I hate EA, please join me.

Airock

Oh I love these kind of threads!

With that out of the way, I always find petitions to be hilarious, more often than not they never work. For every person signing a petition and thinking they're going to make some huge industrial change, there's hundreds upon thousands of others still buying Call of Duty, still buying some sports game EA published, still buying Mass Effect or Dragon Age. These little piddly complaints don't even register on the corporate scale compared to what they're still rolling in.

Yes, EA does some shady business, everyone knows, even they know it, but the second they put out Generic First Person Shooter they're raking in money again and no one gives two flying ducks. I personally don't mind EA, I understand that, in the end, they are a business and businesses are out to make money, anyone saying otherwise is a dirty liar.

Twisting what Lodakai said, time and energy would be better wasted on something else as opposed to throwing two cents against the tide of dollars.

No offence dear...

But one of the reason why so many didin't puchase DA2 and at some point bioware had to GIFT it with mass effect 2 to ship some of Da2 copy is because people were angry at them for the changes they made at the series....

STILL today... i play morrowind and i love the feeling i get when i explore around Vvanderfel.. doing the quest talking with people even doing the mainquest i think that game have one of the most briliant writing around..

EA and Bioware now are just releasing interactive sitcom filled witch cinematic and stupid situation to sell them after as RPG...

I still remember the old bioware...

Baldur's gate saga

Icewind dale saga...

Neverwinter nights saga

And the awesome planescape torment....

They forced bioware to release crap.. bioware founders left.. And the backlash on the release of DA2, KOTOR, Mass Effect 3 was so huge that they lost a LOT of money.... Just look at their economic situation to make an idea...

Don't understimate the factor of reputation...when the reputation is down is easy people buy less and less and less

On the other side we have cd project red..

A company that makes RPG in the right old manner... Taking their time to implement and fix not rushing and not afraid to do a delay if they are not statisfate...

They become popular in a game that used the OLD nwn1 engine... And look what monsters are they now....

TW3 will be more popular than the witcher 2...

I was one of the people complaining in the forum bioware when the devs claiming them like "oh we don't want unrealistic crap in dragon age 2 that' why two wield warrior in full plate isn't in da2" then my answer "so you claim a full armored dual wielding warrior unrealistic and then you show game fotage where hawke swing his two handed sword jumping 4 meter forward at the speed of light?"

The problem with bioware and ea is just this... They LOST all the credibility they have.... they still have the call of duty kids right...but that's a humanity fault....

I mean is not so much smart spend 60 bucks for a game that contain like 13 maps and it's a corridor shooter... A game where the sequels if you examine them well don't have ANY new contents.. just stupid cinematics stuff and a bunch of map where people shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot...

EA has been destroying games for a long time now. So far they've managed to wipe out basically all my older favorite game franchises. SimCity I think was my all time favorite and that's been dead since EA got it. I'd love to say they destroyed Bioware but Bioware did that to itself by getting involved with EA. I remember Bioware devs vociferously defending the move. Those same devs ended up leaving Bioware within a year of the change. I caught up with one some years later online and it was as I suspected originally: couldn't take working for EA. :dodgy: Still they had no real excuse as they were in the industry and should have known better.

In fact, EA really just strives for more BAD games. SimCity for instance: each new version the city gets smaller and the game has less features. Bioware's games: less choice, less options, less story, less everything. It's just amusing now. If this continues, eventually all EA releases will be less sophisticated than the original Pong. And not 1/8 as fun! :angel:

See this spot on the digital doll? EA stuck a combat knife there, doused it in gasoline and set it on fire.

Also, Ray:

RayBlue:

• photo-thumb-95254.jpg?_r=1361937605
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,092 posts

It's funny that despite the heavy criticism they have yet to be slapped with an anti-trust charge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My decade in Mexico has taught me that money can buy many things it should not be able to buy.

As much as I hate crappy games, I still think robbing people of their savings is far more deserving of the award "Worst Company". 

Robbing people of their savings? You m ean like loving Sims 3 and hoping even half of it would function without NRAS, Then being really sad when world adventures just plain wont' work even wit hout all the custom content you paid big bucks for? I figure I paid around 250 bucks towards Sims 3 and the game doesnt function even half as well as New Vegas did out of the box. I can make shit work, but having to mod in the items from world adventures is crap.  Still cant go to any other country without 50% chance of CTD.  EA are crooks in so many ways it's not even funny,

Edit: Sorry I was being silly.  It doesn't count when you buy something and don't get what the box says you'll get.  It only counts if you're a rich celebrity and Bernie borks you.

As much as I hate crappy games, I still think robbing people of their savings is far more deserving of the award "Worst Company". 

It's true that there are plenty of companies who deserve the title more, companies that are actively screwing people over for more than just a 60 bux purchase, and who are actively contributing to making this world a much worse place.

But on the other hand, how do i know this? Because that information is easilly avalible to me, i need only watch the evening news or read a paper to learn most of this stuff. Goldman Sachs, BP, you name it and we've all heard it, everyone has.

So perhabs it's not such a bad thing that a company like EA gets an award like this (again), because outside of core gamers who follow gaming news, most people actually aren't aware of the bull EA and publishers like them are pulling on a routine basis.

Videogames have become a huge industry, it's making more money than Hollywood and the music industry combined, tons more, it's not at all a small and unimportant industry anymore. But it's also the wild west as far as consumer rights and predatory buisness practices goes (so much shit that woulden't fly anywhere else, in any other industry, is common practice in this one), current laws and lawmakers just aren't fit for purpose in this digital age we've blundered into now.

So look at the bright side, perhabs if EA keeps getting Golden Poo's, it could be more likely to affect positive change than if other terrible companies like Goldman Sachs got it. Atleast it may help spread awareness of an issue that a lot of people are ignorant of.

BoA would give 0 fucks getting said award, along with every other company on the bracket.

Except EA, whom made a big deal out of a silly internet poll that wouldn't change anything in the first place.

I really don't care, EA has made/published good games and they make good sports games if you're into that stuff.

oh indeed... until people puchase a new FIFA and realize is just the same game released just changing the name of the players in a team......Imagine if that happen....

Wait.....

THat already happened! XD

• 3 weeks later...

-snip

It's true that there are plenty of companies who deserve the title more, companies that are actively screwing people over for more than just a 60 bux purchase

-snip

60 bucks? Gaming addicts like myself pay a lot more than that for their services and don't get what we paid for. 

I spent around 300 buck on RIFT, and got every thing I paid for.

I spent around the same on the Sims 3. I got broken shit and they never fixed it. World adventures does not friggin'  work.  A zillion other glitches exist within t heir addons as well. ( I can fix most of them with NRASS or my own mods, but WA, no dice.) When a company charges what they do for dlc THEY SHOULD PROPERLY PATCH IT. Sorry, I rarely use caps, but EA are crooks.

But hey at least no one felt ripped off about ME 3, too...

Despite the gigantic fun many of their games provide, I will no longer play their shit.  I don't install Spore ME shit or Sims stuff anymore.  I can't do so with a clear conscience.

Edit: Oh, I also forgot how broken the first version of DA1 bought was.  I had to get a fricking cracked .exe because the russian crooks fixed the shit before they did.  But hey, EA's legit.  No problems there

I don't disagree mojodajojo, i think they are crooks, and a terrible company, both twords the consumers and twords their own employee's and studios. I also feel that they are a driving force steering this industry into very dangerous waters that may have serious consequences later on for games as a viable market, all in the name of shortsighted greed.

I also made it very clear that giving them these awards may be a good thing, even if they might not be the worst evil in this world, because it may help raise awareness about an industry that is in dire need of some restraint, and which routinely violate common cunsumer-right's laws because said laws are outdated, so they can.

But that's as far as it goes i'm afraid. Nobody put a gun to your head and made you spend those 300 bux on an entertainment product, there are far worse things happening in this world than that. There are companies profeteering off of the human missery of developing nations, who make their money from crashing the economies of other nations and sending them into chaos (see the trouble in Greece and Iceland for that one), who are actively pulling the strings that send nations into civil unrest and even war. EA is a very small fish in this tank of sharks my freind..

I don't disagree mojodajojo, i think they are crooks, and a terrible company, both twords the consumers and twords their own employee's and studios. I also feel that they are a driving force steering this industry into very dangerous waters that may have serious consequences later on for games as a viable market, all in the name of shortsighted greed.

I also made it very clear that giving them these awards may be a good thing, even if they might not be the worst evil in this world, because it may help raise awareness about an industry that is in dire need of some restraint, and which routinely violate common cunsumer-right's laws because said laws are outdated, so they can.

But that's as far as it goes i'm afraid. Nobody put a gun to your head and made you spend those 300 bux on an entertainment product, there are far worse things happening in this world than that. There are companies profeteering off of the human missery of developing nations, who make their money from crashing the economies of other nations and sending them into chaos (see the trouble in Greece and Iceland for that one), who are actively pulling the strings that send nations into civil unrest and even war. EA is a very small fish in this tank of sharks my freind..

That fact that you even made that comparison in the first place should tell you something lol.......

The it could be worse mentality will help absolutely no one and should not be used as a way to basically enable this type of behavior to continue. 

I agree with some of your points though.

That fact that you even made that comparison in the first place should tell you something lol.......

The it could be worse mentality will help absolutely no one and should not be used as a way to basically enable this type of behavior to continue. 

I agree with some of your points though.

How am i enabling it?

Have i not made it clear enough that i loathe EA as a company? That i am actively boycutting their products since years now because of this, and gladly recommend others to do the same? And that i support legislative measures that will prevent companies like EA from screwing over consumers as they currently do? I felt i made that fairly clear..

But that doesen't mean i'm blind to the fact that there exists even worse companies in this world.

Archived