Books

House of Leaves, by Mark Z. Danielewski. It is quite possibly the most fucked up, most surreal, most fascinating book I've ever read. It's incredibly complicated (it's a book about a manuscript about a documentary about a house that's bigger on the inside than the outside), and written in ways that make you rethink how you read a book. If you've ever heard the song Hey Pretty by Poe, you've heard an excerpt from this book (that's Mark reading the spoken word parts).

PS, Mark Z. is Poe's brother.

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite possibly the most fucked up, most surreal, most fascinating book I've ever read. It's incredibly complicated (it's a book about a manuscript about a documentary about a house that's bigger on the inside than the outside), and written in ways that make you rethink how you read a book.

Nothing weird in that, alien ships are bigger inside than on the outside - space is just a flexible, emulated construct  :sleepy:

About books;

Hunter S. Thompson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Hunter S Thompson - The Rum Diary

Bret Ellis Easton - American Psycho

Ambrose Bierce - A horsman in the sky

S. King  - The long Walk

William S. Burroughs - Naked Lunch

I hear a lot of good things about Discworld. Although it sounds interesting the sheer overwhelmingly positive things I hear about it rub me more as fanboyism than a credible review of its merits regarding the author's ability for storytelling or conveyance. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I hear a lot of good things about Discworld. Although it sounds interesting the sheer overwhelmingly positive things I hear about it rub me more as fanboyism than a credible review of its merits regarding the author's ability for storytelling or conveyance. Can anyone confirm or deny?

The series as a whole is very good, with a very well though out world, recurring characters that are well written and likeable, and all presented in a tongue in cheek style reminiscent of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I will say there's a few books that aren't up to standard, but I strongly recommend The Color of Magic, The Hogfather, The Thief of Time, and Going Postal, as well as any book with Death in it (and that's Death as in the Grim Reaper).

If you like screwball comedy, you will love this series.

Books I'm currently reading:

The Art of War - Sun Tzu

Spetsnaz: The Story Behind the Soviet SAS - Viktor Suvorov

Finished books:

Frankenstein - Mary Shelly

Sloop of War - Alexander Kent (Douglas Reeman)

The Eagle Has Landed - Jack Higgins

A New Kind of War - Anthony Price

There's probably more, don't know where they are though