Quests that become unavailable over time?

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to start my first game of Oblivion, but I don't want to miss things by accident. I'm talking about quests that will make other quests unattainable or incompletable if I do them first - like the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim, where Cicero can be found outside that farm only until you start the DB questline. Or the DB quest to kill that woman in Windhelm, where her mother will commit suicide if you do so afterwards, hunting the killer in Windhelm only gives you the option to break into the house rather than get the key.

Though please don't mention any spoilers! Thanks people

If you're trying to buy the house in Skingrad, the guy who sells it (an orc at the castle) might have fallen to his death from the large bridge...when you get to Skingrad, try to find him and make him essential at least for the moment. At times, a creature spawn will send him flying heedlessly over the side to engage in battle...oooops.

~Splat!~

I play this game many times over the last 3 years & i every time i play it I release there was more effective and easy ways do things .... my advice to u forget the main quest oblivion crisis don't do it first  game become boring when all oblivion gates closed and u miss very good stuff ... if u gonna play normal game without use console commands to get items or mod lvl and power  then this is my recommended step

1- make a custom race with main skills that easy to be lvl up ... may favor main skill  blade - armor - acrobatic - sneak - security - illusion  ... my favor born pass the thief 

2- start with mage guild quest  so u can access to arcane university  and able to use  enchant and spell making alter .....  then make a enchanted robe or any kind of armor + any kind of jewelry ( 1 amulet + 2 rings )  with ( chameleon ) 5 parts will give u 100% chameleon  that will make every part of the game later very easy & allow u to play at maximum difficulty  ... and also my flavor magic way is ( illusion ) very good spells  .... with this pass u can take any enemy easy  and u need only  any dagger  just sneak with chameleon and hit target with dagger and u get 6x  damage  and dagger or sword hit didn't make around enemies feel u while bow make u expose .

3- if u gonna play with slave trade + bravil underground mods u need to focue a little in them after u make your enchant stuff to get there spells  pack slave spell + reminate spell  etc  ... because there will be a lot of npc and dead people u kill during game quests and u don't miss there bodies they can be slaved or reminate and slaved    ( for example during fighter guild quest u will kill about 25 npc with names they can be slaved and sold  and so on ) 

4- do some side quests second that give u some good weapon like ( The Killing Field  give u Chillrend ) + ( The Siren's Deception  give u Witsplinter )

5- lvl up a little and do some Daedric quest third that give u very power staff  and with chameleon 100% will be very easy to get it 

6- start arena quest until u become champion 

7- start Dark brotherhood quests  until u get speaker rank 

8- complete mage guild quests then start thief guild quests until complete

9- start fighter guild quests until complete 

10- during previs quests u lvl up and with lvl up u can update your spells and do master training quests

11- do town and side quests 

12 - start main quest  oblivion crisis  and its up to u to finish it or not  .. if u finish it no more oblivion gates to raid

u can find all game quests here 

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Quests_(Oblivion)

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Quests_(Shivering_Isles)

13- there is about 4 quests need timing ( origin of gray prince before arena quest ) + ( Newheim's Flagon in the same time with Den of Thieves ) + ( Darkness Eternal before The Purification ) + ( Namira Daedric Quests - at lvl  5 - when your Personality attribute less than 20 or u will find yourself need to use ~ command )

i recommended to use this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/4065  so u can carry or loot stuff without weight penalty 

also this mod  https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/26389  so u can put note in map whats in this place  

its up to u to decide what good weapon & enchant u need 

remember to make chameleon enchant stuff 100%  to use in very hard places its very handy ... have a nice game ... cheers

1 hour ago, fejeena said:

The  Namira quest:  drink Cheap wine. 4 wine = - 40 ( or you magic items ) 

You only need  <=20 Personality  to start the quest.

As usual from U ... very good point 

also 2 more thing i remember need timing  .. before close chorrol oblivion gate u need to get Hatreds Soul mace + Hatreds Soul bow + Hatreds Soul arrow  ... the bow & mace is very power an unique weapon u can only get there or by ~ command  ....  check youtube to see the pass to get them .. second before enter  Cheydinhal oblivion gate  take the quest ( The Wayward Knight )  and make sure (Farwill survives) its a little tricky to do that u can also check youtube to see this quest steps but u get also one of two unique weapon ( Thornblade sword or Staff of Indarys ) i prefer the sword ..

One can always set the quest stages via the console.  setstage <questid> <stage>, setting to stage 0 normally initiates the quest. 

sometimes, it's also necessary to set a quest active in the journal and set it finished to continue on, primarily because of bugs that make the quest undo-able.  completequest <questid>

irrelevant of the active quest, modded or vanilla, the quest id can be acquired via: 

ShowQuestTargets (SQT)

Shows the ID and current stage of your active quest. Not much use to you on its own, but it can be applied when forcing a quest to update.

Other applications: The information this supplies can be used in SetStage QuestID Stage commands, explained below.

lists all of the default quests (vanilla and some others):  https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Quests

for most console commands, some perhaps available w/ OBSE, yet may not show in the wiki:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Console_Command_Tutorial

as an example of how this can offer a unique opportunity, i always play a vampire, but i also play the mod 'vampire hunting'.  so i remove myself from the vampire faction, add myself to the vampire hunter faction ... a couple of the quest are broken in that mod, so i just finish them w/ the above mentioned, both to continue and get it out of my journal.

hope this helps and was informative.  :)

• 2 weeks later...