Regarding Bethesda mod conversions

Based on what i have played, Skyrim has the most developed scripted event mods and NPC interaction enhancements. Then Fallout  4.

New Vegas and Fallout 3 have also been modded in recent years but not as much as the other two. However, all of them have some very specific things in common - Multiple Armor/clothing conversions, Weapon conversions etc of some specific game, are easily available for use in some another game of the same company (Bethesda) so we can experience a sort of crossover between different games.

Yet, one thing that clearly lacks and is rare to find solution of is, converting scripted mods/npc interactions of one game, for example Skyrim or Fallout 4, to be used in New Vegas or Fallout 3.

However, scripted mods should be relatively easy to convert for use in a different game.

Like for example, i have converted some Oldrim sexlab mods, into Skyrim SE supported versions by using Creation kit. I read somewhere that if a script mod has no plugin then 99.9% of times, it can be installed in SSE as-it-is. If it has plugin, then that can be easily made SSE compatible with Creation Kit.

On the above basis, i believe the same thing should be possible for converting scripted mods of Fallout series.

Therefore, mods like M.C.G. https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/8744-aaf-mcg-extended-social-interactions/ ) created by anghelos92 for Fallout 4, with suitable adjustments, should also be usable in Fallout 3 or New Vegas since basically they mostly focus on relation development between player and NPC around him only.

Previously, i saw some thread about converting Skyrim mods to Fallout. But compared to that, converting one Fallout game scripted mod for another Fallout game has to be actually doable. 

How about it ?

Neh. A lot of records are repurposed between different games, or its usage is just different. There might be different script extender functions that behave differently, or are not present at all for certain games. So it really seems like a bad idea. You can't just paste some Skyrim mod into Fallout ad expect it to work properly.

25 minutes ago, nwxs said:

Like for example, i have converted some Oldrim sexlab mods, into Skyrim SE supported versions by using Creation kit. I read somewhere that if a script mod has no plugin then 99.9% of times, it can be installed in SSE as-it-is. If it has plugin, then that can be easily made SSE compatible with Creation Kit.

You're doing some good placebo tasks here. All you're doing by re-saving plugins in CK is changing the file header from form 43 to form 44 in the case of a LE plugin re-saved with the CK for Skyrim SE. There is no evidence at all that doing this has any benefit, the records that changed between form 43 and 44 are very few and specific (for example to control the how water flow). Way more important is the proper conversion of other resource files, like animations, textures or meshes that require a new format to be used properly in the new game.

21 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Neh. A lot of records are repurposed between different games, or its usage is just different. There might be different script extender functions that behave differently, or are not present at all for certain games. So it really seems like a bad idea. You can't just paste some Skyrim mod into Fallout ad expect it to work properly.

Nope, which is why i am looking for tools and tutorials like - [HowTo] Porting Mods from Fallout 3 to New Vegas (Or Back again) 

Same logic should be valid for converting script mods of Fallout 4 to New Vegas or Fallout 3.

You're doing some good placebo tasks here. All you're doing by re-saving plugins in CK is changing the file header from form 43 to form 44 in the case of a LE plugin re-saved with the CK for Skyrim SE. There is no evidence at all that doing this has any benefit, the records that changed between form 43 and 44 are very few and specific (for example to control the how water flow). Way more important is the proper conversion of other resource files, like animations, textures or meshes that require a new format to be used properly in the new game.

That's coz only Skyrim has a special version. Of course since it is from Skyrim to Skyrim (similar games) compared to Skyrim to Fallout, (different games), naturally its better to focus  on converting mods between Fallout series games or between Skyrim games only.

Thus, basically my query is how to proceed with making a script mod that is less than 50 MB to become usable in Fallout 3 or Vegas. As i have mentioned above - i am trying to convert mods like M.C.G. that facilitate ( extended social interactions ), for New Vegas or Fallout 3.

1 hour ago, nwxs said:

Nope, which is why i am looking for tools and tutorials like - [HowTo] Porting Mods from Fallout 3 to New Vegas (Or Back again) 

FO3 and FO NV were released in quick succession, so there was little to no technical differences in the development phase and most system are similar enough to allow such mod compatibility.

FO4 is an entirely different story, there have been years of changes to the same old engine, but still changes. FO4 even made the jump to 64bits architecture. What you're looking for is not impossible, but also not so straightforward as to take file A, process it with a couple of tools and make it compatible with X game. It would require some sort of rework or complete rewrite of certain parts for sure. Otherwise you would find such guides and enough resources and tools should be available by now, given that FO3/NV are ~10 years old games with enough modding documentation around. If you're so willing to work on this I'd recommend you to contact the author of that mod and ask him yourself to see what would be the best method to do it. 

1 hour ago, nwxs said:

That's coz only Skyrim has a special version. Of course since it is from Skyrim to Skyrim (similar games) compared to Skyrim to Fallout, (different games), naturally its better to focus  on converting mods between Fallout series games or between Skyrim games only.

My comment was purely about your described procedure to port things from Skyrim to Skyrim SE. if the only thing you're doing is resaving the plugin in CK, you're doing effectively  nothing.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your assumptions are so far off base that they are downright silly.  

Oblivion/Fallout 3/FNV use TES script.

Skyrim/FO4 use Papyrus.

The two sets of games do not share skeletons, meshes or anything else for that matter.  So to convert anything means you are going to be spending a fuckton of time.  Why in the hell do you think it is taking so long to do morroblivion and skyblivion?  Hell, you can't even move animations from oblivion to fallout 3/FNV.  God knows we tried.  You can move things fairly easily from FO3 to FNV.  That is about it.  Sorry.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, just make mods for the game you want with the tools that exist for that game.  Every single Beth game has a sex mod, so what is the point of any of this?  I'm not trying to rain on your parade.  I'm just trying to give you a dose of reality.  

On 7/12/2020 at 4:49 AM, gregathit said:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your assumptions are so far off base that they are downright silly.  

Oblivion/Fallout 3/FNV use TES script.

Skyrim/FO4 use Papyrus.

You didn't got my point did you ? okay, i'll state it as simply as possible -

Between porting Fallout 4 mods to earlier Fallout games and, just trying to mod way too buggy, laggy and waste of a survival game, which is more practical ?

The two sets of games do not share skeletons, meshes or anything else for that matter.  So to convert anything means you are going to be spending a fuckton of time.  Why in the hell do you think it is taking so long to do morroblivion and skyblivion?  Hell, you can't even move animations from oblivion to fallout 3/FNV.  God knows we tried.  You can move things fairly easily from FO3 to FNV.  That is about it.  Sorry.

How ridiculous~ whoever said anything about skeleton, meshes or anything else for that matter ? another thing - i don't wanna fry my graphics so morroblivion and skyblivion are not my concern. No matter how much money one spends on PC improvement, there is a limit to everything. Why do i have to play such buggy game when all i am curious about is that small mod that is only made for this game and not for other fallout games. With the concept of porting mods getting popular, there's nothing wrong with trying atleast basic script mods. Even mods that simply make NPC talk intimately without any over-the-top sex stuff are fine. Besides, there are so many sex mods already so that's pointless for me. 

Rather than reinvent the wheel, just make mods for the game you want with the tools that exist for that game.  Every single Beth game has a sex mod, so what is the point of any of this?  I'm not trying to rain on your parade.  I'm just trying to give you a dose of reality.  

Again i'll repeat, not looking for sex mods, rather, some mods offering to increase chat options with NPC in New Vegas or Fallout 3 would be more than enough (if porting fails that is).

5 minutes ago, nwxs said:

You didn't got my point did you ? okay, i'll state it as simply as possible -

Between porting Fallout 4 mods to earlier Fallout games and, just trying to mod way too buggy, laggy and waste of a survival game, which is more practical ?

No, I still don't get your point.  Fallout 4 is far more stable than FO3/FNV.  I can see porting from the earlier to the latest, sure.  However the scripting language, and pretty much everything else is different so it won't work.  You'd need to create very complex tools.  Anything can be done, but I don't know that the payoff would be worth it.

7 minutes ago, nwxs said:

How ridiculous~ whoever said anything about skeleton, meshes or anything else for that matter ? another thing - i don't wanna fry my graphics so morroblivion and skyblivion are not my concern. No matter how much money one spends on PC improvement, there is a limit to everything. Why do i have to play such buggy game when all i am curious about is that small mod that is only made for this game and not for other fallout games. With the concept of porting mods getting popular, there's nothing wrong with trying atleast basic script mods. Even mods that simply make NPC talk intimately without any over-the-top sex stuff are fine. Besides, there are so many sex mods already so that's pointless for me. 

In your OP you clearly talked about clothing and weapons conversions.  I merely was pointing out this has been tried and didn't work.  And for the record, morroblivion and skyblivion aren't going to have any more frame hit than FO4 or Skyrim.  I don't know why you think they would, but they won't.  Again, you didn't clarify what you were really after, I was just pointing out what has been tried and what the result was.

12 minutes ago, nwxs said:

Again i'll repeat, not looking for sex mods, rather, some mods offering to increase chat options with NPC in New Vegas or Fallout 3 would be more than enough (if porting fails that is).

If you said that I missed it.  You'd be better off looking for or creating mods that increase dialogue than trying to port anything.  For starters, porting isn't legal.  So even if you did all the work, you can't post it and neither can anyone else.  That right there puts a damper on things and is why there aren't a ton of folks doing it.  I'm trying to help you here so you don't waste a lot of your time.  However, you are free to do whatever you like.

Here is one that was started but not finished for FO3:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/22759

Here are a couple for FNV:  https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46657/ 

and https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40082/?

It is often much easier to modify an existing mod, as you can see how the original was set up and it provides a template showing you how it works.

Porting will require that you already know this as you'll have nothing to go off of if it fails.  You won't know why it fails or how to fix it unless you are an experienced modder.

Hope this helps.  

Cheers,

Greg

On 7/12/2020 at 4:20 AM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

My comment was purely about your described procedure to port things from Skyrim to Skyrim SE. if the only thing you're doing is resaving the plugin in CK, you're doing effectively  nothing.

Not quite. Bodyslide and Outfit studio modding, adding HDT and so on, are not a cakewalk you' know.  I do not to focus on heavy stuff since that's what experienced programmers do. As a general enthusiast, i focus on saving time, resources and money. I Got New Vegas for quite cheap and is the only Fallout game i played till near end. I like  Goodsprings the most but the lack of interaction between NPC'S and the player is not how it should be.... The courier(player) should be given option to date Trudy or that gun lady with dog. At the very least i want to find a mod or tutorial to make them to chat with courier on different topics and then based on his answers, decide to become live-in partners since that's more common and easier as the location is based in America.

20 hours ago, gregathit said:

No, I still don't get your point.  Fallout 4 is far more stable than FO3/FNV.  I can see porting from the earlier to the latest, sure.  However the scripting language, and pretty much everything else is different so it won't work.  You'd need to create very complex tools.  Anything can be done, but I don't know that the payoff would be worth it.

Even though New Vegas is the best Survival game i have ever played (besides Max Payne, Mad Max and Skyrim) that never hangs or crashes whenever it feels like it is in Fallout 4. But sure,why not.

In your OP you clearly talked about clothing and weapons conversions.  I merely was pointing out this has been tried and didn't work.  And for the record, morroblivion and skyblivion aren't going to have any more frame hit than FO4 or Skyrim.  I don't know why you think they would, but they won't.  Again, you didn't clarify what you were really after, I was just pointing out what has been tried and what the result was.

I simply stated my query with the most common examples. Clothing, weapons, animations are what modders actively do create/port every single day so i don't think there is anything new for me to mod there. I believe its only natural to focus on each and every major or minor relevant point before coming to the main topic so everything is clear. 

If you said that I missed it.  You'd be better off looking for or creating mods that increase dialogue than trying to port anything.  For starters, porting isn't legal.  So even if you did all the work, you can't post it and neither can anyone else.  That right there puts a damper on things and is why there aren't a ton of folks doing it.  I'm trying to help you here so you don't waste a lot of your time.  However, you are free to do whatever you like.

Here is one that was started but not finished for FO3:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/22759

Here are a couple for FNV:  https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46657/ 

and https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40082/?

Indeed. However, I only play offline as my personal hobby. No interest in distributing online at all since its much better to go visit someone in-person and there settle everything. Also  Servers are not a thing for me since online gaming is a unique mess i don't ever want to involve in. Therefore legal or Illegal limitations are out of question. 

It is often much easier to modify an existing mod, as you can see how the original was set up and it provides a template showing you how it works.

Porting will require that you already know this as you'll have nothing to go off of if it fails.  You won't know why it fails or how to fix it unless you are an experienced modder.

Hope this helps.  

Cheers,

Greg

Interesting. Will look into it. I like Mojave Wasteland and tried to bring it to FO4 and Skyrim SE. But the most easiest way probably is to enjoy it naturally in New Vegas with, as i said earlier, minor tweaks that increase unvoiced NPC dialogues.

Thank you.