TAG (Demo)

505009606_TAG1.1.0.jpg.b2f1bcdb7550e5fe2286efec544dcb24.jpg

Hey Guys!

TAG is a silly little game(demo) I made to teach myself a some game design. TAG is a first person adventure about you the player crashing your space ship on an alien planet inhabited by a sexy alien race determined to get their mitts on their rarest commodity. MEN! Can you find a way to repair your ship, or are you destined to spend your final days at their mercy?

Installation,

-Extract Zip file and run .exe

A couple of things to know,

-this game does not contain and actual sex(yet?), but does contain nudity.

-I'll update this project as I find better ways to do things and create more content.

-I've never made a game like this before and I'm just doing the best I can. I'll get better, I promise

Now lets see where this whole thing goes,

Hope you like it!

• 2 weeks later...

So essentially it's a good start, however, I have a few comments. 

First I'm not sure where you got up to in terms of development but I got stuck after I powered down all the orbs on the island and opened the door to the temple. Now the note that you pick up does specify that the temple is where you will find the key into the room with the queen in, however, I couldn't find anything after searching around for some time. I can't be certain if this is because of a scripting error if you just haven't finished that part yet. Idk maybe I'm just blind? I did also notice that a lot of the objects such as trees in the temple area are abundant of any form of collision and you do just clip through them. 

Second a mini map of the island could really help the player navigate the scenery. The geometry and set dressing gets a bit repetitive and so finding your bearings can be a bit tricky sometimes.

Last of all some sound effects and UI indicators could be really useful for when the player receives damage. I could only tell that I was being hurt by something by looking at my health bar to see if it was going down. Just adding a little grunt sound when the player takes damage and maybe a little bit of screen shake or something could really make it more responsive.

Other than that I had a fun time playing it. The concept is quite playful and me and my boy George had a good laugh at catching those girls panties. I hope you keep up the good work and don't take my criticisms of your project to heart.

Another thing I noticed that I forgot to add in my previous post. There seems to be a lack of optimization when ever you've been playing the game for an extended period of time. I'm not sure if this is the actual problem but I suspect it might to do with NPC actors. I ended up beating a load of the girls wearing the hoods and the little devil guys with the cute little butt cheeks and I noticed that their bodies remain on the ground and I think the game spawns in replacement actors. Perhaps as a tip instead of spawning in new actors to replace them you just code their knockdown state on a timer and have them return to roaming state. Could save on some optimization.

On 8/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, BigWinder said:

So essentially it's a good start, however, I have a few comments. 

First I'm not sure where you got up to in terms of development but I got stuck after I powered down all the orbs on the island and opened the door to the temple. Now the note that you pick up does specify that the temple is where you will find the key into the room with the queen in, however, I couldn't find anything after searching around for some time. I can't be certain if this is because of a scripting error if you just haven't finished that part yet. Idk maybe I'm just blind? I did also notice that a lot of the objects such as trees in the temple area are abundant of any form of collision and you do just clip through them. 

Second a mini map of the island could really help the player navigate the scenery. The geometry and set dressing gets a bit repetitive and so finding your bearings can be a bit tricky sometimes.

Last of all some sound effects and UI indicators could be really useful for when the player receives damage. I could only tell that I was being hurt by something by looking at my health bar to see if it was going down. Just adding a little grunt sound when the player takes damage and maybe a little bit of screen shake or something could really make it more responsive.

Other than that I had a fun time playing it. The concept is quite playful and me and my boy George had a good laugh at catching those girls panties. I hope you keep up the good work and don't take my criticisms of your project to heart.

I actually will take the criticisms to heart because I love to hear them. The only way I'll get better is to listen to those willing to let me know.

I was actually waiting to see if anyone cared enough about this project to continue but I've gotten such great feedback that its a definate

There are several of the things that you mentioned that work in the game on my end, such as a grunt when taking damage, so I'll need to figure out why they don't seem to work for anyone else

The game should basically play like this, so I hope it helps

power down the 5 spheres to unlock the temple

power down the sphere in the temple to open the door to the small island and fight the queen

defeat the queen and she unlocks the door in the temple

go thru the door and...

Again, thank you for your great feed back and I'm glad you and George enjoyed it

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 10:04 PM, fluke.s studios said:

Just put out an update!
Hopefully a bunch of things you wanted were fixed.

Still working on a save system, but for now you respawn back at the beginning when defeated, but don't lose any progress.

Check out here to see the other changes and there's still more to come

Hello sorry it took me a while to see this. I hadn't realized notifications were turned off.

I've just gone through version 1.3 this morning and I'm happy to say there's been a lot of improvements since v1.2.

Audio for taking damage now plays on my side

I can now trigger the queen battle which last time the queen just didn't spawn in despite meeting all the prerequisites.

Actor despawn has definitely improved engine optimization. Minimal frame drops on v1.3. (On v1.2 I was going down to 20fps on a 2070 super)

Slight comment about the new sky box. It is nice but I would suggest some slight atmospheric fog or a fade just to feather the bottom. Atm you can see a very obvious seam above the water. (Included a picture for reference) 

Other than that good work. Can't wait to see the next update.

Untitled.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Everyone!

So, I know it's been a while but I've been tinkering with the game. Well more like tearing it down to the foundation setting off some dynamite and rebuilding. I started with just wanting to improve upon the combat system but then one thing led to another and...

Lets call it a a whole new re-imagining of the game. I'm still working on a few things, but 1.1.0 should be released in the next few days (please, no more big hiccups)

Here are a few of the things to expect
-Redesigned map
-New combat systems
-New quests and puzzles
-All new animations (I know I'm not great, I'll get better)
-Updated look to Ferals and Soldiers

Check out some of the screenshots

TAG 01.jpg

TAG 02.jpg

TAG 03.jpg

TAG 04.jpg

TAG 05.jpg

TAG 06.jpg

TAG 07.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

YAY! It's finally here!

Remember 2 weeks ago when I said it would be released in a few days as long as there were no hiccups? Well that was dumb. I guess I must have angered the Unity gods or sumthin

Here is the newest build, it's got a bunch of changes and I hope you like them.

As always, it's not yet perfect but I'd love another round of feedback

Thanks for hanging in there!