Sims4 Nifty Knitting stuff pack the lowest of the lowest

12 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

It's not a EA fail this time, this is what some users have chosen.

I doubt it in almost every single sims 4 forums people is angry about this disappointing pack. Even people which voted this.  I don’t remember such lack of effort in to create new content for a game studio,  with a lot of staff and money to do content. This destroyed people hope for sims 4  good content on this year. No horses no cars for sure. 

29 minutes ago, NaturalBornLosers said:

i havent really looked into it but, i feel it could be neat but also knitting should have been its own thing in the base game, not a whole dlc. i know it was voted in but seriously, could EA have not just added it in an update? the pack better have some good extras that made it actually worth putting it behind some pay wall.

I agree. I did not vote for this Pack when they was making choices about what the pack should be, I came into the voting after that part. Some of the sample concept art they was allow use to choose from looked great. A lot of furniture and other build/buy objects. I do not have ECO so I do not know how well it is. I do know they made a HUGE blunder with it via the NAP part of the expansion pretty much breaking the game and not allow you to do anything but what THEY wanted your Sims to do. A Bloody nightmare by what I read in reviews.

I what I would LOVE to see is a World Pack. Basic 3 to 5 worlds like Newcrest with like 20 to 30 lots in each. Empty lots, a LOT of empty lots for building with maybe a Park already laid out, and maybe 1 or 2 houses but that's it, the rest just empty lots. Each world would add new build/buy items in line with the World theme.

Pine Meadows - Pine trees of all types, Rugged mountion style furniture.

Oak Grove - Oak's, Bluegrass county style of build/buy objects.

Old Town - Victorian styles come to mind. Or maybe old the South. And OLD WORLD stone. I once lived in the Azores in a rock house with 3 foot thick outer walls.

Tumbleweed Draw - Think OLD WEST, rundown, tumbledown, half abandond ramshackle slap together. Hot and dry most of the year with a rainy season that makes the dry creeks run.

Dry Glutch - Think Southwestern old school spanish style. Hot and dry most of the year with a rainy season that makes the dry creeks run.

For game play additions, maybe a snow rink for ice skating. Old mine shafts to explore which might lead to hidden lots. New collectables. (Metals and Crystals). New wood working crafts. Old school photogafy including developing your film in a darkroom. An actual grocery Store Venue and Pharmacy. Maybe even a working soda fountion for making Ice Cream Floats.

5 minutes ago, simhead666 said:

IMHO this is a ridiculous idea for paid DLC...But, assuming it actually works, it will be better than Eco Life, because that thing's properly f**ked!

We'll see. It might turn out to be an ok Pack, so long has things work has they are suppose too. I'm liking the idea of the on-line craft sale part of it. It suppose to work with any craftable item, not just the knitting part. I am also liking the idea of rocking chairs. I miss my rockers from TS3. Now hopefully someone will come up with a breast feeding mod like the one I had in TS3.

I really wanted "Happy Haunts" (I think that's what it was called. ?) because it had the Grim Reaper job you could do and a couple of other things, but this was a second option for me.  I think it'll be cool with some of the objects your Sims could make, but everything else is just, well, okay.  

Maybe it'll be better than what they presented in the trailer. Who knows? ?‍♀️

16 minutes ago, venus67 said:

I really wanted "Happy Haunts" (I think that's what it was called. ?) because it had the Grim Reaper job you could do and a couple of other things, but this was a second option for me.  I think it'll be cool with some of the objects your Sims could make, but everything else is just, well, okay.  

Maybe it'll be better than what they presented in the trailer. Who knows? ?‍♀️

OOOOO, Happy Haunts sounds interesting.

17 minutes ago, venus67 said:

I really wanted "Happy Haunts" (I think that's what it was called. ?) because it had the Grim Reaper job you could do

That would have made the Terry Pratchett fans happy.

Come to think of it, this pack is going to have to be pretty crap to compete with My First Pet Stuff or Spooky Stuff...Utter dross the pair of 'em!

12 minutes ago, simhead666 said:

That would have made the Terry Pratchett fans happy.

Come to think of it, this pack is going to have to be pretty crap to compete with My First Pet Stuff or Spooky Stuff...Utter dross the pair of 'em!

Spooky Stuff is okay. My First Pet Stuff should have been with C and D, not a completely separate pack.  But Sims/EA is trying to milk this for all its worth, so what else is new?

33 minutes ago, venus67 said:

Maybe it'll be better than what they presented in the trailer. Who knows?

Yeah, because you know how you get certain expectations, and EA is always pleasantly surprising you by surpassing those expectations. Who knows? Maybe this will be the one that does.

20 minutes ago, simhead666 said:

Never estimate EA's ability to surpass your lowest expectations. I'd bet even the people who wanted knitting will be at least partially disappointed.

At the moment ALL Sims 4 packs are on sale. It's only 33% off (with Access discount), where the 2 Stuff Packs I do not have is both 55% off with Access discount. <growls> I SO wish I had the funds to get those two. (Tiny Living & Kids Room) In the past I do not know how many months I have manage to go from the Digital Deluxe & Outdoor Retreat to everything but the 3 listed earlier.

14 hours ago, Elsalovescocaine said:

I bet this got the main adward of the worst pack on sims games era.

I think My First Pet Stuff still holds the award for the worst pack in sims games era :joy:

I actually did vote for arts & crafts, with the ghost hunter pack being a very close second for me; but I won't lie, I was a little disappointed by the trailer. But I think it would have been more better if all arts & crafts was released as one pack - and I would like to see an expansion pack dedicated to the supernatural, with the ghost hunter and grim reaper career and the seance table and all of that. Whether that will happen, I don't know.

I do hold out hope that the pack will be better than what was shown in the 1 min trailer.

14 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Yeah, because you know how you get certain expectations, and EA is always pleasantly surprising you by surpassing those expectations. Who knows? Maybe this will be the one that does.

Never estimate EA's ability to surpass your lowest expectations. I'd bet even the people who wanted knitting will be at least partially disappointed.

And I thought I was jaded :p But I completely agree with you.

But at least I cant really complain that it is going to be worse than the equivalent pack in Sims 3, like I usually do, since I dont remember this awesome feature being in there.

I'm not so sure Knitting will be the worst considering EA's track record so far.

Just when you think things couldn't possibly get any worse... they do :(

Money Grab, yup, Stuff Packs are easy money and cheaper to produce IMO.

Eco Lifestyle is about garbage. My First Pet Stuff is actually garbage. They took all the left over garbage that didn't make it into Cats & Dogs and called it a Stuff Pack.

- Hamsters that your kids can't even play with.

- Hair that didn't fit the motif of the Cats & Dogs EP.

- Crappy kids furniture (crappier than the regular stuff).

- Clothing with cats and dogs (in a pack about hamsters), that wasn't good enough to make the cut.

- Clothing for cats and dogs (even though you might not own that EP), that missed the deadline.

Nifty Knitting may be more stupid, but it's doubtful it will be worse. Doubtful, but not impossible.

EDIT: Stupid;

"Did somebody mention a new Metal music station? We did! Sims listening to Metal feel Energized and gain bonuses to Knitting while they listen—so don’t be alarmed if you see your Sim jamming on an air guitar."

I can't tell you how often I've listened to Metal, and felt so energized, I had the urge to knit.

This is just further proof that the series just isn't made to appeal to those that played and liked the previous games. If this pack got in because of a vote then that seals the deal, assuming that's the truth. We've gotta face facts boys and girls, this game is marketed and targeted to teenage girls and tweens, if you find yourself outside of that range and still enjoy all the hippie shit they've been pushing out lately then consider yourself an outlier. I'm not knocking those that enjoy it, I just want to know who wants expansions about cleaning up the environment and stuff packs about knitting. There's so many more interesting things they could make, especially in a game about building houses and let's be real here, about the only thing left with any depth in 4 is the building aspect. This is making them money though, remember that, knitting expansions, expansions about going Green/cleaning up the ocean, stuff packs for expansions, all of it is making enough of a profit that they've had no need to stop or change course. I find it amusing when I see someone say "I can't wait until sims 5 comes out, 4 sucks!" thinking to myself, who do you think will make it?

Gotta say it's really hard to see what the series has become when I think back to the first game. Hopefully Paralives can give us something that ""Maxis"" can't.