Long time member, first time poster. About once a year I get the Skyrim itch, redo all my mods, and dive back in. Just found this mod yesterday and wanted to say it has greatly improved the game for me. Makes all the other adult mods substantially more immersive.

So I'm happy to see it's actively being supported/developed. Thanks Gristle! Keep up the good work!

On 3/27/2021 at 11:43 AM, ZombieAlex0 said:

Long time member, first time poster. About once a year I get the Skyrim itch, redo all my mods, and dive back in. Just found this mod yesterday and wanted to say it has greatly improved the game for me. Makes all the other adult mods substantially more immersive.

So I'm happy to see it's actively being supported/developed. Thanks Gristle! Keep up the good work!

No problem and thanks for the feedback. That was the goal - to tie the SL activity into the Skyrim world a bit more. I'm working on the next version with fame comments that can trigger SL events now.  It's seems like it's going to work well and fill in some of the gaps that I find exist in a typical set of SL mods. Let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts for improvement. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 6:35 PM, gnarlygag said:

So idk if this is supposed to happen or not, but when I test this mod on a character that has not had sex (or tattoos, devices, anything really) the NPCs still make comments like "I hear you like playing the flute" and etc.

Is that supposed to happen?

Hmm. The "playing the flute" comment is not a comment from this mod. In any event, the only comments you should get from this mod that do not arise from sex, tattoos, devices or skooma are comments based on being naked.

On 4/15/2021 at 11:04 PM, gnarlygag said:

Oh, what about the "You stupid cow" or "Look at her, she's as clueless as she is stupid"?         (I'm using SL Survival, that definitely might be the mod, but I wanna confirm).

No. Those don't come from this mod either. Basically, this mod doesn't have any insults that aren't directly related to SLSF fame categories.

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2021 at 6:51 AM, decaluka said:

I really like this mod. Are there any plans to use the new VA tools like SKVA Synth - xVASynth in order to voice the lines? I udnerstand that it would be very time consuming but thought I would ask anyway...

Thanks. I checked out SKVA Synth, and while it's a great program, it has some limitations, especially as applied to this mod. The biggest issue is that most of the general NPC dialogue lines in the mod could be spoken by just about any NPC in the game, which means creating an audio file for each of the voice types in Skyrim (24+ I think) multiplied by each of the general NPC dialogue lines (1500+ in the next version). That just doesn't seem doable by me. So, that leaves the followers. The last time I checked, they didn't have a voice pack for Faendal, but SKVA Synth could conceivably be used to voice the Serana and Mjoll dialogue lines. Still a lot of work, of course, as Serana alone has almost 1000 lines. Plus probably 200 more in the next version.

Anyway, I tried messing around with SKVA Synth for Serana, and while I could get her to say a few things OK, most of it sounded bad. As in bad enough to be immersion breaking. There just wasn't enough range in the SKVA Synth editing tool to create the pacing, tone and volume variations needed to convey a line properly. I'm sure someone good with Audacity or other tools could do a good job with some additional editing, but I certainly lack the skills.  I do want to give it another try though. As soon as I get out version 3.0, which will add hundred of fame comments that can trigger SL events, I'll probably turn back to playing with SKVA Synth again, but most likely just for Serana and Mjoll.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:49 AM, decaluka said:

@Gristle I see, thanks for the answer! Yeah, it would probably take way too much time and I heard too that the software is far from perfect

On 5/22/2021 at 4:21 AM, Gristle said:

Thanks. I checked out SKVA Synth, and while it's a great program, it has some limitations, especially as applied to this mod. The biggest issue is that most of the general NPC dialogue lines in the mod could be spoken by just about any NPC in the game, which means creating an audio file for each of the voice types in Skyrim (24+ I think) multiplied by each of the general NPC dialogue lines (1500+ in the next version). That just doesn't seem doable by me. So, that leaves the followers. The last time I checked, they didn't have a voice pack for Faendal, but SKVA Synth could conceivably be used to voice the Serana and Mjoll dialogue lines. Still a lot of work, of course, as Serana alone has almost 1000 lines. Plus probably 200 more in the next version.

Anyway, I tried messing around with SKVA Synth for Serana, and while I could get her to say a few things OK, most of it sounded bad. As in bad enough to be immersion breaking. There just wasn't enough range in the SKVA Synth editing tool to create the pacing, tone and volume variations needed to convey a line properly. I'm sure someone good with Audacity or other tools could do a good job with some additional editing, but I certainly lack the skills.  I do want to give it another try though. As soon as I get out version 3.0, which will add hundred of fame comments that can trigger SL events, I'll probably turn back to playing with SKVA Synth again, but most likely just for Serana and Mjoll.

here are the droids you are looking for...

have fun!

@Gristle
Given the issues with SLSF you mentioned, and given you seem to be quite familiar with how that mod works, wouldn't it be possible for you to create a patch for it that affects some of the issues? Such as only increasing exhibitionism when you're running around naked for a substantial time, only when outside etc., or as a radical limitation only in a non-wilderness environment?

The issue with visible devices is also a big bummer, since wearing a gag may be a sign of submissiveness, but not really of exhibitionism...

On 5/25/2021 at 8:42 AM, monty359 said:

here are the droids you are looking for...

have fun!

Wow! Interesting. Thanks, I'll definitely be downloading the SLSF Fame Comments voice pack and checking it out!   

On 5/25/2021 at 9:05 AM, OH1972 said:

@Gristle
Given the issues with SLSF you mentioned, and given you seem to be quite familiar with how that mod works, wouldn't it be possible for you to create a patch for it that affects some of the issues? Such as only increasing exhibitionism when you're running around naked for a substantial time, only when outside etc., or as a radical limitation only in a non-wilderness environment?

The issue with visible devices is also a big bummer, since wearing a gag may be a sign of submissiveness, but not really of exhibitionism...

That's a great idea, but my scripting skills are actually very limited. This is my first mod, and up until version 2.0 it didn't even use any scripts.  I'm learning a bit more working on version 3.0 (with fame events) but other than the MCM, which is pretty basic, it just uses script fragments attached to dialogue lines, so still pretty simple. But I'll try to take a look at the SLSF source and see if I can figure it out.

I tried recently to integrate SLACS with SLSF Fame Comments, and basically failed miserably as SLACS doesn't use global variables that I can easily test, and anything more is beyond me at this point. 

That said, I agree it would be nice to create a time delay before your PC starts picking up Exhibitionism fame, so brief exposures don't increase it. And I agree that it doesn't make sense that being bound with visible devices increases Exhibitionism fame.  As for inside versus outside, you can control that to some extent by turning down (or off) the fame accrued from friends and lovers. That would presumably at least fix being naked at home, places with friends, etc.  And, as for wilderness, that's already good. SLSF doesn't increase fame based on any activity outside the 24 settled areas where SLSF tracks fame, so you can run around the wilderness naked or bound or whatever all you want and it won't affect your SLSF fame anywhere.

I just found your mod and was reading the discussions when it occurred to me that no one brought up a mod that I think can connect to this so well.

The Public Whore mod.

I'm new to mods, but can both mods be used together so that working the streets gains you slsf fame?

21 hours ago, SilverFanng said:

I just found your mod and was reading the discussions when it occurred to me that no one brought up a mod that I think can connect to this so well.

The Public Whore mod.

I'm new to mods, but can both mods be used together so that working the streets gains you slsf fame?

Ideally, the Public Whore mod author would drop in a function to detect if SLSF is loaded and then another function (presumably triggered whenever a SexLab event occurs as a result of the Public Whore mod) to increment the "PC.Whore" fame in SLSF in the current location.  The SLSF author has provided some instructions on how to do that (see spoiler box below). I believe it would be easiest to do this from the whore mod side.  Same for the other prostitution mods, of course.

Here's the instructions that Versh left (somewhat cleaned up by me):

Spoiler

First, here is a quick function to check if SLSF is loaded:

Bool Function IsSLSFLoaded()

Int Check = Game.GetModByName("SexLab - Sexual Fame [SLSF].esm")

If Check != 255

Return Check as Bool

Else

Return False

EndIf

EndFunction

2.1 RequestFameModEvent

This will trigger a Fame gain event like those send by the SLSF itself. It will cause an Increase of PC FAME in the CURRENT location (if any) based on the SLSF Rules, using the preferences set in the MCM by the user.

The base calculation of gain is: 1 Point of Fame for each ActorNpc with LOS on the PC (or without LOS if distance under a MCM value) If the NPC passes a probability check based on the RelationshipRank with the PC (for example: lovers have 10% chance to add 1 point, enemies 100%, configurable in MCM).

Usage: Simple fame gain events; your mod does something that should cause fame gain? Here is a ready to use, already balanced function.          

Values:      

String TempBuffer

This is the name of the Global PapyrusUtil where you store the Fame type that should be gained from this event, with its MAX level. The Buffer gets cleared after use.

Float Multiplier

A generic multiplier of the fame gained from this event, for example 0.5 for 50% of what it would normally gain.              

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Function RequestFameModEvent(String Name, Int[] FameList, Float Multiplier)

String TempBuffer = "SLSF.BuffersToIncFame."+Name

StorageUtil.IntListCopy(None, TempBuffer, FameList)

Int Id = ModEvent.Create("SLSF_Request_CreateFameModEvent")

If (Id)

ModEvent.PushString(Id, TempBuffer)

ModEvent.PushFloat(Id, Multiplier)

ModEvent.Send(Id)

EndIf

EndFunction

Example:

Function IncreaseForWhipping()

Int[] FameList = New Int[20]

String Name = "Slaverun.Whipping"

Float Multiplier = 1.0

FameList[10] = 100        ;Increase PC.Masochist Max To 100

FameList[18] = 50          ;Increase PC.Submissive/Slave Max To 50

RequestFameModEvent(Name, FameList, Multiplier)

Obviously this should be called with the Property that identify this script

For Example SLSF.RequestFameModEvent(Name, FameList, Multiplier).

EndFunction

----------------------

FameList Chart PC|

----------------------

0  PC.Anal

1  PC.Argonian

2  PC.Beastiality

3  PC.Dominant/Master

4  PC.Exhibitionist/Exposed

5  PC.GentleLover

6  PC.Group

7  PC.Khajiit

8  PC.LikeMan

9  PC.LikeWoman

10 PC.Masochist

11 PC.Nasty

12 PC.Oral

13 PC.Orc

14 PC.Pregnant

15 PC.Sadic

16 PC.SkoomaUser

17 PC.Slut

18 PC.Submissive/Slave

19 PC.Whore

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, macnchz said:

what is the difference between the two versions?  sorry if im blind and old.. 

In version 2.1NS, the "NS" stands for "No Scripts," so that version doesn't have the only feature that relies on any scripts, which are the (very simple) fame-based quests in each of the hold capitals whereby the Jarl will warn you (by courier) if certain local SLSF fame type gets very high (typically slut fame, but it varies), and then if the applicable SLFC fame continues to increase, a guard encounter may put a bounty on you (and could lead to arrest, etc.). 

Otherwise version 2.1NS is the same as version 2.1, and both have all the same dialogue. The only reason 2.1NS exists is that some folks expressed a preference for a simpler, bulletproof, no-scripts version of the mod. 

17 minutes ago, Gristle said:

In version 2.1NS, the "NS" stands for "No Scripts," so that version doesn't have the only feature that relies on any scripts, which are the (very simple) fame-based quests in each of the hold capitals whereby the Jarl will warn you (by courier) if certain local SLSF fame type gets very high (typically slut fame, but it varies), and then if the applicable SLFC fame continues to increase, a guard encounter may put a bounty on you (and could lead to arrest, etc.). 

Otherwise version 2.1NS is the same as version 2.1, and both have all the same dialogue. The only reason 2.1NS exists is that some folks expressed a preference for a simpler, bulletproof, no-scripts version of the mod. 

For me it's that I like the dialog, but don't want to deal with constant bounties because of my typical subversive behavior :).  So I prefer the NS version. Please keep up the good work!

My only complaint is that very often followers/npcs with a good relationship with the player often say rude things - it can be a bit jarring when you feel the npc is close to you.  It would be nice if relationship (basic and slen) were taken into consideration.  In my haste to post I can't give you an example, but if you'd like, I can keep a log of what I notice over the coming weekend and give you a few later.

Thanks regardless, I do like the mod!

5 hours ago, km4387 said:

My only complaint is that very often followers/npcs with a good relationship with the player often say rude things - it can be a bit jarring when you feel the npc is close to you.  It would be nice if relationship (basic and slen) were taken into consideration.  In my haste to post I can't give you an example, but if you'd like, I can keep a log of what I notice over the coming weekend and give you a few later.

For all the failings of SLSF i didnt even notice this one yet. SLSF has sliders to change odds of gain fame based on NPC relationship. But once you have fame it doesnt differentiate between NPC relation anymore.  EDIT: What i mean to say is: This is SLSF fault, not this mod. And i see no easy way to fix it. With SLSF having so many design problems, best to just trash it and create a better replacement

Edited by bastardopfromhell
On 6/9/2021 at 11:22 PM, km4387 said:

Thanks regardless, I do like the mod!

Glad you like the mod. As for relationship rank, the mod does take that into account. It's not that sophisticated, but generally I place a relationship rank condition on the more negative comments so that NPCs with a relationship rank of 1+ (i.e., friends, confidants, allies and lovers) can't say them. And, there are other comments that are more sympathetic or friendly in nature that can only be said by NPCs with a relationship rank of 1+. Most NPCs you meet are relationship rank 0, so they will say insulting things until your relationship improves, either though quests or SLEN or otherwise. Also, priests won't say really cruel things. So, your friends shouldn't say anything jarring. If they are, either I've made a mistake or the comment does not come from this mod. So, yes, please keep a log, and please let me know if you spot any awkward comments at all. Happy to check and fix them.

As for followers, this mod does not generate any comments for followers, except for Faendal, Mjoll and Serana as followers. None of these use relationship rank, but each of these has his or her own set of custom comments that are (or should be) pretty specific to the character's personality. They don't say any of the standard NPC comments. Faendal's disposition is pretty even. He's more shocked and embarrassed then angry, but he will occasionally say something mean.  Mjoll's comments increase in friendliness as the PC's Lesbian fame increases. She also gets more sympathetic to the PC's wanton acts as that happens. Once the PC's lesbian fame in a location hits 45 or so, Mjoll's comments will get much more intimate.  (In the next version, Mjoll's "intimate" status will apply in all of Skyrim once triggered, but in 2.1 it has to be "earned" on a location-by-location basis.) As for Serana, similar for her, but her comments progress to friendliness, understanding and intimacy as the Dawnguard main quest progresses and is completed. 

On 6/10/2021 at 4:12 AM, bastardopfromhell said:

For all the failings of SLSF i didnt even notice this one yet. SLSF has sliders to change odds of gain fame based on NPC relationship. But once you have fame it doesnt differentiate between NPC relation anymore.  EDIT: What i mean to say is: This is SLSF fault, not this mod. And i see no easy way to fix it. With SLSF having so many design problems, best to just trash it and create a better replacement

I'm not sure I follow.  I understand what you are saying about the SLSF sliders that can make, for example, an enemy spread more bad rumors about your PC than a friend. And, once you have fame in an SLSF category/location, its just one number. But, as described in my post above, the SLSF Fame Comments mod then does use the NPCs relationship rank as a condition to include or exclude comments, so an NPCs relationship rank will have a big effect on the comments from that NPC that result from the SLSF fame. 

14 hours ago, Gristle said:

I'm not sure I follow.  I understand what you are saying about the SLSF sliders that can make, for example, an enemy spread more bad rumors about your PC than a friend. And, once you have fame in an SLSF category/location, its just one number. But, as described in my post above, the SLSF Fame Comments mod then does use the NPCs relationship rank as a condition to include or exclude comments, so an NPCs relationship rank will have a big effect on the comments from that NPC that result from the SLSF fame. 

I didnt know you mod already checks it. I made a mistake

3 hours ago, bastardopfromhell said:

Simple hackfix for SLSF exhibitionism: Option in your mod to disable exhibitionist comments? I mean original dev is gone and you dont know much scripting, so this is the easiest way?

Yeah, that would work, and is the easiest way, aside from the fact that it requires an MCM.  Also, two of the Jarl bounty quests tie into exhibitionism fame, so those would have to be disabled as well.  The next version will add an MCM (to enable or disable "fame events," including by fame type; it also allows you to disable the Jarl bounty quests). That version is pretty much done - just playtesting it now (tricky balance to get fame-based events to make sense).  But, I could look to put such an option in the following version. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

With the 'Scripts' version, should there be some scripts in the .7z?

There's just two files in the zip package: an .esp file and an .seq file. The scripts are all in the .esp file. 

Also, in version 2.1, there's no normal scripts, just script fragments attached to dialogue. In other words, nothing ever happens unless triggered by dialogue, which in turn is triggered by the relevant dialogue conditions.