IGNORED

[mod] [Stellaris] DroZzhat's Stellaris Mod

DroZzhat

[Stellaris] DroZzhat's Stellaris Mod

Before we get started...
This is mostly a hodge podge of features that weren't necessarily missing from the game, but that I wanted nonetheless. It will likely never have a particular theme beyond "Huh, wouldn't it be cool if..." Still, I will try to avoid overwrites for compatibility's sake. It will probably grow over time. Why am I combining kinda unrelated things? My mod list is already long; I don't need the extra lag of multiple files, and it's also less work for me. There's also an identical steam version under the exact same name, if you prefer steam; it doesn't have any fewer features than this one.

Features

• 3 Civics for Custom Empires: Alluring Matriarchy, Alluring Patriarchy, Demigod Monarch
  • Diamond Shoals Origin
  • Alluring Design trait for Robots (Biological Empires Only)
  • Enhanced Agility trait for Robots (Biological & Machine Empires)
  • Biological Immortality Biological Ascension trait
  • Choose your initial ruler's agenda via menu at the start of the game (except democracies)
  • Choose all of your leaders' traits via menu at the start of the game
  • More to come... You know, when inspiration strikes.

Balance
The civics are more powerful than the vanilla ones and if you want you can give yourself all spark of genius scientists with the menu at the start. Still, given how punishing the RNG can be once the game actually gets rolling, and given the fact that I normally play on higher difficulty settings along with mods to make things more difficult in general, these bonuses tend to amount to little more than a slight boost  when compared to the AI's bonuses.

Warnings

• Don't waste your time making a male leader and then choose matriarchy, or the other way around. It won't break the game, but you'll feel silly.
  • I don't recommend following the psionic ascension path with the demigod monarch civic. The whole "Chosen One" thing and potentially other parts of the interactions with the Shroud will screw things up in ways I can't account for without overwriting files. Your leader is already an immortal psychic, I recommend biological ascension instead.

Compatibility
The only thing I overwrote was a single government entry so that Divine Empire recognized my new civic, but that doesn't even overwrite the entire file. Honestly, just use common sense and probably don't use this with mods that do the same thing and you should be fine. Let me know if there are exceptions to this.

Credits
Expert Map-Starer L. E. - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1310174680
for the original version of the code for selecting agendas/traits. I removed the parts I didn't want and added the ability to choose the traits of your scientists as well.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/31/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Stellaris 2.6.2

30 minutes ago, Kashyr said:

Doesnt seem to be adding the Civics. Its possible I need to disable something but it shouldn"t conflict. I do have a expanded traitpack with a few civics in it that could be the issue but I cant give those up.

Are you sure it's enabled at all? Are the traits there? The new Origin?
Them not popping up at all would generally not be the result of a mod conflict.

40 minutes ago, Kashyr said:

Yea there's a conflict somewhere, cant get it to function currently. Too tired to troubleshoot which mod it is currently. I'll give an update tomorrow 

Maybe try the Steam version of my mod. I can't say why that would help anything, but the file you're using may be corrupted somehow.

Alright I deleted it and gave the steam version a try and it did work. But the Diamond Shoals origin wouldn't show up (I have a origin pack so that could be conflicting). The traits/civics work but there is the unknown of the Alluring design trait as I couldn't quickly test that since you cant select it at start. 

The origin isn't a big deal so its more or less good now. My only lite criticism is the alluring civics are a bit dull and don't add much. Some flavor to the effects to make them more appealing would be good. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Kashyr said:

Alright I deleted it and gave the steam version a try and it did work. But the Diamond Shoals origin wouldn't show up (I have a origin pack so that could be conflicting). The traits/civics work but there is the unknown of the Alluring design trait as I couldn't quickly test that since you cant select it at start. 

The origin isn't a big deal so its more or less good now. My only lite criticism is the alluring civics are a bit dull and don't add much. Some flavor to the effects to make them more appealing would be good. 

Cheers

They're not supposed to do anything but set the gender of your leaders to keep them viable for pretty much every empire (other than egalitarian ones). The extra stat buffs are just gravy so that the loss of a civic point isn't as painful. They prevent me from having to hire and then fire 25 males to get a female leader when the RNG is screwing with me, and that is enough for me.

Again, having an origin pack shouldn't prevent my origin from showing up; the pack would have to be using the exact same ID for an origin, which is extremely unlikely. It uses modified vanilla artwork in the selection screen, are you sure you're not just overlooking it?

Did a playtest with both versions.

The loverslab version does not seem to do anything

The steam version WORKS FINE, except no origin option.

A couple of side notes:  this does not conflict with the random add-on traits from lustful void.  Those traits were always extra traits and they still seem to be.  Also, the governor ended up with two vanilla traits even though only one was picked..  not complaining, but maybe not intended?

Looks good over all.

Thanks!

p.s. picking leader traits..  maybe a cheat, but such a nice QOL improvement.  No more restarting because all my scientists are resilient...

11 hours ago, Kashyr said:

Glad to know it wasn't just me

17 hours ago, Tara26 said:

A couple of side notes:  this does not conflict with the random add-on traits from lustful void.  Those traits were always extra traits and they still seem to be.  Also, the governor ended up with two vanilla traits even though only one was picked..  not complaining, but maybe not intended?

Looks good over all.

Thanks!

p.s. picking leader traits..  maybe a cheat, but such a nice QOL improvement.  No more restarting because all my scientists are resilient...

I can't say for sure if this will fix it, as the mod was working fine for me, but let me know if this new version works as intended for you. I changed some thins with the descriptor file so hopefully this non-steam version should actually do something.

I'll look into the governor thing. I never have more than one trait, but that may just be a RNG thing. There might be a trait it's not accounting for or something in the removal step...

Looks good over all.

Thanks!

Issue with two traits at the start for governors should be fixed now. It won't account for any mod added traits though if you happen to add a mod to your loader that adds them.

Did some quick testing.

The only thing that seems to be off at the moment is the Diamond Shoals start.

I disabled all the LV mods (they provide a couple of starts and thought they might be blocking??  I dunno).  But that had no effect..  no Origin story.

One possibility - I am running the free 2.6.2 but didn't install the full Federations DLC.  So I am actually missing some of the DLC starts as well (ring world, etc.), I just have the basic 10, which is still a lot.

So maybe that is something your mod requires?

Again, I'm not really sure, because the LV origins come through with just the free 2.6.2. update.  But that is where it is atm.

Still...  the leader options make this a must download all on their own. 

cheers.

-T

4 hours ago, Tara26 said:

Did some quick testing.

The only thing that seems to be off at the moment is the Diamond Shoals start.

I disabled all the LV mods (they provide a couple of starts and thought they might be blocking??  I dunno).  But that had no effect..  no Origin story.

One possibility - I am running the free 2.6.2 but didn't install the full Federations DLC.  So I am actually missing some of the DLC starts as well (ring world, etc.), I just have the basic 10, which is still a lot.

So maybe that is something your mod requires?

Again, I'm not really sure, because the LV origins come through with just the free 2.6.2. update.  But that is where it is atm.

Still...  the leader options make this a must download all on their own. 

cheers.

-T

Oh, it does indeed require the federations DLC by the code.
I'll fix that when I get home tomorrow...

In the mean time, if you wanted to fix it yourself before I can get around to it, you can just open the system initializer txt file and delete that line. It should be pretty obvious which one it is. If you wanted to test the origin, I mean.

OK I tried your fix and it worked.  For those that don't have federations:

the folder is:  DZSM/common/governments/civics

the file is:  dz_origins.txt

the line is:  playable = {host_has_dlc=Fedetaions}

Delete the entire line (it is spread out over a few actual lines).  Just remove the whole line.

Now diamond shoals appears.

Cheers.  off to go and give it a run.

-T

Been able to run the Diamond Shoals now and it is quite the rude/but welcome introduction into the game to have the drone home system right there next to your homeworld with the main station right by the hyperlane exit.  RIP meticulous scientist.

One thing I noticed (not sure if intentional or not) -

when starting a new game, on the game details screen (where you choose galaxy size and shape), there is a setting for 'guaranteed habitable worlds'.

This is the thing that makes sure there are worlds within a couple of jumps that match your home world's biome.

Diamond Shoals completely overwrites this choice.

If you chose 1 or 2...  then the AI empires will have a significant advantage over you as, even once you clear out the drones, there is no guarantee of finding useful worlds.

Quick fixes:  us the start from 'Federations' where you begin on a habitat or ringworld, or chose the Guaranteed Habitable Worlds setting of '0'.

Playing as a rapid growth, planet gobbling empire with Diamond Shoals is quite the challenge.

Thanks again!

-T

Been able to run the Diamond Shoals now and it is quite the rude/but welcome introduction into the game to have the drone home system right there next to your homeworld with the main station right by the hyperlane exit.  RIP meticulous scientist.

One thing I noticed (not sure if intentional or not) -

when starting a new game, on the game details screen (where you choose galaxy size and shape), there is a setting for 'guaranteed habitable worlds'.

This is the thing that makes sure there are worlds within a couple of jumps that match your home world's biome.

Diamond Shoals completely overwrites this choice.

If you chose 1 or 2...  then the AI empires will have a significant advantage over you as, even once you clear out the drones, there is no guarantee of finding useful worlds.

Quick fixes:  us the start from 'Federations' where you begin on a habitat or ringworld, or chose the Guaranteed Habitable Worlds setting of '0'.

Playing as a rapid growth, planet gobbling empire with Diamond Shoals is quite the challenge.

Thanks again!

-T

Yeah, I mostly made that origin for people that want to build tall rather than wide. It makes it rather difficult to expand early, but once you nab that relic from the drones, you can make the few systems you have very resource rich if you have the energy credits to fire it (which I always have since I tend to max out generator districts asap). But yeah, you will not have the guaranteed habitable neighbors with this origin. Honestly, though, I typically only have one planet for the first 100 years of the game with a shit ton of researchers and technicians. By the time I'm ready to colonize another world, I generally have the tech to build one (so I can just drop a habitat in my home system) or terraform one to perfect habitability.

Weird that your scientist was killed though..  Normally the drones just stick to their stations, which normally aren't close enough to borders to actually engage a scientist that pops in the gravity well. Did you not have him set to evasive?

So I am having a crash problem with your mod. Its the only one i have active and whenever I go to create a new empire and select city appearance or ship appearance it crashes, everything else seems to work except for those.

Update: I used the steam version instead of the LL version and everything is working fine now. Really enjoying the origin.

The scientist?  The main base of drones - has about 5 pods and the one large station.  There just happened to be an unlucky hyperlane that came out right next to it.  But I expected to lose one eventually. 

That's what I've discovered with my second play on Diamond Shoals...  it's for tall, which is cool, because that isn't how I normally play - so it's something new.

-T