painting anime/hentai

• 3 weeks later...

If you would reference the mod you found, perhaps we would know more of what you want. It's also possible the mod could be simply changed to do what you want if it's just an addition of a type of photo file with S3PE. Need to see the mod first though before jumping to conclusions.

https://modthesims.info/t/503053

Object Creation - Tutorial - Replacing Sim Painted Paintings

https://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com/2010/10/sims-3-artistry-redux-replacements-for.html

I noticed an anime reference for geek oriented painters....

4 hours ago, landess said:

If you would reference the mod you found, perhaps we would know more of what you want. It's also possible the mod could be simply changed to do what you want if it's just an addition of a type of photo file with S3PE. Need to see the mod first though before jumping to conclusions.

yes of course thatll probably help haha. here is the link to the mod. i hope this is more helpful

http://sexysims.info/download.php?t=175202

1 hour ago, thegratechin said:

yes of course thatll probably help haha. here is the link to the mod. i hope this is more helpful

http://sexysims.info/download.php?t=175202

Did not follow the link but bet it is the mod where this very nice vargas girls become painted in a super quality.

Use this since long too.

Actually someone with a little knowledge should be able just to change the pictures inside the correspondent package......

But think you can only worsen this mod. The pictures there in are great.

I also don’t know the mod you’re referring to but as others have pointed you could replace the images directly from the package using s3pe which allows to:

• Open a package and preview the resources contained
  • Copy and paste the hash or “serial number” to effectively replace any resource contained inside

Again I’m not familiar with that particular mod but if it only replaces what your sim paints on the easel then inserting yours should be trivial. I cloned a paint from the game to show you what you should look to, you can do this directly on the mod you linked (make a backup just in case):

s3pe_img.jpg

After opening the package every resource will have a tag, in this case images are tagged as “_IMG” and by clicking on each one you should see its preview on the right pane. At the top it should indicate the resolution and the compression (256x512, compressed as dds with dxt5 compression). If you want to export it just right-click and select ‘Save DDS’ at the bottom.

With that information you can create your own, now for your particular case I believe the images should contain only the canvas unlike my example that has other parts. Using a program like paint dot net, gimp or photoshop you can create your own and save it as dds with either dxt1, dxt3, or dxt5 compression.

To copy the hash click on the image you want to replace and press ‘enter’ to invoke the ‘Resource Details’ window, then press ‘Copy RK’ and then ‘OK’.

s3pe_resource_details.jpg

Drag and drop your image and when the Resource Details appears click on ‘Paste RK’ and then on ‘OK’, the original _IMG will be strikethrough which means we succeed, now just save the package (CRTL+S).

s3pe_replace.jpg

I’m making a lot of assumptions but these are the general steps to replace images inside packages and it might help with what you need.

3 hours ago, JoshQ said:

the general steps to replace images inside packages

Thank you very much for this post.

Do not want to change pictures in that mod, but it is very helpful in general manipulating

pictures in some packages, since I am always unsure in which format this DDS files shall be saved.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:36 PM, JoshQ said:

I’m making a lot of assumptions but these are the general steps to replace images inside packages and it might help with what you need.

That seems like some pretty basic instructions and will most likely give me a push in the right direction. Although ive never actually modified one of these before it cant be that hard to figure out. thanks for the info ill let yall know what comes of it

On 7/7/2020 at 3:13 AM, Clydie said:

I am always unsure in which format this DDS files shall be saved

If your texture has transparency is dxt5, two exceptions: 1) a mask with 4 color channels, those don’t’ have transparency but the 4th channel is stored on the alpha 2) normalmaps, the “Y axis” data is also stored on the alpha. At least for clothes everything else is dxt1, I’ve seen dxt3 textures in hair.

3 hours ago, thegratechin said:

cant be that hard to figure out

I’m almost sure this is just a texture swap no need to mess with scripts, meshing or other stuff.