Did the Zodiac mod go missing?

Hey, first I just wanna say I loved Zodiac. It was my first venture into the rather risque side of F4 mods years ago, and I'm a bit sad to have seen it go! 

But now that I'm running the latest version provided, and have installed the bus stop hotfix someone else made here, I still can't get bus stops to work! I vaguely recall there being a notice that would say that there's nobody around, so I don't think it's just that there aren't any clients nearby. 

Also, is there another requirement for the pole that comes with the ZAP? Because my character interacts with it and doesn't actually go into the animation. Instead, I get locked out of using anything and can only move around it normally. Thanks for the help, and to you Cara, thanks for the mod!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Really interesting mod, that I have a problem with. I am a bit confused about the bus station/client part. I can set up the camp via ZAP, pole etc. All functional. How are clients generated? Do they appear if I wait (T function), or sleep? No one has come and I have been waiting at a bus stop with "medium" client scan for up to 2 days.

Am I meant to do something? Sorry to ask.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:36 PM, blahblahblah97 said:

Hi,

Really interesting mod, that I have a problem with. I am a bit confused about the bus station/client part. I can set up the camp via ZAP, pole etc. All functional. How are clients generated? Do they appear if I wait (T function), or sleep? No one has come and I have been waiting at a bus stop with "medium" client scan for up to 2 days.

Am I meant to do something? Sorry to ask.

You have to fire a signal flare from Zap, it lets clients in the area know that you are available.

Did you know that Zap calculates a firing solution for flares every time it is deployed? It will find a trajectory that avoids the flare hitting a solid object above it. One of the more fun ways to test this is to deploy under an overpass with a broken section. Zap will find the hole and fire the flare through it. If Zap cannot find a firing solution, it will tell you that you need to move to another location.

On 3/15/2021 at 5:13 AM, Carabosse said:

You have to fire a signal flare from Zap, it lets clients in the area know that you are available.

Did you know that Zap calculates a firing solution for flares every time it is deployed? It will find a trajectory that avoids the flare hitting a solid object above it. One of the more fun ways to test this is to deploy under an overpass with a broken section. Zap will find the hole and fire the flare through it. If Zap cannot find a firing solution, it will tell you that you need to move to another location.

Doh, many thanks, I probably didn't RTFM.... nice idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 1:06 AM, ollkorrekt said:

I'm curious now, and I haven't been able to figure it out from the context in this thread. What is Zodiac? Is it a quest mod? Some kind of gameplay mechanic mod?

Both actually. Probably the most detailed, atmospheric and feature-rich prostitution mod Bethesda games ever had, with PC playing a role of a member of some secretive high-rank prostitutes club. Quite polished too - I don't remember having technical problems with it either.

The only downside is the game it was made for - with Fallout 4 being a game where neither money no other material rewards make so little sense since its economy revolves around settlements and the best stuff coming from loot and crafting anyway. So the rewards (Zodiac tokens) didn't fee exactly rewarding. - not the author's fault. I don't remember being overwhelmed with the feeling of being "rewarded" in this game ever, the game just hands over to you everything you might need.

On 4/19/2021 at 7:33 PM, phillout said:

Both actually. Probably the most detailed, atmospheric and feature-rich prostitution mod Bethesda games ever had, with PC playing a role of a member of some secretive high-rank prostitutes club. Quite polished too - I don't remember having technical problems with it either.

The only downside is the game it was made for - with Fallout 4 being a game where neither money no other material rewards make so little sense since its economy revolves around settlements and the best stuff coming from loot and crafting anyway. So the rewards (Zodiac tokens) didn't fee exactly rewarding. - not the author's fault. I don't remember being overwhelmed with the feeling of being "rewarded" in this game ever, the game just hands over to you everything you might need.

Horizon and Zodiac worked pretty well together, as far as I remember, and Horizon kinda fixed all of these problems - however it needs a patch for literally every custom weapon / armor / ... . But...I honestly would never play FO4 without it

Can't wait for the updated Zodiac2, looks awesome!

13 hours ago, OlafOlafOlaf2 said:

Horizon and Zodiac worked pretty well together, as far as I remember, and Horizon kinda fixed all of these problems 

If anything, it makes settlement building even more important, thus making a career of a prostitute even less sensible. Like "hello, I'm a head honcho of a small empire of settlements, and I'm also a prostitute".

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2021 at 12:49 AM, phillipswilliam92 said:

How do I find your signature? Would really like to down load the Zodiac mod. it sounds great.

The link to the old Zodiac isn't hard to find. But I only really made it available for people who'd used it before. They know the requirements, how to start it etc. I don't want to encourage new people to use it as there's no support page for it and there won't be. Basically I don't want people to ask me loads of questions about it. ?

I saw your other questions on my profile but I'll answer them here. There's no need to wait for Zodiac 2 before starting a new game. Like Zodiac it will make zero edits to the base forms and will be safe to add and remove whenever you like. Except when you're in one of the cells added by the mod of course! Even then I suppose the game would just load you at the default co-ordinates maybe? I'll have to test that at some point. I'll release it on LL, or I might ask someone to release it for me with explicit instructions to ignore any future demands to remove it. ?

8 hours ago, Carabosse said:

The link to the old Zodiac isn't hard to find. But I only really made it available for people who'd used it before. They know the requirements, how to start it etc. I don't want to encourage new people to use it as there's no support page for it and there won't be. Basically I don't want people to ask me loads of questions about it. ?

I saw your other questions on my profile but I'll answer them here. There's no need to wait for Zodiac 2 before starting a new game. Like Zodiac it will make zero edits to the base forms and will be safe to add and remove whenever you like. Except when you're in one of the cells added by the mod of course! Even then I suppose the game would just load you at the default co-ordinates maybe? I'll have to test that at some point. I'll release it on LL, or I might ask someone to release it for me with explicit instructions to ignore any future demands to remove it. ?

Ok thanks for responding to my post. But after reading my post and your's I think I made a mistake when I made my post. In steed of saying "How do I find your signature? Would really like to down load the Zodiac mod. it sounds great" I shud have said, I used to have Zodiac before it became dependent on AAF, and since I have finaly got AAF to work right on my new system, I would like down load it again. Sorry about the mix up. I did how ever find Zodiac 1 in my old backed up AAF files from my old system and have since successfully installed it on my current game. I am all so looking forward to up grading it to Zodiac 2 when it comes out. Than you. 

• 10 months later...
On 6/9/2021 at 9:33 PM, Carabosse said:

I would like to ask where can i look for Zodiac 0.9925 later version. I have gone from the page quite sometime.

On 5/1/2022 at 1:51 AM, BraveNewWorld721 said:

I would like to ask where can i look for Zodiac 0.9925 later version. I have gone from the page quite sometime.

0,9925 was the last version I publicly released and there's a link to it earlier in this forum thread. That version is quite broken with newer versions of AAF though. It will get stuck on the final stage of animations etc, so I wouldn't recommend using it. Though I did post a quick script fix for that issue somewhere around here. Don't expect me to troubleshoot if you do use it and encounter issues. ?

• 11 months later...