Trials of Mana (Mod Request)

9 hours ago, zecknor said:

I got the psk addon, maybe it's the wrong one then? Since they are imported with really bad surfaces.

The one I used was https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psa

That's what i used and the surfaces are perfect. Animation is completely missing though. I still haven't figure out why the skeleton isn't working.

8 hours ago, Blehbreh said:

Has anyone yet tried to place their pak files in a "~mods" folder in the game directory? Should be something like (Trials of Mana/Content/Paks/~mods). This is how mods were handled in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, and it's a UE4 game as well. I think UE4 uses the files inserted into the ~mods folder to override the original files packed into the game. Worth a shot. I would look into it myself but I don't yet own the game.

Files need to be named similar to the existing day-one patch included: "Trials of Mana-WindowsNoEditor_0_P.pak" where there are two variables that can be anything you like i.e. "Trials of Mana-WindowsNoEditor_*_*.pak"

For example: https://www.naguide.com/trials-of-mana-button-prompts-change-ps-switch/
I renamed the file "Trials of Mana-WindowsNoEditor_PS4_Buttons.pak" and it works perfectly. 

Still can't see my angela model in the game even if I export bfx with scaling 0,1.

I also tried to import my model with scale 0,1 in UE4 but same result.

Maybe it's because I didn't aplied the texture on the model in UE4, I tried but don't know ho to do, when I put a texture in a material it go on the whole model, like skin texture on clothes and hair ,clothes terture on hair

I can't figure how to put a texture on a specific part of the model

Thank you for posting that, Accerain! I tried it out and it actually works!!
I almost couldn't believe it ?

I wanted to figure out what the difference is between the working file and my own edit. This is what I found in umodel. I think I know what I need to do now!

image.png.0d4eede0b435cd0957e1bd63d5038cc6.png

If I can get my mod to work I will write up a tutorial to help others. ? I want to see lots of great mods from everyone!! ?

Edit: False alarm ☹️

That warning is only because the skeleton file is missing from the pak. I'm still stuck with T-pose for now ?

4 hours ago, wutdahax said:

Thank you for posting that, Accerain! I tried it out and it actually works!!
I almost couldn't believe it ?

I wanted to figure out what the difference is between the working file and my own edit. This is what I found in umodel. I think I know what I need to do now!

image.png.0d4eede0b435cd0957e1bd63d5038cc6.png

If I can get my mod to work I will write up a tutorial to help others. ? I want to see lots of great mods from everyone!! ?

Edit: False alarm ☹️

That warning is only because the skeleton file is missing from the pak. I'm still stuck with T-pose for now ?

I still can't understand how he made this to work.

The only differences between his mod and mine is no skeleton and textures applied on the model

1 hour ago, azerty96 said:

I still can't understand how he made this to work.

The only differences between his mod and mine is no skeleton and textures applied on the model

You get that (his ver.) when you extract the files using quickbms, then use umodel_win32 to view and extract the models.

Those patchwork textures that you see in my screenshot are the actual textures on the model. The developer uses those for testing. They have blueprints that swap the textures/materials out because the materials have postprocess effects that are shared across all skeletal meshes throughout the whole game and it's much easier to manage that way.

Any textures on the model will be replaced at runtime.

If you want to retexture the model or make significant changes to the mesh, you will need to replace materials' vertex selections in max/blender and make new UVs .

MY RIG WORKS!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

image.png.21837b9127622666fd80828e57081804.png

but it's 4:30 am ?

Tomorrow I will start again from scratch to ensure I have a repeatable process and then when I'm sure I have it all worked out I will write up a mini tutorial. I haven't tried anything to do with textures yet, so that will come later. For now at least I can delete bits of clothing that covered up those beautiful assets ?

11 minutes ago, wutdahax said:

Tomorrow I will start again from scratch to ensure I have a repeatable process and then when I'm sure I have it all worked out I will write up a mini tutorial. I haven't tried anything to do with textures yet, so that will come later. For now at least I can delete bits of clothing that covered up those beautiful assets ?

Great to hear! I'm interested in how you get the assets out and back in (what processes do you need to do to ensure they don't break everything). I got the assets out, but not sure if I did it the correct way. Also how to combine the texture/meshes together again after modding the mesh. Are you able to use the model I made to put it into the game? All I did was remake the breast for Reiz.

1 hour ago, zecknor said:

Great to hear! I'm interested in how you get the assets out and back in (what processes do you need to do to ensure they don't break everything). I got the assets out, but not sure if I did it the correct way. Also how to combine the texture/meshes together again after modding the mesh. Are you able to use the model I made to put it into the game? All I did was remake the breast for Reiz.

The youtube video above got me started. The biggest roadblock was the skeleton not working correctly making my model do a t-pose and literally unplayable (I couldn't even walk) - it was caused by the blender fbx export adding a bone before the root, fixed by renaming the top level item as "armature" because UE4 importer has a secret quirk specifically for that.
image.png.114ae508ed7a5eabb423d6390947265c.png

There are some other things I figured out by opening the uasset in a txt/hex editor but I'm not 100% sure that part is required.

2 hours ago, wutdahax said:

CAn you throw us a link to this? i love a reduced clothing mod anyday!

The youtube video above got me started. The biggest roadblock was the skeleton not working correctly making my model do a t-pose and literally unplayable (I couldn't even walk) - it was caused by the blender fbx export adding a bone before the root, fixed by renaming the top level item as "armature" because UE4 importer has a secret quirk specifically for that.

There are some other things I figured out by opening the uasset in a txt/hex editor but I'm not 100% sure that part is required.

How do you apply the textures to the mesh? Also do you only need SK_pc06_01a.uasset? Or do you need everything?

Like how would I go about doing what you did so far with only editing SK_pc06_01a.uasset? Do I somehow need to edit the rest of the files?
image.png.979839ff2d1ed5f0076bac2d340a97d9.png

Now that I have changed angela class to mystic I tried modifying angela mystic model but it's so hard selecting only the parts you want to delete without selecting a wrong vert.

I deleted so many times wrong verts and it maked holes in her body.

I will try selecting by faces instead of verts next time

I'm waiting for wutdahax tutorial impatiently to make my models work, especially for the textures, I'm pretty sur it's because of the missing textures that my models don't show up in the game

6 hours ago, wutdahax said:

How do you get that view I can't find it

I've seen in the skeleton tree of the mesh that there is a bone called ArmObject before the root one, but unable to rename it

Capture7.PNG.44480a567464cd580f0c874a3656ce83.PNG

1 hour ago, azerty96 said:

How do you get that view I can't find it

I've seen in the skeleton tree of the mesh that there is a bone called ArmObject before the root one, but unable to rename it

Capture7.PNG.44480a567464cd580f0c874a3656ce83.PNG

"That view" is from blender. I see your skeleton tree and you have the same problem that I had. You need to find whatever it is called "ArmObject" in your 3D editor and rename it "armature" - then UE4 will delete it and make "root" the actual root bone next time you import

17 minutes ago, wutdahax said:

"That view" is from blender. I see your skeleton tree and you have the same problem that I had. You need to find whatever it is called "ArmObject" in your 3D editor and rename it "armature" - then UE4 will delete it and make "root" the actual root bone next time you import

Ok I see, I'll try it, Do you think if my model don't show up in the game it's because I didn't aplied textures to it?

6 hours ago, azerty96 said:

Now that I have changed angela class to mystic I tried modifying angela mystic model but it's so hard selecting only the parts you want to delete without selecting a wrong vert.

I'm waiting for wutdahax tutorial impatiently to make my models work, especially for the textures, I'm pretty sur it's because of the missing textures that my models don't show up in the game

I edited Angela by deleting verts. Your problem is probably just down to experience with Blender. For example to delete the hat, I just selected a few verts and pressed Ctrl & Num+ until the whole hat was selected, then press Delete, Enter.

If your model is not showing up in game its most likely because of the file structure in your pak.

put your pak in a folder with no other paks and open with umodel. You should see correct folder structure like this:

image.png.6207fee5dcc033dc3272004bb771440f.png

"Game" at the top - very important. All the directories and filenames are case-sensitive.

Note this pak has uasset and uexp files, but only the uasset is visible here.

7 hours ago, azerty96 said:

Why not just change the outfit to the "basic" modded one, instead of modding all of her models ?

olVOv2E[1].jpg

I edited Angela by deleting verts. Your problem is probably just down to experience with Blender. For example to delete the hat, I just selected a few verts and pressed Ctrl & Num+ until the whole hat was selected, then press Delete, Enter.

If your model is not showing up in game its most likely because of the file structure in your pak.

put your pak in a folder with no other paks and open with umodel. You should see correct folder structure like this:

image.png.6207fee5dcc033dc3272004bb771440f.png

"Game" at the top - very important. All the directories and filenames are case-sensitive.

Note this pak has uasset and uexp files, but only the uasset is visible here.

Yes it' not my first time on blender, few years ago I made a sort of game with my father, it was just a cube moving around with some bulding and a bit of textures, but it's the first time i work on a character model with so many verts

There are my structures in UE4, windows explorer and umodel. Tell me if there is something wrong

Edit : I changed the first letter of folders to uppercase but still not showing in the game

Capture9.PNG

Capture10.PNG

Capture8.PNG