Books

Do you read them ? why ? why not ? ( probably not ) whats your favorite one ?

Mine :  The Alchemist

by Paulo Coelho.

200px-TheAlchemist.jpg

"Montyn" a dutch book. A very, very interseting book, its a biography of a dutch painter Jan Montyn who grew up in WW2 enlisting in the Youthstorm and becoming a member of the Kriegmarine without considering the consequences. He also fought in the Korean war to regain his honour. 

The World War 2 stuff is mostly about his Kriegmarine career but it largerly comes down on him getting drafted from the navy to the army where he fought from Kourtland(Estonia if Im correct) all the way back to Germany and him and his squad desperatly trying to get to the western front to be captured by the western Allies. This was common practice under German troops during the final stages of the war where german soldiers tried to be as far in western territory as possible.

It's called "A lamb to Slaughter" in English, its the english version

The things he had encountered are unbelievable, this guy has been through hell and back and had seen death more then once. He barerly survived a shipwreck, survived after being hit by mortar shrapnel in his head, survived the eastern front, barerly survived a american firing squad(after the war), survived a fall into a ravine in the Korean war breaking his spine, ribs etc.... Its hard to believe that he survived all that.

Its a real soldiers book and its also describes the pshyological effects of it all.

335_0.jpg

Yes I read them, and I read them for a second thought on my opinion, "introducing outside thoughts confuses the brain"- book chute. Thats the point, I want to be confused so i have something to think about .

I very much enjoy H.G. Wells, in particular, War of the Worlds, When the Sleeper Wakes, and The Time Machine

I read and wrote them (currently going for my 2nd attempt)

Also I have a small space on a lame local newspaper.

By having a favorite... that's a very difficult question, but choosing one I love, should be all the books of Sherlock Holmes by Conan Doyle.

And this WAS my favorite quote until Spock said it on the new Startrek. :/

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Sherlock Holmes - The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier.

THis:

9781455504374_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Yeah, it's christian book.

But Emily experience many sexual problem during her childhood and the same problem like joyce meyer's.

it's helps to see it on older people prespective like her.

it's also manage to help confusion and when her mind playing dirty tricks on her.

Too many illusion to dispel and Emily Hates the truth before she can accepted them.

kick-ass-creativity-an-energy-makeover-f

TO be honest emily stop reading this book, Because it;s very inspiring and encourage her to be very Creative.

Emily can't harness or control her creativity once it's unleashed. more illusion and unreal thoughts might cloud her judgement and social sensitivity.

What good are creativity when she have to dispel and undo them again. What emily doesn't like for being creative is the madness and the sick feeling of like being pregnant... UGhhhHHh then her social relationships goes 6 feet under.

Stephen King, Robert Harris, Tom Clancy are my main favrouite author's at the moment. At the moment i'm reading Duma Key by Stephen King. 

The main character just witnessed a Yellow Hummer hit this little girl's dog at an incredible speed and Smoosh the dog all over the pavement, and the Dog started to whelp, and the little girl held the dog in her arm's and cried.  

Some Say if you look Stephen king in the eye's for 20 seconds you loose an incredible amount of weight

by Paulo Coelho.

200px-TheAlchemist.jpg

I really love that book. I would like your post but I reached my max limit for the next month... :(

Stephen

King, Robert Harris, Tom Clancy are my main favrouite author's at the

moment. At the moment i'm reading Duma Key by Stephen King. 

The

main character just witnessed a Yellow Hummer hit this little girl's dog

at an incredible speed and Smoosh the dog all over the pavement, and

the Dog started to whelp, and the little girl held the dog in her arm's

and cried.  

Some Say if you look Stephen king in the eye's for 20 seconds you loose an incredible amount of weight

I respect and like S.K. books but I'm not sure about TC, loved some of his first books but lately... I don't know.

by Paulo Coelho.

200px-TheAlchemist.jpg

I really love that book. I would like your post but I reached my max limit for the next month... :(

I liked it for you, snookums.

Where to begin... Stephen King's The Stand, Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series, George Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm, H.G Wells' The Time Machine and War Of The Worlds, Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, Gore Vidal's Julian, Plato's Republic (some excellent toilet reading to be had there!) Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice, Justin Cronin's The Passage (mixed feelings about that one) all of H.P Lovecraft's works, Arthur C. Clarke's Rama, David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas, Andrzej Sapkowski's The Witcher series (and short stories) and Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway.

And a host of other books.

I liked it for you, snookums.

How did you know? =[°_°]=

----------------------

I also loved Alexandre Dumas work when I was a kid. Does anyone ever read Gabriel Garcia Marquez? He's from Colombia but his work is amazing.

Piers Anthony's  Xanth series. It all takes place in a whimsical fantasy land governed by puns. for example, one does not eat a watermelon, they drink it. Also not to worry about the eclectic eels but do "mind the gap" (Massive canyon filled with nickelpedes) Here is a pic of the 1st book in the series.

spell-for-chameleon-piers-anthony.jpg

Ooh, Xanth. I loved that series, but it did get a bit too silly for me towards the end. I forget the last book I read, but it was around the time they had kids from "Mundania" coming into Xanth through a computer game. That kind of killed it for me there.

Ooh, Xanth. I loved that series, but it did get a bit too silly for me towards the end. I forget the last book I read, but it was around the time they had kids from "Mundania" coming into Xanth through a computer game. That kind of killed it for me there.

I have yet to find even half of his Xanth books, and that one sounds not only unfamiliar, but undesirable as well :/

I have yet to find even half of his Xanth books, and that one sounds not only unfamiliar, but undesirable as well :/

Shiiiiiit, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to spoil it for you please don't hate me I'm soooooorrrrryyyyyyyyy!

I fucking love books about mobsters, mafia, and organized crime in general.

check this one:

John Dillinger: The Life and Death of America's First Celebrity Criminal

and/or

Death comes to Dillinger

Right now, reading through The Glass Menagerie for Lit class tomorrow. And damn is it good. o.o 

Really liked Faulkner as well when we read barn burning.

As for actual books in my free time. I'm a sucker for the Warhammer 40k universe. Gotta love all the massive omnibuses out there. Really liked the Eisenhorn trilogy.  SPHESS MAHRINES!

Edit: Finished the Glass Menagerie. Fucking sad. T_T Don't get me wrong, damn good. But now I want a hug. 

by Paulo Coelho.

200px-TheAlchemist.jpg

I was watching the sitcom "Friends" earlier and Chandler had this book in his hand O_O

It does, actually. And it's very far into the series, towards the end.

What book are you on? I used to have all of them up to that point, but gave them to my little brother when he showed interest.

I've been reading them randomly, whichever one I get next. They seem to be a bit hard to find around here, so I'm thinking of stalking Amazon some day x)