I bought a new laptop and now it won't install wicked whims! Help!

Hi Everyone,

I bought a new gaming laptop (MSI)  and I was able to download nraas mods etc. for Sims 4 but it will not download wicked whims or any mod from loverslab. I have done everything from re-installing the game to redownloading the file over and over. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or why it won't work. I would greatly appreciate any help if any of you have suggestions. Many thanks.

18 minutes ago, queenie5871 said:

Hi Everyone,

I bought a new gaming laptop (MSI)  and I was able to download nraas mods etc. for Sims 4 but it will not download wicked whims or any mod from loverslab. I have done everything from re-installing the game to redownloading the file over and over. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or why it won't work. I would greatly appreciate any help if any of you have suggestions. Many thanks.

NRaas mods are for Sims 3 so you have to be careful about using S3 mods on S4 as they will crash the game when loading.

MCCC is the mod we use on S4 now.

If you can't download anything from here you should try using a different browser.

Hi,

I should've noted in more detail that I was having the same problem with the sims 3 download (that's where the nraas comes in). I will try a different browser  but would your suggestion be in the event that doesn't work?  No matter what I do it does not show up in the game. It's placed in the files properly. Thanks again.

11 hours ago, queenie5871 said:

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. Actually only the mc command works for sims 4 and nraas for sims 3. Nothing else I put in the folder shows up in the game.

I assume you are using the 64-bit version.

Did you save WW in 'The Sims 4\Mods\WW\' folder? (More subfolders may be a bad idea, also placing other files in the same folder).

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help.....I managed to fix Sims 4 so that's great. However, I still can not get sims 3 to work. The package files from loverlab will not show up. I've re-installed and started again several times and no luck. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated you've been terrific. Much appreciated.