Overloading

Krynn

Hello @ll! :classic_smile:

Does anybody know if you have the message:
"you wear too much, you can't run anymore" "du trägst zuviel, du kannst nicht mehr rennen"
(I don't know exactly how that translates into English)
disable it?

It's exactly that. You are carrying too much :classic_laugh:

It's part of the game NOT to be able to carry your complete household.

Either you drop some stuff, or you install a mod for that or you use the console commands.

I use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63330 to achive a more fine-tuned limitation. But there are many others.

Console example:

Spoiler

To set your carry weight to 500, type player.setav CarryWeight 500

or 5000, type player.setav CarryWeight 5000

1 hour ago, worik said:

It's exactly that. You are carrying too much :classic_laugh:

It's part of the game NOT to be able to carry your complete household.

Either you drop some stuff, or you install a mod for that or you use the console commands.

I use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63330 to achive a more fine-tuned limitation. But there are many others.

Console example:

Hide contents

To set your carry weight to 500, type player.setav CarryWeight 500

or 5000, type player.setav CarryWeight 5000

hehe :classic_biggrin: no that's not the point, i always get this message when i get this hobbledress, i wanted to switch it off, just the message.

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

i always get this message when i get this hobbledress, i wanted to switch it off, just the message.

Devious Devices is supposed to be hiding that message.  If it's not, you can try this.  In the console type:

setgs sOverEncumbered " "

exactly like that with " " at the end.  That will set the over-encumbered message to a blank.  The setting is not saved if you change it this way, so you'll have to do it again when you start the game.  And obviously this will hide the message that normally warns you that you're carrying too much.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Devious Devices is supposed to be hiding that message.  If it's not, you can try this.  In the console type:

setgs sOverEncumbered " "

exactly like that with " " at the end.  That will set the over-encumbered message to a blank.  The setting is not saved if you change it this way, so you'll have to do it again when you start the game.  And obviously this will hide the message that normally warns you that you're carrying too much.

thanks, I'll try!
do you know a setting that makes it permanent and i don't have to type it every time in the console?

7 minutes ago, Krynn said:

do you know a setting that makes it permanent and i don't have to type it every time in the console?

I don't think that's possible with a setting.  However, you could edit the message with the Creation Kit or TES5Edit and that would be permanent. 

4 hours ago, Krynn said:

thanks, I'll try!

Skyrim.ini -> [General] -> fEncumberedReminderTimer=3600

(in real time seconds, then 3600 seconds = 1 time for each hour of play)

Archived