Trials of Mana (Mod Request)

So with Trials of Mana finally released, I would like to request if nude mods can be created. The game has some pretty sexy outfits, and it is made on UE4 so modding is possible.

A guy created a similar thread where he showed off screenshots of his Trials of Mana nude mods created using the demo but never released them (what a tool)... So at least it is possible.

49076906723_edfd9613d3_h.jpg

49077436201_99300339a7_h.jpg

11 hours ago, zecknor said:

I tried my hand it at, and I'm stuck at editing the model itself. The author of that post also gave up on fixing the model since it wasn't displaying correctly. You can see his twitter post with the picture of it, I have the same result.

I'm actually trying import my modified model to UE4 but don't know how to do it.

I started editing angela model following the japanese tutorial with blender initially to make her breast bigger but it was too hard for me so i decided to just remove some parts of her outfit and I realized that devs didn't finished her breast, they just did the visible part but didn't do the covered part of them,

now that I finished editing the model and exported it to psk file i'm trying to import it into UE4 to make the UE package and after that repack it into the game but when I click import on UE4 it seem it don't take psk files...

Any suggestions?

ps : it's my first time doing this

Capture4.PNG

Capture6.PNG

1 hour ago, azerty96 said:

I'm actually trying import my modified model to UE4 but don't know how to do it.

I started editing angela model following the japanese tutorial with blender initially to make her breast bigger but it was too hard for me so i decided to just remove some parts of her outfit and I realized that devs didn't finished her breast, they just did the visible part but didn't do the covered part of them,

now that I finished editing the model and exported it to psk file i'm trying to import it into UE4 to make the UE package and after that repack it into the game but when I click import on UE4 it seem it don't take psk files...

Any suggestions?

ps : it's my first time doing this

Capture4.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Ok I found a way to do it but it's just a big fail, she is just gone and while I load my game i got a black screen...

I think I'll just wait for some good mods made by experienced people, i spent the whole fuckin day doing this shit

20200425230524_1.jpg

@azerty96 it's possible she may not be invisible, but so huge that you are looking between her feet! Make sure you are exporting FBX at 0.01 scale:
image.png.8eaa40959c16d583209cb88b55da9552.png

I got as far as making my edited model appear in game but she's stuck in a T-pose and won't even walk. I have to switch characters to move around :(
image.png.48b1b9eb48406484bda996c8a41cde8c.png

The model is rigged properly in UE4 and I can see joints bending correctly (I even had a go at partially re-implemeting the game's textures, so they're not perfect)image.png.f5619e74a0f38fd51a90c357a286ca23.png

This is the content of my pak file, there are no other files in any other directories:

image.png.0fe7f0f2973a9eb0beef179864528dd0.png

I also tried making a pak without the skeleton files, exact same result.

Can anyone help me figure out how to make the existing animations work correctly with my modded mesh? :(:(:(

(also, it's my first time doing this too)

40 minutes ago, wutdahax said:

@azerty96 it's possible she may not be invisible, but so huge that you are looking between her feet! Make sure you are exporting FBX at 0.01 scale:

I tried exporting fbx at 0.01 scale but but no changes, I still can't see her, maybe I edited the wrong file idk, I can't even see textures neither in blender neither in UE4, it's only a grey solid object

3 minutes ago, azerty96 said:

I tried exporting fbx at 0.01 scale but but no changes, I still can't see her, maybe I edited the wrong file idk, I can't even see textures neither in blender neither in UE4, it's only a grey solid object

Grey solid object is correct. UE4 creates new empty materials with the correct names. I exported textures from the pak as png, then imported them to UE4 and added them to the empty materials. They're obviously not perfect, but close enough.

image.png.2b0986387c8c36c79a372669aab7ca79.png

12 hours ago, Linkund40fieber said:

when you get the psk model import it to 3ds max with actor x import and save as fbx than you have the boneworks for blender ;D. 

Is there a free ver of 3DS max? All I see is a student one or a pay 2000 dollars a year ver.

Has anyone yet tried to place their pak files in a "~mods" folder in the game directory? Should be something like (Trials of Mana/Content/Paks/~mods). This is how mods were handled in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, and it's a UE4 game as well. I think UE4 uses the files inserted into the ~mods folder to override the original files packed into the game. Worth a shot. I would look into it myself but I don't yet own the game.

Any way to set up 3dmigoto to be able to at least mod the shaders/costumes?

I am too much of a newbie and only know how to edit textures but was able to edit some costumes in Bullet Girls Phantasia with the tools provided there, it would probably require a functional d3x.ini though, I tried using the same tools and would only get .buf files :/, no .dds.