Is there a mod that allows multiple romantic relationships without your sims getting the cheater reputation? Is that even possible?

Please send a link to any mod pages you know of that includes these features instead of commenting what to research. What research i have done has only lead me to suspicious pages.

I found this and looking for the first comment's suggestion lead to a video with a facebook page which seems pretty creepy.

Thank you

30 minutes ago, Edge_of_Yesterday said:

Is that even possible?

According to the Pros: No. Those whom have done more for the game than EA themselves have torn the code apart and understand it well enough to create mods to do amazing things, yet say a total rewrite of the game would be needed to make polygamy a naturally working function in the Sims 3.

A little time reading this if you haven't already should give you enough information to realize it's not in the stars. There are ways to trick the game into many things, but none make the game accept the situation working normally as a monogamous marriage does. There will always be a part of the game not playing nice even if you do follow all of the ways to incorporate multiple marriages into the Sims 3.

Apparently the Mormons didn't cry loud enough back in 2009 like so many groups do today to get corporations to fall in line and be 'inclusive'. Gay relationships was as far as EA went.

http://modthesims.info/t/549430

http://modthesims.info/t/462745

Follow the bread crumbs to NRaas, and follow the suggestions to use their suite of mods. This is as close as we can get. I wish it was different, but I didn't develop the game - it is what it is.

16 hours ago, landess said:

According to the Pros: No. Those whom have done more for the game than EA themselves have torn the code apart and understand it well enough to create mods to do amazing things, yet say a total rewrite of the game would be needed to make polygamy a naturally working function in the Sims 3.

A little time reading this if you haven't already should give you enough information to realize it's not in the stars. There are ways to trick the game into many things, but none make the game accept the situation working normally as a monogamous marriage does. There will always be a part of the game not playing nice even if you do follow all of the ways to incorporate multiple marriages into the Sims 3.

Apparently the Mormons didn't cry loud enough back in 2009 like so many groups do today to get corporations to fall in line and be 'inclusive'. Gay relationships was as far as EA went.

http://modthesims.info/t/549430

http://modthesims.info/t/462745

Follow the bread crumbs to NRaas, and follow the suggestions to use their suite of mods. This is as close as we can get. I wish it was different, but I didn't develop the game - it is what it is.

That's a shame. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 4:25 PM, Edge_of_Yesterday said:

That's a shame. Thank you

functionally speaking, I don't even bother with marriage with polygamous play throughs. It's just too much of a hassle when it comes to it. Besides I'm playing an Asian emporer play through so technically speaking all I need is the passion mod and imagination. Love isn't a huge factor.

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/18/2020 at 10:05 PM, Edge_of_Yesterday said:

Is there a mod that allows multiple romantic relationships without your sims getting the cheater reputation? Is that even possible?

Please send a link to any mod pages you know of that includes these features instead of commenting what to research. What research i have done has only lead me to suspicious pages.

I found this and looking for the first comment's suggestion lead to a video with a facebook page which seems pretty creepy.

Thank you

Yes, it's possible.  If you're just wanting to stop the Cheater reputation, you can modify the XML with simPE so that you can have more than one romantic interest without getting the Cheater reputation.

GameplayData.package in your Sims 3 directory.

RomanceVisibilityState_0x3fc441f703927e94 is the resource.

Relevant part:

<kNumberOfLevelTwoRomanceVisibilityForCheaterTrack value="3, 7, 15">
      <!--For computing the Cheater Track level, you need to have these many simultaneous level two romance relationships to be: Index 0: Cheater, Index 1: Dirtbag, Index 2: Slimeball. Positive integrers. Increasing values. Units: Count.-->
    </kNumberOfLevelTwoRomanceVisibilityForCheaterTrack>
    <kNumberOfBetrayalsForCheaterTrack value="1, 4, 10">
      <!--For computing the Cheater Track level, you need to have these many betrayal history to be: Index 0: Cheater, Index 1: Dirtbag, Index 2: Slimeball. Positive integrers. Increasing values. Units: Count.-->
    </kNumberOfBetrayalsForCheaterTrack>
    <kNumberOfRomancesForRomancerTrack value="2, 4, 7">
      <!--For computing the Romancer Track level, you need to have these many active romances to be: Index 0: Naughty, Index 1: Manipulator, Index 2: Casanova. Positive integrers. Increasing values. Units: Count.-->
    </kNumberOfRomancesForRomancerTrack>

Make the numbers bigger if you want to to avoid reputations, by allowing you to romance more sims before you get a reputation.

The Romantic Rep Recombobulator mod (modifying the above RomanceVisibilityState resource) did not change the number of romances before it started giving reputations, it just made them more/less visible and changed the severity of betrayals.

I have had a MFF threesome without getting reputations by changing the above numbers by +1 where those 3 Sims were the only ones they ever had a romance between.  The system recognizes that they're cheating, but not to the degree it flags them a reputation.  Also it does allow more leniency to "old" romances screwing up current romances, or accidental romances, etc.  I haven't gone beyond that, but don't see why it wouldn't carry more.

What you CAN'T do is have more than one "declared" girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse, but you can have unlimited romances.

Edit-You'll probably want to further edit the RomanceVisibilityState so that they don't get upset at each other for cheating in plain sight with each other.

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 7:01 PM, Darlatan said:

you can modify the XML with simPE....... GameplayData.package in your Sims 3 directory.

Well.... One incredibly big detail was left out...

NEVER modify anything in your C/Programs!!!!!  

First, make a folder. Mine sits on my desktop so it's easy to find. Name it Sims Program packages, or whatever you wish. COPY any packages from whatever C/Program file (GameData, FullBuild0, Delta packages, whatever...) and place it in your new folder. You can do anything you want to these packages, and things you don't want, like maybe mess up. Mess up things in C/Programs, and you get to reload your game. (((((

Using s3pe, you can extract the xml, and make a new package that contains the xml. Now, open that package, open the xml with notepad, and do anything you want to do to THAT xml. Change any setting to any number... do absolutely anything! Experiment!!! Save it, then save your new package. 

In general, there are many mods, which are nothing more than xml tuning to change something. So, put the package you made in your packages folder as you would any other mod. The way the game reads files, last file read wins, and the game reads what's in the Packages folder after reading C/Programs, so YOUR new package is what the game will do, without you having changed the C/Programs xml.

If what you did, doesn't work right, just remove it. No harm, the game still has the original that you didn't touch. You can always try again, and again, until you have tuning that you like.