Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

First, nice you work on this mod. I really hope you have fun doing it and don't burn out, would be a shame if the third attempt of doing something with the mod also fizzles out. But no pressure - real life and stuff can be a bitch (no pun intended), we all know that ^^

Anyway, seeing the "teaser" below  - this was indeed one of my hopes for the older versions.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:18 PM, tasairis said:

Already have plans for a competitor ? As you said, later - as in it will be part of the new content (after the existing main quests).

Tentative teaser: Already suffering from the drop in clients due to [recent events], the bad news continues when Thaena hears about a new business with a familiar tagline. A business that happens to be run by [someone]. A business that somehow has twice the customers the Animal Mansion had, and in half the time. Skeptical that [owner] could pull this off with such good timing, Thaena asks our hero(ine) to investigate.

You probably have already your own ideas, and I have no clue how much effort/work you wanna put into it - after all, the more complex the longer it takes, if even possible. However, I just wanna throw some random ideas into the thread, about how I would have approach this story-branch (if I could  mod...^^)

General Premise: The contender would be the opposite to the AM and Thaena: The women working there are all but slaves, often forced to work there against there will, and without any say in what they do. The paying customers are all that matters. The women are held in the same cages as the animals. The entire contender-mansion is build around abuse and the dark mirror-version of the consenual AM.

I even see such a despicable establishment in an appropiate place. Not a well-lit, cozy, generic tavern-like mansion. Instead it would be much more shady, darker, cheaper. More "underground", maybe literally. An old Nord-Ruin somewhere in the wild, far away from law and order? Some cavern, or, what I would think most fitting: Part of the Rat-Way in Riften. The whole sewer-atmosphere would give it this underground-cllub-vibe. Riften is held by the Black-Briar-Family, who could have a hand in this. And technically it could probably just easily implemented by a door-entrance added somewhere as not to mess with the "real" ratway and all that.

Antagonist: I would introduce one antagonist early inbetween the quests. When the AH is still growing and needs new customers and good mouth-propaganda. I could see a very obnoxious customer demanding very dirty things. His behaviour would be atrocious, treating the PC worse than a common whore, with bad jokes and humiliating language. The PC would play along until a certain point - then that dude gets thrown out by the PC or Thaena intervening. As he leaves, he of course swears revenge. And could later return as maybe the manager or "trainer" of the Competing Mansion -an unpleasant surprise, but also potential to some paypack

Big Player -Antagonist: The man/woman behind the Competing Mansion. Here I envision some snobbish business man, the "mafia"type. Maybe a rich bretonnian, who asks for a private show at the "height" of the AH's popularity. Then asks to get into the business - but with changes. He proposes to use more girls, getting them cheap as slaves from the war or forcing them into work, paying debts etc. Thaena is of course outrages, the man "bows" politely and says farewell...until...

The "Quest": Probably the most difficult ... what to give the player to do in this "darker" scenario? I have no real detailed quest ideas ... overall, I see it two-parts: First some investigation: Who is this new competitor, where is his "mansion" located. Are there people of importance involved (some corrupt imperial providing abducted women to the Competitor Mansion as a lead e.g.) This of course should involve some sexy time now and then...and maybe a visit to the Competitors Mansion incognito/in disguise, to see what is going on there.

The second part could be infiltration. The PC agrees to get into the mansion, to find evidence to give the officials to shut the whole thing down. For that, the PC would need to become one of the girls "working" there - and this could lead to a part where in contrast to the AM the PC cannot choose what acts to perform at the Competion Mansion. Things are randomly chosen, the patrons are much less polite, it would generally be a darker part. in between the PC could gather infos from the other girls, learn about ledgers kept etc.

Of course, most trouble would be later when the above mentioned despicable "trainer" realizes who the PC really is. Or maybe he realizes it from the start, but doesn't tell his boss, taking advantage of the PC...

i think I should stop - wall of text, ugh...

Curious to see what you will come up with eventually - again, I hope you find the will and strength to tackle it, pretty sure  Iam not alone on the site wanting to see Animal Mansion Advanced Plus Plus 3.0 ^^

3 hours ago, jxm said:

You probably have already your own ideas, and I have no clue how much effort/work you wanna put into it - after all, the more complex the longer it takes, if even possible. However, I just wanna throw some random ideas into the thread, about how I would have approach this story-branch (if I could  mod...^^)

[...]

I do already have a plan for the other place, and I do kinda like it, but I do want to use your idea somehow.

The Animal Mansion concept has always been more on the lighter side of things, and this non-con "Noisnam Lamina" is going quite a bit in the opposite direction. Slavery is a whole 'nother fetish, and Talos knows there are plenty of mods for that, so I want to keep AMX focused on the bestiality fetish.

Something else to consider is that I want the Competing Mansion story to constitute a whole story arc - not just be something resolved over the course of a couple quests. (At the very least, if I'm going through the effort of creating NPCs and buildings and such then I want that effort to pay off.) Which means there are practical concerns like making sure that the arc is a storyline that people will want to play, and that means it should focus on animals as well; branching out too heavily into other fetishes risks alienating people who use the mod specifically because they want a bit of tail with their bit of tail.

However, note that I said this is "focused" on animals and that it shouldn't go "too heavily" into other subjects. I like and want to encourage sexual variety so there are times when I'll want to deviate away from the animals. Case in point: while the upcoming Companions Thing revolves around their animals, I believe there should be more to the experience than just that (and besides, if we're talking about a bunch of naked people in a room together, some things will just be unavoidable).

I like the idea of the seedy, underground (literally or not) competitor. It feels natural that if there's a respectable(ish) Animal Mansion with girls who agree to do things with animals then there will eventually be an unrespectable Other Mansion with girls who didn't agree to do things with animals. Surely with some degree of kidnapping and slavery. And if Maven would enjoy seeing people being demeaned then I'm sure she would want to have a controlling interest (if not full ownership) of the business.

The player having to go undercover to infiltrate the business is a no-brainer. Could work as a girl, or on the "recruitment" side, or as a servant - plenty of choices.

I'll think more about it. I can tell right now that I want ideally to have a way to discretely vary the story based on player choices, so someone can get a tamer or (relatively) harsher version as they want. I can also tell right now that the timeframe of when to make this happen won't be easy to figure out...

22 hours ago, btasqan said:

Tested this. In my game Thane has no hair and a brown face. Is this because of the early development stage or is the facegen data messed up?

Neither. You have anything in your load order that's overwriting her NPC data?

26 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Neither. You have anything in your load order that's overwriting her NPC data?

I have Populated cities, towns and villages mod. The interesting thing is that with AM Plus 1.0., I didnt have this issue. Just for your information. This playthrough have never had AMPlus installed. Complete new game and installation.

EDIT: Ok, I just noticed that this mod is foe SSE and not LE. Maybe that is where the issue is. This what happens when google navigates you through loverslab.

Interestingly the quest begun just fine and I was able to get to the 3rd quest without any issues apart from Thaenas head.

39 minutes ago, btasqan said:

Ok, I just noticed that this mod is foe SSE and not LE. Maybe that is where the issue is. This what happens when google navigates you through loverslab.

Interestingly the quest begun just fine and I was able to get to the 3rd quest without any issues apart from Thaenas head.

I tried it on Oldrim as well, with the same issue for some reason. The quests work perfectly, but her head is just a round backed potato ?

1 hour ago, BaronNiki said:

I tried it on Oldrim as well, with the same issue for some reason. The quests work perfectly, but her head is just a round backed potato ?

Most mods which exist for LE and SSE have this issue. That is why many mods are not just compatible out of the box for both version.

(Did I not call out SE in the first post? Oops. It does that now.)

If I remember correctly, I already reverted the meshes and textures to the LE versions, so I guess the problems are due to the NPC data. Which CK will process and save. Which sucks because I'd have to fix it for every single release and I know I'll forget to.

An override record would probably resolve it, but that means a new ESP and/or incorporating that ESP into a merge patch. Although I suppose that's just business as usual for LE people?

On 10/31/2020 at 1:18 AM, tasairis said:

If I remember correctly, I already reverted the meshes and textures to the LE versions, so I guess the problems are due to the NPC data. Which CK will process and save. Which sucks because I'd have to fix it for every single release and I know I'll forget to.

An override record would probably resolve it, but that means a new ESP and/or incorporating that ESP into a merge patch. Although I suppose that's just business as usual for LE people?

A LE version would be great. Atm I am clueless what I should edit in TESEDIT or CK in order to get the textures on Thaena right.

On 11/3/2020 at 11:37 PM, Jgoftl said:

So not sure if this is something that you've fixed or not but Animal Mansion Plus was causing a black face issue for Hert at Half Moon Mill.

Have you tried running a conflict filter with SSEdit ? I find that is probably the best way to get to the root of the problem. For instance the Unofficial skyrim patch changes Hert, and makes her look like a vampire. There might be some conflict there.

7 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Wait a minute.

AME is for Skyrim Special Edition (SE) and AMP is for Skyrim Legacy Edition (LE).

Regardless of the fact the mods are incompatible because the same cells ingame are being altered the games themselves are separate. These are NOT two names for the same thing.

Either way, no one should be running them both at the same time. 

I'm not running both, I was simply trying to find out if this mod caused the same conflicts as the SE port of AMP. Tried running your mod on a fresh game and it didn't load up at all. Yes, I utilize AI Overhaul SE and Unofficial Skyrim Patch SE as prerequisites for other mods. If it's a conflict issue between either of those mods and any of the Animal Mansion mods, than I can do without the AM mods.

The black face bug was occuring with AMP SE. Per SSEdit, Unofficial Skyrim Patch, AI Overhaul and Animal Mansion Plus SE were the only mods listed as any having to do with Hert. I'm still working out the bugs in my mod order, but for some reason AME wasn't loading at all when I tried it on a completely fresh game, all prior saves deleted and what not. Had even ran without AMP installed testing Devious Mods such as Cursed Loot and what not. I'm going to do a full wipe because I'm getting a lot of CTD I shouldn't be, then I'll try your mod again.

On 10/31/2020 at 1:18 AM, tasairis said:

After messing around with the esp in attempt to get this mod running without the dark face bug/glitch, I was not able to find out how to fix the issue. I removed the facegen files and then Thaena and Jala now had hair instad or bald heads. But the dark faces still persist. The only thing that has work till now is to use the setnpcweight command (e.g. setnpcweight 80).

Probably the only way to fix this for olrim is generating new facegen files.