Vampire Lord.

To do so with any custom race you have to find your actual races name in the Creation Kit and make sure it has a Vampire race as well. (i.e. BretonRace and BretonRaceVampire).

Amend the playervampirequest script in three locations to include the new races. There are three race checks which need amended by including the custom races.

To make your custom races capable of turning into werewolves, modify the companionhousekeeping script in two locations, where race checks occur. Beast Form should then work properly.

It is simply a matter of following the format of the original code and adding the missing information.

as i said i need only werewolf form, so i looked into companionhousekeeping.psc and found that this race check used only here :

PlayerOriginalRace = Game.GetPlayer().GetRace()
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Storing player's race as " + PlayerOriginalRace)

if (PlayerOriginalRace == ArgonianRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Argonian Vampire; storing as Argonian.")
PlayerOriginalRace = ArgonianRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == BretonRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Breton Vampire; storing as Breton.")
PlayerOriginalRace = BretonRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == DarkElfRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Dark Elf Vampire; storing as Dark Elf.")
PlayerOriginalRace = DarkElfRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == HighElfRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was High Elf Vampire; storing as High Elf.")
PlayerOriginalRace = HighElfRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == ImperialRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Imperial Vampire; storing as Imperial.")
PlayerOriginalRace = ImperialRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == KhajiitRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Khajiit Vampire; storing as Khajiit.")
PlayerOriginalRace = KhajiitRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == NordRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Nord Vampire; storing as Nord.")
PlayerOriginalRace = NordRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == OrcRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Orc Vampire; storing as Orc.")
PlayerOriginalRace = OrcRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == RedguardRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Redguard Vampire; storing as Redguard.")
PlayerOriginalRace = RedguardRace
elseif (PlayerOriginalRace == WoodElfRaceVampire)
; Debug.Trace("CSQ: Player was Wood Elf Vampire; storing as Wood Elf.")
PlayerOriginalRace = WoodElfRace
endif

so its check if current race is vampire form, but my custom race havent this form and will never use

so here questions:
1)if this check present, thats mean that player able to be werewolf and vampire?
2)if i dont need vampire form, i still need race variable in companionhousekeeping script?

Race Property ArgonianRace auto
Race Property ArgonianRaceVampire auto
Race Property BretonRace auto
Race Property BretonRaceVampire auto
Race Property DarkElfRace auto
Race Property DarkElfRaceVampire auto
Race Property HighElfRace auto
Race Property HighElfRaceVampire auto
Race Property ImperialRace auto
Race Property ImperialRaceVampire auto
Race Property KhajiitRace auto
Race Property KhajiitRaceVampire auto
Race Property NordRace auto
Race Property NordRaceVampire auto
Race Property OrcRace auto
Race Property OrcRaceVampire auto
Race Property RedguardRace auto
Race Property RedguardRaceVampire auto
Race Property WoodElfRace auto
Race Property WoodElfRaceVampire auto

Race Property MYSUPERRace auto

3)if yes, this property used somewhere outside this script?

4)if i dont need to have race property of my race in this script, i am able to play as werewolf with my custom race and without modifiyng vanilla scripts and without using thing like racecompatibility.esm?

thx for patience :)

@Uguu123

It's my understanding that the Race Compatibility scripts contain 2 lists: 1) vanilla + custom races, 2) vanilla + custom race vampires.  There are no race werewolves. 

The two lists must contain the race/race vampire and in the correct order or else there will be glitches when transforming. 

I'm thinking in the event you have vampirism and you choose to remove it by contracting lycanthropy, the script lists are used so that transforming from vampire to human works without glitching.  If you hear of someone saying when their Nord vampire reverts to human, they become an Orc.  This is because the Nord race and Nord race vampire are not in the correct order in the lists.  In this example, say, if the Nord race is listed 4th in one list and Nord vampire is listed 5th in the other list (Orc is listed 5th in the first list) then the Nord vampire transforms into an Orc.

I presume the same applies to when reverting from vampire to human or when transforming to and from beast form.

In summary, the 2 lists are needed to assure transformations (human > vampire > human (werewolf or not) or human > werewolf > human) execute with problems.

wait, all this dancing with racecompatibility is required because non-vanilla races is not in scripts or CK conditions in dialog/quest forms

dont how its critical, i am not sure that some changes really required

for example - game not crashing, quest continuing without problems on DB09GiannaPlayerRespond dialog

i added new condition and voice file (copied with new name from breton race) and all works fine. But looks like its nor really necessary :-/

my point is - if i want to play as werewolf only, i dont need modify anything and dont need this racecompatibility.esm (with his scripts) at all

i tested it with console, my char was able to be werewolf and return back.

only thing where i am not sure - is feeding.

from my quote, guy tell

To make your custom races capable of turning into werewolves, modify the companionhousekeeping script in two locations, where race checks occur. Beast Form should then work properly.

i looked into script and only place where checks is present is this one in post above.

but i dont need this check, since my custom race just havent vampire form and race for it.

nothing to check = nothing to change.

custom race have 100% resist to disease, so its impossible to become vampire without my will (i guess)

@Mistle

All races have a vampire race counterpart, but no werewolf.  Scripts play the part in flagging your character as a werewolf, vampire, or human.  If it's done in CK, I have not heard of it before.

@Uguu123

If your custom race is immune to vampirism and can transform into a werewolf and return to non-werewolf form without problems then there is no need to change any compatibility scripts.  In other words, if it's not broken, there is no need to fix it.

Is your custom race listed as one of the vanilla races?  If not, you still need the race compatibility files.  Certain quests that relies on the recognition of one of the vanilla races will become buggy or break. 

If your custom race is listed as one of the vanilla race then there is no need for the compatibility fix.

Example:  If the custom race, ygNord, is listed as Nord Race and Nord Race Vampire then a compatibility fix is not needed because they are really the Nord race (ygNord is merely the name of the mod), but because they are listed as ygNord Race and ygNord Race Vampire, they are considered non-vanilla and have need for the compatibility fix.

Is your custom race listed as one of the vanilla races

listed where? there some forms like RacesHuman, RaceElf and RacesBeast, according to CK they isnt used directly in dialogs/quests

only in scripts probably

in your example i found word "vampire" :), but i dont need this fixes and checks...

i just guess this whole racecompatibility requied only for supporting vampire form

if i dont need it, i probably able to make race, which not affecting any other and cant conflict with anything

head parts, skeleton, anything have his own path on disk and records in CK is independent from any other race

0 conflicts - my target.