Trials of Mana (Mod Request)

Yup, he can do whatever he wants with it. Hm, that video is taking longer to get HD, 4K version out. The old video is 4K ready. Though, the first was just only a 2+ minutes video on that one. The 2nd video is a bit longer.

57 minutes ago, Sinyu said:

Yup, he can do whatever he wants with it. Hm, that video is taking longer to get HD, 4K version out. The old video is 4K ready. Though, the first was just only a 2+ minutes video on that one. The 2nd video is a bit longer.

I notified him. He thanked you.

Once again the Loverslab community shows it's kindness !

Hi is anyone experienced in replacing characters with npc?  I managed to get the character in the game but it looks like cement.  I have a few materials but they all look white and grey in the game.  The instructions are good on but I feel it may be a bit different for this case.  I'm hoping someone could help me I spent quite some time and so far no winners.

Trying to put this into riesz.

/Game/Character/mob/mc17/Model/mc17_12a/SK_mc17_12a.uasset

1 hour ago, ptonino said:

Hi is anyone experienced in replacing characters with npc?  I managed to get the character in the game but it looks like cement.  I have a few materials but they all look white and grey in the game.  The instructions are good on but I feel it may be a bit different for this case.  I'm hoping someone could help me I spent quite some time and so far no winners.

Trying to put this into riesz.

/Game/Character/mob/mc17/Model/mc17_12a/SK_mc17_12a.uasset

The skeletal mesh contains information about what materials to load, so you must have those materials with the correct names in your project. The contents of those materials is not important because you will not include them in your pak. If you want to edit textures, you should also put them in the correct places with the correct filenames.

The game will load all of the paks, It will find your skeletal mesh and see that it needs those materials, then it will open those materials from the paks that have been loaded (including the original pak) and see that they need textures so it will open your textures because they are in the right places.

Animation blueprints work the same way. Make sure your skeletal mesh is hooked up to an ABP which is in the right place with the right name and then let the original version of that ABP load up by not including it in your pak. ABP contains things like physics for hair and anim-notifies for things like when your weapon is ready to trigger damage to anything it's touching.

Skeleton, again, same thing. There is 1 main common skeleton that contains all the bones for all the skeletal meshes that use it. This way any character using the common skeleton can share all of its animations with all the other characters using it.

This is how you should be able to mix up characters and NPCs, but unfortunately it means there is more work involved with monsters and bosses etc that have a unique skeleton - you will have to do much more work in blender and UE4.

This tutorial might help you understand the connection between these different types of assets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkcJ5bjGPsg

3 hours ago, wutdahax said:

This is how you should be able to mix up characters and NPCs, but unfortunately it means there is more work involved with monsters and bosses etc that have a unique skeleton - you will have to do much more work in blender and UE4.

I don't know how to map a model with a unique skeleton to a model with a common skeleton.
Specifically, I am trying to replace Belladonna (eb24: SK_eb24_01_skeleton) and kevin (pc03_01a2: SK_pc_common_skeleton), but it's not working.
Please give me some advice.

Sorry for the translated English.

2 hours ago, HAYAT_ll said:

I don't know how to map a model with a unique skeleton to a model with a common skeleton.
Specifically, I am trying to replace Belladonna (eb24: SK_eb24_01_skeleton) and kevin (pc03_01a2: SK_pc_common_skeleton), but it's not working.
Please give me some advice.

Sorry for the translated English.

I don't know. I've never tried, but I think you can just rename the bones and vertex groups in blender to match existing bones in SK_pc_common_skeleton ?

Also, try to use only the names of bones from the skeletal mesh you are replacing so that the animation blueprint works.

EDIT: I just tried this and it works pretty good!

KevinBella_1_P.pak

Spoiler

image.png.8a275e2d48b4969948b96895fd44bea4.pngimage.png.67e45bda505ca4c2ae8c773f52ec6482.png

The toes and right arm need adjustment, but otherwise not bad xD

12 hours ago, wutdahax said:

I don't know. I've never tried, but I think you can just rename the bones and vertex groups in blender to match existing bones in SK_pc_common_skeleton ?

Also, try to use only the names of bones from the skeletal mesh you are replacing so that the animation blueprint works.

KevinBella_1_P.pak 3.35 MB · 92 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.8a275e2d48b4969948b96895fd44bea4.pngimage.png.67e45bda505ca4c2ae8c773f52ec6482.png

Nice. It reminds me of the video from a (Japanese?) guy who likes to do model swap in his games. Result is pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGQFVQlKPqE

I guess it would be easy to do model swapping like this?

14 hours ago, amazingmrdonut said:

I think it'd be cool to remove that gray top from all the amazons.  Don't know if they're all different textures or they share one but I assume they all share

I looked about doing amazones but tha would be a long and annoying process because each amazone have a different model, and there are almost 10 differents amazones or maybe more, so we have to repeat our modifications on all the models, and for deleting the grey top I think just deleting it will make a hole on their bodiy cause the devs didn't made the full body, they have just put some clothes textures

7 hours ago, TheRealRaulwynn said:

I second that notion. I'd also like a mod to make a "mature" Reisz - who is a couple years older ofc with added curves and working physics the glitchy hair is a deal breaker with all current mods. I'd like to mod the whole game (aside charlotte - unless age, body, and voice is changed) to be dirty. I like the bees, harpys, Belladonna and other mods. Actively trolling teh forums looking for such. Will post if I find something.

Edit: Also, anyone know of a mod to straight remove Reisz panties from the first outfit? I don't need a recolor.

Edit: couldn't remember Belladonna name.

And for Riesz panties I've already tried it and there is there nothing under it, it's juste a clothe texture, so recolor or texture replacement would be the easiest way to do it.

here are some examples of what I mean

Spoiler

riesz.PNG.ad2ad6493812e19bff7f983d64c81ec0.PNGangela.PNG.f6da85f6b3109609ddab4a6ee9578065.PNGangelamagus.PNG.dff6edd60aff940bce36e351a627650f.PNG

maybe some experienced modder could re create the missing parts but I don't have enought skills to do it

5 minutes ago, PlaceholderNameSmile said:

Hey there! I do SFM stuff and i'm wondering if anyone could post the Angela model separate in this thread? If you want, the other outfits too, but if its too much work I understand. I would really appreciate it, thank you!

You can get any character you like by following the first few steps in my tutorial:

You can use Max or Maya if you prefer them over Blender and already know how to output the correct format for Source Filmmaker.

If you don't own the game, you can get the free demo on steam.

You are not limited to playable characters and pretty much all the story characters appear in the demo because they are part of the origin stories.

On 5/6/2020 at 6:01 AM, wutdahax said:

KevinBella_1_P.pak 3.35 MB · 203 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

Wasn't expecting this. Pretty damn good

5 hours ago, DekonFrost said:

Duran's dark classes costumes are really bad. Who can change Gladiator Costume to Lord Costume? also, Swordmaster to Divine Hero. just change the color.

You can use the Fearless Cheat Engine to unlock all the costumes, then just use the one you want.

https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12237&sid=6d5b8eb31b876975ea7c6f01fd0873ad&start=90

Basically you can copy/paste the script provided a little more than halfway down that page (posted by Cake-san) in the cheat engine. An earlier script unlocked the costumes, but they didn't remain unlocked. The one further down the page makes them stick for good.