I have been having trouble with AAF but someone gave me a link to try and fix it. I started a new game and haven't come to a place where I need it yet.

I know that four play is old and everything but if it doesn't work this time, I don't believe it will ever work for me. So before AAF how did you get the animations

to play?  Was there a call to the animations from a four play mod?    I hope I don't have to revert but I may need to.  Thanks

On 3/31/2020 at 12:05 PM, ivanoff said:

I have been having trouble with AAF but someone gave me a link to try and fix it. I started a new game and haven't come to a place where I need it yet.

I know that four play is old and everything but if it doesn't work this time, I don't believe it will ever work for me. So before AAF how did you get the animations

to play?  Was there a call to the animations from a four play mod?    I hope I don't have to revert but I may need to.  Thanks

Its been a while so my memory is a bit hazy, but i believe every update to F4SE required a patch for fourplay. So its possible that since AAF pretty much took over, the fourplay patch hasnt been updated. Youre not going to find much support for fourplay these days

On 4/1/2020 at 3:05 AM, ivanoff said:

Would it be possible you miss some of the file that is required? You need a popper animation caller to call it from AAF.

9 hours ago, ivanoff said:

I used a guide found here on LL to install all that they called for.  Not sure what a popper animation caller is? I thought the call for animations was in the mods that use AAF.

Thanks

You are correct.  AAF plays animations either when a mod calls for them, or when you use the AAF Wizard to select actors and an animation.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:04 AM, ivanoff said:

I used a guide found here on LL to install all that they called for.  Not sure what a popper animation caller is? I thought the call for animations was in the mods that use AAF.

Thanks

If your still looking to get FourPlay working again I believe this will be your last chance as this is the last time this plugin will be updated.LLFP-v38-20191205.7z  found here:   https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4317-devtestbeta-ll-fourplay-community-f4se-plugin-v38-2019-12-05.    But me if I was you I would stick to AAF as it's up to date and has a fantastic group of modder's and users behind it all willing to help.

1 hour ago, mashup47 said:

If your still looking to get FourPlay working again I believe this will be your last chance as this is the last time this plugin will be updated

AAF uses the same plugin and it is definitely still being updated.  On the other hand, the rest of Four-Play is definitely not being updated any more.

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

AAF uses the same plugin and it is definitely still being updated.  On the other hand, the rest of Four-Play is definitely not being updated any more.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read a post by @jaam  stating that this was the last time he would be updating it. But I did not know that you could use the one provided in the AAF setup with FourPlay.

3 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read a post by @jaam  stating that this was the last time he would be updating it. But I did not know that you could use the one provided in the AAF setup with FourPlay.

It's the same library.  It comes with AAF and you can also download it separately.  It's been expanded quite a bit for AAF, but it still would work with Four-Play.