"Petite" Followers/Characters

This is an overflow from

Which was getting seriously derailed by the discussion concerning female daedra/succubus style follower named Beherit and Rule #14

So I moved it here.

58 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

How many dialogues do you know that get added by SLF?^^

So far SLF only adds debug spells to start anything, right?

Yes, which is why that screenshot proves nothing other than dialogue added by other mods still works. Not that I wanted a screen shot for proof, just "Animations played as normal" would have done.

I have no clue either. I wouldn't even try if it looks like a child, speaks like one and also has child dialogues ?

I also highly doubt Vylvie would even try an obvious child character, same goes for sar12

Wouldn't a child follower also become deactivated if I choose in SLSF "remove child actors"?

Woh! first, I didn't accuse anyone of that and secondly, I wouldn't give a fuck if you did.

Sorry, it's a game. I just murdered a newly wedded young woman for bothering me in Whiterun asking if I could spare anything. What anyone does in their own game is really no concern of mine. No one is actually being hurt.

SLSF? Err don't know what that mod is but for it to remove child actors then the actor has to have the child flag set and I don't think any child follow mod has that since it makes them pretty much invulnerable.

Guess that isn't character height in race menu?

My PC is sometimes 0.9 in size and my followers come on all sizes and forms, so far that didn't stop SLF from working.

Then I am clearly wrong about how SLF works. As @Varithina said.

I thought the criteria was:-

Race name (if it contains things like infant, enfant, child, young, youth, elin)

Voice (uses child voice)

Height (below 0.93 in scale)

Any of those would stop SLF from working with that actor involved but clearly I was wrong, at least with regards to the height/scale setting. I don't recall where I read it now, I think it was in an old Monli race thread but could of been anywhere.

No, Racemenu height doesn't seem to be detectable by the game, only scale setting.

It doesn't matter if a character isn't flagged as a Child, isn't called a Child or doesn't have child like mannerisms/voice... If it looks like a child, it's an issue.
The moderators agreed that Beherit fulfilled that criteria and removed the thread that contained the download.

40 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Then I am clearly wrong about how SLF works. As @Varithina said.

Race name (if it contains things like infant, enfant, child, young, youth, elin)

Voice (uses child voice)

Any of those would stop SLF from working with that actor involved but clearly I was wrong, at least with regards to the height/scale setting. I don't recall where I read it now, I think it was in an old Monli race thread but could of been anywhere.

No, Racemenu height doesn't seem to be detectable by the game, only scale setting.

It doesn't matter if a character isn't flagged as a Child, isn't called a Child or doesn't have child like mannerisms/voice... If it looks like a child, it's an issue.
The moderators agreed that Beherit fulfilled that criteria and removed the thread that contained the download.

A couple of years ago when I was trying to stomp out bugs on something else I was looking at some of the SLF scripts, and I think that some of them did have specfic races, elin and things like that, a couple of them also had setscale values added so if they were above a certain height, then it worked as normal, I think the lovegirl race had both requirements, race and below a certain height in which case block otherwise allow.   Think monli was the same both race name and setscale.

To be honest though it has been years since I bothered about that, I have not played either elin/elin2 or anything like that since, even when installed I tended not to play them, so just ended up uninstalling them, same with companions, I never bothered using those I had installed so removed them all.

Appearance tends to be everything, see something like a elin and most people will think child or at least very young, telling them that character is actually hundreds of years old will not change their view.

37 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Yes, which is why that screenshot proves nothing other than dialogue added by other mods still works. Not that I wanted a screen shot for proof, just "Animations played as normal" would have done

Hi Mez, would you clarify on what do you mean my SL Framework not working for Beherit? From my understanding SLF does not add any way to trigger animation, no?

If you are wondering whether animations would play should one of those options are selected, yes, yes they would.

Wouldn't a child follower also become deactivated if I choose in SLSF "remove child actors"?

@donttouchmethere I may be wrong, but my understanding is SLSF only targets the child race. Since Beherit in question is a custom "beherit race", I doubt it will be managed by SLSF.

29 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

This is an overflow from

how... how did you manage to link/replay those comments to another topic ?

Overlow is the right word for that.

32 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Not that I wanted a screen shot for proof

Are you sure about that? ?

33 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Woh! first, I didn't accuse anyone of that and secondly, I wouldn't give a fuck if you did.

Was just my way to say that some ppl come with integrated child protection.

34 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

SLSF?

Sexlab Sexual Fame => has an option to deactivate all those pumpkin heads if those adult elves play with each other.

36 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Okay, I only changed height.

Happy end!

Voice (uses child voice)

I'm sure there is more?

But if there is a hidden mechanic, is it wise to talk about that officially?

I mean if ppl know how it works they might find a way around it, even if they are not good at modding in general.

I just murdered a newly wedded young woman for bothering me in Whiterun asking if I could spare anything.

...you Bastard! ?

43 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

What is SLF even suppose to do if it detect any wrong doing?

Also DCL checks for children (I think kill able children for example)

7 minutes ago, Vylvie said:

I may be wrong, but my understanding is SLSF only targets the child race. Since Beherit in question is a custom "beherit race", I doubt it will be managed by SLSF.

I doubt it too, would be too easy for a test.

I stay with my: "if it kills my FPS because of an odd skeleton it doesn't belong into my LO"

Still surprised that it worked for you ?

I have a picky game.

1 minute ago, donttouchmethere said:

I stay with my: "if it kills my FPS because of an odd skeleton it doesn't belong into my LO"

Still surprised that it worked for you ?

Haha, the number of pure follower mods in my LO has been, and will likely always be 0.

Discounting the fact that I may lose them if they die etc, I feel that the AI itself just isn't very good.

If I am playing a:

• Melee class: Accidentally hits melee followers, or have range followers shoot my back
  • Ranged class: Accidentally hit melee followers (and killing them in the process). If we get chased, range followers either stand and shoot, or change to melee, that again gets them killed.
  • Stealth class: Most followers kinda suck at this. Even Mercer, Brynyolf and Karliah is terrible.

How did you manage to lose followers anyway? I thought most mod added followers are essential by default. Do you set them as non-essential when hiring them?

19 minutes ago, Vylvie said:

I feel that the AI itself just isn't very good.

They just have to draw fire until I find the right hotkeys and spells after the initial panik: "I hit you once! Why are you still alive? HELP!" ?

21 minutes ago, Vylvie said:

How did you manage to lose followers anyway? I thought most mod added followers are essential by default. Do you set them as non-essential when hiring them?

They don't die, but I set them to wait sometimes to find out if a dungeon causes CTD because of my followers or because of the dungeon iteself or because of a combination of things.

Sometimes the PC might ends up in Rifton or in Whiterun if defeat bugs out and I need to use the SD surrender function "rescue" or "teleport".

Without fast travel all kinds of things can happen on the way back ?

My PC is half a Skyrim away from those waiting followers and often gets sidetracked (cool a quest close by) or in some other predicament.

If it takes too long to go back to my followers they stop waiting and go home. At that time I might have grabbed already some new ones on the way ^^

Then there is SD+ that removes all stuff from the followers if my PC gets enslaved. To prevent that micromanagement horror I rather dismiss them if I see that the situation might end in SD+.

Oh and don't get me started with SLS and those licenses >.<

And DFC if they get annoyed and sell my PC to SS+

Did I mentioned already those quest where the PC has to be solo?^^

No keys but all followers in DDs? Maybe leave them at your fav player home for a while until you found some keys ? (never enough keys ?)

Skyrim Chain Beasts are also not know for being party friendly ?

3 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

They don't die, but I set them to wait sometimes to find out if a dungeon causes CTD because of my followers or because of the dungeon iteself or because of a combination of things.

The horrors of troubleshooting a CTD never ends. ?

Woah, you have a lot of ways to lose the followers then. I used to run Defeat and SD+, but then I swapped them for Dragonborn in Distress. SD+ is cool, but the guessing game during enslavement feels like a chore to me, and most enemies don't really do anything aside from standing around.

Though, since I installed DFC and DCL I have started grabbing a follower along, since getting locked in a high security restraints or having your PC's arm lobbed off 3/4 into the dungeon and having to backtrack all the way gets old pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

Also DCL checks for children (I think kill able children for example)

Also, DCL checks for children? What do they check them for? ? 

6 minutes ago, Vylvie said:

Also, DCL checks for children? What do they check them for?

DCL checks if you have any mods installed that allow you to do more with children than just to disable them. :classic_ph34r:

Non-Essential Children - removes tags from children characters the game needs to distinguish them from adult characters. Cursed Loot will disable itself when it detects this mod in your load order. Solution: Uninstall mod.
RCOTS, ERSO 09 - RUS-Npcs overhaul and other mods allowing child followers or playable children - playable child races and followers don't go together with an adult mod. Cursed Loot will disable itself when it detects one of these mods in your load order. Solution: Uninstall mod.
RS Children - works fine, but install it without the "Playable" option.

1 hour ago, Varithina said:

A couple of years ago when I was trying to stomp out bugs on something else I was looking at some of the SLF scripts, and I think that some of them did have specfic races, elin and things like that, a couple of them also had setscale values added so if they were above a certain height, then it worked as normal, I think the lovegirl race had both requirements, race and below a certain height in which case block otherwise allow.   Think monli was the same both race name and setscale.

To be honest though it has been years since I bothered about that, I have not played either elin/elin2 or anything like that since, even when installed I tended not to play them, so just ended up uninstalling them, same with companions, I never bothered using those I had installed so removed them all.

Appearance tends to be everything, see something like a elin and most people will think child or at least very young, telling them that character is actually hundreds of years old will not change their view.

That would make sense.

I misunderstood and thought it just required one when it was saying if you are playing said race then height must be above x.

25 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

DCL checks if you have any mods installed that allow you to do more with children than just to disable them. :classic_ph34r:

Ooh dang, I didn't even realize those restriction were there in DCL, and that mod hasn't left my LO in ages.

23 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

That would make sense.

I misunderstood and thought it just required one when it was saying if you are playing said race then height must be above x.

So.. I suppose all questions from all parties are answered then. 

As donttouchmethere cautioned earlier, perhaps it isn't a good idea to openly discuss Sexlab's hidden mechanic, as it may be subjected to abuse.