OSex is the best sex mod so far: change my mind

So I saw that sexlab introduces new, interesting game mechanics for a sex playtrought, like the sex diary, addiction, and other things. Its configuration though, seemed quite complex and the UI wasn't really user-friendly. I tried a couple of animations, but I wasn't that amazed... On the other side, I found that OSEX had extraordinarily exciting animations and a user friendly UI and installation. However, for an actual playtrought, I thought that I need deeper mechanics in order to make it really immersive/interesting, so I started thinking about using sexlab. Flower girls is pretty interesting too but I think it has no advantages over OSex, and (just like OSex), it's not being updated anymore.

What do you think about that?

Furthermore, the only quest mod that I know integrating OSex is Amorous Adventures. For a sex playthrough, one quest mod is clearly not enough. Please tell me if you know other ways to integrate OSex into the game...

Thanks!

Hows them orgasms working out.

Secondly if you think OS animations are up to the quality and depth of 3jiou nibbles or nck, well I got plenty of c19 free arizona beachfront you can buy off me.

You want Skyrim to be sexually engaging you have to put in work; you act like saltshade and dewx and chevalier and anybody else who wants the community to fetish their fetish for free and with continued support without paying, welp good luck with that.

OS had obvious talent and drive, but he quit and that's the end of it.

That's really the big problem with OSex - there aren't enough mods that use it and allow you to integrate it into the game. What's there is very, very high quality, but you can probably see every animation it has to offer within fifteen minutes, and even within one scene if you really follow the different transition routes. Its alignments are also very specifically set up for enormous penis sizes, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Interestingly, I found it less user-friendly to get it up and running than SexLab - but that's perhaps because I'd been using SexLab for a while before OSex came along, so I'd become used to how it worked and anything different would have seemed a bit impenetrable at first. I did get the hang of it after a while, and greatly enjoyed my time with it. Ultimately though, I moved on when it became clear there wasn't going to be support from other authors and animators.

I've never tried Flower Girls, so I can't comment on that, but there are dozens - if not hundreds - of mods that utilize SexLab, and hundreds - if not thousands - of different animations covering all sorts of tastes and styles. If you get SexLab Animation Loader hooked up and install a few packs for it, the variety you can achieve is far and above what OSex can offer, despite its quality. The likes of Leito, Billyy and SirNibbles - and many others - have produced (and in many cases are still producing) some fantastic animations for SexLab.

A mod like SexLab Tools can also give you a decent amount of control of animations. You can switch to a different animation entirely with its pop-up menu, and I often combine that with disabling the auto-advance stage option in the SexLab MCM. It allows me to advance stages manually with the space bar, or go back a stage with shift+space, and switch animations. It's not quite the same as OSex, but you can run through lots of different animations to direct as complex a scene as you like.

It's really a shame OSex didn't catch on, because it was so promising, but if sex is going to play more than a passing role in a playthrough, I see SexLab as simply the much better choice.

7 hours ago, 27X said:

Hows them orgasms working out.

Secondly if you think OS animations are up to the quality and depth of 3jiou nibbles or nck, well I got plenty of c19 free arizona beachfront you can buy off me.

You want Skyrim to be sexually engaging you have to put in work; you act like saltshade and dewx and chevalier and anybody else who wants the community to fetish their fetish for free and with continued support without paying, welp good luck with that.

OS had obvious talent and drive, but he quit and that's the end of it.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, English is not my first language

7 hours ago, merManc said:

That's really the big problem with OSex - there aren't enough mods that use it and allow you to integrate it into the game. What's there is very, very high quality, but you can probably see every animation it has to offer within fifteen minutes, and even within one scene if you really follow the different transition routes. Its alignments are also very specifically set up for enormous penis sizes, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Interestingly, I found it less user-friendly to get it up and running than SexLab - but that's perhaps because I'd been using SexLab for a while before OSex came along, so I'd become used to how it worked and anything different would have seemed a bit impenetrable at first. I did get the hang of it after a while, and greatly enjoyed my time with it. Ultimately though, I moved on when it became clear there wasn't going to be support from other authors and animators.

I've never tried Flower Girls, so I can't comment on that, but there are dozens - if not hundreds - of mods that utilize SexLab, and hundreds - if not thousands - of different animations covering all sorts of tastes and styles. If you get SexLab Animation Loader hooked up and install a few packs for it, the variety you can achieve is far and above what OSex can offer, despite its quality. The likes of Leito, Billyy and SirNibbles - and many others - have produced (and in many cases are still producing) some fantastic animations for SexLab.

A mod like SexLab Tools can also give you a decent amount of control of animations. You can switch to a different animation entirely with its pop-up menu, and I often combine that with disabling the auto-advance stage option in the SexLab MCM. It allows me to advance stages manually with the space bar, or go back a stage with shift+space, and switch animations. It's not quite the same as OSex, but you can run through lots of different animations to direct as complex a scene as you like.

It's really a shame OSex didn't catch on, because it was so promising, but if sex is going to play more than a passing role in a playthrough, I see SexLab as simply the much better choice.

All right, the Sexlab tools thing seems very interesting, I’m definitely going to check it out. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!

7 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

There is a new mod called Sexlab out now? ?

With various awesome animations? ?

With lot of mods that are connected to it to make Skyrim more interesting? ?

How could I miss that? ?

Yes man, that’s the main mod from this site... and it's not new, it's about 7 years old ahah

check it out 

8 hours ago, firepunch1 said:

I'd compare OSex to SSE. Easier to setup and use than Sexlab with 200+ plugins, but you're severely limiting your options. Also it is WAY too vanilla for my tastes, boring!

Do you mean that SSE is limited in some way? I don’t know I own LE but I mod SSE and I never felt limited

I tried to mod LE once but... no esp-fe? Ahah

12 hours ago, sos_tabasco said:

OSex was good on its own, and it had an enormous potential.

Hide contents

verge.jpg

Ahaha yes I agree I wish someone will take it up again or that CEO will come back

• 4 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 3:21 PM, Élite Lover said:

So I saw that sexlab introduces new, interesting game mechanics for a sex playtrought, like the sex diary, addiction, and other things. Its configuration though, seemed quite complex and the UI wasn't really user-friendly. I tried a couple of animations, but I wasn't that amazed... On the other side, I found that OSEX had extraordinarily exciting animations and a user friendly UI and installation. However, for an actual playtrought, I thought that I need deeper mechanics in order to make it really immersive/interesting, so I started thinking about using sexlab. Flower girls is pretty interesting too but I think it has no advantages over OSex, and (just like OSex), it's not being updated anymore.

What do you think about that?

Furthermore, the only quest mod that I know integrating OSex is Amorous Adventures. For a sex playthrough, one quest mod is clearly not enough. Please tell me if you know other ways to integrate OSex into the game...

Thanks!

It's like setting up a flight simulator... "dropping the mike".

• 3 weeks later...

Because it's super hard to animate the way CE0 did. Anyway nexus user sairion350 author of ostim and osearch allowed for sexlab animation porting and more