Does anyone love to cook ?

I absolutely love cooking, and I was just wondering how many share this passion, I personally love to make anything pasta as homemade pasta is one of my favourite things to make, so my main question to anyone would be not only do you love to cook but also what is your favourite thing to cook ?

I cook quite a bit, mostly with an oven or grill. Most of it is simple stuff tailored to my caveman tastes but I can handle most recipes when I feel like something fancy. Beats the hell out of relying on the microwave/toaster/other people as most people who can't cook are stuck with, that is for sure.

Tommorrow I'm grabbing some pork steaks and using the public grill. Sometime close to sunset because I'm an introver- err... I mean because "social distancing". Yeah, that's totally the reason why.....

used to,when it was more than just me.,now,I made a Hamburger,Having said that i bought a Bench top oven, grilled Barramundi with onions, etc got me back into cooking.love to buy Lamb roast,but it's too expensive atm

Wish I had something that would make Chocolate Eclairs,VID 19 is going to make me fat

15 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

I cook quite a bit, mostly with an oven or grill. Most of it is simple stuff tailored to my caveman tastes but I can handle most recipes when I feel like something fancy. Beats the hell out of relying on the microwave/toaster/other people as most people who can't cook are stuck with, that is for sure.

Tommorrow I'm grabbing some pork steaks and using the public grill. Sometime close to sunset because I'm an introver- err... I mean because "social distancing". Yeah, that's totally the reason why.....

And the damn pavilion with the grills I use is currently off limits due to that damn virus. God forbid they just place a limit on the number of people allowed to gather there at once. NO! EVERYONE PANIC! SHUT IT ALL DOWN COMPLETELY! HOARD ALL THE TOILET PAPER! WASTE ALL THE MEDICAL MASKS EVEN THOUGH THEY WON'T OFFER YOU ANY MEANINGFUL PROTECTION! NO FUN ALLOWED!

It would be absurd to claim humanity's reaction has become more annoying than the virus itself. But damn if they aren't trying their best.

Love, love, love cooking and love creating my own recipes :) ...I'm a meat and vegetable cook and love my herbs, spices, homemade sauces, marinades, chutney's, etc... I love experimenting with new flavours, creating new flavours, I do all my own preserving, everything is made from scratch, never a store bought (aside from herbs and spices and fresh produce) for my cooking... My most recent larger recipe creation was for a Berry Beef dish I made for Xmas and it was a great success :D ...Basically, made a deep nest of young, fresh Pine Needles in a Slow Cooker, cut the Beef Roast into 3 almost cut all the way through sections, laid the Beef in the Pine Needle Nest, then packed Raspberries, Blackberries and Mulberries (frozen is fine) around the Beef and within the cuts until full... sprinkled about a tablespoon of Brown Sugar and two to three tablespoons of Lemon Zest over top of the Beef, found a very Berry tasting Red Wine and poured a cup over the lot and then covered it all in a thin layer of the last of the Pine Needles and Slow Cooked for about 8 hours...and made a Gravy out of the Juices left once cooked :) ...VERY yummy :D 

Does watching infomercials about cooking count? Some fat chef is hawking a new portable oven.

His actual show cooks excrementally bad seafood but the infomercials make me hungry.

My stomach goes on strike or calls an emergency ("abandon ship!! Warp core breach in progress!!") While I'm asleep,

but once a month I defy the damned torpedoes and cook a stovetop pot-roast, despite orders from below.

and besides,

recipes start with "onions, Garlic, "EVOO",

which are forbidden in this house.

Salt, sugar are my friends. 

"love" is a many splendored thing...messy.

8 hours ago, NickNozownik said:

Yes, here's my favorite recipe:

1. Shitload of fried eggs

2. Shitload of fried meat

3. (OPTIONAL) Seasoning

10/10, never gets old.

seasoning is never optional to me, you at the very least need salt.

10 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I don't enjoy cooking. But, I am pretty good at it. Strange that, because my mom was the same way. I do greatly appreciate the effort that others put into their cooking while I'm eating it. :classic_biggrin:

hell really the only reason I have friend's is so they can eat my cooking.

10 hours ago, nonusnomeni said:

coocking

what a beautiful field for experimenting

making something totally unique and get high praises for that

but also never to make same meal twice

and if you are doing that privately that is fine, professionally you want to be consistant.

10 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I don't enjoy cooking. But, I am pretty good at it. Strange that, because my mom was the same way. I do greatly appreciate the effort that others put into their cooking while I'm eating it. :classic_biggrin:

to me that is what it all about, I love it when people love my food.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:03 AM, KanesGhost said:

SNippy, slow cooking ? I mean I don't really like slow cookers personally as they tend to drain all flavour from food for me as most people that have made me things out of it cooks it way too long and never seasons thing, I can't stand things not seasoned with at least salt, let me taste it damn it, but not just the food the passion in which you make it with it what I want to taste mostly, if it is bland then well I probably won't eat that shit, but I can see that you love it and that is good enough for me.

11 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Pretty much.

I despise cooking, but it leads to ... things and friends seem to want it over and over so, fuck it; I'll cook.

This time.

1 hour ago, ReapersCurse said:

That all depends on how the Slow Cooker is utilised, yes the seasoning needs to be heavy handed in a Slow Cooker, a very good example being Pine Needles (when I say nest, I mean nest, thick and fully encompassing the Roast)...same goes for Salt Bush (Australian Native), you don't want either the Pine Needles or Salt Bush to dry out, thus why slow cooking is the tool for them, do trust me, the flavor is strong when done in such a fashion...but when it comes to Spices as an example, say Chilli Con Carne, I would never Slow Cook it, it kills the strength of the Spices.... I don't like bland and boring either, food needs to excite the taste buds and keep people interested, I keep roughly between 50-60 herbs and spices and yes, I use them all, they are fun :) ...especially when making your own combinations with them :) 

On 4/3/2020 at 10:32 AM, uscno84 said:

I really enjoy cooking! I recently made my first pasta, as well as lasagna. However i usually prefer grilling meat on a charcoal grill.

I'm too lazy to cook, but mind you, I can cook. 
even unusual things.
but I'm like you, prefer a steak on the grill.

Spoiler

Fotolia_170441766_XS_400.jpgprofile:ezone-teaser620x348

Gotta need some ingredients for tomorrow's idea:

- baguette or Ciabatta

- fresh tomatoes

- Mozzarella

- olive oil

- basil

- pepper

Slice open the bread, have some olive oil on it, slice the tomato(es) and mozzarella, garnish with basil and pepper and put in the oven (175 degrees) until the mozzarella flows. Enjoy while warm.

Have you tried Sous Vide cooking method?

About 3 yrs ago I saw some guys trying to get a perfect sear on a steak, and to set up the experiment, they vacuum sealed 6 steaks and submerged them in 133F water for 3 hours.

STEAKS... UNDER water!

Turns out...it is the BEST steak you will EVER eat. EVER. I have taken a cheap-ass chuck roast and served it as "NY Strip" to the wife, she never knew. Tender, juicy, perfectly done and damn near fool-proof. (I really like that last part.. "Fool proof" hahahah!) 

"Sous Vide Everything"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFuaxD-0PKLolFR3gWhrMw

My grill is sad now. :)